Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,657 members, 7,816,685 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:16 PM

I Don’t Know Why I Didn’t Award Penalty To Nigeria – Turkish Referee - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / I Don’t Know Why I Didn’t Award Penalty To Nigeria – Turkish Referee (87009 Views)

Paul Pogba Admits He Made A "Stupid Mistake" After Conceding Penalty To Arsenal / Man United Score From A Record Penalty To Qualify For UEL Semi-Finals / Referee Orosco Sparks Chaos After Using Fake VAR To Award Penalty (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Don’t Know Why I Didn’t Award Penalty To Nigeria – Turkish Referee by ttshems(m): 9:55pm On Jun 27, 2018
tongue
Re: I Don’t Know Why I Didn’t Award Penalty To Nigeria – Turkish Referee by RexTramadol1: 9:55pm On Jun 27, 2018
He even get time to dey tell u say e no know.
Re: I Don’t Know Why I Didn’t Award Penalty To Nigeria – Turkish Referee by blackgold90(m): 9:56pm On Jun 27, 2018
Hahahahahaha
Re: I Don’t Know Why I Didn’t Award Penalty To Nigeria – Turkish Referee by aspirebig: 9:56pm On Jun 27, 2018
why reclying this news?

Ighalo Iheanachor just went to Russia for fun.

Watch other countries matches and see how serious minded people are playing their lives out.

Germany current champion has been sent packing today.Even the Argentina will soon come back with all their stars....it is just hype.

Please can Nigeria get those same boys that won U 17 2013 now? I know Iheanachor is a product of that squad.. they look more serious than this current SE ....

Where are those boys now?

2 Likes

Re: I Don’t Know Why I Didn’t Award Penalty To Nigeria – Turkish Referee by funmilade4real(m): 9:57pm On Jun 27, 2018
izzou:

angry

Can you guys please stop this unintentional bullsheet?

I agree that Ighalo killed us, but when the ball touches your hand in the box, it's a penalty.

Whether it hits your head or your opponent's head before it touches your hand, it's a penalty

Professional players like Drogba, Shearer are saying its a penalty, but you guys just won't agree

Not all... Refree's discretion matters

2 Likes

Re: I Don’t Know Why I Didn’t Award Penalty To Nigeria – Turkish Referee by chocorex(m): 9:57pm On Jun 27, 2018
It's good we didn't qualify, can you play France and Spain.

1 Like

Re: I Don’t Know Why I Didn’t Award Penalty To Nigeria – Turkish Referee by IamAirforce1: 9:57pm On Jun 27, 2018
This match brings bad blood and not so cool memory, please lets stop talking about it...

Thankz
Re: I Don’t Know Why I Didn’t Award Penalty To Nigeria – Turkish Referee by HoodBillionaire: 9:58pm On Jun 27, 2018
sure fundz

Re: I Don’t Know Why I Didn’t Award Penalty To Nigeria – Turkish Referee by tempest01(m): 9:59pm On Jun 27, 2018
izzou:

angry

I agree that Ighalo killed us, but when the ball touches your hand in the box, it's a penalty.

Whether it hits your head or your opponent's head before it touches your hand, it's a penalty

Professional players like Drogba, Shearer are saying its a penalty, but you guys just won't agree

Why would a ref that gave a very light tackle as a penalty to us not give this one. When this happened i told everyone around it was not a penalty on seeing the replay but the ref will award it. On seeing him go for VAR, i said he won't after he watches it, and he didn't. I AM NIGERIAN, I WANTED A PENALTY, BUT IT WAS NOT ONE.

3 Likes

Re: I Don’t Know Why I Didn’t Award Penalty To Nigeria – Turkish Referee by nnachukz(m): 9:59pm On Jun 27, 2018
Ighalo had a clear cut chance to score, he wasted it and started complaining about handball. Mikel should just keep quiet.
How many clear cut chances did they waste?
The referee surely was even angry with our wastefulness hence the little change in his officiating at the tail end of the match.

2 Likes

Re: I Don’t Know Why I Didn’t Award Penalty To Nigeria – Turkish Referee by Unlimited22: 9:59pm On Jun 27, 2018
I guess the penalty not awarded also tied Ighalo's legs.
Make una leave matter for Matthias abeg

4 Likes

Re: I Don’t Know Why I Didn’t Award Penalty To Nigeria – Turkish Referee by RexTramadol1: 9:59pm On Jun 27, 2018
izzou:

angry

Drogba and Shearer be Cullina abi......if Dem dey field, ref go say because he's Drogba his opinion counts abi

Oya, Maradona and Batistuta said it's not a penalty...... Dey also played at a very high level.

3 Likes

Re: I Don’t Know Why I Didn’t Award Penalty To Nigeria – Turkish Referee by BabaO2: 10:00pm On Jun 27, 2018
Auladimeji2:
I like the Referee,We got underserved penalty
why undeserved? You are such an annoying contributor to the topic

1 Like

Re: I Don’t Know Why I Didn’t Award Penalty To Nigeria – Turkish Referee by oshe11: 10:00pm On Jun 27, 2018
“When the ball touches your hand in the penalty box, it’s a penalty. No two ways about that"

Mikel is a big FOOL for making the above statement.....

And the "I don't know" he got from the ref can be likened to a Kid asking an adult why he did something, thinking he knows more than the adult.......

2 Likes

Re: I Don’t Know Why I Didn’t Award Penalty To Nigeria – Turkish Referee by Oluwaseyi456(m): 10:00pm On Jun 27, 2018
He can as well recorded as 2-2
Re: I Don’t Know Why I Didn’t Award Penalty To Nigeria – Turkish Referee by blackgold90(m): 10:01pm On Jun 27, 2018
izzou:

angry

Re: I Don’t Know Why I Didn’t Award Penalty To Nigeria – Turkish Referee by Jimmy231: 10:01pm On Jun 27, 2018
Na Ogun go kill the referee
Re: I Don’t Know Why I Didn’t Award Penalty To Nigeria – Turkish Referee by stankezzy: 10:01pm On Jun 27, 2018
Messi was useing juju called lucky amlet to play against nigeria , this match should be cancelled because of the charm
Re: I Don’t Know Why I Didn’t Award Penalty To Nigeria – Turkish Referee by izzou(m): 10:02pm On Jun 27, 2018
tempest01:

Why would a ref that gave a very light tackle as a penalty to us not give this one. When this happened i told everyone around it was not a penalty on seeing the replay but the ref will award it. On seeing him go for VAR, i said he won't after he watches it, and he didn't. I AM NIGERIAN, I WANTED A PENALTY, BUT IT WAS NOT ONE.

Until you give me a concrete reason why that isn't a penalty, bros, you only followed your instincts

I hope you read Mikel's comment. All professional players that commented on twitter said it is supposed to be a penalty.

As someone said, referee's discretion matters. That, I agree

But telling me that is not supposed to be a penalty is false.

2 Likes

Re: I Don’t Know Why I Didn’t Award Penalty To Nigeria – Turkish Referee by blackgold90(m): 10:03pm On Jun 27, 2018
RexTramadol1:

Drogba and Shearer be Cullina abi......if Dem dey field, ref go say because he's Drogba his opinion counts abi

Oya, Maradona and Batistuta said it's not a penalty...... Dey also played at a very high level.
then tell Drogba to go and award it now.... What about the penalty you guys cheaply got.... If that is done to eagles will you not cry that is not penalty

1 Like

Re: I Don’t Know Why I Didn’t Award Penalty To Nigeria – Turkish Referee by Jaytecq(m): 10:03pm On Jun 27, 2018
izzou:

angry

like u said.. Professional PLAYERS they ar not referee.
Re: I Don’t Know Why I Didn’t Award Penalty To Nigeria – Turkish Referee by RexTramadol1: 10:04pm On Jun 27, 2018
blackgold90:
then tell Drogba to go and award it now.... What about the penalty you guys cheaply got.... If that is done to eagles will you not cry that is not penalty

You surely did not get my response bruh.

1 Like

Re: I Don’t Know Why I Didn’t Award Penalty To Nigeria – Turkish Referee by oshe11: 10:04pm On Jun 27, 2018
izzou:

angry

Which shearer?

The one that said the Portugal's own wasnt a penalty?
Re: I Don’t Know Why I Didn’t Award Penalty To Nigeria – Turkish Referee by dermmy(m): 10:04pm On Jun 27, 2018
emeijeh:
Are we still talking about this?

We are out of the world cup for good..... Can we now enjoy good football?

Dnt mind them i have been using Nigeria to beat Argentina in PES since mrng grin

1 Like

Re: I Don’t Know Why I Didn’t Award Penalty To Nigeria – Turkish Referee by RexTramadol1: 10:05pm On Jun 27, 2018
izzou:

Until you give me a concrete reason why that isn't a penalty, bros, you only followed your instincts

I hope you read Mikel's comment. All professional players that commented on twitter said it is supposed to be a penalty.

Any help?

Re: I Don’t Know Why I Didn’t Award Penalty To Nigeria – Turkish Referee by izzou(m): 10:05pm On Jun 27, 2018
RexTramadol1:

Like someone said, the referee's discretion is final. I agree

But no one has given any concrete reason why it isn't a penalty. When the ball touches your hand in the box, it's an offense punishable with a penalty.

The referee didn't give it? I'm fine with that. But please you guys should stop saying its not a penalty. It clearly is
Re: I Don’t Know Why I Didn’t Award Penalty To Nigeria – Turkish Referee by tempest01(m): 10:05pm On Jun 27, 2018
izzou:

It was not an intentional hand ball. The player went for the ball with his head and had contact. The ball came down to hit his hand in a natural jump position.
Re: I Don’t Know Why I Didn’t Award Penalty To Nigeria – Turkish Referee by Awoo88: 10:06pm On Jun 27, 2018
The same reason he awarded the first penalty. The first was not a penalty but he awarded it even when var show the Nigerian guy leaning on his opponent
Re: I Don’t Know Why I Didn’t Award Penalty To Nigeria – Turkish Referee by Jaytecq(m): 10:07pm On Jun 27, 2018
As much as we love to watch football let us also Educate ourselves our the rules and law of the Game.

Unintentionally handing of the ball is Not a penalty.
check FIFA's law

1 Like

Re: I Don’t Know Why I Didn’t Award Penalty To Nigeria – Turkish Referee by redangel2017: 10:07pm On Jun 27, 2018
Haha.. grin
Re: I Don’t Know Why I Didn’t Award Penalty To Nigeria – Turkish Referee by izzou(m): 10:08pm On Jun 27, 2018
RexTramadol1:

Any help?

I'm absolutely fine then

Thanks

I rest my case
Re: I Don’t Know Why I Didn’t Award Penalty To Nigeria – Turkish Referee by izzou(m): 10:09pm On Jun 27, 2018
tempest01:

It was not an intentional hand ball. The player went for the ball with his head and had contact. The ball came down to hit his hand in a natural jump position.

I've been cleared on that

Thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

David Beckham Signs Autograph On Girl’s Buttock, Incurs Wife’s Wrath / Morolake Akinosun's Tweets 5 Years Ago Come True (Photos) / Gianna Bryant & 3 Others Killed In Helicopter Crash With Kobe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.