Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,664 members, 7,816,704 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:43 PM

I Don’t Know Why I Didn’t Award Penalty To Nigeria – Turkish Referee - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / I Don’t Know Why I Didn’t Award Penalty To Nigeria – Turkish Referee (87010 Views)

Paul Pogba Admits He Made A "Stupid Mistake" After Conceding Penalty To Arsenal / Man United Score From A Record Penalty To Qualify For UEL Semi-Finals / Referee Orosco Sparks Chaos After Using Fake VAR To Award Penalty (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Don’t Know Why I Didn’t Award Penalty To Nigeria – Turkish Referee by Alezy(m): 10:09pm On Jun 27, 2018
tempest01:
It was not a penalty. It was unintentional.

Iheanacho and Ighalo are the problem. Selfishness and unclinical idiots
I agree with ighalo and iheanacho but is there anything like unintentional penalty? Smh
Re: I Don’t Know Why I Didn’t Award Penalty To Nigeria – Turkish Referee by Heffalump(m): 10:09pm On Jun 27, 2018
tempest01:

You nailed it. Iheanacho that used to be very good is now like a bag of cement -perhaps too much enjoyment and oyibo toto has taken away the talent.

Ighalo is the worst striker at the world cup. I wonder why Rhor prefers him to Iwobi. This also clearly shows that we don't have a good coach. When the boys were overlapping after 80' he should have instructed them to withdraw back and defend with their blood. So many errors in the line-up. Shuoo!!! sad
Re: I Don’t Know Why I Didn’t Award Penalty To Nigeria – Turkish Referee by Nobody: 10:09pm On Jun 27, 2018
It is not a penalty according to FIFA rule

Read here https://www.nairaland.com/4585981/marcus-rojos-handling-ball-not

Since France 1998, Nigerians has always been blaming their failure on referees.

1 Like

Re: I Don’t Know Why I Didn’t Award Penalty To Nigeria – Turkish Referee by Fogman(m): 10:10pm On Jun 27, 2018
We always look for excuse for our failure. Referee have nothing to do with our loss. Did we score and it was disqualified? Our players and coaches failed us. I have always said it that the best form of defense is attacking. We just didn't take our chances. Angentina was hungrier than us to qualify for next round and they got it.
Re: I Don’t Know Why I Didn’t Award Penalty To Nigeria – Turkish Referee by oooduancalmdown: 10:11pm On Jun 27, 2018
tempest01:

It was not an intentional hand ball. The player went for the ball with his head and had contact. The ball came down to hit his hand in a natural jump position.
....and landed on Ighalo's feet which he clearly missed.
Leave them to be blaming the referee. Losers!
Re: I Don’t Know Why I Didn’t Award Penalty To Nigeria – Turkish Referee by Nobody: 10:11pm On Jun 27, 2018
Referendum is the game between Nigeria the zoo and Biafra restoration; Biafra will beat Nigeria hands down, in the coming referendum.

World Cup without Biafra, is a rubbish.

Nigeria wanted to use Biafrans to take benefits from the World Cup committee. But God of Biafra shocked them.

There will be match between Nigeria vs Biafra at World Cup after referendum. It will be very interesting.

Nigeria president Buhari has infected the zoo team with blame games.

Re: I Don’t Know Why I Didn’t Award Penalty To Nigeria – Turkish Referee by Swanzi(m): 10:12pm On Jun 27, 2018
Nigerians and stupidity what's has happened has happened move and stop the stupidity
We can play this match a thousand time s
And a thousand times u will loose.
Just move on and stop ur over-hyped mumu team.
Re: I Don’t Know Why I Didn’t Award Penalty To Nigeria – Turkish Referee by mandate12: 10:12pm On Jun 27, 2018
izzou:

angry

Can you guys please stop this unintentional bullsheet?

I agree that Ighalo killed us, but when the ball touches your hand in the box, it's a penalty.

Whether it hits your head or your opponent's head before it touches your hand, it's a penalty

Professional players like Drogba, Shearer are saying its a penalty, but you guys just won't agree

When did Drogba and co become professional referees? Did u not see deliberations with the ref from officials within and outside the pitch via radio communication? So even after they unanimously agreed it was not a penalty, u still wanted the ref to listen to Drogba?

2 Likes

Re: I Don’t Know Why I Didn’t Award Penalty To Nigeria – Turkish Referee by Rejoice5000(f): 10:12pm On Jun 27, 2018
Na plenty wahala 4 9ja blind his eyes.
Re: I Don’t Know Why I Didn’t Award Penalty To Nigeria – Turkish Referee by oooduancalmdown: 10:12pm On Jun 27, 2018
Awoo88:
The same reason he awarded the first penalty. The first was not a penalty but he awarded it even when var show the Nigerian guy leaning on his opponent
You get sense jare. That first penalty should not have been given
Re: I Don’t Know Why I Didn’t Award Penalty To Nigeria – Turkish Referee by SirLakes: 10:14pm On Jun 27, 2018
Nigerians sha undecided
This penalty cry is enough abegi
We don't have top notch striker(s)

Messi got the ball in his right foot, didn't think twice and went straight for a goal.

The ball went from the Argentine head to hand and straight to awa ighalo.... He missed
Re: I Don’t Know Why I Didn’t Award Penalty To Nigeria – Turkish Referee by tunary(m): 10:14pm On Jun 27, 2018
So they really detest nigeria this much eh
God punish that referee idiot
Re: I Don’t Know Why I Didn’t Award Penalty To Nigeria – Turkish Referee by izzou(m): 10:14pm On Jun 27, 2018
mandate12:

When did Drogba and co become professional referees? Did u not see deliberations with the ref from officials within and outside the pitch via radio communication? So even after they unanimously agreed it was not a penalty, u still wanted the ref to listen to Drogba?

grin

No offense, but you really have a problem with comprehension. Where did I say the referee should listen to Drogba?

I was simply talking about their opinion and ours

The person I quoted clearly understood my message
Re: I Don’t Know Why I Didn’t Award Penalty To Nigeria – Turkish Referee by mandate12: 10:16pm On Jun 27, 2018
RexTramadol1:

Drogba and Shearer be Cullina abi......if Dem dey field, ref go say because he's Drogba his opinion counts abi

Oya, Maradona and Batistuta said it's not a penalty...... Dey also played at a very high level.

Hahaha.. Leave that dude jor
Re: I Don’t Know Why I Didn’t Award Penalty To Nigeria – Turkish Referee by Jaytecq(m): 10:18pm On Jun 27, 2018
mandate12:

my guy u get time o.
so because Drogba say na pk, dat means it shuld b awarded. shoro ni yen.. vex
Re: I Don’t Know Why I Didn’t Award Penalty To Nigeria – Turkish Referee by mandate12: 10:18pm On Jun 27, 2018
izzou:

grin

No offense, but you really have a problem with comprehension. Where did I say the referee should listen to Drogba?

I was simply talking about their opinion and ours

The person I quoted clearly understood my message

No offense bro, I think my style of writing is too complex for u.
Re: I Don’t Know Why I Didn’t Award Penalty To Nigeria – Turkish Referee by Puzzypleazer: 10:18pm On Jun 27, 2018
because match was fixed
Re: I Don’t Know Why I Didn’t Award Penalty To Nigeria – Turkish Referee by Danobb: 10:19pm On Jun 27, 2018
JonSnow:
Disband this stupid team. Assemble a team based off mostly local players and few foreign based players, at least the team would have cohesion.

The current team is filled with average bastards who wouldn't even start for their respective club sides.

And lastly, fire that German fraudster Rohr.

-----

South Korea that just defeated Germany, do they have two heads?
I want to believe u watched back of Tv, becos u r not making sense at all
Re: I Don’t Know Why I Didn’t Award Penalty To Nigeria – Turkish Referee by emeijeh(m): 10:20pm On Jun 27, 2018
dermmy:

Dnt mind them i have been using Nigeria to beat Argentina in PES since mrng grin

Re: I Don’t Know Why I Didn’t Award Penalty To Nigeria – Turkish Referee by Nobody: 10:22pm On Jun 27, 2018
Swanzi:
Nigerians and stupidity what's has happened has happened move and stop the stupidity
Re: I Don’t Know Why I Didn’t Award Penalty To Nigeria – Turkish Referee by Nobody: 10:23pm On Jun 27, 2018
Swanzi:

They will blame it on oppositions
Re: I Don’t Know Why I Didn’t Award Penalty To Nigeria – Turkish Referee by Nobody: 10:24pm On Jun 27, 2018
Points worthy of mention with regards to the topic here placed before us:

1. The penalty moses converted was way too soft to be one.

2. Leon Balogun ought to have been sent out going by the rules of the game. He feigned unintentionally bringing down Di Maria who was the last man through on goal. And denied him a goal scoring opportunity. That should have been a red.

3. The Hand ball incidence was a clear penalty. But the referee who probably knows he had favored the Nigerians with the first PK used his AKONUCHE and refused to award it.

4.T. Ebuehi should have come in for Bryan Idowu, Iwobi for K. Iheanacho and John Ogu for O. Etebo and all these analysis wouldn't have been needed.

5. Last last na Odion be the Yakubu and Keita of this WC. grin grin grin
Re: I Don’t Know Why I Didn’t Award Penalty To Nigeria – Turkish Referee by dyn1800: 10:25pm On Jun 27, 2018
Hey! That's too strong a word.

Blessinq1:
His children will tell us at his burial very soon
Re: I Don’t Know Why I Didn’t Award Penalty To Nigeria – Turkish Referee by Nobody: 10:26pm On Jun 27, 2018
Wonderboy91:
Jus go the guy Instagram page, you go sorry for am
biko whats d address of his instagram page
Re: I Don’t Know Why I Didn’t Award Penalty To Nigeria – Turkish Referee by Wonderboy91: 10:28pm On Jun 27, 2018
lefulefu:

https://www.instagram.com/cuneytcakirofficial
Re: I Don’t Know Why I Didn’t Award Penalty To Nigeria – Turkish Referee by mikron(m): 10:28pm On Jun 27, 2018
`` Egypt* played with *El Nenny of Arsenal* and lost;

*Nigeria* played with *Iwobi of Arsenal* and lost;

*Germany* played with *Ozil of Arsenal* and lost.

*Egypt* played with *El Nenny* again and lost;

*Nigeria* benched *Iwobi* and *won*;

*Germany* benched *Ozil* and *won
Again *Germany* played ozil against south Korea and *lost

Hmmm... what badluck club is Arsenal?* Arsenal Fans na joke o
Re: I Don’t Know Why I Didn’t Award Penalty To Nigeria – Turkish Referee by Nobody: 10:28pm On Jun 27, 2018
Me sef wan know I see when people dey curse am, some dey even use Yoruba swear for am cheesy
lefulefu:

Re: I Don’t Know Why I Didn’t Award Penalty To Nigeria – Turkish Referee by israelmao(m): 10:30pm On Jun 27, 2018
DEHVEHLOP:
The people claiming to know better than the professionals are mostly illiterate and arrogant for nothing IGBOS....

They condemn the team just because they wanted a fantasy biafra that will never happen....

And you know what? The bastards that ruin our chances are their brothers...

Nothing surprising about the tribe anymore...

Watch out! They will be the last to commit crimes tonight and the first to make the headlines tomorrow with a crime...

Shiorrrrrr.. Spit

waste of space.

1 Like

Re: I Don’t Know Why I Didn’t Award Penalty To Nigeria – Turkish Referee by Spain007(m): 10:31pm On Jun 27, 2018
tempest01:

So true...they wanted their own goals forgetting they r working as team.
Re: I Don’t Know Why I Didn’t Award Penalty To Nigeria – Turkish Referee by excel101(m): 10:31pm On Jun 27, 2018
Enough talk about this unawarded penalty, why is each time we lose a very important match as this, Nigerians will be crying that we were robbed. The Argentines were better and deservedly won the match. In this part of the world, i believe we watch EPL matches almost every wkend. My question Now is, is it all ball that touches the hand of a footballer in his box 18 a penalty? He even awarded us a penalty that wasn't clear. Nigerians for once lets face reality and stop deceiving our own selves.

2 Likes

Re: I Don’t Know Why I Didn’t Award Penalty To Nigeria – Turkish Referee by mikron(m): 10:31pm On Jun 27, 2018
�Five quick facts about the referee, Against Nigeria vs Argentina game
1. He is 41-year-old Turkish national Cuneyt Cakir.
2. He officiated Argentina’s semi-final clash against Netherlands at the 2014 World Cup which Argentina won 4-2 on penalties.
3. On 24 April 2012, he officiated the Champions League semifinal between FC Barcelona and Chelsea at Camp Nou, Barcelona. Çakır sent off John Terry in first half. Chelsea won 3-2 on aggregate, although the match ended in a 2-2 draw.
4. Çakır officiated the 2015 UEFA Champions League Final match between Juventus vs. Barcelona which the Catalans won.
5. In all Lionel Messi has never lost a game refereed by Cakir, and there have been eight of such games.
And you think with messi his idol on the field he ll favour you?
Re: I Don’t Know Why I Didn’t Award Penalty To Nigeria – Turkish Referee by Ikpongiton: 10:34pm On Jun 27, 2018
medicine after death.what if the idiot had pointed to the spot and the chickens blew it up.abeg lets shun it,after all this is their best outing since 1998.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

David Beckham Signs Autograph On Girl’s Buttock, Incurs Wife’s Wrath / Morolake Akinosun's Tweets 5 Years Ago Come True (Photos) / Gianna Bryant & 3 Others Killed In Helicopter Crash With Kobe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.