Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,666 members, 7,816,718 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:52 PM

I Don’t Know Why I Didn’t Award Penalty To Nigeria – Turkish Referee - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / I Don’t Know Why I Didn’t Award Penalty To Nigeria – Turkish Referee (87011 Views)

Paul Pogba Admits He Made A "Stupid Mistake" After Conceding Penalty To Arsenal / Man United Score From A Record Penalty To Qualify For UEL Semi-Finals / Referee Orosco Sparks Chaos After Using Fake VAR To Award Penalty (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Don’t Know Why I Didn’t Award Penalty To Nigeria – Turkish Referee by Obi1kenobi(m): 10:36pm On Jun 27, 2018
That incident was not a handball. The FIFA rules are clear that a handball must be adjudged "deliberate" to be penalized. Rojo headed the ball against his own hand. It was clearly unintentional. It's beyond me how anyone could think that was a handball.
The penalty Balogun won was a soft, lucky decision for Nigeria too. Far more blatant incidents of impeding players in the box during set-piece situations often go unpunished. Go look at Harry Kane against Tunisia (twice) or Mitrovic against Switzerland for clear fouls that were not given.

2 Likes

Re: I Don’t Know Why I Didn’t Award Penalty To Nigeria – Turkish Referee by ehinmowo: 10:38pm On Jun 27, 2018
tempest01:
It was not a penalty. It was unintentional.

Iheanacho and Ighalo are the problem. Selfishness and unclinical idiots

Dnt really knw wot FIFA rule ur point falls in bt it is sometimes difficult to define what is intentional and what's not.
Re: I Don’t Know Why I Didn’t Award Penalty To Nigeria – Turkish Referee by OKorowanta: 10:44pm On Jun 27, 2018
izzou:

angry

Can you guys please stop this unintentional bullsheet?

I agree that Ighalo killed us, but when the ball touches your hand in the box, it's a penalty.

Whether it hits your head or your opponent's head before it touches your hand, it's a penalty

Professional players like Drogba, Shearer are saying its a penalty, but you guys just won't agree

Na only get sense right now for nairaland. I'll still check if there is anybody that I can add to this sense list.

1 Like

Re: I Don’t Know Why I Didn’t Award Penalty To Nigeria – Turkish Referee by maasoap(m): 10:46pm On Jun 27, 2018
tempest01:

Very funny statement. Which FIFA rule says that only handballs that are intentional inside 18 are penalties? Penalty for handball inside 18 is not about whether it is intentional or unintentional, it is about obstructing the free flow of ball into your net or to your opponents by your entended hand. But if your hand is placed firmly to your body, no penalty because, it doesn't obstruct the ball, your body where hand is resting would have done the same thing.

1 Like

Re: I Don’t Know Why I Didn’t Award Penalty To Nigeria – Turkish Referee by Ikpongiton: 10:47pm On Jun 27, 2018
blackgold90:
then tell Drogba to go and award it now.... What about the penalty you guys cheaply got.... If that is done to eagles will you not cry that is not penalty
what if he award it and they fail to score
Re: I Don’t Know Why I Didn’t Award Penalty To Nigeria – Turkish Referee by blimeyVic(m): 10:49pm On Jun 27, 2018
Mr Mikel!!
Leave matter for Mathias. That stuff Shouldn't lead to a penalty. It was involuntary.

If you must cry over anything, cry out loudly at your team's failure to zip-up when Moses scored.

I'm sorry though, your last international outing with the national team ended abysmally at the group stage.

# Jay Jay Okocha for the coaching job.
Re: I Don’t Know Why I Didn’t Award Penalty To Nigeria – Turkish Referee by Sleezwizz: 10:51pm On Jun 27, 2018
Blessinq1:
His children will tell us at his burial very soon

Small head with empty brain... ode
Re: I Don’t Know Why I Didn’t Award Penalty To Nigeria – Turkish Referee by deniguy01(m): 10:51pm On Jun 27, 2018
tempest01:

go and sleep.. u don't know ball.. when has unintentional ball not been counted..he didn't hide his hand so it was a penalty

1 Like

Re: I Don’t Know Why I Didn’t Award Penalty To Nigeria – Turkish Referee by Sleezwizz: 10:52pm On Jun 27, 2018
Auladimeji2:
I like the Referee,We got underserved penalty

Are u ok at all? Did u watch our match against Croatia?
Re: I Don’t Know Why I Didn’t Award Penalty To Nigeria – Turkish Referee by deniguy01(m): 10:58pm On Jun 27, 2018
DEHVEHLOP:
The people claiming to know better than the professionals are mostly illiterate and arrogant for nothing IGBOS....

They condemn the team just because they wanted a fantasy biafra that will never happen....

And you know what? The bastards that ruin our chances are their brothers...

Nothing surprising about the tribe anymore...

Watch out! They will be the last to commit crimes tonight and the first to make the headlines tomorrow with a crime...

Shiorrrrrr.. Spit

why would your mom go to the labor room to born sth like you

1 Like

Re: I Don’t Know Why I Didn’t Award Penalty To Nigeria – Turkish Referee by Olatundextd(m): 10:58pm On Jun 27, 2018
You don't know why,, grin cheesy cheesy grin please don't tell them. If am the one I will give Nigeria 2 red card for me stopping time.. Because I know why that money big grin grin

1 Like

Re: I Don’t Know Why I Didn’t Award Penalty To Nigeria – Turkish Referee by deniguy01(m): 11:01pm On Jun 27, 2018
RexTramadol1:

Drogba and Shearer be Cullina abi......if Dem dey field, ref go say because he's Drogba his opinion counts abi

Oya, Maradona and Batistuta said it's not a penalty...... Dey also played at a very high level.

those are Argentina stars..go and sleep
Re: I Don’t Know Why I Didn’t Award Penalty To Nigeria – Turkish Referee by Daulah(m): 11:01pm On Jun 27, 2018
Auladimeji2:
I like the Referee,We got underserved penalty
thank god na "underserved" penalty.
oloshi
Re: I Don’t Know Why I Didn’t Award Penalty To Nigeria – Turkish Referee by bewla(m): 11:08pm On Jun 27, 2018
tempest01:

don't let the Mrs hear u that one na tiger
Re: I Don’t Know Why I Didn’t Award Penalty To Nigeria – Turkish Referee by afroxyz: 11:10pm On Jun 27, 2018
JonSnow:
Disband this stupid team. Assemble a team based off mostly local players and few foreign based players, at least the team would have cohesion.

The current team is filled with average bastards who wouldn't even start for their respective club sides.

And lastly, fire that German fraudster Rohr.

When senators and governors keep recommending people to the team, you can't blame Rohr

-----

South Korea that just defeated Germany, do they have two heads?
Re: I Don’t Know Why I Didn’t Award Penalty To Nigeria – Turkish Referee by demobaba1(m): 11:10pm On Jun 27, 2018
tempest01:

Gbam youu hit it .
Re: I Don’t Know Why I Didn’t Award Penalty To Nigeria – Turkish Referee by afroxyz: 11:11pm On Jun 27, 2018
Why are you blaming the ref. Blame ighalo for missing the chance
Re: I Don’t Know Why I Didn’t Award Penalty To Nigeria – Turkish Referee by Kennydoc(m): 11:17pm On Jun 27, 2018
JonSnow:
Disband this stupid team. Assemble a team based off mostly local players and few foreign based players, at least the team would have cohesion.

The current team is filled with average bastards who wouldn't even start for their respective club sides.

-----

And did South Korea qualify?
Didn't Super Eagles beat Iceland?
Re: I Don’t Know Why I Didn’t Award Penalty To Nigeria – Turkish Referee by demobaba1(m): 11:17pm On Jun 27, 2018
I hear u Uncle John.
Re: I Don’t Know Why I Didn’t Award Penalty To Nigeria – Turkish Referee by Burgerlomo: 11:32pm On Jun 27, 2018
Abi referee yi wo were ni cool
Re: I Don’t Know Why I Didn’t Award Penalty To Nigeria – Turkish Referee by positivethought: 11:33pm On Jun 27, 2018
tempest01:

iheanacho ighalo may have Bleep up but that was a penalty, you can only talk of intent if the ball was last played by your opponent n your hand is not extended away from your body at the time of impact but certainly not you playing the ball against your own extended hand when not been pushed!,it was undoubtedly a penalty n a clear case of bias n outright cheating.
Re: I Don’t Know Why I Didn’t Award Penalty To Nigeria – Turkish Referee by escodotman: 11:36pm On Jun 27, 2018
tempest01:

Why would a ref that gave a very light tackle as a penalty to us not give this one. When this happened i told everyone around it was not a penalty on seeing the replay but the ref will award it. On seeing him go for VAR, i said he won't after he watches it, and he didn't. I AM NIGERIAN, I WANTED A PENALTY, BUT IT WAS NOT ONE.
Whether you are Nigerian or not, your analysis is very wrong. You clearly need to consult or seek the opinion of those who understand what FIFA rules state about penalty incidents in the box. The penalty awarded to the super eagles was a correct one; HOLDING/PULLING OF SHIRT, WRAPING OF ARMS AROUND (as the case of Balogun) an opponent in the 18yard box is a penalty! A handball in the 18yard box, whether deliberate or not is also a penalty. If you've been watching football you would have noticed defenders always fold their arms at their back when trying to defend a cross so as to avoid the ball hitting their hands unintentionally which would lead to penalties. They are the rules and these are facts. For the other referees watching VAR to have called the attention of the centre referee to the incident, obviously they thought it should be a penalty and maybe the center referee missed it and therefore he should review it again. Go and watch the match between Portugal and Iran when an Iran player headed the ball to the hand of Cedric, the penalty was given straight away, the same incident with Nigeria's match. Clearly the referee didn't want to award 2 penalties to the same team in a match!

1 Like

Re: I Don’t Know Why I Didn’t Award Penalty To Nigeria – Turkish Referee by Nobody: 11:37pm On Jun 27, 2018
[quote author=FlirtyKaren post=68871465]According to Super Eagles captain, John Mikel Obi, when he asked the Turkish referee Cuneyt Cakin why he did not award the penalty for the handball of Argentine defender, Marcus Rojo, the referee replied saying he didn't know.

Mikel said the referee admitted that the ball touched the hand of Marcos Rojo in the 82nd minute of Tuesday’s game but he put up a defense in not awarding the crucial spot-kick.

The penalty, if awarded and scored at a time the match was 1-1, could have wrapped up a second round ticket for the Eagles.

Speaking at the post-match briefing in St Petersburg, Mikel said:

“I asked the referee if he thought the ball struck Rojo’s hand and he said ‘yes;. The referee told me that the ball came off Rojo’s head before it hit his hand.”

Mikel added:

”I then asked Cakur why he didn’t award the penalty to Nigeria, he said: ‘I don’t know.’ That was sad because we checked the match video in the dressing room and it was a clear penalty kick.

“When the ball touches your hand in the penalty box, it’s a penalty. No two ways about that. Maybe he didn’t want to give us the second penalty. It is sad we had to exit the competition this way.

Speaking about his future with the national team, Mikel said he would be most delighted to lead the boys going further into the future.

I’m happy playing with this bunch of players. I expect them to grow into a great side and I think this team would make a good impression in the next four years. They are good boys with bright future,” he said.

“Of course, we did everything we could; we pushed and pushed to get the goal but it was not to be.

“We want to thank all Nigerians for their support; we have to keep going.”

https://lailasnews.com/i-dont-know-why-i-didnt-award-penalty-to-nigeria-turkish-referee/

[quote mikel and the whole team should go and sit down looking for penalty when Argentina is busy scoring good goal's, Argentina played us hand down, they were a better side, super eagle are inexperienced, God forbid me watching this team again.
Re: I Don’t Know Why I Didn’t Award Penalty To Nigeria – Turkish Referee by Nobody: 11:43pm On Jun 27, 2018
DonPiiko:
Me sef wan know I see when people dey curse am, some dey even use Yoruba swear for am cheesy
grin grin grin we dey on d same page grin grin
Re: I Don’t Know Why I Didn’t Award Penalty To Nigeria – Turkish Referee by bukatyne(f): 11:47pm On Jun 27, 2018
JonSnow:

-----

So we should pick a South Korean coach?

Just kidding .
Re: I Don’t Know Why I Didn’t Award Penalty To Nigeria – Turkish Referee by Nobody: 11:49pm On Jun 27, 2018
I don check the page o Naija people no get joy o.
lefulefu:

grin grin grin we dey on d same page grin grin
Re: I Don’t Know Why I Didn’t Award Penalty To Nigeria – Turkish Referee by Nobody: 11:50pm On Jun 27, 2018
Blessinq1:
His children will tell us at his burial very soon

Aah ah why na grin

Its painful though grin
Re: I Don’t Know Why I Didn’t Award Penalty To Nigeria – Turkish Referee by talk2rotman(m): 11:52pm On Jun 27, 2018
see this

Re: I Don’t Know Why I Didn’t Award Penalty To Nigeria – Turkish Referee by Nobody: 11:58pm On Jun 27, 2018
Sleezwizz:

Small head with empty brain... ode

What you guys derive in abusing ppl is what I don't know.

Are you related to the referee or you just want us to know you are mentally unstable.

Sick slowpoke
Re: I Don’t Know Why I Didn’t Award Penalty To Nigeria – Turkish Referee by Nobody: 12:00am On Jun 28, 2018
DonPiiko:
I don check the page o Naija people no get joy o.
dem dey swear 4 am grin grin grin
Re: I Don’t Know Why I Didn’t Award Penalty To Nigeria – Turkish Referee by Nobody: 12:07am On Jun 28, 2018
blimeyVic:
Mr Mikel!!
Leave matter for Mathias. That stuff Shouldn't lead to a penalty. It was involuntary.

If you must cry over anything, cry out loudly at your team's failure to zip-up when Moses scored.

I'm sorry though, your last international outing with the national team ended abysmally at the group stage.

# Jay Jay Okocha for the coaching job.

If you are in your right senses you would be ashamed of you comment but unfortunately you are sick.

Get well soon!

That guy Mikel has done for his country what your useless family full of mentally derailed ppl has done from the inception of your Last Name.

You don't expect Lunatics to appreciate a service done to them. So one can't blame you.

Don't skip your drugs again because the result is affecting Normal ppl like us.

Get well soon.

Get this into your infected skull. wether intentional or unintentional a handball in the manner of Rojos is a penalty

Foolish ingrate.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

David Beckham Signs Autograph On Girl’s Buttock, Incurs Wife’s Wrath / Morolake Akinosun's Tweets 5 Years Ago Come True (Photos) / Gianna Bryant & 3 Others Killed In Helicopter Crash With Kobe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.