Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,477 members, 7,816,123 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:52 AM

I Don’t Know Why I Didn’t Award Penalty To Nigeria – Turkish Referee - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / I Don’t Know Why I Didn’t Award Penalty To Nigeria – Turkish Referee (87008 Views)

Paul Pogba Admits He Made A "Stupid Mistake" After Conceding Penalty To Arsenal / Man United Score From A Record Penalty To Qualify For UEL Semi-Finals / Referee Orosco Sparks Chaos After Using Fake VAR To Award Penalty (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Don’t Know Why I Didn’t Award Penalty To Nigeria – Turkish Referee by maasoap(m): 11:31am On Jun 28, 2018
Dee60:
If that was a Nigerian and the referee had called for a penalty it is the same way we will be saying - Oh, that was not a penalty!

We think too highly of ourselves, that is the problem.

These players need to grow up. Ball to hand is most times NOT a penalty, unless it is proven to be deliberate! In this case it was not.

And I think I saw a situation where Argentina won a penalty and it was not awarded. The Referee did not even heed to the call for VAR. So, why are the Argentines not calling the Referee a cheat?

I am so surprised to hear people say that anytime the ball touches the hand in the box it is a penalty - Common, even a secondary school player knows that is not true.

How do you determine which one is deliberate and which is not with cheating players on the field? That was a foul either for us or against us.
Re: I Don’t Know Why I Didn’t Award Penalty To Nigeria – Turkish Referee by mechanics(m): 12:17pm On Jun 28, 2018
The referee was partial.
Re: I Don’t Know Why I Didn’t Award Penalty To Nigeria – Turkish Referee by Psoul(m): 12:17pm On Jun 28, 2018
tempest01:
It was not a penalty. It was unintentional.

Iheanacho and Ighalo are the problem. Selfishness and unclinical idiots

Do u know football at all? A foul is a foul weda intentional or not.

So if a player unintentionally kicked an opponent and caused him lose possession of a ball he would have scored, the referee will allow the play to continue believing it is not an intentional act?
Re: I Don’t Know Why I Didn’t Award Penalty To Nigeria – Turkish Referee by xtervaganza(m): 12:27pm On Jun 28, 2018
Our 1st penalty was soft.

The 2nd call wasnt even a penalty so this losers need to shut up
Re: I Don’t Know Why I Didn’t Award Penalty To Nigeria – Turkish Referee by Obi1kenobi(m): 12:59pm On Jun 28, 2018
maasoap:

That's possible but not all the time or necessary. But when you jump, just make sure that your extended hand doesn't cheat by not blocking the ball from going to the opponents or inside your net. Simple. You jump because you want to knock the ball with your head and not with your hand.
But when you're not jumping, your hand is allowed to touch the ball provided that your hand is firmly pressing against your body.
Even the referee has claimed that he didn't know why he decided not to award penalty. That settled the matter. Argentina still in the game means more tickets.

Perhaps, you never played football before, but when you jump, you use your hands to gain leverage. It's a perfectly natural motion. No human being jumps for an aerial ball with his hands stuck to his side, except you're performing the famous Maasai jumping dance. grin The only way Rojo could have prevented that ball hitting his arm is getting better contact on his header rather than mis-heading it onto his hands.

The referee has claimed no such thing that we've heard. That Mikel claimed that's what the ref told him doesn't make it true. Mikel may have misrepresented the ref's conversation, outright lied against the ref, or didn't understand what the ref (who is Turkish) said.

1 Like

Re: I Don’t Know Why I Didn’t Award Penalty To Nigeria – Turkish Referee by Obi1kenobi(m): 1:01pm On Jun 28, 2018
The baffling thing is Ighalo STILL had the clear chance to put the ball in the net, missed it, then shamelessly started chasing the ref around to award a penalty. So we should be given 2 opportunities to put the ball in the net? A case of eating your cake and still wanting to have it.

1 Like

Re: I Don’t Know Why I Didn’t Award Penalty To Nigeria – Turkish Referee by escodotman: 1:43pm On Jun 28, 2018
tempest01:

Guy, I don't need to watch the other event. that one refree made a wrong call, that doesn't make it right, and applicable to all scenarios. From my understanding of Fifas rule on ball handling in the area, that wasn't a penalty. The referee felt same. If his hand was above his head, would have joined in crying foul. Since you say the referee was not fair, answer this truthfully. The first penalty he gave us for the equalizer, where you expecting one?
The first penalty he gave us? Did you read my first comment at all? I said the rule states that wrapping your arm(s) around the body of an opponent in your 18yard box Or pulling of jersey of an opponent is equal to a penalty!! Yes I expected it 'cause that's what the rule states!! Are we in a wrestling contest that you should wrap your arms around an opponent? Why did you think it was not a penalty or what FIFA rule states it shouldn't have been a penalty?? See, it's better you ask someone close to you who has a good knowledge of football, there's no crime in it if you didn't know before.
Re: I Don’t Know Why I Didn’t Award Penalty To Nigeria – Turkish Referee by tempest01(m): 2:06pm On Jun 28, 2018
escodotman:
The first penalty he gave us? Did you read my first comment at all? I said the rule states that wrapping your arm(s) around the body of an opponent in your 18yard box Or pulling of jersey of an opponent is equal to a penalty!! Yes I expected it 'cause that's what the rule states!! Are we in a wrestling contest that you should wrap your arms around an opponent? Why did you think it was not a penalty or what FIFA rule states it shouldn't have been a penalty?? See, it's better you ask someone close to you who has a good knowledge of football, there's no crime in it if you didn't know before.

When did u start watching football sef that u are insinuating i don't have good knowledge of football?

I am done arguing with you oh...can't go back n forth. The penalty was not given, it was not given.
Re: I Don’t Know Why I Didn’t Award Penalty To Nigeria – Turkish Referee by escodotman: 8:47pm On Jun 28, 2018
tempest01:

When did u start watching football sef that u are insinuating i don't have good knowledge of football?

I am done arguing with you oh...can't go back n forth. The penalty was not given, it was not given.
Yeah it wasn't given but people are trying let you know the referee was wrong, including Mikel Obi who has been a professional player for over a decade.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Don’t Know Why I Didn’t Award Penalty To Nigeria – Turkish Referee by Basheerbonni(m): 9:09pm On Jun 28, 2018
cuneyt cakin na Holy Ghost thunder go fire ur life circle 4 saying u regret awarding spot kick 2 9ja u die of hunger amin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

David Beckham Signs Autograph On Girl’s Buttock, Incurs Wife’s Wrath / Morolake Akinosun's Tweets 5 Years Ago Come True (Photos) / Gianna Bryant & 3 Others Killed In Helicopter Crash With Kobe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.