Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,302 members, 7,819,022 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:10 AM

Beware Of Jumia And Their Fraudulent Ways - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Beware Of Jumia And Their Fraudulent Ways (9288 Views)

Beware Of Jumia (so Disappointed) - I Received A Fake Item / Airtel With Their Fraudulent Ways / Cancellation Of Jumia Order Made On Payment On Delivery And Pick Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Beware Of Jumia And Their Fraudulent Ways by Darkseid(m): 1:24pm On Jun 27, 2018
Over the years I have read about people complaining about Jumia and their poor services but I've never paid any good attention to it because almost every phone in my household was bought from Jumia, I guess it's my turn now.

Few weeks ago I sent my younger brother about #36,000 to buy a Lenovo K6 for my dad. About two days after placing the order, the phone arrived and it was paid for on delivery. The phone wasn't used till after about three days and my dad discovered that the microphone wasn't working, we tried every setting and configuration but it still didn't work so I told my bro to initiate a return.

Two days later the phone was picked up by a Jumia agent and a customer care agent called to assure us that a refund would be made before ten working days. I never bothered about it till when my brother told me he got a call from Jumia on the tenth day saying that the included cable was dirty and fake. I then told him to contact the guy who collected the phone and the guy confirmed that everything was intact.

It's been almost three weeks now and Jumia has refused to refund my money. Anytime I call, they tell me to get the original cable for them. One thing I've always wondered is how the cable of a phone that wasn't used for more than a day would get so dirty or why any reasonable person will risk about 36k just because of ordinary USB cable.

What I feel is that either one of their staff switched the cable because the box was returned already opened or they don't want to refund the money. I also asked that they send a picture of the included USB cable so I can verify but they refused.

Please I need anybody that can give me an idea of what to do now, I no fit allow that kind money to waste and for those paying on delivery, you are still not 100% safe.

2 Likes

Re: Beware Of Jumia And Their Fraudulent Ways by Nobody: 2:20pm On Jun 27, 2018
I was about to order a Samsung TV on Jumia when I noticed that the photo on it was LG. That alone is a sign of trouble waiting to happen.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Beware Of Jumia And Their Fraudulent Ways by Kaybaba5(m): 3:05pm On Jun 27, 2018
Since years have been patronising jumia, no glitch at all have bought items and have returned items they have never refused me of payment. To the extent that i returned an item without charging cable, they still paid my money. To me i dont have problems with them

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Beware Of Jumia And Their Fraudulent Ways by Nobody: 3:45pm On Jun 27, 2018
Was the phone seal tampered when it was delivered to you?I bought a Lenovo phone in 2016 at a shop in computer village and the USB stopped charging my phone after few month of usage.I later found out the cable was fake.There was no Lenovo trademarks in any part of the cable's body.But there was in the earpiece.The sales agents are responsible for those fraudulent activities.

6 Likes

Re: Beware Of Jumia And Their Fraudulent Ways by Darkseid(m): 6:58pm On Jun 27, 2018
Kaybaba5:
Since years have been patronising jumia, no glitch at all have bought items and have returned items they have never refused me of payment. To the extent that i returned an item without charging cable, they still paid my money. To me i dont have problems with them
Just imagine, I just don't know why they are treating me this way. Anyways I've learnt my lesson and it's the last time I'll buy anything from there.
Re: Beware Of Jumia And Their Fraudulent Ways by Darkseid(m): 7:00pm On Jun 27, 2018
comshots:
Was the phone seal tampered when it was delivered to you?I bought a Lenovo phone in 2016 at a shop in computer village and the USB stopped charging my phone after few month of usage.I later found out the cable was fake.There was no Lenovo trademarks in any part of the cable's body.But there was in the earpiece.The sales agents are responsible for those fraudulent activities.
I wasn't the one who received or opened the package, so I can't really tell.
Re: Beware Of Jumia And Their Fraudulent Ways by Queenext: 7:37pm On Jun 27, 2018
I bought a smart watch, it had issues, which I returned, and I was fully refunded to the last kobo.

3 Likes

Re: Beware Of Jumia And Their Fraudulent Ways by FromZeroToHero(m): 8:27pm On Jun 27, 2018
Darkseid:
Over the years I have read about people complaining about Jumia and their poor services but I've never paid any good attention to it because almost every phone in my household was bought from Jumia, I guess it's my turn now.

Few weeks ago I sent my younger brother about #36,000 to buy a Lenovo K6 for my dad. About two days after placing the order, the phone arrived and it was paid for on delivery. The phone wasn't used till after about three days and my dad discovered that the microphone wasn't working, we tried every setting and configuration but it still didn't work so I told my bro to initiate a return.

Two days later the phone was picked up by a Jumia agent and a customer care agent called to assure us that a refund would be made before ten working days. I never bothered about it till when my brother told me he got a call from Jumia on the tenth day saying that the included cable was dirty and fake. I then told him to contact the guy who collected the phone and the guy confirmed that everything was intact.

It's been almost three weeks now and Jumia has refused to refund my money. Anytime I call, they tell me to get the original cable for them. One thing I've always wondered is how the cable of a phone that wasn't used for more than a day would get so dirty or why any reasonable person will risk about 36k just because of ordinary USB cable.

What I feel is that either one of their staff switched the cable because the box was returned already opened or they don't want to refund the money. I also asked that they send a picture of the included USB cable so I can verify but they refused.

Please I need anybody that can give me an idea of what to do now, I no fit allow that kind money to waste and for those paying on delivery, you are still not 100% safe.
Beware of Jumia agents on Nairaland. They are the ones that will always testify that they have not had any problem with Jumia. I will be the last person to buy anything from them. 80% of their products are refurbished.

17 Likes

Re: Beware Of Jumia And Their Fraudulent Ways by 9ja4show: 4:00am On Jun 28, 2018
Konga is still the best, I had same issues, they even refused to come get the item, I just decided to get a new one! , Their delivery men is the worse , they can decide to keep your item without calling & claim you didn't pick up calls ,The only problem with konga is their return policy, you have to drop it off at their office .

1 Like

Re: Beware Of Jumia And Their Fraudulent Ways by Emmoa(m): 12:23pm On Jun 28, 2018
Kaybaba5:
yes!! Maybe he is unlucky. I bought a phone and returned if, having scratched d screen, fell d phone severally and it looked rough. They still refunded me sef.
Re: Beware Of Jumia And Their Fraudulent Ways by Ejiphill09(m): 12:55pm On Jun 28, 2018
For those defending Jumia here it's wrong to do so that you don't have problems with them that doesn't mean many don't have issues with them. I have read about similar case with the one Op put up. Many have called Jumia out severally.

I advice you go to every of their social media to call them out. With the voice of other people added they will refund you your money.

13 Likes

Re: Beware Of Jumia And Their Fraudulent Ways by Kaybaba5(m): 3:36pm On Jun 28, 2018
FromZeroToHero:
Beware of Jumia agents on Nairaland. They are the ones that will always testify that they have not had any problem with Jumia. I will be the last person to buy anything from them. 80% of their products are refurbished.

Check my profile and posts bro i have never been jumia agent...am just saying my own side of the story...though
Re: Beware Of Jumia And Their Fraudulent Ways by Darkseid(m): 8:40pm On Jun 28, 2018
Emmoa:
yes!! Maybe he is unlucky. I bought a phone and returned if, having scratched d screen, fell d phone severally and it looked rough. They still refunded me sef.
Lucky you. My bro even said that the day he called their customer care line, that he could hear people laughing. I just hope that the laughter wasn't about my case. Please Jumia agents in the house, tell your company to return my money, the order number is 316434166
Re: Beware Of Jumia And Their Fraudulent Ways by Josh1920: 1:42pm On Jul 21, 2018
FromZeroToHero:

True talk
Re: Beware Of Jumia And Their Fraudulent Ways by Josh1920: 1:43pm On Jul 21, 2018
Emmoa:

Like lie

7 Likes

Re: Beware Of Jumia And Their Fraudulent Ways by NIKVES00: 5:03pm On Jul 21, 2018
Leagoo product is a scam just order for leagoo S8 from jumia, the phone did not power on i plug the charger it was just blinking red light so i request for for return.. imagine i was angry, jumia don care if the product is kk there just sell
Darkseid:

Re: Beware Of Jumia And Their Fraudulent Ways by Darkseid(m): 6:43pm On Jul 23, 2018
Update

After wasting my airtime on calls and sending countless mails to them asking that they send pictures of the item, they finally did today. I know I've bought a lot of items from Jumia without any complaints but this is just fraud and wickedness. Just imagine what they said I sent to them, for a phone that wasn't even used for up to two days before return. Seun, Lalasticlala, help me out oo, these people wan kill me.

Re: Beware Of Jumia And Their Fraudulent Ways by Nobody: 8:32pm On Jul 23, 2018
I had a similar /terrible experience with them a couple of months back, I deeply regreted patronising those fraudsters!... #NEVER AGAIN!

1 Like

Re: Beware Of Jumia And Their Fraudulent Ways by Nobody: 9:37pm On Jul 23, 2018
Seenyo:
I had a similar /terrible experience with them a couple of months back, I deeply regreted patronising those fraudsters!... #NEVER AGAIN!
Share your experience so others can learn from it.

1 Like

Re: Beware Of Jumia And Their Fraudulent Ways by Darkseid(m): 9:49pm On Jul 23, 2018
Seenyo:
what did you buy from them
Re: Beware Of Jumia And Their Fraudulent Ways by Nobody: 10:24pm On Jul 23, 2018
dumo1:

Share your experience so others can learn from it.
I purchased a defective master cheff grinder from them, it's been mal-functional from day one, I complained, they came for it only to end up returning the same faulty stuff a RECORD OF 4 TIMES in a span of over 2 months!

i was so pissed off and demanded for ANOTHER ONE OR A REFUND!

instead, they still returned same faulty /repackaged grinder, I insisted the delivery man waited while I quickly confirm the state of what he brought, he DECLINED and I subsequently got so enraged and threw the stuff at him while shouting at the top of my voice for a refund cos I was fed Up with their fraudulent games/time buying antics!...dude drove off unperturbed and un-apologetic!

4 Likes

Re: Beware Of Jumia And Their Fraudulent Ways by Nobody: 10:54pm On Jul 23, 2018
Seenyo:

I purchased a defective master cheff grinder from them, it's been mal-functional from day one, I complained, they came for it only to end up returning the same faulty stuff a RECORD OF 4 TIMES in a span of over 2 months!

i was so pissed off and demanded for ANOTHER ONE OR A REFUND!

instead, they still returned same repackaged faulty /grinder, I insisted the delivery man waited while I quickly confirm the state of what he brought, he declined and I subsequently got so enraged and threw the stuff at him while shouting at the top of my voice for a refund cos I was fed Up with their fraudulent games/time buying antics!...dude drove off unperturbed and un-apologetic!

Sorry about that really bad experience, were you able to finally get your refund?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Beware Of Jumia And Their Fraudulent Ways by Nobody: 10:59pm On Jul 23, 2018
dumo1:

Sorry about that really bad experience, were you able to finally get your refund?
NO!... not yet.
Re: Beware Of Jumia And Their Fraudulent Ways by Ematexq: 8:25am On Jul 24, 2018
Hmm...... Jumia na dead, they are the real scammers..... I wanted to order lenovo z5 and beat by dre wireless speaker, thank God I found this on time, please guys where can I get the lenovo z5 without online ordering, I don't mind traveling getting it, I'm in delta state

2 Likes

Re: Beware Of Jumia And Their Fraudulent Ways by crispus09(m): 9:43am On Jul 24, 2018
jumia can be annoying sometimes, in 2015 i bought imose tablet from them it was pay on delivery, the spec I saw about the phone on their web was 1GB of ram and 8GB rom which will serve me the purpose I want it for coz I was using infinix zero then which is my main phone I just wanna use the imose as second phone and as a tab,after receiving the package I got home trying to transfer something's on it and after the tab recieved like 800mb of files it started telling me insufficient space,WTF, then I downloaded one app from Google play(I forgot the name) to check the actual memory on it I was shock to discoverd that the tab only have 1GB rom and 512 ram,i was so mad and wanted to return it but unfortunately the screen got broke after 3rd day I received the phone after falling on the chair in my room,that's how I just gift my brother's wife.
Re: Beware Of Jumia And Their Fraudulent Ways by crafteck(m): 10:02am On Jul 24, 2018
Ejiphill09:
For those defending Jumia here it's wrong to do so that you don't have problems with them that doesn't mean many don't have issues with them. I have read about similar case with the one Op put up. Many have called Jumia out severally.

I advice you go to every of their social media to call them out. With the voice of other people added they will refund you your money.

I have about 18 led tv from them, 15 to 20 ps4, a tablet which I returned and was refunded, 3 fake ps4 pads that were returned and refunded, bros the people that received the package should be suspected, dont assume am an agent, i doubt if their salary can March my daily income

Re: Beware Of Jumia And Their Fraudulent Ways by samzy(m): 10:03am On Jul 24, 2018
Bought solar power bank from them later realized there was nothing solar about it even the phone I was using the battery last longer than it...

My friends bought laptop from them only to discover it was refurbished...

Then the joke of all is the discount price it's a fake
Junia would increase the product price then cut it down to the normal price and say its a discount ����

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Beware Of Jumia And Their Fraudulent Ways by crafteck(m): 10:03am On Jul 24, 2018
Re: Beware Of Jumia And Their Fraudulent Ways by itoski(m): 10:06am On Jul 24, 2018
I can relate because I bought a Nokia 3310 from them last year and it has been having network issue.

1 Like

Re: Beware Of Jumia And Their Fraudulent Ways by Ejiphill09(m): 1:43pm On Jul 24, 2018
crafteck:

I have about 18 led tv from them, 15 to 20 ps4, a tablet which I returned and was refunded, 3 fake ps4 pads that were returned and refunded, bros the people that received the package should be suspected, dont assume am an agent, i doubt if their salary can March my daily income

I don't know you can be this dumb. Don't quote me again if you lack simple understanding. Go and read again what I wrote.

Letme put you through on this I have never had encounter with Sars or treated unfairly by police or Army does this now portray they are also nice to other people?

Haven't you heard and watched how they brutalise thier victims, so going by your dump point I should blame all thier victims. Or when I see hashtag of #ENDSARS I should come defend them because they have been nice to me?

When you have nothing good to say Silence is golden.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Beware Of Jumia And Their Fraudulent Ways by crafteck(m): 2:07pm On Jul 24, 2018
Ejiphill09:

I don't know you can be this dumb. Don't quote me again if you lack simple understanding. Go and read again what I wrote.

Letme put you through on this I have never had encounter with Sars or treated unfairly by police or Army does this now portray they are also nice to other people?

Haven't you heard and watched how they brutalise thier victims, so going by your dump point I should blame all thier victims. Or when I see hashtag of #ENDSARS I should come defend them because they have been nice to me?

When you have nothing good to say Silence is golden.

Aunty, calm down, no need of saying I'm dump(in your own words), I simply stated my experience with them over the years, and asked to owner to question the integrity of people in between, there's usually more to a one sided story.

STAY BLESSED

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Do I Get To Maza Maza From Oshodi...going To Young Shall Grow Park / My Top 10 Smartphones For 2010: For Now. / "Error"when Downloading From Fztvseries Using Ucweb

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.