Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,545 members, 7,823,390 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:37 AM

Beware Of Jumia And Their Fraudulent Ways - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Beware Of Jumia And Their Fraudulent Ways (9298 Views)

Beware Of Jumia (so Disappointed) - I Received A Fake Item / Airtel With Their Fraudulent Ways / Cancellation Of Jumia Order Made On Payment On Delivery And Pick Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Beware Of Jumia And Their Fraudulent Ways by bamac(m): 10:28pm On Jul 24, 2018
FromZeroToHero:
Beware of Jumia agents on Nairaland. They are the ones that will always testify that they have not had any problem with Jumia. I will be the last person to buy anything from them. 80% of their products are refurbished.
Maybe you have a point though. But trust me the problem will surely arise but chances are low. I have had problems with orders for customers, however, i got them resolved because it is my job.

Ask the OP, he never made the order through me but i know how much i spent to get the item redelivered for him to check the cable for quick solution.

The issue is so confusing because the item has passed through more than two hands and anything might have happened from anyone.

The picture of the capable really shows the cable isn't new but where the mixup came from is beyond my understanding.

I cannot say because i represent Jumia i will now tell you i have never had issues, but i try all i can to avoid it because it is my job.

In the past 2 years i have had less than 10 issues on over average of 3million revenue i make for Jumia on both B2C and B2B orders, in fact, no problem on B2B orders because most of it are contracts for companies, institutions, etc, so i do all my checks, analysis and all to ensure that my clients get the best out of Jumia. Those issues i had were almost all resolved except for abroad phone issues which many knows that after Jumia's 7 day return policy the customer is on his/her own but they will still come to you after 7 days to tell you to resolve the issue that they know for sure there is no remedy.

Not saying issue will not occur, but it will be as low as anything if you try an agent who knows his/her job. No establishment is perfect you know.

Electronics, phones and other similar items are bound to develop fault at any point, but because we buy from Jumia we then want to get more than the service that was paid for, meanwhile we cannot call any physical market out if such issue occur when the item is bought from them.

I am always proud to say it anywhere that i am a Jumia sales consultant because i am always ready to do the job Jumia is paying me for to anyone who allows me to serve them, you might think it is easy to order but i tell you, as a jumia sales consultant it is much more eassier and better because i know what to look out for to get the best from Jumia for my customers/clients.

Apart from my customers, i have assisted a lot of nairalanders to resolve issues with Jumia. Jumia isn't saying there will be no issue, but with a reliable and trustworthy Jumia Sales consultant the issue will be at bearest minimum.

6 Likes

Re: Beware Of Jumia And Their Fraudulent Ways by clems93(m): 11:11pm On Jul 24, 2018
Ematexq:
Hmm...... Jumia na dead, they are the real scammers..... I wanted to order lenovo z5 and beat by dre wireless speaker, thank God I found this on time, please guys where can I get the lenovo z5 without online ordering, I don't mind traveling getting it, I'm in delta state
Don't be so scared due to the experiences of others, order via a JUMIA Sales Consultant to avoid issues, or help resolve any that might arise.
Re: Beware Of Jumia And Their Fraudulent Ways by Gptech(m): 7:33am On Jul 25, 2018
Ematexq:
Hmm...... Jumia na dead, they are the real scammers..... I wanted to order lenovo z5 and beat by dre wireless speaker, thank God I found this on time, please guys where can I get the lenovo z5 without online ordering, I don't mind traveling getting it, I'm in delta state
Order from AliExpress if you are afraid of Jumia, you won't get it offline.
Re: Beware Of Jumia And Their Fraudulent Ways by Ematexq: 10:14am On Jul 25, 2018
Instead of all these ordering kpalava, I will get a UK used Samsung s7 edge at any store close to me

1 Like

Re: Beware Of Jumia And Their Fraudulent Ways by babadee197(m): 5:40pm On Aug 01, 2018
My experience so far with Jumia was nothing to write home about. The last experience was so bad that I just have to admit that I have been the one creating pains for myself. If I'd gone to the market on one Saturday and try to buy what I want, tested it, I wouldn't be treated the way Jumia treated me.
I placed order for a small Tiger generator. the item was delivered and after opening it following day, Lo! and behold small Suzhou T973 generator was in the carton. I couldn`t even pronounce the name at all, I was bending my neck and head thinking the name was written upside-down. Anyway, let me see maybe it could work, as I poured fuel, alas! all the fuel was coming out from only God knows where. Well, I couldn't remove the fuel, nor lose anything to avoid issue. But all the fuel drained in its carton and soaked with 4litters fuel, I changed the carton for a better one. I filed return form and it was picked. Lo! and behold, Jumia called me back and said their Technical team, found out that the package was not returned and therefore no refund could be processed for me. I made them understand the N24,800 cost value of the product I paid for could never be compared with maybe N1,000 value of the carton it came with. The guy said no way. And there is nothing they can do about it.
Nothing was done. Jumia does not have any Quality Assurance team to verify every product being shipped to the buyer online, they do ship anything comes to their warehouse to the buyer. They don`t care about the money paid for the order. It`s better everyone find ways to be going to the market to buy whatever you like. Right there you will see what you want to buy. And you have choices. As for Jumia? In fact I`m looking for how to delete my account from their website.

7 Likes

Re: Beware Of Jumia And Their Fraudulent Ways by Darkseid(m): 6:10pm On Aug 01, 2018
babadee197:
My experience so far with Jumia was nothing to write home about. The last experience was so bad that I just have to admit that I have been the one creating pains for myself. If I'd gone to the market on one Saturday and try to buy what I want, tested it, I wouldn't be treated the way Jumia treated me.
I placed order for a small Tiger generator. the item was delivered and after opening it following day, Lo! and behold small Suzhou T973 generator was in the carton. I couldn`t even pronounce the name at all, I was bending my neck and head thinking the name was written upside-down. Anyway, let me see maybe it could work, as I poured fuel, alas! all the fuel was coming out from only God knows where. Well, I couldn't remove the fuel, nor lose anything to avoid issue. But all the fuel drained in its carton and soaked with 4litters fuel, I changed the carton for a better one. I filed return form and it was picked. Lo! and behold, Jumia called me back and said their Technical team, found out that the package was not returned and therefore no refund could be processed for me. I made them understand the N24,800 cost value of the product I paid for could never be compared with maybe N1,000 value of the carton it came with. The guy said no way. And there is nothing they can do about it.
Nothing was done. Jumia does not have any Quality Assurance team to verify every product being shipped to the buyer online, they do ship anything comes to their warehouse to the buyer. They don`t care about the money paid for the order. It`s better everyone find ways to be going to the market to buy whatever you like. Right there you will see what you want to buy. And you have choices. As for Jumia? In fact I`m looking for how to delete my account from their website.
My 36k is still hanging because of #300 USB cable. I returned a new cable that was only used once for about one hour to Jumia. After 10 days they called to say I sent a dirty cable, I'm still shocked till now.

3 Likes

Re: Beware Of Jumia And Their Fraudulent Ways by ejosh4(m): 9:47pm On Aug 04, 2018
bamac:
Maybe you have a point though. But trust me the problem will surely arise but chances are low. I have had problems with orders for customers, however, i got them resolved because it is my job.

Ask the OP, he never made the order through me but i know how much i spent to get the item redelivered for him to check the cable for quick solution.

The issue is so confusing because the item has passed through more than two hands and anything might have happened from anyone.

The picture of the capable really shows the cable isn't new but where the mixup came from is beyond my understanding.

I cannot say because i represent Jumia i will now tell you i have never had issues, but i try all i can to avoid it because it is my job.

In the past 2 years i have had less than 10 issues on over average of 3million revenue i make for Jumia on both B2C and B2B orders, in fact, no problem on B2B orders because most of it are contracts for companies, institutions, etc, so i do all my checks, analysis and all to ensure that my clients get the best out of Jumia. Those issues i had were almost all resolved except for abroad phone issues which many knows that after Jumia's 7 day return policy the customer is on his/her own but they will still come to you after 7 days to tell you to resolve the issue that they know for sure there is no remedy.

Not saying issue will not occur, but it will be as low as anything if you try an agent who knows his/her job. No establishment is perfect you know.

Electronics, phones and other similar items are bound to develop fault at any point, but because we buy from Jumia we then want to get more than the service that was paid for, meanwhile we cannot call any physical market out if such issue occur when the item is bought from them.

I am always proud to say it anywhere that i am a Jumia sales consultant because i am always ready to do the job Jumia is paying me for to anyone who allows me to serve them, you might think it is easy to order but i tell you, as a jumia sales consultant it is much more eassier and better because i know what to look out for to get the best from Jumia for my customers/clients.

Apart from my customers, i have assisted a lot of nairalanders to resolve issues with Jumia. Jumia isn't saying there will be no issue, but with a reliable and trustworthy Jumia Sales consultant the issue will be at bearest minimum.
To avoid any stories... order through bamac.. Tested and trusted
Re: Beware Of Jumia And Their Fraudulent Ways by folash: 12:27pm On Aug 09, 2018
ejosh4:

To avoid any stories... order through bamac.. Tested and trusted
Yes he's really tested and trusted..
Have never met him before but I sent him money to order a phone for me, and glad to say have picked the phone, and no issues at all

1 Like

Re: Beware Of Jumia And Their Fraudulent Ways by PrimadonnaO(f): 1:39pm On Sep 09, 2018
Darkseid:
My 36k is still hanging because of #300 USB cable. I returned a new cable that was only used once for about one hour to Jumia. After 10 days they called to say I sent a dirty cable, I'm still shocked till now.

And now...have refunds been made?
Re: Beware Of Jumia And Their Fraudulent Ways by Darkseid(m): 2:19pm On Sep 09, 2018
PrimadonnaO:

And now...have refunds been made?
For where, my money is still hanging with them; I'm just waiting till I get back home to resume my dispute with them.
Re: Beware Of Jumia And Their Fraudulent Ways by MrDoGood(m): 2:28pm On Sep 09, 2018
Emmoa:
yes!! Maybe he is unlucky. I bought a phone and returned if, having scratched d screen, fell d phone severally and it looked rough. They still refunded me sef.
Shut up!!!! Lie kill you.
Jumia agent spoted

1 Like

Re: Beware Of Jumia And Their Fraudulent Ways by PrimadonnaO(f): 4:30pm On Sep 09, 2018
Darkseid:

For where, my money is still hanging with them; I'm just waiting till I get back home to resume my dispute with them.

Sorry. I actually ordered some stuffs from Jumia. It's been almost two weeks and they are yet to arrive. They are being shipped from God-knows-where, though, so I'm trying to be a bit patient.
Re: Beware Of Jumia And Their Fraudulent Ways by mutvy: 4:48pm On Sep 09, 2018
I thought I was the only one who noticed that bulk of Jumia products are refurbished.

1 Like

Re: Beware Of Jumia And Their Fraudulent Ways by Chriswazo(m): 7:58pm On Sep 09, 2018
bamac:

Oga the Gionee X1s on Jumia, is it clone or original from Gionee
Re: Beware Of Jumia And Their Fraudulent Ways by bamac(m): 10:41am On Sep 10, 2018
Chriswazo:

According to Gionee they said the never produced the 3GB RAM/32GB ROM version of the phone which is actually what we have.

However, with the reviews from my cystomers, the phone is great, specs are real. The only minus is that it doesn't come with warranty, Jumia will only cover for 7 days counting from delivery day and that is if anything happens to the phone which isn't your fault which i will actually ensure return and refund within 10 business days if done through me.

I hope i have answered comprehensively!

1 Like

Re: Beware Of Jumia And Their Fraudulent Ways by Chriswazo(m): 10:53am On Sep 10, 2018
bamac:
According to Gionee they said the never produced the 3GB RAM/32GB ROM version of the phone which is actually what we have.

However, with the reviews from my cystomers, the phone is great, specs are real. The only minus is that it doesn't come with warranty, Jumia will only cover for 7 days counting from delivery day and that is if anything happens to the phone which isn't your fault which i will actually ensure return and refund within 10 business days if done through me.

You are honest, thank you
Re: Beware Of Jumia And Their Fraudulent Ways by Chriswazo(m): 10:54am On Sep 10, 2018
bamac:

You are honest, what is your shop name on Jumia or how do I find your store on Jumia
Re: Beware Of Jumia And Their Fraudulent Ways by bamac(m): 11:51am On Sep 10, 2018
Chriswazo:

You are honest, what is your shop name on Jumia or how do I find your store on Jumia
i am a Jumia sales consultant, all i do is to get quality item closer to the people and assist them with orders and everything associated with the order through me with no extra fee.
Re: Beware Of Jumia And Their Fraudulent Ways by Chriswazo(m): 11:53am On Sep 10, 2018
bamac:
i am a Jumia sales consultant, all i do is to get quality item closer to the people and assist them with orders and everything associated with the order through me with no extra fee.

Ok
Re: Beware Of Jumia And Their Fraudulent Ways by bamac(m): 12:01pm On Sep 10, 2018
Chriswazo:
so kindly call/Whatsapp on 08091180137 to order from Jumia now through a reliable and trustworthy Jumia Sales consultant.

Ok
Re: Beware Of Jumia And Their Fraudulent Ways by Mystiq25(m): 7:28pm On Sep 10, 2018
OP, why not simply ask Jumia to deduct 1k from your money to replace the "used" cable and return 35k to you? I think it is fair enough.
Re: Beware Of Jumia And Their Fraudulent Ways by nonny400(m): 8:24pm On Sep 10, 2018
Chriswazo:

Buy it. I used it and it was wonderful!
Re: Beware Of Jumia And Their Fraudulent Ways by Chriswazo(m): 8:31pm On Sep 10, 2018
nonny400:

Buy it. I used it and it was wonderful!

Okay
Re: Beware Of Jumia And Their Fraudulent Ways by nonny400(m): 8:39pm On Sep 10, 2018
Chriswazo:

Okay

Yup. See pictures below. Someone already bought it from me sha.

Just buy from bamac and enjoy.

Re: Beware Of Jumia And Their Fraudulent Ways by anayolity: 6:22pm On Sep 11, 2018
[quote author=bamac post=71070880][/quote]

I wanna buy a home theater by month end... how do we go about it??
Re: Beware Of Jumia And Their Fraudulent Ways by bamac(m): 7:06pm On Sep 11, 2018
anayolity:

I wanna buy a home theater by month end... how do we go about it??
Thank you. Please chat with me on whatsapp on 08091180137, so as to make the quality order happen.
Re: Beware Of Jumia And Their Fraudulent Ways by apexquest(m): 2:18pm On Sep 23, 2018
Ematexq:
Hey Bro, I looking at getting the z5, how did u eventually go about your purchase?
Re: Beware Of Jumia And Their Fraudulent Ways by GoodBoi1(m): 12:06am On Oct 16, 2018
And I ordered a phone from Jumia last week. I hope everything goes well.
Re: Beware Of Jumia And Their Fraudulent Ways by Optionally(f): 8:38am On Oct 16, 2018
bamac:
Bamac please is it possible for u to contact aprilstory a seller on jumia my order is still waiting for fulfillment
Re: Beware Of Jumia And Their Fraudulent Ways by Optionally(f): 8:40am On Oct 16, 2018
GoodBoi1:
And I ordered a phone from Jumia last week. I hope everything goes well.
like hw many days did it show waiting for fulfillment
Re: Beware Of Jumia And Their Fraudulent Ways by bamac(m): 11:19am On Oct 16, 2018
Optionally:

Bamac please is it possible for u to contact aprilstory a seller on jumia my order is still waiting for fulfillment
I responded to you yesterday that on or before Wednesday it will be fulfiled. Just be patient, i can assure you that you are safe.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Top 10 Smartphones For 2010: For Now. / How To Reduce Mobile Internet Data Usage On Android Devices / The End Of Blackberry Internet Service (BIS) By Network Providers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.