Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:25 AM

2019: I'm Not Supporting Atiku, Lamido - Gov Okowa - Daily Post - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019: I'm Not Supporting Atiku, Lamido - Gov Okowa - Daily Post (1103 Views)

Wike, Nigeria’s Next President After Atiku – Lamido / 2023: PDP NEC Meets Wednesday, Atiku, Lamido Reject Consensus / 2019: Why I Am Now Supporting Atiku – IBB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2019: I'm Not Supporting Atiku, Lamido - Gov Okowa - Daily Post by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:33am On Jun 28, 2018
Governor Ifeanyi Okowa of Delta State, on Wednesday, said he was not supporting any of the presidential aspirants of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP.

Answering questions from newsmen in Asaba at the quarterly media interaction, Okowa said he would not force any PDP delegate from the state to vote against their wish.

He said when former governor of Jigawa State, Sule Lamido, who is also aspiring to the exalted office came for consultation, he was also well received by the people of the state, noting that he carefully chose his words each time to maintain his neutrality int the process.

Okowa said not even former Vice President Atiku Abubakar who was given an elaborate and overwhelming reception, on Tuesday, when he came on a consultation visit to the state PDP has his support yet.

He said, “I have not said I am supporting Atiku. I made my statement which was clear and cautious. If you followed us properly, you will discover that when he talked to Deltans, he made a lot of statement which did interest our people, and he has said he is a friend of the state.

“He talked about restructuring and the rest. And if his programme continues to interest the people, I will not be able to hold back the hands of the people. I am not going to force any delegate to the national convention to vote the way Okowa thinks or feels.

“They will be allowed to exercise their discretion and their votes. I am not the type of person that will insist that this is the way it must go. When Sule Lamido came, people know that he spoke so well, Lamido is also a man I respect so well, and he was well received.

“As governor, I don’t want to directly support any candidate, but the will of the people will be allowed to be, but if anything happens that I have to give guidance, I will never force the people to vote against their will,” he said.

http://dailypost.ng/2018/06/28/2019-im-not-supporting-atiku-lamido-gov-okowa/amp/
Re: 2019: I'm Not Supporting Atiku, Lamido - Gov Okowa - Daily Post by DrGoodman: 8:35am On Jun 28, 2018
Who's he supporting then?
Re: 2019: I'm Not Supporting Atiku, Lamido - Gov Okowa - Daily Post by izzou(m): 8:37am On Jun 28, 2018
^^^

He's supporting TonyeBarcanista and Markarfi
Re: 2019: I'm Not Supporting Atiku, Lamido - Gov Okowa - Daily Post by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:38am On Jun 28, 2018
izzou:
^^^
He's supporting TonyeBarcanista and Markarfi
SMH...
Who know know
Re: 2019: I'm Not Supporting Atiku, Lamido - Gov Okowa - Daily Post by Wantedmiller: 8:40am On Jun 28, 2018
please someone should remind me........
Gov okowa.......... which party and governor of which state?
I can't get it
Re: 2019: I'm Not Supporting Atiku, Lamido - Gov Okowa - Daily Post by izzou(m): 8:43am On Jun 28, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:

SMH...

Who know know

Tonye, how far?

I want send you pm.
Re: 2019: I'm Not Supporting Atiku, Lamido - Gov Okowa - Daily Post by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:44am On Jun 28, 2018
izzou:

Tonye, how far?
I want send you pm.
Fine Bros, ride on
Re: 2019: I'm Not Supporting Atiku, Lamido - Gov Okowa - Daily Post by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:44am On Jun 28, 2018
Wantedmiller:
please someone should remind me........

Gov okowa.......... which party and governor of which state?

I can't get it
PDP & Delta state
Re: 2019: I'm Not Supporting Atiku, Lamido - Gov Okowa - Daily Post by bymigokeph: 8:46am On Jun 28, 2018
Ok
Re: 2019: I'm Not Supporting Atiku, Lamido - Gov Okowa - Daily Post by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:19am On Jun 28, 2018
Tuniski, another rejection of your oga
Re: 2019: I'm Not Supporting Atiku, Lamido - Gov Okowa - Daily Post by tuniski: 9:37am On Jun 28, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:
'Not supporting any candidate' that is what he said which is a welcome development.
That is what level playing ground means. Atiku will win the ticket given the reformed PdP that won't impose candidate.

Exciting times ahead.

1 Like

Re: 2019: I'm Not Supporting Atiku, Lamido - Gov Okowa - Daily Post by debaj10: 9:40am On Jun 28, 2018
good 4 u.
beta shine ya eye.
sai baba, 2019.
Re: 2019: I'm Not Supporting Atiku, Lamido - Gov Okowa - Daily Post by madridguy(m): 9:43am On Jun 28, 2018
How far with your oga @ the top? grin

TonyeBarcanista:
Re: 2019: I'm Not Supporting Atiku, Lamido - Gov Okowa - Daily Post by Mylove55(f): 9:46am On Jun 28, 2018
All these jobless lazy criminals are antiquity, they can't stand buhari.
Buhari till 2023.
Re: 2019: I'm Not Supporting Atiku, Lamido - Gov Okowa - Daily Post by Mylove55(f): 9:50am On Jun 28, 2018
tuniski:

'Not supporting any candidate' that is what he said which is a welcome development.
That is what level playing ground means. Atiku will win the ticket given the reformed PdP that won't impose candidate.

Exciting times ahead.
you want to atikulate
Re: 2019: I'm Not Supporting Atiku, Lamido - Gov Okowa - Daily Post by Tarzan360(m): 10:03am On Jun 28, 2018
Vision less governor you are still neutral on this statement
Re: 2019: I'm Not Supporting Atiku, Lamido - Gov Okowa - Daily Post by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:04am On Jun 28, 2018
madridguy:
How far with your oga @ the top? grin

My Principal is presently in PH, he commissioned a project yesterday with Governor Wike.

He is the PDP Candidate in waiting... The only aspirant that openly get endorsements of state chapters of the party.
Re: 2019: I'm Not Supporting Atiku, Lamido - Gov Okowa - Daily Post by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:07am On Jun 28, 2018
tuniski:

Exciting times ahead.
Nobody will impose candidate on anybody but the structures that put up the delegates was done by someone. The primary will be free and fair but we know the outcome already. This is Nigeria politics...

Atiku will finish distant 3rd or 4th (bookmark this)

Meanwhile, politicians look beyond semantics, the whole message is that Okowa is neither Atiku nor Lamido. As for being "neutral", NO politician is neutral in any matter. But if he was for Atiku he'd just remain silent than publicly dissociating from him.
Re: 2019: I'm Not Supporting Atiku, Lamido - Gov Okowa - Daily Post by madridguy(m): 10:09am On Jun 28, 2018
So unfortunate your oga won't get presidential ticket under pdp because your party need a money bag as they're presently not having access to the federal coffer.
Atiku will emerge as your party candidate.

TonyeBarcanista:
My Principal is presently in PH, he commissioned a project yesterday with Governor Wike.

He is the PDP Candidate in waiting... The only aspirant that openly get endorsements of state chapters of the party.
Re: 2019: I'm Not Supporting Atiku, Lamido - Gov Okowa - Daily Post by kropelgrada(m): 10:09am On Jun 28, 2018
That goes to show that PDP is still undecided about who the flagbearer should be. Cos given, Wike and Okowa are the money bags for PDP in the next general election. So that's a bold statement he just made, but only understood if u are a member of the inner caucus. grin
Re: 2019: I'm Not Supporting Atiku, Lamido - Gov Okowa - Daily Post by uwa1(m): 10:11am On Jun 28, 2018
We are waiting...
Re: 2019: I'm Not Supporting Atiku, Lamido - Gov Okowa - Daily Post by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:16am On Jun 28, 2018
madridguy:
So unfortunate your oga won't get presidential ticket under pdp because your party need a money bag as they're presently not having access to the federal coffer.
Atiku will emerge as your party candidate.

So unfortunate that you think Atiku is the wealthiest dude in PDP.

There are some things I may not be able to voice publicly but quite this, "PDP don't depend on Money from a single individual".

Do you know who Atiku's candidate for National Chairman was? Adeniran! Atiku financed him but what happened, Secondus won convincingly...

Do you know who brought in the National Secretary?

Do you know that the present Chief of Staff to Secondus was given to him by *****?

Do you know that 6 States chapters, Kaduna, Katsina, Kano, Nasarawa, Benue and Plateau have already declared for Makarfi but NO state has identified with Atiku? Even Bayelsa state had to publicly come out to denounce endorsing him.

I've been in politics for over a decade and I know where pendulum is to swing..

As for sponsorship, quote me anywhere, Atiku's money is not necessarily needed. Beside, Atiku was in APC when PDP was still doing their thing and it was same Makarfi that opened space for him to return BUT he was not allowed to vote during the National Convention.
Re: 2019: I'm Not Supporting Atiku, Lamido - Gov Okowa - Daily Post by tuniski: 10:58am On Jun 28, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:

Nobody will impose candidate on anybody but the structures that put up the delegates was done by someone. The primary will be free and fair but we know the outcome already. This is Nigeria politics...

Atiku will finish distant 3rd or 4th (bookmark this)

Meanwhile, politicians look beyond semantics, the whole message is that Okowa is neither Atiku nor Lamido. As for being "neutral", NO politician is neutral in any matter. But if he was for Atiku he'd just remain silent than publicly dissociating from him.
Leave this talk about structure beng put in place by caretake committee. Did they put the governors in place?

I remember clearly this was the setting in 1993. Kingibe was the immediate past chairman of SDP yet the popular philanthropist,bridge builder , cerebral businessman MKO defeated him in a level playing ground primaries.

Today, on a level playing ground, Atiku will defeat makarfi or anybody during the primaries. You can bank it!

Atiku is the man for the job and watch the unfolding events closely not as a makarfi fan but, a discerning and politically conscious citizen.

Atiku is the next president of Nigeria.
Re: 2019: I'm Not Supporting Atiku, Lamido - Gov Okowa - Daily Post by tuniski: 11:05am On Jun 28, 2018
Mylove55:
you want to atikulate
I am atikulated!!!!! Nigeria sai turaki2019
Re: 2019: I'm Not Supporting Atiku, Lamido - Gov Okowa - Daily Post by madridguy(m): 11:07am On Jun 28, 2018
Thanks for the enlightenment. I know one day you will make us proud.

TonyeBarcanista:

So unfortunate that you think Atiku is the wealthiest dude in PDP.

There are some things I may not be able to voice publicly but quite this, "PDP don't depend on Money from a single individual".

Do you know who Atiku's candidate for National Chairman was? Adeniran! Atiku financed him but what happened, Secondus won convincingly...

Do you know who brought in the National Secretary?

Do you know that the present Chief of Staff to Secondus was given to him by *****?

Do you know that 6 States chapters, Kaduna, Katsina, Kano, Nasarawa, Benue and Plateau have already declared for Makarfi but NO state has identified with Atiku? Even Bayelsa state had to publicly come out to denounce endorsing him.

I've been in politics for over a decade and I know where pendulum is to swing..

As for sponsorship, quote me anywhere, Atiku's money is not necessarily needed. Beside, Atiku was in APC when PDP was still doing their thing and it was same Makarfi that opened space for him to return BUT he was not allowed to vote during the National Convention.
Re: 2019: I'm Not Supporting Atiku, Lamido - Gov Okowa - Daily Post by TonyeBarcanista(m): 11:18am On Jun 28, 2018
madridguy:
Thanks for the enlightenment. I know one day you will make us proud.

Amen and you too

(1) (Reply)

Forgery: PDP Demands Adeosun’s Immediate Sack, Arraignment / 3 Things Buhari Is Bringing Back Home From His Visit To The Netherlands / LIVE UPDATES About DSS Invasion Of National Assembly.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.