Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,533 members, 7,823,318 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:39 AM

HIV Status Is Indeterminate - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / HIV Status Is Indeterminate (38607 Views)

My Girlfriend After Checking Her HIV Status Told Me This / Joe Muriuki Is Dead (First Kenyan To Go Public About HIV Status Dies) / Family Of 4 Show Their HIV Status: Wife Positive, Husband & Daughters Negative (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: HIV Status Is Indeterminate by geunik(m): 3:39pm On Jun 28, 2018
Visit another laboratory for a confirmation test. Visit a medical doctor for diagnosis. Visit HIV AIDS care center for counselling and specifically ask them for prophylaxis treatment. Prevention is better than sacrifice�

3 Likes

Re: HIV Status Is Indeterminate by Nobody: 3:39pm On Jun 28, 2018
You dont need to worry too much

But!!!

Waiting for HIV status is more dangerous than waiting for JAMB Result grin grin grin grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: HIV Status Is Indeterminate by DeeTweenie(f): 3:39pm On Jun 28, 2018
SIMPLY GO TO ANOTHER LAB..

SENEGAL WE NEED WIN OO, WHO'S WATCHING THE MATCH?
Re: HIV Status Is Indeterminate by femakin(m): 3:39pm On Jun 28, 2018
Visit another lab for confirmation. The lord is with you

1 Like

Re: HIV Status Is Indeterminate by cococandy(f): 3:40pm On Jun 28, 2018
Get a different opinion

Sometimes a viral infection can alter the results so they have to be sure before they give you a final result.

A different opinion might calm your nerves.

If you’ve never slept with a woman (or man), have not shared needles or sharps with anyone in less than 6 months (or ever) and have not received a recent blood transfusion, then you shouldn’t be too worried.

Just think within yourself and try to figure out if you might have been exposed in any way to the virus. If none comes to mind, relax and wait for your results. Good luck buddy.

I know this must be hard for you. Fingers crossed everything works out great for you.

7 Likes

Re: HIV Status Is Indeterminate by footprint17(m): 3:40pm On Jun 28, 2018
Baba u r negative . Stop disturbing urself

2 Likes

Re: HIV Status Is Indeterminate by RexTramadol1: 3:40pm On Jun 28, 2018
Sitting on the fence!

You will not be +ive
Re: HIV Status Is Indeterminate by Ellabae(f): 3:40pm On Jun 28, 2018
U don't av to be worry. Jst visit another Lab or a teaching hospital to know ur status

1 Like

Re: HIV Status Is Indeterminate by BigIyanga: 3:41pm On Jun 28, 2018
benzene00:
shocked

And hiv can only be gotten through sex

Olodo dashing ignorance since 1900

3 Likes

Re: HIV Status Is Indeterminate by hopeka(m): 3:41pm On Jun 28, 2018
Indeterminate" means that the test didn't provide a clear negative or positive result. Someone with an indeterminate HIV test result could be in the early stages of HIV infection, a time during which an HIV test might show a result somewhere between negative and positive. That's my take but u can try other clinic for another test to clear your doubts.

9 Likes

Re: HIV Status Is Indeterminate by Nobody: 3:42pm On Jun 28, 2018
hisexcellency34:
Better go to Synagogue
y u no just get sense
Re: HIV Status Is Indeterminate by godwon01(m): 3:42pm On Jun 28, 2018
Go to another laboratory. May be their bottle is contaminated or problem with the reagents. There is nothing like indetermining .it is either positive or negative.
Re: HIV Status Is Indeterminate by Nobody: 3:42pm On Jun 28, 2018
You don't need to worry, my friend... Put it in prayer, This is just a trial, a challenge, that the Lord wants to do to test your faith "by your faith you shall overcame, because greater is HIM thats in you, than HIM that's in the world"... smiley

4 Likes

Re: HIV Status Is Indeterminate by omocalabar(m): 3:43pm On Jun 28, 2018
It means u don't have the virus... That is term some medical personal prefer to use instead of saying " negative"
Re: HIV Status Is Indeterminate by steefi07: 3:44pm On Jun 28, 2018
Don't be worried, what is the worst that can happen HIV positive is not a death sentence people live there normal life with it and be all they want to be . But that is not your case just go about your life and be happy after the 3 months repeat the test. Indeterminant means the result was neutral and they don't have the equipment to prob further so you could visit Luth if you are in Lagos for accurate result. But it's nothing to worry about.

1 Like

Re: HIV Status Is Indeterminate by statusquoante: 3:45pm On Jun 28, 2018
No cause for alarm since you haven't had unprotected sexxxx before.

2 Likes

Re: HIV Status Is Indeterminate by dadavivo: 3:45pm On Jun 28, 2018
obinnand:
I visited a medical laboratory for culture test. When I came back to collect the result. They collected another of my blood sample saying that they want to be sure, that I should please come the next day. The following day I returned they also colleted my blood sample saying that they want to be very sure. When I finally got the result it states that my HIV status is indeterminate. They advice me to come back in 3 months time for another test. This thing happened about 3 days ago since then I have not been myself. I need advice and I have never slept with a woman. Please medical laboratory scientists in the lab help me. My blood group is O.
are you getting any symptoms? Hence why you went to lab?
Re: HIV Status Is Indeterminate by Nobody: 3:46pm On Jun 28, 2018
Go to two different laboratories and carry out tests too.

1 Like

Re: HIV Status Is Indeterminate by Jrevelation(m): 3:46pm On Jun 28, 2018
Finally finally you have receive life time mind imprisonment , you will always be worried HIV now when you know you have not do it before what are you actually looking for anyway you have seen it and you can eat your cake....

You better forget about test and doing your life
Those lab people henehene they will sentence you to death while you are still ()
Re: HIV Status Is Indeterminate by bigsmoke2(m): 3:47pm On Jun 28, 2018
obinnand:
I visited a medical laboratory for culture test. When I came back to collect the result. They collected another of my blood sample saying that they want to be sure, that I should please come the next day. The following day I returned they also colleted my blood sample saying that they want to be very sure. When I finally got the result it states that my HIV status is indeterminate. They advice me to come back in 3 months time for another test. This thing happened about 3 days ago since then I have not been myself. I need advice and I have never slept with a woman. Please medical laboratory scientists in the lab help me. My blood group is O.
do a DNA PCR they most likely They did a screening test for you with those rapid kit.
Re: HIV Status Is Indeterminate by Nobody: 3:47pm On Jun 28, 2018
Guy, please we know hiv can be transmitted but under strict favorable conditions. This is why unprotected sex is the highest means of transmitting the virus, but even at that viral load needs to be high enough. People don't just get hiv, you said you've never had sex, please go to another lab, don't worry yourself you don't have the virus.
Re: HIV Status Is Indeterminate by bethyz(m): 3:48pm On Jun 28, 2018
That thing you are look for hmmmnn
Does it mean women are the once with HIV or are the one thing that can give you HIV abeg relax whatever reason that made you go for that test is known by You alone .
Calm down you are safe
Re: HIV Status Is Indeterminate by nazablossom(f): 3:49pm On Jun 28, 2018
Go to any general hospital around you to conduct the test free of charge,you will know your status within minutes. Three months is too long to know your status, you may develop hbp thinking whether you are negative or positive. All this cherewere lab services, I don't trust them.

2 Likes

Re: HIV Status Is Indeterminate by obinna222: 3:50pm On Jun 28, 2018
obinnand:

What's your genotype. If you're SS it's likely to occur and give an indeterminate result. I have witnessed it
Re: HIV Status Is Indeterminate by TomMary(f): 3:51pm On Jun 28, 2018
obinnand:

Why did you go for a culture test in the first place
Go to a teaching or general hospital
And uhm you don't have to sleep with a woman to contact HIV

1 Like

Re: HIV Status Is Indeterminate by happney65: 3:51pm On Jun 28, 2018
taiwiki:
If they are still not sure after 3times why dont you go to another medical laboratory. The fault might be from them...na naija we dey.

Dont be scared bro just pray well

Pray?And Prayer will turn it to be HIV Negative?Shioor..No wonder Buhari is our President.. grin grin
Re: HIV Status Is Indeterminate by Adenex3051(m): 3:52pm On Jun 28, 2018
I GOT THIS FROM GOOGLE....

Indeterminate" means that the test didn't provide a clear negative or positive result. Someone with an indeterminate HIV test result could be in the early stages of HIV infection, a time during which an HIV test might show a result somewhere between negative and positive.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: HIV Status Is Indeterminate by cutedharmee: 3:52pm On Jun 28, 2018
Maybe window period
Re: HIV Status Is Indeterminate by mmb(m): 3:52pm On Jun 28, 2018
What are the symptoms of hiv infection?
Re: HIV Status Is Indeterminate by Biggybambam2: 3:53pm On Jun 28, 2018
Try another lab for a second opinion
Then try a third one.

Hmm, it may cost sha but it's better to know, than be sorry

Have you been sharing Clippers at the barbing salon?

Nigeria with expensive stuff. By the way, how much is a test?

Some say it's free in a government hospital. Why not go there?

1 Like

Re: HIV Status Is Indeterminate by ipobarethieves: 3:53pm On Jun 28, 2018
Dnt entertain any fear.Go to anoda lab.Dnt let d come today/come tomorrow yeye lab scam/confuse u with their grammar. It is well with u

2 Likes

Re: HIV Status Is Indeterminate by MrBigiman: 3:53pm On Jun 28, 2018
Labs In Nigeria are finally killing Medical practice.

Brother, it doesn't cost u anything to visit a government hospital and be test free for HIV.

I pray it turns out negative.

God bless.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

What To Do When Someone Has A Seizure(pics) / Genotype And Blood Group: Learn Never To Forget The Difference!!! / Woman Delivered Of Triplets In Lagos, Dies Few Hours (pictured)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.