Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,605 members, 7,823,636 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:44 PM

HIV Status Is Indeterminate - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / HIV Status Is Indeterminate (38609 Views)

My Girlfriend After Checking Her HIV Status Told Me This / Joe Muriuki Is Dead (First Kenyan To Go Public About HIV Status Dies) / Family Of 4 Show Their HIV Status: Wife Positive, Husband & Daughters Negative (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: HIV Status Is Indeterminate by pxjosh(m): 4:22pm On Jun 28, 2018
PrecisionFx:

HIV is a scam.

It doesn't kill anyone. It's just a passenger virus.

what kills is the toxic anti cancer drugs used to treat HIV.
Anti cancer drugs are not used to treat HIV bro. HIV doesn't kill by itself but I can bring down one's immune system so low for opportunistic infections to thrive, and that's what kills.

2 Likes

Re: HIV Status Is Indeterminate by Elbarrain(m): 4:26pm On Jun 28, 2018
To determine HIV status require confirmatory test which include DETERMINE TEST KIT, UNIGOLD TEST KIT AND STAT-PAK.

If you're tested positive with DETERMINE TEST KIT, they will progress to UNIGOLD TEST KIT and if tested positive with it as well, they move to final stage which is STAT-PAK. If all shows positive, that shows you're confirmed positive patient.
If DETERMINE TEST KIT shows positive and UNIGOLD shows negative, they will progress to STAT-PAK and if shows negative, you're confirmed Negative patient.
If DETERMINE TEST KIT and UNIGOLD shows positive but STAT-PAK shows negative, they can say is indeterminate in which you'll be ask to come back after 3 months.
So in legbegbe hospital, in which there is no UNIGOLD and STAT-PAK, they might be giving you legbegbe result........ Dear nairalander, pls visit government own hospital

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: HIV Status Is Indeterminate by babycarter: 4:26pm On Jun 28, 2018
sad sadHmmmm, all this advisors be saying #dontbescared, #goforanothertest, sad ... I guess it's cos most of u probably haven't had that kinda experience before, well, I have and guess what I almost died out of fear. well thank God I was pure.
Meanwhile HiV can't be gotten just through sex, you have blood transfusion, kissing If the other infected person has a sore, razor blade cuts which is variable.
So the best advice is, if truly u have not engaged in any of the above listed activities over the past month, keep calm and quickly go conduct another test in a teaching hospital as recommended by someone.

CAVEAT: Mind you even if someone is +ve, test result doesn't really show it clearly (window period) until after like 3 months or more.
#IFEELYOURPAIN
Re: HIV Status Is Indeterminate by Ranchhoddas: 4:29pm On Jun 28, 2018
Trouble dey sleep yanga go wake am. Why you self go just wake up for no reason talk say you want do HIV test.
Village people working full time on your behalf.

Now you no go sleep well for the next three months.
Re: HIV Status Is Indeterminate by Nobody: 4:30pm On Jun 28, 2018
... one demonic matron at a general hospital subjected me to same sh*t!...
i was so disturbed but in the end, God pass the sadist! I CAME OUT CLEAN.
Re: HIV Status Is Indeterminate by Jayses(m): 4:32pm On Jun 28, 2018
Did you request for a culture test because of blood fungal infection. ?
Re: HIV Status Is Indeterminate by obinnand(m): 4:32pm On Jun 28, 2018
My Church needs it for my wedding
Re: HIV Status Is Indeterminate by Alex80s(m): 4:33pm On Jun 28, 2018
Nothing is wrong with you bro.
That is a the part of the counselling to help scare you away from unprotected sex.
Go do your test some where
Re: HIV Status Is Indeterminate by Nobody: 4:35pm On Jun 28, 2018
Probably they have faulty equipments or na lab probably manned by quarks. Bro go to a govt hospital and do test. They will just give u a wrong result and u will get heart attack for nothing.
Re: HIV Status Is Indeterminate by obinnand(m): 4:36pm On Jun 28, 2018
Ranchhoddas:
Trouble dey sleep yanga go wake am. Why you self go just wake up for no reason talk say you want do HIV test.

guy church people need it for my marriage
Re: HIV Status Is Indeterminate by grandlexuz(m): 4:36pm On Jun 28, 2018
A
Danaire:
HIV is a scam.

You ar on point...�

Just when you think you have seen all the Ignoramus on planet earth, the biggest of them all surfaces. I hail oh..
Re: HIV Status Is Indeterminate by Nobody: 4:38pm On Jun 28, 2018
larion:

Fast

I guess you have exposed yourself to go take the test in the first place.

Anyways there is a drug people who have been exposed to HIV can quickly take to prevent them from been positive.

I am not sure of the name but I know it works to above 95% potency....I will advice you do a research an go get that drug fast....that's if you think you have been expose.

Side effect if the drug is that you become very sick, headache, fever, cough, diarrhoea and the likes....but nothing go do you.

On the flip side....go see a doctor.....be very fast!

The test was 3 days ago the window for the ARV has passed

He should have taken it 25 hours max after exposure
Re: HIV Status Is Indeterminate by Nobody: 4:39pm On Jun 28, 2018
obinnand:
I visited a medical laboratory for culture test. When I came back to collect the result. They collected another of my blood sample saying that they want to be sure, that I should please come the next day. The following day I returned they also colleted my blood sample saying that they want to be very sure. When I finally got the result it states that my HIV status is indeterminate. They advice me to come back in 3 months time for another test. This thing happened about 3 days ago since then I have not been myself. I need advice and I have never slept with a woman. Please medical laboratory scientists in the lab help me. My blood group is O.

Why is everyone beating around the bush

Here is this sitrep

1. The window for you to take the ARV has passed because you waited 4 days since that makes 4 days it's too late for AVR

2. Inconclusive in 3 consecutive tests is very bad likely you have been exposed

3. Go and sign up for ARV supply for life

5. You are not HIV negative

6 you lied about how you were exposed

1 Like

Re: HIV Status Is Indeterminate by obinnand(m): 4:39pm On Jun 28, 2018
cococandy:
Get a different opinion

Sometimes a viral infection can alter the results so they have to be sure before they give you a final result.

A different opinion might calm your nerves.

If you’ve never slept with a woman (or man), have not shared needles or sharps with anyone in less than 6 months (or ever) and have not received a recent blood transfusion, then you shouldn’t be too worried.

Just think within yourself and try to figure out if you might have been exposed in any way to the virus. If none comes to mind, relax and wait for your results. Good luck buddy.

I know this must be hard for you. Fingers crossed everything works out great for you.
Thanks bro, I don't think I have shared sharp object with anyone nor have sex

1 Like

Re: HIV Status Is Indeterminate by Nobody: 4:41pm On Jun 28, 2018
Ranchhoddas:

its important u do it. If u wan marry some churches will require it..if u wan travel out of the country to school,most schools in europe and america will require for ur HIV test.many private hospitals are not equipped for it cos most are manned by quarks.
Re: HIV Status Is Indeterminate by Ezeego1(m): 4:42pm On Jun 28, 2018
OmoAlata1:
It is called post exposure prophylaxis drug. It only works if you start the regimen within 72hours(3 days) after exposure. They also have prep(truvada) that you need to take everyday for 30 days BEFORE you engage in risky sexual behavior with someone who is HIV positive. You will continue taking that drug daily thereafter as long as you are engage in risky sexual behavior with a HIV positive person.

Re: HIV Status Is Indeterminate by Follygunners: 4:42pm On Jun 28, 2018
Wallade:

I disagree with you

Bros.. that's a 'Rhetorical' NOT, 'literal' statement. grin
Re: HIV Status Is Indeterminate by Vivos: 4:43pm On Jun 28, 2018
PrecisionFx:

HIV is a scam.
Ignorance!!!!
Re: HIV Status Is Indeterminate by eodavids(m): 4:44pm On Jun 28, 2018
ibori1:
hmmnmmmm
, lalasticlala,mynd44,seun,
dis FTC is for yu

guy pls pray hard ooo

I hope is not wat ur mind is telling u

BT d word indeterminate means ur not negative neither r u positive, d full result will b out after 3 to 6months to rule out any HIV virus

don't b scared go back to dem let dem explain y u shld come back,if u r dt scared

What about trying another laboratory?
Re: HIV Status Is Indeterminate by obinnand(m): 4:44pm On Jun 28, 2018
Auxtin85:
Bro nothing much to worry about, wait for 3 weeks before you do another test i once tested indeterminate due to drug allergies. My samples were again sent to Germany from Kenya it came back after 1 week i died within that 1 week. Thank God it came back negative.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: HIV Status Is Indeterminate by taiwiki(m): 4:44pm On Jun 28, 2018
happney65:

NO..But what has that got to do with my question?Will his prayers change his HIV status or what?Hunnnn
YES....cos I dont see anything wrong with praying about a situation with an unknown future outcome. He didn't say the result was positive so no give oga hypertension abeg....

1 Like

Re: HIV Status Is Indeterminate by stevenakp(m): 4:45pm On Jun 28, 2018
Reussite:
Pls save me this opportunity. I have got 3 days deadline. I am a business person. I got to know about this particular business opportunity I sincerely didn't blink twice I resigned immediately from where I was working. It's the NEO LIFE business if you are an entrepreneur here U would do your business a whole good by investing in it. (check them out here neolife.com).
To start up this business there are 3 investment plans to initiate. I have been only able to gather some amount which isn't complete yet for the business & there is a deadline of just 3 days to attain a position with one's investment(now to June 30th).
I'm in NEED of the sum of N180,000 for a lend. I just need persons or a person to lend me this money and I sincerely promise to refund it by the end of July.
Please help a brother with this opportunity of life transformation and do well for yourselves to inquire more about the company so as to invest likewise and its a promise that you'ad thank me later. I'm typing this with all confidence.
Here is my acc no:
Zenith bank
Thanks.
I apologise for posting this here to anyone who would feel offended I'm quite desperate.

You would've gotten the money easily from your colleagues at work.
You resigned from your work to start a business you don't have the money to finance.

Please go and pick your brain from where you left it.

4 Likes

Re: HIV Status Is Indeterminate by MissRaine69(f): 4:46pm On Jun 28, 2018
This does not make an ounce of sense at all . A culture test that requires blood is to test bacteria or fungi in the blood it is not test for HIV.. Why were you being tested for HIV? Now clarify please why did you require a blood culture? If you had unprotected sex today and immediately went to get a test nothing all show, nothing will show in a week either. The recommended treatment for post exposure or (PEP) is commenced no more than 72 hours after exposure .This medication is taken for 28 days .For obvious reasons this does to occur often nor is it done correctly in most instances.

1 Like

Re: HIV Status Is Indeterminate by Nobody: 4:47pm On Jun 28, 2018
Almunjid:

What? Prof. Abeg na for where u read am from?. Give us link or reference

Go to Google, Type "Is hiv a scam?" search for videos associated with this key word as well.

U will get links to YouTube videos, medical journals n articles written by professors of molecular biology, biologists, renounced medical doctors n PhD doctors on the topic hiv n how its a scam.

Those doctors will show u overwhelming evidence that hiv is a cheap scam. U will see an American doctor publicly draw blood from a popular well known hiv patient n inject himself with it to prove its a scam.

Those articles against the hiv scam is actually a crime, misleading the public and the penalty is jail time, withdrawal of the doctors medical license or even both and yet those doctors are free men till tomorrow.

HIV IS A SCAM.
Re: HIV Status Is Indeterminate by obinnand(m): 4:48pm On Jun 28, 2018
EgunMogaji:

Just a question for you.

Would you be this animated if it were a test for diabetes, cancer, mental health?
Guy is like you don't understand the stigmatisation associated with HIV/AIDS
Re: HIV Status Is Indeterminate by adeniyisamuel59(m): 4:48pm On Jun 28, 2018
Folashade2016:
Where are the nairaland resident doctors?
Come and help out.

check my SIGNATURE
Resident Doctor has nothing to do with this, it is only a test results from standard laboratory that can confirm this.
Re: HIV Status Is Indeterminate by Nobody: 4:50pm On Jun 28, 2018
pxjosh:
Anti cancer drugs are not used to treat HIV bro. HIV doesn't kill by itself but I can bring down one's immune system so low for opportunistic infections to thrive, and that's what kills.

Those are useless lies to sell toxic drugs by a few elite n make billions of dollars from it.
Those cancer treatment toxic drugs is what destroys the immune system n gives way for ither microbes to easily flood in...Naturally cancer drugs are known to destroy the immune system.

Go to Google, Type "Is hiv a scam?" search for videos associated with this key word as well.

U will get links to YouTube videos, medical journals n articles written by professors of molecular biology, biologists, renounced medical doctors n PhD doctors on the topic hiv n how its a scam.

Those doctors will show u overwhelming evidence that hiv is a cheap scam. U will see an American doctor publicly draw blood from a popular well known hiv patient n inject himself with it to prove its a scam.

Those articles against the hiv scam is actually a crime, misleading the public and the penalty is jail time, withdrawal of the doctors medical license or even both and yet those doctors are free men till tomorrow.
Re: HIV Status Is Indeterminate by Wallade(m): 4:51pm On Jun 28, 2018
Follygunners:

Bros.. that's a 'Rhetorical' NOT, 'literal' statement. grin

The author of the thread didn't mention sex so I was wondering why the query of HIV status prompts "sex" in the minds of some people.

1 Like

Re: HIV Status Is Indeterminate by Elitecee(m): 4:53pm On Jun 28, 2018
larion:

Fast

I guess you have exposed yourself to go take the test in the first place.

Anyways there is a drug people who have been exposed to HIV can quickly take to prevent them from been positive.

I am not sure of the name but I know it works to above 95% potency....I will advice you do a research an go get that drug fast....that's if you think you have been expose.

Side effect if the drug is that you become very sick, headache, fever, cough, diarrhoea and the likes....but nothing go do you.

On the flip side....go see a doctor.....be very fast!

The drug is PEP and must be started taking within 72 hours after a recent possible exposure to HIV...
Re: HIV Status Is Indeterminate by kowalsky: 4:56pm On Jun 28, 2018
PrecisionFx:

HIV is a scam.

Actually be scared of HIV. It's one of the few retroviruses that refuses to live symbiotically with hosts cells.

It will colonize your CD4 helper T cells, use it to synthesize new viral RNA (all the while preventing your body from detecting the compromised cells) before depleting their numbers (which leads to AIDS).

No CD4 T cells equals compromised acquired immunity. Even common cold can kill you at this point.

5 Likes

Re: HIV Status Is Indeterminate by Nobody: 4:57pm On Jun 28, 2018
obinnand:

Guy is like you don't understand the stigmatisation associated with HIV/AIDS

So I take it that you have no interest in answering the question I asked.
Re: HIV Status Is Indeterminate by kowalsky: 4:57pm On Jun 28, 2018
PrecisionFx:

Those are useless lies to sell toxic drugs by a few elite n make billions of dollars from it.
Those cancer treatment toxic drugs is what destroys the immune system n gives way for ither microbes to easily flood in...Naturally cancer drugs are known to destroy the immune system.

What are you high on

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

I Did Pregnancy Test And It Said Positive But The Scan Said The Sac Is Empty / What To Do When Someone Has A Seizure(pics) / Genotype And Blood Group: Learn Never To Forget The Difference!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.