Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,818 members, 7,810,138 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:32 PM

Tanker Fire On Lagos Ibadan Expressway: Corpses Evacuated, Eyewitness Accounts - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Tanker Fire On Lagos Ibadan Expressway: Corpses Evacuated, Eyewitness Accounts (106793 Views)

Dashcam Footage Of Otedola Bridge Tanker Fire/Explosion / Lagos Tanker Fire: 8 Adults And 1 Minor Burnt To Death, 4 Injured - LASEMA / Otedola Bridge Lagos Tanker Fire: Man Narrates How He Escaped (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tanker Fire On Lagos Ibadan Expressway: Corpses Evacuated, Eyewitness Accounts by earthsync(f): 9:29pm On Jun 28, 2018
What kind of country is this? This is so sad.
Re: Tanker Fire On Lagos Ibadan Expressway: Corpses Evacuated, Eyewitness Accounts by Nobody: 9:29pm On Jun 28, 2018
oshe11:
See that Agbaya dey take Selfie
You are a fool! Your brain is maggot-invaded!! Na only the agbaya yu see? Callous being
Re: Tanker Fire On Lagos Ibadan Expressway: Corpses Evacuated, Eyewitness Accounts by resurgent2019: 9:31pm On Jun 28, 2018
philos:
THE TYPE AND MAGNITUDE OF BAD LUCK, TRAGEDY, AND HORROR THAT ARE BEFALLING THIS NATION ARE QUITE WORRISOME!
PLEASE GOD, HAVE MERCY ON US. FORGIVE US, AND HEAL THIS LAND, IF ONLY FOR THE SAKE OF THE FEW GOOG ONES AMONG US. WE BEG YOU, OH MERCIFUL GOD!

Stop this God business. God doesn’t fix nations. People and institutions do.

Now I know why Adeboye and the rest are filthy rich, they sell hope to the millions of hopeless people in Nigeria.

NB: I am a Christian but I am getting tired of all the useless prayers. The country is getting worse.

6 Likes

Re: Tanker Fire On Lagos Ibadan Expressway: Corpses Evacuated, Eyewitness Accounts by bigtt76(f): 9:32pm On Jun 28, 2018
The travails of the average Lagosian and Nigerian in general undecided RIP to the dead. cry

EdificationBoss:
This is really sad.

Lives and millions wasted; Graphic photos from the explosion below:

http://newshelm.ng/photos-of-devastation-following-the-tanker-fire-on-lagos-ibadan-expressway/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwxzP6sLIA4

Re: Tanker Fire On Lagos Ibadan Expressway: Corpses Evacuated, Eyewitness Accounts by adeniyisamuel59(m): 9:35pm On Jun 28, 2018
DonDemu:
Hope it is not a set up to politically malign APC. One can't trust the ever desperate PDP.

RIP to the dead
I think you need a common sense

Re: Tanker Fire On Lagos Ibadan Expressway: Corpses Evacuated, Eyewitness Accounts by Bimpe29: 9:35pm On Jun 28, 2018
Aameen. It's really sad.

post=68913470:
Lord have mercy!
They all left home, not having a premonition that they won't return alive to their abode.
May the soul of the dead Rest well.
This is just so sad.
Reading and seeing all these deaths, especially death of little children makes it so hard to swallow.
May God's protection be with us and our families.

GORY SCENES.
SO SAD!!

1 Like

Re: Tanker Fire On Lagos Ibadan Expressway: Corpses Evacuated, Eyewitness Accounts by Troublemaker007(m): 9:36pm On Jun 28, 2018
Organism000:
Nigeria is experiencing blood sacrifice. It looks like a mass karma of some sort. The death statistics is totally off the charts.

I believe every single bit of what you said bro.
Re: Tanker Fire On Lagos Ibadan Expressway: Corpses Evacuated, Eyewitness Accounts by philip0906(m): 9:36pm On Jun 28, 2018
resurgent2019:

Stop this God business. God doesn’t fix nations. People and institutions do.

Now I know why Adeboye and the rest are filthy rich, they sell hope to the millions of hopeless people in Nigeria.

NB: I am a Christian but I am getting tired of all the useless prayers. The country is getting worse.
Same boat here man...prayers haven't changed this country and might never change this enclave. Since the advent of Christianity in the country, millions of Christians have prayed but the problems seem to just multiply.

Countries like China, UAE who have worked hard and not prayed to God or Allah to help them, have gone miles ahead of us.

1 Like

Re: Tanker Fire On Lagos Ibadan Expressway: Corpses Evacuated, Eyewitness Accounts by Barrycake: 9:39pm On Jun 28, 2018
June has been blood-thirsty. Our government has failed us. nothing will change i know the same “accidents” will happen again.
One can’t even say stay safe out there. its just a bloody mess. May God protect us and ours❤
Re: Tanker Fire On Lagos Ibadan Expressway: Corpses Evacuated, Eyewitness Accounts by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 9:39pm On Jun 28, 2018
ChiefAzubuike:
May their families have the strength to bear the loss.
From Jos to russia to Lagos, it has been a black June indeed.
Throughout my years living in the USA, there have never been any fire disaster from a diesel or petrol carrier. But over there in naija these things happen so often . How some people still beat their chest to say they are Nigerians never ceases to amaze me. In Uganda there is sanity and its rare to see disasters like this. Same goes for Kenya, Tanzania, south Africa etc. But in the supposed giant of Africa people die and get roasted in fire like Bush meat everyday.

The world cup loss in Russia is the most painful of them all
. Followed by the Jos massacre. And followed by the Otedola bridge disaster.

I think your stupidity trumps all the disasters you have mentioned. People are dead and you're talking about the World Cup

4 Likes

Re: Tanker Fire On Lagos Ibadan Expressway: Corpses Evacuated, Eyewitness Accounts by jidxin(m): 9:40pm On Jun 28, 2018
DonDemu:
Hope it is not a set up to politically malign APC. One can't trust the ever desperate PDP.

RIP to the dead
veey senseless post, your brain is really paining u

1 Like

Re: Tanker Fire On Lagos Ibadan Expressway: Corpses Evacuated, Eyewitness Accounts by banre(m): 9:40pm On Jun 28, 2018
hmmmm God protect us all.

i was at berger just 3 days ago, inside terrible holdup, that same road.
Re: Tanker Fire On Lagos Ibadan Expressway: Corpses Evacuated, Eyewitness Accounts by yusufyo: 9:41pm On Jun 28, 2018
will any one still blame Buhari for this? we only need prayers in this country. RIP to the deads.
Re: Tanker Fire On Lagos Ibadan Expressway: Corpses Evacuated, Eyewitness Accounts by Temptee101(m): 9:41pm On Jun 28, 2018
ChiefAzubuike:
Throughout my years living in the USA, there have never been any fire disaster from a diesel or petrol carrier. But over there in naija these things happen so often . How some people still beat their chest to say they are Nigerians never ceases to amaze me. In Uganda there is sanity and its rare to see disasters like this. Same goes for Kenya, Tanzania, south Africa etc. But in the supposed giant of Africa people die and get roasted in fire like Bush meat everyday.

The world cup loss in Russia is the most painful of them all. Followed by the Jos massacre. And followed by the Otedola bridge disaster.
It's no longer Uk, na US now. I just pity you
Re: Tanker Fire On Lagos Ibadan Expressway: Corpses Evacuated, Eyewitness Accounts by Larasisi(f): 9:41pm On Jun 28, 2018
sigh
Re: Tanker Fire On Lagos Ibadan Expressway: Corpses Evacuated, Eyewitness Accounts by Nobody: 9:41pm On Jun 28, 2018
RexTramadol1:
SITUATION REPORT OF THE TANKER INCIDENT ON OTEDOLA BRIDGE INWARD BERGER

On getting to the scene of the incident it was discovered that a Mack tanker truck loaded with 33 liters of Premium Motor Spirit (PMS) moving inward Berger at about 5:23pm, fell and spilled its content on the road resulting into fire outbreak. Further investigation by the Lasema Response Team. Unfortunately 9 bodies were confirmed dead and recovered from the scene (8 adults and 1 minor) and 4 persons sustain various degrees of injuries and taken to the hospital. A total number of 54 vehicles were completely burnt as a result of the inferno.
The Agency's LASEMA Response Team, men of Lagos State Fire Service, LRU fire, LSNC, NSCDC, FRSC, LASAMBUS, LASTMA, SEHMU, LSPWC and Nigeria Police Force from Alausa and Isheri Division were the responders present at the scene. Effort on going to recover all burnt vehicles off the road. Recovery operations ongoing.
General Manager LASEMA
Mr. Adesina Tiamiyu

Eko o in baje. Lagos is working. The situation report is very commendable. The Lagos State team have done very well. The prompt responses of different agencies within the Lagos team will surely affect the casualty figures

2 Likes

Re: Tanker Fire On Lagos Ibadan Expressway: Corpses Evacuated, Eyewitness Accounts by cnonyechi(f): 9:42pm On Jun 28, 2018
ChiefAzubuike:

The world cup loss in Russia is the most painful of them all. Followed by the Jos massacre. And followed by the Otedola bridge disaster.

And 9/11 never happened abi. Abegi

1 Like

Re: Tanker Fire On Lagos Ibadan Expressway: Corpses Evacuated, Eyewitness Accounts by jidxin(m): 9:43pm On Jun 28, 2018
tunjijones:
Abeg let June come and go.. The calamity and catastrophe and chaos and hullabaloo in this June is too much..
I see u bro.....was able to recognize ur whatsapp status
Re: Tanker Fire On Lagos Ibadan Expressway: Corpses Evacuated, Eyewitness Accounts by lagdmark(m): 9:43pm On Jun 28, 2018
ChiefAzubuike:

Rubbish,

1 Like

Re: Tanker Fire On Lagos Ibadan Expressway: Corpses Evacuated, Eyewitness Accounts by Kemillion(m): 9:44pm On Jun 28, 2018
spinna:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwxzP6sLIA4
Dis is why i hate blood money, it's always da innocents dat always suffer. luk at dis one now. RIP to da deads sha
Re: Tanker Fire On Lagos Ibadan Expressway: Corpses Evacuated, Eyewitness Accounts by philip0906(m): 9:44pm On Jun 28, 2018
babaolofin:

Eko o in baje. Lagos is working. The situation report is very commendable. The Lagos State team have done very well. The prompt responses of different agencies within the Lagos team will surely affect the casualty figures
Ogun light you
Re: Tanker Fire On Lagos Ibadan Expressway: Corpses Evacuated, Eyewitness Accounts by chrizzyace: 9:45pm On Jun 28, 2018
Must everything be related to politics

1 Like

Re: Tanker Fire On Lagos Ibadan Expressway: Corpses Evacuated, Eyewitness Accounts by Dalyjay(m): 9:45pm On Jun 28, 2018
R.i.P to the dead
Re: Tanker Fire On Lagos Ibadan Expressway: Corpses Evacuated, Eyewitness Accounts by Deltatoto: 9:45pm On Jun 28, 2018
Famocious:
Jos massacre is still burning in our hearts, another disaster in Lagos... What a month!
get ur pvc Apc and Buhari signed a pact with d devil
Re: Tanker Fire On Lagos Ibadan Expressway: Corpses Evacuated, Eyewitness Accounts by laborious(m): 9:46pm On Jun 28, 2018
RexTramadol1:
SITUATION REPORT OF THE TANKER INCIDENT ON OTEDOLA BRIDGE INWARD BERGER

On getting to the scene of the incident it was discovered that a Mack tanker truck loaded with 33 liters of Premium Motor Spirit (PMS) moving inward Berger at about 5:23pm, fell and spilled its content on the road resulting into fire outbreak. Further investigation by the Lasema Response Team. Unfortunately 9 bodies were confirmed dead and recovered from the scene (8 adults and 1 minor) and 4 persons sustain various degrees of injuries and taken to the hospital. A total number of 54 vehicles were completely burnt as a result of the inferno.
The Agency's LASEMA Response Team, men of Lagos State Fire Service, LRU fire, LSNC, NSCDC, FRSC, LASAMBUS, LASTMA, SEHMU, LSPWC and Nigeria Police Force from Alausa and Isheri Division were the responders present at the scene. Effort on going to recover all burnt vehicles off the road. Recovery operations ongoing.
General Manager LASEMA
Mr. Adesina Tiamiyu
how can dey confirm just nine bodies, how about the people driving the 54 vehicles
Re: Tanker Fire On Lagos Ibadan Expressway: Corpses Evacuated, Eyewitness Accounts by resurgent2019: 9:47pm On Jun 28, 2018
yusufyo:
will any one still blame Buhari for this? we only need prayers in this country. RIP to the deads.

We need prayers ke? All the ones we have been praying nko? grin

It seems this ongoing World Cup has not thought you anything. God has nothing to do with partiality towards nations. Faith without works is empty.

Nigeria is not just a good country. What one should pray for is his divine protection as one goes out and comes in in this Nigeria. Lobatan.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tanker Fire On Lagos Ibadan Expressway: Corpses Evacuated, Eyewitness Accounts by Salmoneus(m): 9:47pm On Jun 28, 2018
resurgent2019:
One has to meticulously plan to leave Nigeria.

I shall leave by his grace. I won’t die here. All na determination.

R.I.P to the dead.

You can't run from death, when it's your time, it's your time...
Re: Tanker Fire On Lagos Ibadan Expressway: Corpses Evacuated, Eyewitness Accounts by Dropitlykitshot(m): 9:49pm On Jun 28, 2018
This naija sef goodnews hard to comeby. I feel sorry for people who have lost thier loved ones.
Re: Tanker Fire On Lagos Ibadan Expressway: Corpses Evacuated, Eyewitness Accounts by Deltatoto: 9:50pm On Jun 28, 2018
resurgent2019:
One has to meticulously plan to leave Nigeria.

I shall leave by his grace. I won’t die here. All na determination.

R.I.P to the dead.
if y dey abroad u hear say ur broda die for such accident how will u feel?an entire family can’t leave d nation my guy let’s try our own little best to make corrections Apc and Buhari signed a pact with the devil we must get our pvcs ready.the north and west are having their fair Sha of sai baba.
Re: Tanker Fire On Lagos Ibadan Expressway: Corpses Evacuated, Eyewitness Accounts by Deltatoto: 9:52pm On Jun 28, 2018
persius555:
There's something about this otedola bridge. It is synonymous with fatal tankers explosions and car accidents. Its time we start taking notes on this.
This bridge is not the only bridge in Lagos
abi na der bros dey renew em juju?all this billionaires u can’t tell
Re: Tanker Fire On Lagos Ibadan Expressway: Corpses Evacuated, Eyewitness Accounts by kstyle2(m): 9:52pm On Jun 28, 2018
In developed nations, you rarely or almost wouldnt hear of such accidents. Means will be provided to convey diesel, petrol etc safely with ease and zero possibility of an outbreak of such. In my country nigeria, anything goes. How on earth do you carry such highly inflammable products on roads that are in terrible, with trucks that are mostly not certified to be road worthy, with reckless drivers and no road signs. We have a long way to go

1 Like

Re: Tanker Fire On Lagos Ibadan Expressway: Corpses Evacuated, Eyewitness Accounts by resurgent2019: 9:53pm On Jun 28, 2018
Salmoneus:

You can't run from death, when it's your time, it's your time...

There is too much death in Nigeria. Why are some of you so comfortable with mediocrity.

You can stay and have plenty children in Nigeria since you love her so much.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigerian In Philippines Displays Relief Items Given To Him By Government / Which Countries Are Visa-Free To Nigeria Citizens? / Ask A Pilot...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.