Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,829 members, 7,817,423 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:00 PM

Aftermath Of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Tanker Explosion (Graphic Photos) - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Aftermath Of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Tanker Explosion (Graphic Photos) (151945 Views)

Aftermath Of Explosion In Ibadan (Photos) / Floods At Lekki Phase I: The Aftermath Of The Heavy Rain On Friday (Pictures) / One Killed, Two Injured In Ijebu-Ode Gas Explosion (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aftermath Of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Tanker Explosion (Graphic Photos) by dingbang(m): 6:36am On Jun 29, 2018
HotMayo:

and they have the guts to say 'only' 9 people burnt beyond recognition. maybe they can recognise those in the bus. I'm tired of this country
well its norm for the authorities to hide the actual number of death casualties.with that magnitude of fire, e pass well well. The minister of transportation Rt hon Chibuike rotimi amaechi is so incompetent
Re: Aftermath Of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Tanker Explosion (Graphic Photos) by kunleyy(m): 6:37am On Jun 29, 2018
KingsizeD:
Buhari why ?
na Buhari dy drive abi na hin make am explode??

1 Like

Re: Aftermath Of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Tanker Explosion (Graphic Photos) by YaksonFCA(m): 6:40am On Jun 29, 2018
So sad. RIP
Re: Aftermath Of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Tanker Explosion (Graphic Photos) by sixtuso(m): 7:12am On Jun 29, 2018
R.I.P
Re: Aftermath Of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Tanker Explosion (Graphic Photos) by Esetim(f): 7:27am On Jun 29, 2018
Jesus!!!�
Re: Aftermath Of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Tanker Explosion (Graphic Photos) by bulletproofmonk(m): 7:27am On Jun 29, 2018
OP, the second picture is from 2016.I know, because I lost a friend in that gruesome accident!
Re: Aftermath Of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Tanker Explosion (Graphic Photos) by Ezechimaobim(m): 7:29am On Jun 29, 2018
God save our lives....RIP to the affected souls
Re: Aftermath Of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Tanker Explosion (Graphic Photos) by Amdoyin(m): 7:44am On Jun 29, 2018
Rip to the dead ones. May Allah forgives their shortcomings and grant them aljanat fridaou. Its such a painful way to die
Re: Aftermath Of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Tanker Explosion (Graphic Photos) by ImaIma1(f): 7:58am On Jun 29, 2018
blackgold90:
The leadership of Nigeria since 1960 is so useless.
The outcome of that uselessness is what is befalling the country. If herdsmen don't kill Boko Haram will kill or made situation will kill.
How will a petrol Laden tanker been in traffic for a long time without exploding.

The other day bayesa part of East West road was blocked by The federal road safety Corp doing mobile court,in the process constituted menace on that road.

They usually do the mobile court every market day of a market just by a town on the express to make money. Instead of doing mobile court inside Yenegoa they will come to east west expressway to block vehicles coming from other states, in the process delaying travellers causing traffic etal

Petroluem tankers coming from PH, trucks, and other motorist were all blocked last Tuesday 26/6/2018.

Some thing like this will happen there one day.

Then we will begin to pray for the dead

Thank you!!!

People are just shouting Buhari. Bad leadership since 1960.
Re: Aftermath Of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Tanker Explosion (Graphic Photos) by realmindz: 8:06am On Jun 29, 2018
dingbang:
See that bus filled with charred bodies. Lord have mercy

Lord should have had mercy before the accident...

A working nation will set up the necessary investigations to the cause of this accident and put necessary things in place for prevent future occurrences.

This is Nigeria and this is not the first time this kind-of accident is happening. We pray the most. Prayer solve no shiiit...

1 Like

Re: Aftermath Of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Tanker Explosion (Graphic Photos) by Probz(m): 8:08am On Jun 29, 2018
How many fatalities?

1 Like

Re: Aftermath Of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Tanker Explosion (Graphic Photos) by realmindz: 8:10am On Jun 29, 2018
Oluwaseun0704:
*NIGERIA PRAYS* (SPECIAL EDITION)
DAY 1 (FRIDAY: 29/06/2018)

1. Let us Worship the Lord and thank Him, proclaiming His constant love and faithfulness upon our lives, our
leaders and over everything that concerns us as a Nation. ( *1Tim. 2;1-3, Ps. 127, 92:1-2.* )

2. Dear father, we ask for forgiveness of our sins, as a nation and individual citizens, for all the insincerity in
leadership, inability to solely depend on You, idolatry, wickedness, lootings, killings and injustice that has
filled our land, have mercy on us oh Lord, cleanse us by the precious blood of Jesus tonight. ( *Jer. 7:16-19, Is. 59:1-2, 2Chr. 7:14, 1Jn. 1:9* )

3. We bring to a halt by the power of Holy Ghost, activities of the beast of reckless wickedness (incessant killings) ravaging our nation Nigeria. *(Ps. 10:15, 140:8-10)*

4. We declare desolation against the household of those who are sponsoring killings, destruction of lives and properties in this nation, let their evil devices and schemes be destroyed by the power of Holy Ghost. ( *Est. 9:25, Job 5:12* )

5. Oh God arise arise in Your mercy and power, let Your Peace prevail over this nation. ( *Ps. 122:6, 127:1* )

6. NIGERIA, hear the Word of the Lord, PEACE BE STILL. ( *Mk. 4:39, Lk. 10:19, Ps. 122:6, Is. 62:7* )

7. Let us give due praises to our God for answers to our prayer. ( *Eph. 3:20, Mk. 11:24, Phil. 4:6, Ps. 65:2, 1Jn. 5:14* ) _Beloved, find the convenient time (at least 30mins) for you to wait upon God in prayer._

This is sickening...

I'm sure not less than 95% of those that lost are either Christians or Muslims who prayed before leaving their homes.. Some have anointing oils that have been fasted and prayed upon with several psalms and koranic verses yet they died.

Prayer is uselses. Practical approach to problem solving is the way for you blacks
Re: Aftermath Of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Tanker Explosion (Graphic Photos) by Tmans1: 8:19am On Jun 29, 2018
I thought big trucks were banned from moving at day time in Lagos during fashola regime. God help us.
Re: Aftermath Of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Tanker Explosion (Graphic Photos) by Oladaizi(m): 8:25am On Jun 29, 2018
Lord have mercy on this nation, heal this land above all let thy kingdom come and count us worthy.
Re: Aftermath Of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Tanker Explosion (Graphic Photos) by CAPSLOCKED: 8:38am On Jun 29, 2018
realmindz:

This is sickening...

I'm sure not less than 95% of those that lost are either Christians or Muslims who prayed before leaving their homes.. Some have anointing oils that have been fasted and prayed upon with several psalms and koranic verses yet they died.

Prayer is uselses. Practical approach to problem solving is the way for you blacks

Vision2045:
God comfort the affected family...

its high time we hold our leaders accountable for their gross negligence....If only the order restraining this tankers from plying during the day is well enacted, these saddening event might have been averted.

Nothing said will bring them back.

RIP to the Departed Soul.

PRAYING AFTER A TRAGEDY TO A GOD WHO DIDN'T PREVENT THE TRAGEDY (EITHER BECAUSE HE COULDN'T OR BECAUSE IT'S ALL PART OF HIS MASTER PLAN) MAKES NO SENSE.

THINK.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aftermath Of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Tanker Explosion (Graphic Photos) by Evangkatsoulis: 8:42am On Jun 29, 2018
Hope no nairalander was burnt.
Re: Aftermath Of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Tanker Explosion (Graphic Photos) by Nobody: 8:43am On Jun 29, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

PRAYING AFTER A TRAGEDY TO A GOD WHO DIDN'T PREVENT THE TRAGEDY (EITHER BECAUSE HE COULDN'T OR BECAUSE IT'S ALL PART OF HIS MASTER PLAN) MAKES NO SENSE.

THINK.

God is not the problem.. we are the pillar to our own problems....

Low IQ, Selfishness,Man-know-Man, Corrupt practices,
bigotry mind set are the root cause of such occurrence, and you know what, all those traits are found in human, and the bad news is, we have lots of them in the Black Nation. Don't forget we are entitled to our freewill and when we face the consequence of wrong application of our freewill, blaming it on God is unforgiving.

A man saw the oil spill and immediately abandoned his car and informed a man still inside the car to do same, but instead the man wanted to reverse out of the scene and in just matter of seconds fire engulfed all, not justifying the other lives lost, I was pained to marrow but that scenario alone says a lot about the black man mentality

God is never to be blamed. Praying to him is one of the Solution, even if its the least.

1 Like

Re: Aftermath Of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Tanker Explosion (Graphic Photos) by emmydauner: 8:49am On Jun 29, 2018
my people tel me is nigeria under a curse? embarassed embarassed

RIP to the victims
Re: Aftermath Of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Tanker Explosion (Graphic Photos) by Horus(m): 8:52am On Jun 29, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Jyi1qJEqmY

Tanker explosion along the busy Lagos-Ibadan Expressway
Re: Aftermath Of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Tanker Explosion (Graphic Photos) by victorazyvictor(m): 8:53am On Jun 29, 2018
Skseries:
what have buhari got to do with this, u disgust me sentimental bigot

You see how f00lish you are?

Someone mentioned the name of his beloved president and your quicker than your ejaculation to jump into death.
Re: Aftermath Of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Tanker Explosion (Graphic Photos) by Horus(m): 8:57am On Jun 29, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RB6lXchUrRY

A tanker explosion and over 50 cars burned Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, claimed several lives.
Re: Aftermath Of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Tanker Explosion (Graphic Photos) by CAPSLOCKED: 8:58am On Jun 29, 2018
Vision2045:

God is not the problem.. we are the pillar to our own problems....

Low IQ, Selfishness,Man-know-Man, Corrupt practices,
bigotry mind set are the root cause of such occurrence, and you know what, all those traits are found in human, and the bad news is, we have lots of them in the Black Nation.

God is never to be blamed. Praying to him is one of the Solution, even if its the least.

PRAYING TO HIM IS ONE OF THE SOLUTION YOU SAY..

YOU KNOW GOD HAS A PLAN FOR EVERYTHING, FOR EVERYONE. WHY DO PEOPLE PRAY WHEN THERE'S ALREADY A PLAN?
I'M SURE 99 PERCENT OF THE PEOPLE INVOLVED IN THAT ACCIDENT PRAYED BEFORE THEY LEFT THEIR HOMES THAT MORNING.. PERHAPS, GOD NEGLECTED THEM BECAUSE IT WAS THEIR DESTINY TO DIE IN A FIRE DISASTER ON 28/06/2018.
REMEMBER, WHAT EVER GOD HAS DESTINED TO BE WILL BE, WHAT EVER HE SAYS WON'T HAPPEN, WON'T HAPPEN.

SO HOW IS IT POSSIBLE TO PRAY YOUR WAY OUT OF THESE DISASTERS ALREADY DESIGNED BY GOD? YOU MERE MORTAL THINK YOUR PRAYERS CAN INFLUENCE THE DECISION OF AN ETERNALLY WISE GOD.. IT IS MADNESS TO EXCUSE GOD OF THE BLAMES. IF SUPERMAN HAD SWOOPED IN AND PREVENTED THE EXPLOSION I'M SURE YOU'LL BE THANKING GOD FOR USING SUPERMAN TO COME TO THE RESCUE.

2 Likes

Re: Aftermath Of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Tanker Explosion (Graphic Photos) by dayoyak: 9:09am On Jun 29, 2018
Very sad.
Re: Aftermath Of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Tanker Explosion (Graphic Photos) by ojinku(m): 9:15am On Jun 29, 2018
"If you fail to plan, you have already planned to fail". Nigeria definitely has failed to plan. All these things that are happening in Nigeria, from herdsmen killings, our exit from world cup to this otedola bridge mayhem are as a result of lack of planning. In fact Nigeria as a structure is not even planned. I don't pray this kind thing to happen again, but how do I stop it since the Nation was not planned. It's high time we rose from the slumber, take the bull by the horn and plan the nation by ourselves before we wake up one morning and see Nigeria as extinct. Please, vote rightly in 2019. Chai, what a tragedy. RIP to the dead. My heart bleeds!!!
Re: Aftermath Of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Tanker Explosion (Graphic Photos) by Horus(m): 9:17am On Jun 29, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwhGlOSrETI

A Fuel Tanker Exploded At Lagos Ibadan Express Way Over 57 Cars Burnt
Re: Aftermath Of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Tanker Explosion (Graphic Photos) by Nobody: 9:22am On Jun 29, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

PRAYING TO HIM IS ONE OF THE SOLUTION YOU SAY..

YOU KNOW GOD HAS A PLAN FOR EVERYTHING, FOR EVERYONE. WHY DO PEOPLE PRAY WHEN THERE'S ALREADY A PLAN?
I'M SURE 99 PERCENT OF THE PEOPLE INVOLVED IN THAT ACCIDENT PRAYED BEFORE THEY LEFT THEIR HOMES THAT MORNING.. PERHAPS, GOD NEGLECTED THEM BECAUSE IT WAS THEIR DESTINY TO DIE IN A FIRE DISASTER ON 28/06/2018.
REMEMBER, WHAT EVER GOD HAS DESTINED TO BE WILL BE, WHAT EVER HE SAYS WON'T HAPPEN, WON'T HAPPEN.

SO HOW IS IT POSSIBLE TO PRAY YOUR WAY OUT OF THESE DISASTERS ALREADY DESIGNED BY GOD? YOU MERE MORTAL THINK YOUR PRAYERS CAN INFLUENCE THE DECISION OF AN ETERNALLY WISE GOD.. IT IS MADNESS TO EXCUSE GOD OF THE BLAMES. IF SUPERMAN HAD SWOOPED IN AND PREVENTED THE EXPLOSION I'M SURE YOU'LL BE THANKING GOD FOR USING SUPERMAN TO COME TO THE RESCUE.

Re: Aftermath Of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Tanker Explosion (Graphic Photos) by Larasisi(f): 9:26am On Jun 29, 2018
Which way Nigeria?
In civilized cline people go to work by train even when they have cars when ours is not functional what do you expect?
When our refineries where working pipelines link them to fuel depots till vandals learnt how to blow them up to siphon the products hence the advent of fuel tankers.
Now products are no longer refined anywhere in Nigeria they must be imported and private jetties and farm tanks abound in Lagos so all road leads to Lagos to access products
If nothing is done more of this will still happen
Policy makers when will you do the right thing?
Criminal elements when will you allow public facilities to function well?
Until then and ever more Lord have mercy on us.
Re: Aftermath Of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Tanker Explosion (Graphic Photos) by holluphemydavid(m): 9:41am On Jun 29, 2018
Pray for Nigeria
Re: Aftermath Of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Tanker Explosion (Graphic Photos) by tartar9(m): 9:51am On Jun 29, 2018
resurgent2019:

I am Yoruba but I am disgusted by this statement. We all know the igbos can be rude but what you can never accuse them of is being suicide bombers or cold hearted killers.

We know the people capable of such in this country.
But they can easily create a fake drug knowing full well it will lead to the death of thousands
Re: Aftermath Of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Tanker Explosion (Graphic Photos) by goaldynboy: 9:56am On Jun 29, 2018
I noticed that the careless driver of that danfo escaped, going by the picture, while the helpless passengers were left to roast!! God have mercy!!
Re: Aftermath Of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Tanker Explosion (Graphic Photos) by Wisebisho: 10:51am On Jun 29, 2018
Bubu is the worst thing to happen to Nigeria.. He is a bad omen.
Re: Aftermath Of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Tanker Explosion (Graphic Photos) by mrsheddy(m): 11:05am On Jun 29, 2018
If I say something now, many people will come for my head. But the bitter truth is that Nigerian government especially the bubu lead government need to apologise to Nnamdi kanu for declaring him a terrorist when he was actually fighting for injustice in the land.

Worst is about to happen to Nigerian. This is just the beginning.

Rip to the dead.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

My Experience Living And Working In The UAE / Nigeria Airways: The Nigerian Picture That Will Bring Tears To Your Eyes / Top 10 Countries In The World To Migrate To

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.