Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,166 members, 7,849,601 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 05:27 AM

Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. - Culture (92) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. (245783 Views)

Why Dont Yorubas Claim Istekiri, The Way Igbos Claim Ikwerre, Delta Igbo? / Delta Igbo,bendel Igbo,ikwerre Igbo,do They Really Matter To The Igbo Nation? / Who Is An Igbo/what Makes Someone An Igbo? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) ... (111) (Go Down)

Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by Idunobaehis(m): 7:14pm On Aug 07, 2013
Abagworo:

No part of Delta State was included in Biafra because they were in Mid-West. The plans they had was for a country to be called "Benin". Biafra wasn't an Igbo thing but Eastern region. It was rather narrowed to an Igbo thing because non-Igbos and some few Igbo groups exonerated themselves because they knew it would not succeed.

Why I called it betrayal is because what caused the whole Igbo and Biafra crisis was the sins of Delta Igbos and Igbos were fighting to save their brothers in the Mid-West from extinction of which they considered Ikas as one, but when the chips were down, Agbotaen claimed Ikas aided Nigerian forces to kill non-Ika Igbos including some Ikas at the fringe. He boasts about it. If an Efik or Yoruba man that considers me his brother is in my community and Nigerian soldiers are looking for them, I wouldn't aid in killing them.
You make me laugh. The igbos were not fighting for anybody in the Midwest. The igbos I know can never do that. Nzeogwu planned the coup with majority eastern soldiers and no igbo was killed during the coup and an easterner was the direct beneficiary in the person of Ironsi.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by Abagworo(m): 8:34pm On Aug 07, 2013
Idun'oba ehis:

You make me laugh. The igbos were not fighting for anybody in the Midwest. The igbos I know can never do that. Nzeogwu planned the coup with majority eastern soldiers and no igbo was killed during the coup and an easterner was the direct beneficiary in the person of Ironsi.

Mention the names of those involved in the coup and 90% are from Delta state while the other 10% include Southeast, Yorubas and other Nigerians. Please the history is too open to be tampered with. Ironsi wasn't involved in the coup in any way instead he was killed for prolonging the execution of the Delta Igbos involved in the coup.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by Pharoh: 9:29pm On Aug 07, 2013
Abagworo:

Mention the names of those involved in the coup and 90% are from Delta state while the other 10% include Southeast, Yoruba's and other Nigerians. Please the history is too open to be tampered with. Ironsi wasn't involved in the coup in any way instead he was killed for prolonging the execution of the Delta Igbos involved in the coup.

You should blame ifejuana, the igbo guy who handed power to ironsi and ironsi for the plight that led to the biafra crisis. Ademoyega also participated in the coup but no one touched the yoruba people because they suffered causalities and it was the lack of causalities in the east that led to the term igbo coup.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by Abagworo(m): 11:21pm On Aug 07, 2013
Pharoh:

You should blame ifejuana, the igbo guy who handed power to ironsi and ironsi for the plight that led to the biafra crisis. Ademoyega also participated in the coup but no one touched the yoruba people because they suffered causalities and it was the lack of causalities in the east that led to the term igbo coup.

How could Ifeajuna have handed over power to Ironsi when the coup wasn't successful? No Igbo was killed (both Delta Igbo and Southeast Igbo) but the coup was carried out by majority Delta Igbo and Southeasterners did not deny them even when we faced deaths and massacre because of their actions. Ironically, Ikas that were thought to be one of us (Igbos) hurriedly exonerated themselves and aided in killing other Igbos. It would have been easier for Southeasterners to join the rest of Nigeria and narrow it down to Delta Igbos and exonerate the Easterners and also fish out the Delta Igbos in the East and hand over to federal forces. So people should look at the bigger picture when making some insinuations that sound more like betrayal of a historic sacrifice.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by Idunobaehis(m): 12:08am On Aug 08, 2013
Abagworo:

How could Ifeajuna have handed over power to Ironsi when the coup wasn't successful? No Igbo was killed (both Delta Igbo and Southeast Igbo) but the coup was carried out by majority Delta Igbo and Southeasterners did not deny them even when we faced deaths and massacre because of their actions. Ironically, Ikas that were thought to be one of us (Igbos) hurriedly exonerated themselves and aided in killing other Igbos. It would have been easier for Southeasterners to join the rest of Nigeria and narrow it down to Delta Igbos and exonerate the Easterners and also fish out the Delta Igbos in the East and hand over to federal forces. So people should look at the bigger picture when making some insinuations that sound more like betrayal of a historic sacrifice.

When Ironsi was enjoying his position as head of state you didnt remember that it was a deltan that plan the coup. The fact is that Ironsi made many mistakes and he was a coward that was why the north were able to plan a coup in his nose and he was not able to anything about it. The coup wasnt really a secret coup, he saw it coming but didnt do nothing about it. Him and Ojukwu were the problem of the Igbo nation. Read this book "The Biafran War and the Nigerian Revolution" by Alexander Madiebo, Commander, Biafran Army and you will understand what am saying

1 Like

Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by pazienza(m): 12:23am On Aug 08, 2013
Pharoh:

The last time i checked, ifeajuna was from onitsha, onitsha though in south east,is an anioma town.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by pazienza(m): 12:27am On Aug 08, 2013
Idun'oba ehis:

When Ironsi was enjoying his position as head of state you didnt remember that it was a deltan that plan the coup. The fact is that Ironsi made many mistakes and he was a coward that was why the north were able to plan a coup in his nose and he was not able to anything about it. The coup wasnt really a secret coup, he saw it coming but didnt do nothing about it. Him and Ojukwu were the problem of the Igbo nation. Read this book "The Biafran War and the Nigerian Revolution" by Alexander Madiebo, Commander, Biafran Army and you will understand what am saying

There wouldn't be an ironsi,if a chukwuma nzeogwu and other anioma sons didn't decide to strike, and should ironsi have handed those anioma sons to the north,maybe things would have turned out better.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by Abagworo(m): 12:36am On Aug 08, 2013
Idun'oba ehis:

If Ironsi took power and killed Nzeogwu, Ifeajuna and others instantly, the whole crisis would have reduced. That's what I feel but he was either following due process or being sentimental. IBB killed his cousin Vatsa for treason and I respect him for that.

There's no brotherhood in law. However what Ikas did (according to Agbotaen) is betrayal of brotherhood. Someone felt safe with you as his brother and you sacrificed him in order to prove you are not related and be free from the aggressors. It smacks of cowardice and betrayal. I believe its true going by the way you people are handling this thread. What I've deduced from this thread is that the larger Igbo nation still take Ikas as one of their brothers but Ikas are fighting so hard to prove to other Nigerians that they are not one of those bad and greedy Igbons that had no kingdom etc.

I'm sure if an Ika is elected Delta Governor on Anioma platform with Igbo support, he'll be trying to prove to the Urhobos, Itsekiris, Ijaws and Isokos that Asaba, Aniocha and Ndokwa are Igbos while they are one of the minorities like the others. So in order to avoid that. Ika should be removed from Anioma ASAP ad granted minority status.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by Pharoh: 3:04am On Aug 08, 2013
^^

Self preservation is important for survival and it was not really about taking the expedient route because the aniomas have always been clear about their independence and unique identity for a long time pre civil war.

pazienza:

The last time i checked, ifeajuna was from onitsha, onitsha though in south east,is an anioma town.

On the surface he was from eastern Nigeria, so the point you were trying to make is not fully buy-able and don't forget how you people scream all the time that the whole of onitsha is not anioma land. One of the reasons anioma state has not materialized in the past was because the southeast did not want the anioma areas of anambra to be crafted into the new state.

I was fully a participant in a thread on nairaland here of recent where you guys were so bitter and argued hard here against that idea. There was so many disgusting opinion in that thread like if that's the case then let them remain in delta state as no one is going to take onitsha from anambarians. So you people should understand that we are not fools and can see beyond your fathom fake igbo brotherhood. You cannot eat your cake and have it at the same time, claim anioma areas in anambra and still turn around to tell us that ifeajuna is an anioma man.

Abagworo:

I was talking about acting president nwafor orizu handling over power to ironsi and not ifeajuna. One anioma was killed in unegbe and it was your opportunistic actions that made you targets later and the first counter killings did not come until months later. Please check the link below to see the actions of your leaders and how they brought the hammer on themselves and not forgetting the actions of ojukwu that led to the civil war.

http://www.africamasterweb.com/CounterCoup.html
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by sonya4all(m): 8:24am On Aug 08, 2013
@abagworo. remember you are entitled to your opinion. here in abia state.We have the ogua ika.where all members of the towns that comprises the ika nation.residing here meet. that's once in a month.also all these individual towns organise their own meetings. like UPU(UMUNEDE PROGRESSIVE UNION ). Agbor. owa.etc. so you see We have never fraternized with your ohaneeze. We have been independent
so don't come here and claim that the larger igbo society accepts ika As their brothers because that's mere delusional.people choose whom they want to be and not What the Almighty larger society says....I'm an ika.and proudly one.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by bigfrancis21: 10:17am On Aug 08, 2013
sonya4all: @abagworo. remember you are entitled to your opinion. here in abia state.We have the ogua ika.where all members of the towns that comprises the ika nation.residing here meet. that's once in a month.also all these individual towns organise their own meetings. like UPU(UMUNEDE PROGRESSIVE UNION ). Agbor. owa.etc. so you see We have never fraternized with your ohaneeze. We have been independent
so don't come here and claim that the larger igbo society accepts ika As their brothers because that's mere delusional.people choose whom they want to be and not What the Almighty larger society says....I'm an ika.and proudly one.

In Owerri here, we have the Enugwu-ukwu Development Union(ECDU) for all Enugwu-ukwu indigenes living in Owerri where all EU indigenes living in Owerri meet once a month. Enugwu-ukwu is a town in Anambra state, where I'm from. Does that mean that Enugwu-ukwu is not Igbo? Just because we have our own town meeting in Owerri? Does that mean that we are not part of Ohanaeze, just because we have our own town union? The owner of N. Wasco Electronics Wholesale/Retail store along Wetheral road is from Enugwu-ukwu. We have another ECDU union in Port-Harcourt too. Does that make us Non-Igbo?

If you want to give reasons to support your case, give solid and cogent reasons, please.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by sonya4all(m): 11:05am On Aug 08, 2013
am sure you don't have brains to read and understand...
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by pazienza(m): 2:30pm On Aug 08, 2013
Pharoh: ^^

Self preservation is important for survival and it was not really about taking the expedient route because the aniomas have always been clear about their independence and unique identity for a long time pre civil war.

On the surface he was from eastern Nigeria, so the point you were trying to make is not fully buy-able and don't forget how you people scream all the time that the whole of onitsha is not anioma land. One of the reasons anioma state has not materialized in the past was because the southeast did not want the anioma areas of anambra to be crafted into the new state.

I was fully a participant in a thread on nairaland here of recent where you guys were so bitter and argued hard here against that idea. There was so many disgusting opinion in that thread like if that's the case then let them remain in delta state as no one is going to take onitsha from anambarians. So you people should understand that we are not fools and can see beyond your fathom fake igbo brotherhood. You cannot eat your cake and have it at the same time, claim anioma areas in anambra and still turn around to tell us that ifeajuna is an anioma man.

I was talking about acting president nwafor orizu handling over power to ironsi and not ifeajuna. One anioma was killed in unegbe and it was your opportunistic actions that made you targets later and the first counter killings did not come until months later. Please check the link below to see the actions of your leaders and how they brought the hammer on themselves and not forgetting the actions of ojukwu that led to the civil war.

I don't know what you are talking about, edo state for strategic reasons would not like to let go igbanke, but that does not make igbanke a bini town. To make everything less ambigious,i would like a yes or no answer. Is Onitsha town, currently native to people of anioma origin? yes or no.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by pazienza(m): 2:39pm On Aug 08, 2013
Pharoh: ^^

What opportunistic action? wasn't ironsi the one that foiled the coup? what chance does a defenseless civilian like nwafor orizu stand against a military backed ironsi, remember that ironsi was the highest ranked military leader then. please, lets reason for once. i would advice you go read that book written by emma okocha, an anioma son,on asaba massacre and intrigues of the events leading up to the war.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by pazienza(m): 2:45pm On Aug 08, 2013
Abagworo:

If Ironsi took power and killed Nzeogwu, Ifeajuna and others instantly, the whole crisis would have reduced. That's what I feel but he was either following due process or being sentimental. IBB killed his cousin Vatsa for treason and I respect him for that.

There's no brotherhood in law. However what Ikas did (according to Agbotaen) is betrayal of brotherhood. Someone felt safe with you as his brother and you sacrificed him in order to prove you are not related and be free from the aggressors. It smacks of cowardice and betrayal. I believe its true going by the way you people are handling this thread. What I've deduced from this thread is that the larger Igbo nation still take Ikas as one of their brothers but Ikas are fighting so hard to prove to other Nigerians that they are not one of those bad and greedy Igbons that had no kingdom etc.

I'm sure if an Ika is elected Delta Governor on Anioma platform with Igbo support, he'll be trying to prove to the Urhobos, Itsekiris, Ijaws and Isokos that Asaba, Aniocha and Ndokwa are Igbos while they are one of the minorities like the others. So in order to avoid that. Ika should be removed from Anioma ASAP ad granted minority status.

On the last part of your post, i suspect the same. aniocha, oshimili and ukwani people must not allow these ika traitors to use them as a spring to power in delta, ika should be jettisoned from anioma project,and allowed to stand as a minority in delta, except those ika communities like ekwuoma, and igbodo. Nonsense people,ndi ara.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by bigfrancis21: 6:20pm On Aug 08, 2013
pazienza:

On the last part of your post, i suspect the same. aniocha, oshimili and ukwani people must not allow these ika traitors to use them ss a spring to power in delta, ika should be jettisoned from anioma project,and allowed to stand as a minority in delta, except those ika communities like ekwuoma, and igbodo. Nonsense people,ndi ara.

Exactly. The Ika are using the Anioma acronym to take advantage of a much larger population to hold sway as compared to their small population, of which they know can't get them anywhere or get them a state politically in Nigeria. If Anioma state is gotten now, they'll still want to discriminate between who's Igbo and not in the state.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by bigfrancis21: 6:21pm On Aug 08, 2013
That is why the Anioma state agitation never came to fruition. There's zero possibility of having an Anioma state(7th state) in South South region given that they are already complete(6) in number, and also considering other possible state cravings from the same area, for eg Ogoja state from Cross River or Torubebe State from Bayelsa. The only possibility for the actualization of Anioma state was the inclusion of the state in the South east region that is currently lacking in 1 state. The odds were more in its favour given the language and cultural similarity between Anioma and South East zone. Yet, Igbo leaders rejected the idea. It is attitudes like these from people like Agboatean, Sonny4all, ObaEhis, Pharoah etc that discouraged Igbo leaders from fighting for the actualization of the state. Why should they fight for a people that betrayed them during the war, who are also likely to betray them tomorrow? People who play double loyalty. Today they are Igbo, tomorrow they are not. Instead, they chose to go for a state creation out of the existing South east region - a region where they are very much assured of their Igboness.

Bokohalal was quick to call us land grabbers when we are not interested the least in colonizing Anioma land. If Igbo people were hungry for Anioma land, then Igbo leaders at the top would have fought for Anioma state instead of Orashi, Adada etc, actualized it and added it under south east zone, thus actualizing the so-called 'Igbo land grabbing' agenda. Yet, the opposite is the case. The Igbo people are too busy attending to their businesses or jobs to be interested in something as trivial as taking over ika land. I mean, that idea is laughable.

Tomorrow, some Anioma people will be quick to say that their south east brothers don't lend a brotherly had to them, ask about them or help them achieve anioma state or help them out in anyway. Why would we? When you furiously deny being Igbo or being brothers to the Igbo yet you want our help. What help again? You've decided to be a minority, fight for yourself then. Do you see the Hausas fighting for the Igbo or Yoruba in Nigeria? In Nigeria, every tribe is on its own and fights for its own cause. Ika fight for your cause. Don't attache under Anioma to take advantage of large numbers.

Its the Aniomas and Oshimilis I feel for. Their situation is quite pitiable. If there was anyway to adjust the western borders of Anambra state to include these regions and welcome them into the greater Igbo fold where they rightly belong, that would be the best - an option which the Ikas will not want and definitely fight against. The Ikas, and maybe Ndokwas, should be left behind in Delta state to fight their cause themselves instead of sowing the seeds of disunity and identity crisis within the Igbos of Delta state. Afterall, they are not Igbo. Remaining in Delta state with the Urhobos, Isokos, Ijaws would be the best option for them.

Even after Anioma state is created, the same Ikas will continue to breed disunity in
Anioma state between 'Igbo Aniomas' and 'Non-Igbo Aniomas'.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by tonychristopher: 4:05pm On Aug 09, 2013
bigfrancis21:

Exactly. The Ika are using the Anioma acronym to take advantage of a much larger population to hold sway as compared to their small population, of which they know can't get them anywhere or get them a state politically in Nigeria. If Anioma state is gotten now, they'll still want to discriminate between who's Igbo and not in the state.

My brother you nailed IT and this ika embarrassment is affecting the igbos indigenous in delta and majority of ika find this sons of Benin felons disgraceful look at igbodo clan look at egbuoma and some part of umunede they don't have this problems of identity crisis and the only problems is this agbotic Benin felons migrates

When you see sons of the soil you will know and when you see imigrants that were chased away from Benin you will know

IT hurts that an apple spoils the whole bunch and these Benin poultry that came into ikaland is spoiling the East west igbo relationship ..... What happened to that their small boy danshiki wearing king won't put them to order

Some bastards even said that Benin king coronate the Obi of agbor what a complex problems maybe when pope were coronating kings in France,Germany and British isle IT automatically made them Romans ..... Bunch of idiots

1 Like

Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by sonya4all(m): 4:14pm On Aug 09, 2013
all you igbons should hide your faces in shame.you have lost your tricks of claiming ika.. and now your debate has changed to Delta state politics which none of you know about ....start crying, like a believed orphan.... igbon
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by Abagworo(m): 4:35pm On Aug 09, 2013
sonya4all: all you igbons should hide your faces in shame.you have lost your tricks of claiming ika.. and now your debate has changed to Delta state politics which none of you know about ....start crying, like a believed orphan.... igbon

Get off my face you chameleon from a very poor and helpless area. Someone thinking you are his brother because you speak same language did you no wrong and ain't claiming you.

1 Like

Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by bigfrancis21: 5:56pm On Aug 09, 2013
grin grin

He has no points left therefore he resorts to name calling to cover up his defeat and utter brain blankness. Typical nairalanders syndrome. grin
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by tonychristopher: 7:08pm On Aug 09, 2013
These dudes I must say suffer post servitude induced stress and all I ask is yes you are no igbo then what are you doing on delta IGBO thread its meant for igbos not delta Benin thread does this tell you that these bastards are confused

They keep selling them a dummy that igbo will take their lands .... We are not colonials and we are republican in nature tell me where and when an igbo force has taken a small land that is not theirs or have occuptational force stationed in the desolate mentally sagged and saped ika land with due respect to sons of soil but no apology to Benin run a way wanna be chickens

Go to ika site and the official one and see that not all ika see this from these septic idiotic agbotic fellows

Thank lord that anioma isn't part of this Benin stupidity and foolery

1 Like

Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by sonya4all(m): 9:03pm On Aug 09, 2013
maybe some you igbotic urchins should read What Philip emeagwali said about onitsha...you foolishly accuse the ikas of identity crises.whereas the igbos are the most confused of all tribes. black Jews.nri, yoruba. etc. read below.

Introduction: By PHILIP EMEAGWALII am a Yoruba by birth (born in Akure, western region) and Igbo byheritage. As a native Onitsha Igbo, I trace my ancestry to Eze Chima,a prince who rebelled against the Benin royal dynasty and emigratedfrom the kingdom. Other Igbos that trace their lineage to Eze Chimainclude Onicha-Ukwu, Onicha-Olona, Onicha-Ugbo, Obior,Issele-Ukwu, Issele-Mkpima, Issele-Azagba, Ezi, Abeh and Obamkpa.Native Onitshans speak a dialect of the Igbo language with severalBenin/Yoruba words such as"Obi" (of Onitsha) and "Oba" (of Benin).In fact, the word Onitsha (Onicha) is a corruption of the god "Orisha."The bini name for River Niger is Ohinmwin. The Onicha Igbo call it"Orinmili." In a few years, we will have DNA tests that proves (ordisproves) the Onitsha-Benin-Yoruba connection.In fact, a lost dialect of the Yoruba language, called Olukwumu, isspoken in Brazil and in a few Igbo communities named Anioma,Idumu-Ogu, Ubulubu, Ugboba, Ugbodu, and Ukwunzu(M. A. Onwuejeogwu, 1987 Ahiajoku LectureThe absence Olukwumu in core Yoruba land proves that thesecommunities are the Lost Yoruba Tribe that were fleeing fromslave raiders. (Excerpt)http://www.assatashakur.org/forum/traditional/6833-yoruba-onitsha-orisha.htmlFollow this link to read up on what Emeagwuali has to say . . . ..
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by abagoro(m): 9:54pm On Aug 09, 2013
sonya4all: maybe some you igbotic urchins should read What Philip emeagwali said about onitsha...you foolishly accuse the ikas of identity crises.whereas the igbos are the most confused of all tribes. black Jews.nri, yoruba. etc. read below.

You can scroll back and read this.

Abagworo:

I think the issue here is lack of understanding on the part of the non-Igbos. It is Agbotaen that has been dragging Edo/Bini into this Igbo discussion. I think it is best if Ikas prefer not to join the Igbo bandwagon to quietly dissociate themselves from anything Anioma. There are some people of Igala origin like Ebu and Yoruba like Ukwu Nzu who have accepted joining the Igbo bandwagon while their origin is known. Stephen Okechukwu Keshi is from the Ukwu Nzu area. It is of no use accepting a betraying brother when others are willing to work with you better. Ikas might betray the Anioma dreams and I believe it is in the interest of Anioma to hold a referendum before accepting those who are like bat that neither belong to air nor land.

I guess you've not contributed anything that everyone else didn't know.

www.nairaland.com/458875/delta-igbo-bendel-igbo-what/89
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by oturugo(m): 10:59pm On Aug 09, 2013
Idun'oba ehis:

Shut up your dirty mouth,idiott. Did Igbo people deny Nzeogwu being Igbo after he murdered Ahmadu Bello?.
You are not Igbo and you have to distance your idiotic self from anything Igbo.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by oturugo(m): 11:04pm On Aug 09, 2013
sonya4all: maybe some you igbotic urchins should read What Philip emeagwali said about onitsha...you foolishly accuse the ikas of identity crises.whereas the igbos are the most confused of all tribes. black Jews.nri, yoruba. etc. read below.

Introduction: By PHILIP EMEAGWALII am a Yoruba by birth (born in Akure, western region) and Igbo byheritage. As a native Onitsha Igbo, I trace my ancestry to Eze Chima,a prince who rebelled against the Benin royal dynasty and emigratedfrom the kingdom. Other Igbos that trace their lineage to Eze Chimainclude Onicha-Ukwu, Onicha-Olona, Onicha-Ugbo, Obior,Issele-Ukwu, Issele-Mkpima, Issele-Azagba, Ezi, Abeh and Obamkpa.Native Onitshans speak a dialect of the Igbo language with severalBenin/Yoruba words such as"Obi" (of Onitsha) and "Oba" (of Benin).In fact, the word Onitsha (Onicha) is a corruption of the god "Orisha."The bini name for River Niger is Ohinmwin. The Onicha Igbo call it"Orinmili." In a few years, we will have DNA tests that proves (ordisproves) the Onitsha-Benin-Yoruba connection.In fact, a lost dialect of the Yoruba language, called Olukwumu, isspoken in Brazil and in a few Igbo communities named Anioma,Idumu-Ogu, Ubulubu, Ugboba, Ugbodu, and Ukwunzu(M. A. Onwuejeogwu, 1987 Ahiajoku LectureThe absence Olukwumu in core Yoruba land proves that thesecommunities are the Lost Yoruba Tribe that were fleeing fromslave raiders. (Excerpt)http://www.assatashakur.org/forum/traditional/6833-yoruba-onitsha-orisha.htmlFollow this link to read up on what Emeagwuali has to say . . . ..
Monkey, all your posts including the above are brainless. If Emeagwali says that 700 hundred years ago his great grand parents came from Yorubaland does not mean he is Yoruba. He today is Igbo and not Yoruba. The Yorubas are not celebrating him but the Igbos do.
Believe me, your stupidity is very alarming.

1 Like

Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by oturugo(m): 11:07pm On Aug 09, 2013
sonya4all: all you igbons should hide your faces in shame.you have lost your tricks of claiming ika.. and now your debate has changed to Delta state politics which none of you know about ....start crying, like a believed orphan.... igbon
Yet again another brainless post. Have you not read where Ika sons displayed how proud they are being Igbo?.
Since you joined this thread, nothing good has ever come from your idiotic brains. Get a life fool.

2 Likes

Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by oturugo(m): 11:10pm On Aug 09, 2013
Pharoh:

Dont go there as you know no history. Ifeajuna did not hand over power to Ironsi. He lost the mission in the south and that led to the emergence of Ironsi.
Stop the crap .
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by bigfrancis21: 11:43pm On Aug 09, 2013
oturugo:
Monkey, all your posts including the above are brainless. If Emeagwali says that 700 hundred years ago his great grand parents came from Yorubaland does not mean he is Yoruba. He today is Igbo and not Yoruba. The Yorubas are not celebrating him but the Igbos do.
Believe me, your stupidity is very alarming.

Funny enough, Emeagwali never mentioned his ancestors were yoruba or implied to mean so. He only made a hypothesis so many years ago of which he has not been able to verify or prove his hypothesis or come up with any serious back up or evidence.

The Nri kingdom is said to be the oldest kingdom in Nigeria, established between 7AD to 9AD and preceding other kingdoms in Nigeria that were established after and later rose to prominence. Carbon dating has determined that the Igbo people have been in existence in their present location since about 9AD. If the Nri kindgom, the progenitor of the Igbo race, could have existed first in the geopolitical polity of Nigeria, how come recent settlers are now being construed to have founded a very old Igbo city(Onicha) of yore?

Researchers, history writers, book writers, webmasters etc all know that Emeagwali's write up were just mere hypothesis. Little wonder, his work has never been cited by any website, major book writer, history writer etc. The average onicha man will never allude to his hypothesis, let alone a proud Onicha man.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by whyteone: 12:29am On Aug 10, 2013
By my understanding Emeagwali simply said he is yoruba by birth because he was born in yoruba land and I find this line of thought interesting.I think Nigerians should be encouraged to adopt their place of birth as it will go a long way in fostering national cohesiveness.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by OdenigboAroli(m): 2:18am On Aug 10, 2013
tonychristopher: These dudes I must say suffer post servitude induced stress and all I ask is yes you are no igbo then what are you doing on delta IGBO thread its meant for igbos not delta Benin thread does this tell you that these bastards are confused

They keep selling them a dummy that igbo will take their lands .... We are not colonials and we are republican in nature tell me where and when an igbo force has taken a small land that is not theirs or have occuptational force stationed in the desolate mentally sagged and saped ika land with due respect to sons of soil but no apology to Benin run a way wanna be chickens

Go to ika site and the official one and see that not all ika see this from these septic idiotic agbotic fellows

Thank lord that anioma isn't part of this Benin stupidity and foolery

Bros,what is "post servitude induced stress" ? Its important,biko.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by OdenigboAroli(m): 2:22am On Aug 10, 2013

And Obi of Onicha has stated Onicha are Igbo who once resided in the area of the ancient Benin kingdom. So,do we go with the Agbogidi or Emeagwali ?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) ... (111)

Some Nigerian Ethnic Groups And Their Dressing Styles (pictures) / Complaints And Notice Thread. Be Serious! / Learn How To Speak Hausa Here

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.