Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,807 members, 7,817,339 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:33 AM

Eyewitness Reveals Cause Of Otedola Bridge Explosion: Foolishness Killed Them - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Eyewitness Reveals Cause Of Otedola Bridge Explosion: Foolishness Killed Them (62108 Views)

Otedola Bridge Explosion Victim In Hospital Speaks: 'It Was Like A War' / Dashcam Footage Of Otedola Bridge Tanker Fire/Explosion / Tanker Fire On Lagos Ibadan Expressway: Corpses Evacuated, Eyewitness Accounts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Eyewitness Reveals Cause Of Otedola Bridge Explosion: Foolishness Killed Them by BloggersNG: 7:58am On Jun 29, 2018
Reporter Otunba Who is lucky to be alive after witnessing the Tanker Explosion at Otedola Bridge yesterday Evening, Has revealed what led to the unfortunate incident.

Now it all started after a bus parked where there was no bus stop to pick passengers, and this incoming Tanker was trying to dodge the bus, When the Driver stepped on the Brake, And that was it all...

But According to him The Tanker Did not explode immediately, Nigerians had a little moment to save their lives, but they were rooting to save their cars Instead..So Sad..

Read His Post Below!

Gossip From Ebiwali--
http://www.ebiwalisgossip.com/2018/06/eyewitness-reveal-what-caused-of.html

Re: Eyewitness Reveals Cause Of Otedola Bridge Explosion: Foolishness Killed Them by Nbote(m): 8:19am On Jun 29, 2018
Na d ones making video I don't really pity for... Nigerians really need to b sensitized and reoriented on actions to take in emergency situation such as dis

59 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eyewitness Reveals Cause Of Otedola Bridge Explosion: Foolishness Killed Them by Arthurwinner(m): 8:20am On Jun 29, 2018
God save us all in this country......both sane and insane ones.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eyewitness Reveals Cause Of Otedola Bridge Explosion: Foolishness Killed Them by eagleeye3: 8:32am On Jun 29, 2018
So we blame the dead? RIP has become a recurring decimal in our consciousness that we don't know what it really means.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Eyewitness Reveals Cause Of Otedola Bridge Explosion: Foolishness Killed Them by stampedconcrete: 8:43am On Jun 29, 2018
I lost my secondary school class teacher to a tanker fire. the explosion is more than what you see even in action movies. in such situations, just run and don't look back.

69 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Eyewitness Reveals Cause Of Otedola Bridge Explosion: Foolishness Killed Them by doeeyed: 10:48am On Jun 29, 2018
Oh my...

May the souls of the departed rest in peace.

Ambode's program of creating bus termini, with strict enforcement, may help prevent what set off a series of events with devastating results.

Mmmmm.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eyewitness Reveals Cause Of Otedola Bridge Explosion: Foolishness Killed Them by Nobody: 11:37am On Jun 29, 2018
Hope you know that no Matter how well you prove your smartness, You can't elude what has been destined for you. When you say foolishness make them die, was it foolishness that brought them to that road? Hadn't been they knew they wouldn't have passed that road. In this situation, stop acting like smart one.

What I can only say is that we should get prepared always.

179 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Eyewitness Reveals Cause Of Otedola Bridge Explosion: Foolishness Killed Them by wonuks(m): 11:37am On Jun 29, 2018
embarassed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Eyewitness Reveals Cause Of Otedola Bridge Explosion: Foolishness Killed Them by Danelo(m): 11:37am On Jun 29, 2018
The guy is talking because he is fortunate.
Explosions like that happens within d blink of an eye.

Don't blame the dead sir.

22 Likes

Re: Eyewitness Reveals Cause Of Otedola Bridge Explosion: Foolishness Killed Them by lonelydora: 11:38am On Jun 29, 2018
I wasn't there but i told peeps that the people that died was because they didn't escape on time. Some probably have the "nothing dey happen" mentality

65 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Eyewitness Reveals Cause Of Otedola Bridge Explosion: Foolishness Killed Them by wildcatter23(m): 11:38am On Jun 29, 2018
A similar situation like this happened years back in Onitsha around Upper Iweka. This took place in the presence of my old man. The trailer driver and the conductor took off while people who witnessed the incident were vying to collect fuel that was flowing out off the tank.

You need to see my old man with his legs that was disfigured running for dear life. He ran and ran and ran as fast as he could. The eventual explosion that claimed so many lives threw himself off into safety.

When such unfortunate circumstances happens, people are not foolish but clueless on what to do. Fuel is highly inflammable and the best way out should be the use of your God given Lexus to take to your heels and bail yourself with your legs.

In this scenario, the bus driver who created this unfortunate incident may have escaped unscathed. It's just so wrong that the carelessness of these public drivers could lead to such loss of life and property. People oblivious of what really transpired were forced to pay with their lives.

That lucky soul should be thankful and not run his mouth

70 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Eyewitness Reveals Cause Of Otedola Bridge Explosion: Foolishness Killed Them by Vested(m): 11:39am On Jun 29, 2018
My dear, times are hard.
You know how much, especially with Buhari's devalued naira, it will take to replace that car? Sometimes, it will seem wise to try to save the current one as helper no dey O!
Anyway, death will happen to us all in the end.

Meanwhile, I have a 5kva inverter and 8 solar panels for sale so you can enjoy uninterrupted power supply, like I did before batteries packed out. Check my ad.

https://www.nairaland.com/4568736/5kva-solar-inverter-8-solar

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Eyewitness Reveals Cause Of Otedola Bridge Explosion: Foolishness Killed Them by Kendumazy(m): 11:39am On Jun 29, 2018
Rip to the deads
Re: Eyewitness Reveals Cause Of Otedola Bridge Explosion: Foolishness Killed Them by Nobody: 11:39am On Jun 29, 2018
doeeyed:

Oh my...

May the souls of the departed rest in peace.

Ambode's program of creating bus termini, with strict enforcement, may help prevent what set off a series of events with devastating results.

Mmmmm.

2 Likes

Re: Eyewitness Reveals Cause Of Otedola Bridge Explosion: Foolishness Killed Them by TheAngry1: 11:40am On Jun 29, 2018
You are 'lucky' to be alive, and yet you have time to denigrate the dead? That is insensitive, no matter how try skew it. When people die, whether or not it is their 'fault', you empathize. Before you start an insensitive dos and don'ts sermon, let the situation simmer for a couple of weeks, and then revisit the incident, providing advice on how to prevent such in the future. Nobody smart o! There is a thin line between life and death; it is the Lord who shows mercy!

66 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Eyewitness Reveals Cause Of Otedola Bridge Explosion: Foolishness Killed Them by jegz25(m): 11:40am On Jun 29, 2018
One of the eyewitness said he only picked his phone and left the car, he was telling the guy behind him to leave the car and run but he didn't listen to him. RIP to the dead ones

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Eyewitness Reveals Cause Of Otedola Bridge Explosion: Foolishness Killed Them by alienvirus: 11:40am On Jun 29, 2018
I pity the innocent children and their family.

12 Likes

Re: Eyewitness Reveals Cause Of Otedola Bridge Explosion: Foolishness Killed Them by Niyinficient(m): 11:41am On Jun 29, 2018
So sad cry cry
Re: Eyewitness Reveals Cause Of Otedola Bridge Explosion: Foolishness Killed Them by marttol: 11:41am On Jun 29, 2018
How many people died??

Rip cry[color=#990000][/color] cry cry cry
Re: Eyewitness Reveals Cause Of Otedola Bridge Explosion: Foolishness Killed Them by 190theclown: 11:41am On Jun 29, 2018
Useless country undecided

2 Likes

Re: Eyewitness Reveals Cause Of Otedola Bridge Explosion: Foolishness Killed Them by Airoflaw(m): 11:41am On Jun 29, 2018
RIP to the dead,,God will give their family strength to endure...pls Nigerian when you see something that will kill you don't form big boy or strong man....RUN...

4 Likes

Re: Eyewitness Reveals Cause Of Otedola Bridge Explosion: Foolishness Killed Them by paranorman(m): 11:41am On Jun 29, 2018
So, twas foolishness that killed many and not the accident itself, according to the witness. Lives gone, sorrow for the loved ones, especially the the breadwinners. Painfull, very saddening.

Lawlessness on part of the danfo driver triggered the accident. You see why we shouldn't pity theese folks when they fall in the lands of the law, especially Lagos State traffic agency?

Snapping photos whilst still in the pool of spilled motor spirit - and he infamous gasoline aka PMS? A liquid whose latent heat of vaporization is very low?

The painfull thing is that the dead don't feel no pain no more but it's the living that feels all the pain and agony of loosing them!

Let your common sense be common o, follow your survival instincts.

20 Likes

Re: Eyewitness Reveals Cause Of Otedola Bridge Explosion: Foolishness Killed Them by SoapQueen(f): 11:41am On Jun 29, 2018
Be thankful you are alive.

15 Likes

Re: Eyewitness Reveals Cause Of Otedola Bridge Explosion: Foolishness Killed Them by gurunlocker: 11:42am On Jun 29, 2018
There's truth in what the guy wrote. When a tanker fell, it is advisable not to drive your car around it so as not to ignite fire. I have witnessed similar scenario years back where a taxi passed through a fell tanker and it ignite the fire immediately, the taxi and the people inside was burnt.

It's all ignorance!

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Eyewitness Reveals Cause Of Otedola Bridge Explosion: Foolishness Killed Them by Folashade2016(f): 11:42am On Jun 29, 2018
They will soon turn this thing into politics. Watch it. I think it should be "ignorance" not "foolishness"

check my SIGNATURE

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eyewitness Reveals Cause Of Otedola Bridge Explosion: Foolishness Killed Them by bigtt76(f): 11:42am On Jun 29, 2018
About time, danfos and other rickety mass passenger vehicles are banned from our roads. The tankers, trailers and container trucks need to be regulated. Many of these trucks are rickety and old models still being patched up. Western countries still use trucks and trailers for haulage but they are luxurious as a May Bach, I wonder why same can't be the case here in Nigeria. angry

2 Likes

Re: Eyewitness Reveals Cause Of Otedola Bridge Explosion: Foolishness Killed Them by Nobody: 11:42am On Jun 29, 2018
Useless talk.

1 Like

Re: Eyewitness Reveals Cause Of Otedola Bridge Explosion: Foolishness Killed Them by ezugegere(m): 11:43am On Jun 29, 2018
What a pity
Re: Eyewitness Reveals Cause Of Otedola Bridge Explosion: Foolishness Killed Them by oneclickng: 11:43am On Jun 29, 2018
BloggersNG:
Reporter Otunba Who is lucky to be alive after witnessing the Tanker Explosion at Otedola Bridge yesterday Evening, Has revealed what led to the unfortunate incident.

Now it all started after a bus parked where there was no bus stop to pick passengers, and this incoming Tanker was trying to dodge the bus, When the Driver stepped on the Brake, And that was it all...

But According to him The Tanker Did not explode immediately, Nigerians had a little moment to save their lives, but they were rooting to save their cars Instead..So Sad..

Read His Post Below!

Gossip From Ebiwali--
http://www.ebiwalisgossip.com/2018/06/eyewitness-reveal-what-caused-of.html

just like that? God have mercy on us.
Re: Eyewitness Reveals Cause Of Otedola Bridge Explosion: Foolishness Killed Them by WFblacc(m): 11:43am On Jun 29, 2018
imagine the nonsense, pressing phone instead of saving thier life's, smh for this kwantiri.

should i blame Buhari?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Buhari Completes The 10-Lane Superhighway Linking Port Harcourt & Oyigbo (Video) / Inside Kim Jong Un Luxury Van For Viewing Missile Launches / Man Cries Out After Seeing Overload Vehicle, Says "Road Safety Wont See This Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.