Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,081 members, 7,957,035 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 05:27 AM

Eyewitness Reveals Cause Of Otedola Bridge Explosion: Foolishness Killed Them - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Eyewitness Reveals Cause Of Otedola Bridge Explosion: Foolishness Killed Them (62255 Views)

Otedola Bridge Explosion Victim In Hospital Speaks: 'It Was Like A War' / Dashcam Footage Of Otedola Bridge Tanker Fire/Explosion / Tanker Fire On Lagos Ibadan Expressway: Corpses Evacuated, Eyewitness Accounts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eyewitness Reveals Cause Of Otedola Bridge Explosion: Foolishness Killed Them by Nobody: 11:43am On Jun 29, 2018
First to Comment is now more deadlier than HIV....some Nigerians are just too mumu
Re: Eyewitness Reveals Cause Of Otedola Bridge Explosion: Foolishness Killed Them by jegz25(m): 11:43am On Jun 29, 2018
190theclown:
Useless country undecided
na Buhari cause am abi?
Re: Eyewitness Reveals Cause Of Otedola Bridge Explosion: Foolishness Killed Them by Memphis357(m): 11:43am On Jun 29, 2018
I've nothing to say!!!!
Re: Eyewitness Reveals Cause Of Otedola Bridge Explosion: Foolishness Killed Them by okomile(f): 11:43am On Jun 29, 2018
Don't blame them.

How many pple will know what to do when they face untimely situations?

Not many can think straight at that instant.

God is our refuge.

May the souls of death rest in peace. Amen

1 Like

Re: Eyewitness Reveals Cause Of Otedola Bridge Explosion: Foolishness Killed Them by pafo(m): 11:46am On Jun 29, 2018
This is one reason why I am in full support of those danfos leaving Lagos roads. I don't know who gave those guys a license in the first place.

They will enter road and look later. Same with maruwas.

If you stay in the mainland, you go know wetin I dey talk.

4 Likes

Re: Eyewitness Reveals Cause Of Otedola Bridge Explosion: Foolishness Killed Them by 190theclown: 11:47am On Jun 29, 2018
jegz25:
na Buhari cause am abi?

whos burhari
Re: Eyewitness Reveals Cause Of Otedola Bridge Explosion: Foolishness Killed Them by Absongz(m): 11:47am On Jun 29, 2018
May the souls of the departed rest in peace,such an unfortunate occurrence.
Re: Eyewitness Reveals Cause Of Otedola Bridge Explosion: Foolishness Killed Them by sheubaba2013: 11:48am On Jun 29, 2018
Ambode bus terminals is the solution.

Looking for passengers on the main road by bus drivers has been a major challenge in the ever busy Lagos. [color=#990000][/color]

What a black Thursday. So sad

1 Like

Re: Eyewitness Reveals Cause Of Otedola Bridge Explosion: Foolishness Killed Them by Wesely01(m): 11:48am On Jun 29, 2018
BloggersNG:
Reporter Otunba Who is lucky to be alive after witnessing the Tanker Explosion at Otedola Bridge yesterday Evening, Has revealed what led to the unfortunate incident.

Now it all started after a bus parked where there was no bus stop to pick passengers, and this incoming Tanker was trying to dodge the bus, When the Driver stepped on the Brake, And that was it all...

But According to him The Tanker Did not explode immediately, Nigerians had a little moment to save their lives, but they were rooting to save their cars Instead..So Sad..

Read His Post Below!

Gossip From Ebiwali--
http://www.ebiwalisgossip.com/2018/06/eyewitness-reveal-what-caused-of.html

Nigerians RiP to the dead. When did this social media thing started Everyone there started filming and turn themselves to on scene reporter. Please stop that trend is really BAD!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Eyewitness Reveals Cause Of Otedola Bridge Explosion: Foolishness Killed Them by Nobody: 11:50am On Jun 29, 2018
jegz25:
One of the eyewitness said he only picked his phone and left the car, he was telling the guy behind him to leave the car and run but he didn't listen to him. RIP to the dead ones

Are u serious?
Re: Eyewitness Reveals Cause Of Otedola Bridge Explosion: Foolishness Killed Them by XingXhang(m): 11:50am On Jun 29, 2018
eagleeye3:
So we blame the dead? RIP has become a recurring decimal in our consciousness that we don't know what it really means.

We blame the living before they became 'dead'...

We learn from their mistakes.

Companies spend millions training people on how to manage situations as this.

It is well. Still, except the Lord keep the city, they watch in vain.

1 Like

Re: Eyewitness Reveals Cause Of Otedola Bridge Explosion: Foolishness Killed Them by Tobyarab(m): 11:52am On Jun 29, 2018
Danfos eh!!! Danfos!!!!. Now the danfo driver who caused this accident fled and is probably back on the road today. FRSC would issue driving license without any prior test, LASTMA would clear a drunk driver after being bribed. agents of death prowling our society. all because of corruption. we are in trouble.

1 Like

Re: Eyewitness Reveals Cause Of Otedola Bridge Explosion: Foolishness Killed Them by pocohantas(f): 11:55am On Jun 29, 2018
RIP to them.

Though we might want to shy away from the logical part of this incident, we still need to ask questions.

Nigerians are not well educated on how to handle emergency situations. We are no proactive on the right issue. It doesn't take us up to 10minutes to burn a robbery suspect, but time to save our own lives, we turn reporter.

Some drivers don't even know how to handle brake failure, they don't know how to use their extinguishers...how do you expect them to know the right thing to do on sighting a fallen petrol tanker?

Then the issue of insurance. We don't embrace insurance here, that's why you see people risking their life for cars.

I won't be surprised to hear the driver of that tanker is alive. Those guys have very active adrenaline.

3 Likes

Re: Eyewitness Reveals Cause Of Otedola Bridge Explosion: Foolishness Killed Them by XingXhang(m): 11:56am On Jun 29, 2018
Doctuur:
Hope you know that no Matter how well you prove your smartness, You can't elude what has been destined for you. When you say foolishness make them die, was it foolishness that brought them to that road? Hadn't been they knew they wouldn't have passed that road. In this situation, stop acting like smart one.

What I can only say is that we should get prepared always.

Your point isn't wrong BUT there's a logical way to escaping accidents. They call it SAFETY

2 Likes

Re: Eyewitness Reveals Cause Of Otedola Bridge Explosion: Foolishness Killed Them by damrmd02(f): 11:56am On Jun 29, 2018
These was what really kill people, stupidity.. All in all we still say is God.. I am very sure the fire did not start immediately.. I want to safe my car, I want to video it, I am an eye witness kill them..May dier soul rest in peace,May God give There family heart to bear the loss... #prayfornija#

1 Like

Re: Eyewitness Reveals Cause Of Otedola Bridge Explosion: Foolishness Killed Them by spiralwedge(m): 11:59am On Jun 29, 2018
bigtt76:
About time, danfos and other rickety mass passenger vehicles are banned from our roads. The tankers, trailers and container trucks need to be regulated. Many of these trucks are rickety and old models still being patched up. Western countries still use trucks and trailers for haulage but they are luxurious as a May Bach, I wonder why same can't be the case here in Nigeria. angry

The bottom line is that we don't value lives
Re: Eyewitness Reveals Cause Of Otedola Bridge Explosion: Foolishness Killed Them by NIGHTMARE0O7: 11:59am On Jun 29, 2018
Rip
Re: Eyewitness Reveals Cause Of Otedola Bridge Explosion: Foolishness Killed Them by Nobody: 12:00pm On Jun 29, 2018
that man is a fool abeg
Re: Eyewitness Reveals Cause Of Otedola Bridge Explosion: Foolishness Killed Them by XingXhang(m): 12:01pm On Jun 29, 2018
okomile:
Don't blame them.

How many pple will know what to do when they face untimely situations?

Not many can think straight at that instant.

God is our refuge.

May the souls of death rest in peace. Amen

Some did not think straight because their minds were bent on "would I leave my car here? No way I could save this car! " My condolences to them all. But we've got to learn something and learn it well, SAFETY.

1 Like

Re: Eyewitness Reveals Cause Of Otedola Bridge Explosion: Foolishness Killed Them by san316(m): 12:02pm On Jun 29, 2018
Doctuur:
Hope you know that no Matter how well you prove your smartness, You can't elude what has been destined for you. When you say foolishness make them die, was it foolishness that brought them to that road? Hadn't been they knew they wouldn't have passed that road. In this situation, stop acting like smart one.

He is only saying it to sensitize people on how to behave in situations like this. If we'll leave everything to fate, then we'll just sit down for manna to fall from heavens but no, we have to stand up and let our efforts count. Isn't it foolishness to see an unclad danger and still standby recording? Is it not foolishness to insist on saving ur car at the expense of your life? That is what the guy is saying, we must learn to be smart in such situations.

7 Likes

Re: Eyewitness Reveals Cause Of Otedola Bridge Explosion: Foolishness Killed Them by TheAlchemist: 12:03pm On Jun 29, 2018
doeeyed:

Oh my...

May the souls of the departed rest in peace.

Ambode's program of creating bus termini, with strict enforcement, may help prevent what set off a series of events with devastating results.

Mmmmm.

Do you believe the danfo drivers will enter those bus terminals? Remember THIS IS NIGERIA
Re: Eyewitness Reveals Cause Of Otedola Bridge Explosion: Foolishness Killed Them by ba7man(m): 12:03pm On Jun 29, 2018
Those danfo drivers lives are less valuable and are expendable.

They try that nonsense Every time and I'm sometimes tempted to hit the bus just to cause an accident.......but then I see their innocent passengers .

2 Likes

Re: Eyewitness Reveals Cause Of Otedola Bridge Explosion: Foolishness Killed Them by spiralwedge(m): 12:03pm On Jun 29, 2018
NIGHTMARE0O7:

Wait u mean there were people trying to make video and got burnt? undecided

They want to show the devil a proof that his hell is a learner. Nigeria is the real hell
Re: Eyewitness Reveals Cause Of Otedola Bridge Explosion: Foolishness Killed Them by KingCassy(m): 12:05pm On Jun 29, 2018
So sad
Rip to the dead

You've got ITunes or Amazon gift card to sell, you need mtn data at #600/gb and #1200/2gb, you have airtime you want to convert to cash?? Check out my Nairaland thread https://www.nairaland.com/4515770/kobohub-itunes-mtn-data-se
Re: Eyewitness Reveals Cause Of Otedola Bridge Explosion: Foolishness Killed Them by dadee007(m): 12:06pm On Jun 29, 2018
I'm sure the kids in the school bus were not pressing their phones. Let us respect the dead.

2 Likes

Re: Eyewitness Reveals Cause Of Otedola Bridge Explosion: Foolishness Killed Them by Moorish: 12:06pm On Jun 29, 2018
Arthurwinner:
God save us all in this country......both sane and insane ones.

1 Like

Re: Eyewitness Reveals Cause Of Otedola Bridge Explosion: Foolishness Killed Them by Nobody: 12:06pm On Jun 29, 2018
I beg to disagree with you,
It is called learning from experience, do you know how many people would have been saved assuming they have this knowledge of abandoning the cars, quit taking pictures and save your lives first.
Let's not attribute everything to fate, rather let give more attention to safety first. A lot could have survived if their response time was fast.

God save their souls and grant them eternal rest... Amen

TheAngry1:
You are 'lucky' to be alive, and yet you have time to denigrate the dead; that is insensitive, no matter how you choose to twist it. When people die, whether or not it is a fault of theirs, you empathize. Let the situation simmer for a couple of weeks, and then revisit the incident, providing advice on how to prevent such in the future. Nobody smart o! There is a thin line between life and death; it is the Lord who shows mercy!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eyewitness Reveals Cause Of Otedola Bridge Explosion: Foolishness Killed Them by Follygunners: 12:07pm On Jun 29, 2018
...and instead you'll see foolish Nigerians blaming the month if June, Buhari, Devil etc...

Whatever is wrong with Nigeria is definitely the citizens.
Re: Eyewitness Reveals Cause Of Otedola Bridge Explosion: Foolishness Killed Them by Gkemz: 12:07pm On Jun 29, 2018
It was glaringly obvious that they were trying to save not their lives but their cars when they had chances. If you take a closer look at the accident scene, you'll observe it.

1 Like

Re: Eyewitness Reveals Cause Of Otedola Bridge Explosion: Foolishness Killed Them by TheAngry1: 12:09pm On Jun 29, 2018
emror4u:
I beg to disagree with you,
It is called learning from experience, do you know how many people would have been saved assuming they have this knowledge of abandoning the cars, quit taking pictures and save your lives first.
Let's not attribute everything to fate, rather let give more attention to safety first. A lot could have survived if their response time was fast.

God save their souls and grant them eternal rest... Amen

Fact is, they are dead! Why rub it in? Their families are reading and listening to commentaries, how do you think it makes them feel? We lack empathy in this part of the world walahi!

1 Like

Re: Eyewitness Reveals Cause Of Otedola Bridge Explosion: Foolishness Killed Them by Generalkorex(m): 12:11pm On Jun 29, 2018
stampedconcrete:
I've lost my primary school teacher to a tanker fire. the explosion is more than what you see even in action movies. in such situations, just run and don't look back.
5th may 2010 something like this happened on Lagos - Ibadan express way. Academy to be precise. A little boy among others lost his life. I can't ever forget that day
Re: Eyewitness Reveals Cause Of Otedola Bridge Explosion: Foolishness Killed Them by Jethrolite(m): 12:12pm On Jun 29, 2018
Doctuur:

Stop this your analysis jare, there was a guy who quickly saw the oncoming danger, jumped out of his car and while running to the other side of the bridge told the golf driver behind him to do same. The golf driver looked at him like he was a fool. He said he had barely made the crossing when the fire started.

Nobody is destined to die such a brutal death.

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Welcome To Ikeja Bus Terminal, Lagos. See More Photos / Big Joe Bus & Trailer In Accident After Okene, All Passengers Die (Graphic) / Khalid Al-makura: Drunk Governor’s Son Crushes 6 Persons In Motor Accident

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.