Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,775 members, 7,810,015 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:45 PM

Dashcam Footage Of Otedola Bridge Tanker Fire/Explosion - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Dashcam Footage Of Otedola Bridge Tanker Fire/Explosion (62827 Views)

Owner And Driver Of The Otedola Bridge Tanker To Be Prosecuted By LASG / Otedola Bridge Tanker Fire: Smell Of Burnt Human Flesh Filled The Air - Reporter / Otedola Bridge Lagos Tanker Fire: Man Narrates How He Escaped (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dashcam Footage Of Otedola Bridge Tanker Fire/Explosion by Daeylar(f): 6:22pm On Jun 29, 2018
Religion as a whole is complete trash
You are just exemplifying the many reasons why.

People died and all you can do is drag attention to yourself and praise yourself at the expense of the dead,

Your grace and everyone's grace is different. Blah blah blah, the arrogance,

Zero common sense to know that praising and hyping yourself and your ridiculous grace at a time where people died and at the expense of those dead is a very idiotic thing to do

[s]
FortifiedCity:
Yesterday I made a comment https://www.nairaland.com/4588360/otedola-bridge-lagos-tanker-explosion#68911801about how I and my family are supernaturally excused from disasters and can never die via a mishap, and I got the highest mentions since I joined this forum with people saying a whole lot. This is what I believe and it's working for me

We might/might not be age mates but we are definitely not grace mates. Grace speaks for me

My condolences to the bereaved
[/s]

8 Likes

Re: Dashcam Footage Of Otedola Bridge Tanker Fire/Explosion by MRdobo(m): 6:23pm On Jun 29, 2018
Why can't there be a Tanker curfew, meaning they can only transport fuel between 10pm to 6am?

Another solution is Lagos state subjecting tanker vehicles to 6 months MOT..... Brakes, clutches, engines, tyres and tanker load itself are subjected to 6 months checks, if the vehicle is more than 2 years old.....

Thirdly, road safety should routinely stop tanker drivers and subject them to alcohol and license checks.... Alcohol checks to see check if they not intoxicated and license checks to ensure the driver is authorised to drive the vehicle....

We don't need prayers, we need action.... Praying for a problem that has solution is praying amiss and insulting God.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dashcam Footage Of Otedola Bridge Tanker Fire/Explosion by Nobody: 6:23pm On Jun 29, 2018
Okay so the first report was wrong. It wasn’t caused by a bus stopped at a wrong location.

1) truck engine stalled

2) truck lost air brakes due to no reserve air

3) motor boys were unable to stop truck with shocks

4) truck rolled back and jackknifed

Cause of all those deaths?

Improperly maintained brake system on truck.

Quote me anywhere.

When I see trucks in Nigeria, I run. Ask my driver, Brother Naim.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dashcam Footage Of Otedola Bridge Tanker Fire/Explosion by nazablossom(f): 6:27pm On Jun 29, 2018
Sirpaul:
I just bought corn now, cut it into two and put half inside my pocket... I don't want that "cut for me.. cut for me things
lol,this is hilarious. I can relate.

1 Like

Re: Dashcam Footage Of Otedola Bridge Tanker Fire/Explosion by Nobody: 6:28pm On Jun 29, 2018
There's a habit of Nigerians seeing things happening and they slow down to witness what's going on,I bet you there's nothing slowing the flow of commuters but someone trying to get a shot.i have witness when a sewage truck caught fire and people where slowing down to take pictures.
Re: Dashcam Footage Of Otedola Bridge Tanker Fire/Explosion by themodernman: 6:31pm On Jun 29, 2018
XingXhang:

I've watched the video....
To be honest, that's a man that knows SAFETY.

He saw the probability of an accident because of he had knowledge. Others didn't. Otherwise, one person could have stopped cars from coming further. Call him an evangelist. embarassed embarassed embarassed

He's the real Evangelist, not those ones scaring people with dates....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dashcam Footage Of Otedola Bridge Tanker Fire/Explosion by Nobody: 6:32pm On Jun 29, 2018
EgunMogaji:
Okay so the first report was wrong. It wasn’t caused by a bus stopped at a wrong location.

1) truck engine stalled

2) truck lost air brakes due to no reserve

3) motor boys were unable to stop truck with shocks

4) truck rolled back and jackknifed

Cause of all those deaths?

Improperly maintained brake system on truck.

Quote me anywhere.

When I see trucks in Nigeria, I run. Ask my driver, Brother Naim.

I'm not very religious, but I understand why the Quran says there's a special place in hell for liars. These useless bloggers belong there. After the bridge suicide tales, I'm not even sure I believe this
Re: Dashcam Footage Of Otedola Bridge Tanker Fire/Explosion by Goddex: 6:38pm On Jun 29, 2018
tempest01:
Human beings...who is the person that said a passenger bus moved in without checking and then caused the accident?

The bus would have gone na

1 Like

Re: Dashcam Footage Of Otedola Bridge Tanker Fire/Explosion by themodernman: 6:40pm On Jun 29, 2018
MRdobo:
Why can't there be a Tanker curfew, meaning they can only transport fuel between 10pm to 6am?

Another solution is Lagos state subjecting tanker vehicles to 6 months MOT..... Brakes, clutches, engines, tyres and tanker load itself are subjected to 6 months checks, if the vehicle is more than 2 years old.....

Thirdly, road safety should routinely stop tanker drivers and subject them to alcohol and license checks.... Alcohol checks to see check if they not intoxicated and license checks to ensure the driver is authorised to drive the vehicle....

We don't need prayers, we need action.... Praying for a problem that has solution is praying amiss and insulting God.

Are you kidding me?

Nigerians are prolly the smartest people on earth, don't you think we know all these things already?

But I can bet the same rules we create, we'll find a way of outsmarting and breaking it at the same time.

Nigeria is a functionally Lawless country jarey...leave tory...

3 Likes

Re: Dashcam Footage Of Otedola Bridge Tanker Fire/Explosion by Nobody: 6:45pm On Jun 29, 2018
Yesterday, I commended the efforts of Lagos State Agencies for their response to the sad incident & the situation report released yesterday by LASEMA's General Manager. This shows not everything is bad about Nigeria. Lagos is working. Lagos has so many agencies in different areas from finance, Judiciary, commerce down to transport & emergency management where the agencies at work yesterday night till this morning carried out their duties.

That is why the casualties are not much and the road cleared less than 24hrs. Continuity from Tinubu, Fashola to Ambode has made management of large government ministries & agencies a working one.

1 Like

Re: Dashcam Footage Of Otedola Bridge Tanker Fire/Explosion by alsudaes1(m): 6:46pm On Jun 29, 2018
Daeylar:
This makes it different,
They just made it seem as though the tanker had an accident and people knew, and it was so obvious that people were leaving their cars and rubbing away.

But it seems as though the tanker was parked to the side before it exploded, how were people who were coming from behind supposed to know that there was something wrong with the tanker?
The guy who was blaming the dead saying they had a chance to escape was out of line.

I see no chance here escape, If not that this guy was lucky enough to drive past the trailer before it exploded , he would have died too,

That was very crass of the person who blamed the dead.

Spot on bro.

The guy with the dashcam was lucky, as at when the video started, he never knew a tanker was sliding backwards.
It was obvious that the people on board the vehicles behind must have scamper for safety too, perhaps some trapped in their vehicle due to inability to fully open their doors cos vehicles will be so close.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dashcam Footage Of Otedola Bridge Tanker Fire/Explosion by tealaw(m): 6:48pm On Jun 29, 2018
na God save u my man. u for turn roast meat. careless attitude of nigerian business owners. unfortunately, liable mutherf**kers gon walk free.

2 Likes

Re: Dashcam Footage Of Otedola Bridge Tanker Fire/Explosion by Nobody: 6:49pm On Jun 29, 2018
frowland:
I dont know why people dont use dash cam
I have them in all my cars. Many advantages, especilally when there is an accident, kidnapping, or false allegation by officials.
We will get there

2 Likes

Re: Dashcam Footage Of Otedola Bridge Tanker Fire/Explosion by Riodiao(m): 6:54pm On Jun 29, 2018
babaolofin:
Yesterday, I commended the efforts of Lagos State Agencies for their response to the sad incident & the situation report released yesterday by LASEMA's General Manager. This shows not everything is bad about Nigeria. Lagos is working. Lagos has so many agencies in different areas from finance, Judiciary, commerce down to transport & emergency management where the agencies at work yesterday night till this morning carried out their duties.

That is why the casualties are not much and the road cleared less than 24hrs. Continuity from Tinubu, Fashola to Ambode has made management of large government ministries & agencies a working one.

stupid afonja , apc ,zombie,fool that's what you are

1 Like

Re: Dashcam Footage Of Otedola Bridge Tanker Fire/Explosion by StackNerd: 6:54pm On Jun 29, 2018
babaolofin:

Have you lost your mind... Why must you turn this to propaganda.

4 Likes

Re: Dashcam Footage Of Otedola Bridge Tanker Fire/Explosion by kolawoleibukun2: 6:55pm On Jun 29, 2018
bwhehehehe you no well oh my guy.
I day vex before but I just laugh kee myself just now.
Sirpaul:
I just bought corn now, cut it into two and put half inside my pocket... I don't want that "cut for me.. cut for me things

1 Like

Re: Dashcam Footage Of Otedola Bridge Tanker Fire/Explosion by bendike: 6:56pm On Jun 29, 2018
kpokpo1:
Why did they told that the tanker had a break failure? From the dash board footage it's not so na. RIP to the dead.
Its still brake failure. Air must have finished in the air brake air tank hence the inability of the driver to stop the truck from rolling backwards. Notice the motor boy trying to put a wedge on the wheels to stop it rolling back.

4 Likes

Re: Dashcam Footage Of Otedola Bridge Tanker Fire/Explosion by frowland(m): 6:59pm On Jun 29, 2018
Diso60090:

Cars? Bros i know you very well even rubber car you
Nor get

A

If you say so mate! Not everyone is as poor as you.
You can make out time to check my old posts and see my house, my family, pets and cars..
I am not like you on a RENTED one bedroom flat, drivig maybe a toyota corrola 1999 model with mobile data instead of WiFi.
Re: Dashcam Footage Of Otedola Bridge Tanker Fire/Explosion by Nobody: 6:59pm On Jun 29, 2018
oyb:

I'm not very religious, but I understand why the Quran says there's a special place in hell for liars. These useless bloggers belong there. After the bridge suicide tales, I'm not even sure I believe this

The date on the dash cam is yesterdays date. But who knows.

Re: Dashcam Footage Of Otedola Bridge Tanker Fire/Explosion by MRdobo(m): 7:00pm On Jun 29, 2018
themodernman:

Are you kidding me?

Nigerians are prolly the smartest people on earth, don't you think we know all these things already?

But I can bet the same rules we create, we'll find a way of outsmarting and breaking it at the same time.

Nigeria is a functionally Lawless country jarey...leave tory...

Knowing people will outsmart a rule shouldn't be an excuse at least not to try. Progress is gradual, if of all the ideas I mentioned, If 1 or 2 are correctly enforced and lives are saved, we've made progress. People coming after us can start from a much better place.

2 Likes

Re: Dashcam Footage Of Otedola Bridge Tanker Fire/Explosion by khalids: 7:01pm On Jun 29, 2018
That looked real scary....there was traffic, the tanker started rolling backwards.....crashed and exploded

So why so much disinformation by people.....I'm not sure how much time people would have had to escape....people would have been in panic.....even me watching the video, my heart skipped a beat seeing the tanker rolling back

Besides its traffic and its not easy to know whats happening in front of you.......

5 Likes

Re: Dashcam Footage Of Otedola Bridge Tanker Fire/Explosion by bendike: 7:01pm On Jun 29, 2018
kpokpo1:
And the report was that the tanker failed break. Tanker that jejely parked b4 him explode my ppl una see am?
Its still brake failure. Air must have finished in the air brake air tank hence the inability of the driver to stop the truck from rolling backwards. Notice the motor boy trying to put a wedge on the wheels to stop it rolling back.

1 Like

Re: Dashcam Footage Of Otedola Bridge Tanker Fire/Explosion by frowland(m): 7:02pm On Jun 29, 2018
Sanchase:

Where can i get one at affordable price ?

Dashcams are very cheap and affordable and sold in almost all car shops around. It have nothing special, just camcoder and a memory card to record daily movements. Its configured to start working as soon as the car starts.
Re: Dashcam Footage Of Otedola Bridge Tanker Fire/Explosion by Omonaijani: 7:04pm On Jun 29, 2018
o ga o

do you have a gtbank account, see this: https://campusbiz.com.ng/gtbank-transfer-code/
Re: Dashcam Footage Of Otedola Bridge Tanker Fire/Explosion by frowland(m): 7:06pm On Jun 29, 2018
bendike:

That tanker is definitely not road worthy and whoever that renewed the road worthiness in licencing office needs to be punished. Time to take that very seriouse as their are loads of vehicles like that on our roads.

2 Likes

Re: Dashcam Footage Of Otedola Bridge Tanker Fire/Explosion by TOPCRUISE(m): 7:07pm On Jun 29, 2018
shocked shocked The great narrow escape.
The unlucky ones tried to drive off quickly as possible like this guy. Yet we condemn them that they ought to have left their cars and take to their heels.
Atimes our actions are quite synonymous to that of goats

5 Likes

Re: Dashcam Footage Of Otedola Bridge Tanker Fire/Explosion by naijaboylive(m): 7:10pm On Jun 29, 2018
This guy probably my have ignited the fuel which was already spilling on the ground. He was driving too close to the tanker and receiving a call. He could have ended that call when he noticed a tanker carrying fuel was leaking.

2 Likes

Re: Dashcam Footage Of Otedola Bridge Tanker Fire/Explosion by jey4all(m): 7:12pm On Jun 29, 2018
Bodylover:
I have watched it, imagine life wasted on that bridge.

I think Otedola father’s spirit is not happy that his son his wasting his money on his useless daughters.
Bros u too yarn

angry
Re: Dashcam Footage Of Otedola Bridge Tanker Fire/Explosion by JennyOfOldstones(f): 7:15pm On Jun 29, 2018
naijaboylive:
This guy probably my have ignited the fuel which was already spilling on the ground. He was driving too close to the tanker and receiving a call. He could have ended that call when he noticed a tanker carrying fuel was leaking.
Yes, I was thinking the same too
Re: Dashcam Footage Of Otedola Bridge Tanker Fire/Explosion by Nobody: 7:16pm On Jun 29, 2018
Riodiao:

stupid lipsrsealed afonja , apc ,zombie,fool that's what you are

Yes. I am a Yoruba man & a very objective one. I don't understand what you called afonja because of your foolishness & uncivilized noise making attitude that has made you an endangered species worldwide. You make noise , beat chest & yet achieve nothing only to cry.

What happened yesterday could have been more catastrophic if agencies were not on ground. For the head of LASEMA to have sent out Situation Report last night to media which was also published on nairaland just when speculations & apprehension were high shows the organization management & TQM level of that institution.

Institutions are not built in a day. What annoyed you is because of the very large Lagos State MDAs second to FG that I mentioned whose development was traced from Tinubu to Ambode. You can jump into lagoon if you hate the personality involved.

4 Likes

Re: Dashcam Footage Of Otedola Bridge Tanker Fire/Explosion by opribo(m): 7:19pm On Jun 29, 2018
Why are there so many terrible things happening all at the sametime.
Re: Dashcam Footage Of Otedola Bridge Tanker Fire/Explosion by kfrosh: 7:19pm On Jun 29, 2018
It's called rolling back when a truck is moving backwards in such position, something extraordinary needs to stop it.
kpokpo1:
Why did they told that the tanker had a break failure? From the dash board footage it's not so na. RIP to the dead.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

This Is Iyana-ipaja Bus Stop In 2015 - (pics) / Skywalk Bridge At Oshodi Installed By Lagos State Government (Photos) / A Nairalander's Trip To City Of Alameda In Northern California USA (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.