Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,648 members, 7,813,183 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:18 AM

What Almost Broke Your Faith In GOD And How You Overcame It? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Almost Broke Your Faith In GOD And How You Overcame It? (13519 Views)

Signs You Are Losing Faith In God / End Time Sign: Most Christians' Faith In God Is At All Time Low / What Experiences Strengthened Your Faith In God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Almost Broke Your Faith In GOD And How You Overcame It? by IamBroke(m): 12:09pm On Mar 14, 2021
I could still remember when I lost ma grandma and dad years ago.. things were hard,we barely eat infact most times we got feed by the neighbors..but I thank God today things are much better at least...

I almost lost ma faith in God but I am happy that God help me through...

So What almost broke your FAITH in GOD and how you overcame it?

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Almost Broke Your Faith In GOD And How You Overcame It? by Righteousness2(m): 12:25pm On Mar 14, 2021
Personally I have had times when it looked like the World is Collasping on me, but there is an understanding I have about GOD that keeps me going.

GOD is never at Fault for whatever evil that happens! HE is the only Good GOD. HE is Faithful. So when things go wrong, I check myself , Repent and ask for Mercy. The Fault must be from me.

Secondly as long as I didn't break the hedge,
As I long as I Trust, Believe, Live my life for HIM, and Communicate with HIM in Prayers, Whatever Happens is For my Good.

Even if the Earth wants to Collaspe on me, I Follow HIM

Trusting GOD is very important! Irrespective of what you are seeing! Not just in mouth but in firm belief. Supply GOD unwavering faith and trust, you will see Mysterious Mysteries..

70 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Almost Broke Your Faith In GOD And How You Overcame It? by IamBroke(m): 3:04pm On Mar 14, 2021
Lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: What Almost Broke Your Faith In GOD And How You Overcame It? by NwaNimo1(m): 3:11pm On Mar 14, 2021

5 Likes

Re: What Almost Broke Your Faith In GOD And How You Overcame It? by bupounds: 3:12pm On Mar 14, 2021
T
Re: What Almost Broke Your Faith In GOD And How You Overcame It? by Offpoint1: 3:12pm On Mar 14, 2021
Too many unanswered prayers, I quit praying and start working more, building myself more, learning more skills and I start getting results and I say what's the point? Everything you prayed for doesn't happen until you work for it... then what's the point of the prayers? If I asked my earthly father's stuffs and he continuously doesn't give me until I work for it, what's the point of asking? let me start working for it since it's more effective than asking for it.

There are too many things we don't want to speak up both Christians and Muslims because we're too afraid of the hell threats... 50% of humans are serving God out of fear of hell, the rest 50% are serving God out of personal greed which is promised of heaven.

If you're down at accident scene with injuries, no amount of prayers will save you if you're not taking to hospital for medical attention
In sickness it's still the same
In needs your fellow humans will be at your mercy when you speak up or when they noticed the signs.

Maybe the Brain behind our existence Left us to our own faith,
Maybe he made us to be our own gods by having each others backs.

I've gotten to the stage I'm no longer afraid to ask questions, I've stopped buying that "you can't question God" lines pastors and preachers had been giving me... I've stopped buying "the portal and clay" analogy. Clay doesn't complain about how the portal mould it because it's an inanimate object with no consciousness... Don't expect me to be like that.

Don't mistake me for an atheist

99 Likes 10 Shares

Re: What Almost Broke Your Faith In GOD And How You Overcame It? by Ogilinsaka: 3:13pm On Mar 14, 2021
When I was diagnosed with 2 types of cancers.
One terminal and one surface cancer...

Guess what? I am very alive

Glory to God

106 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Almost Broke Your Faith In GOD And How You Overcame It? by pozehnani(f): 3:13pm On Mar 14, 2021
When I didn't have a job for a very long time and as a devoted christian, no boyfriend. My world was crashing before me.

Meanwhile there was this American big shot ( returnee) that was pestering me but I've been turning him down.

One very day things got so worse that the devil ministered to me to go and meet this man. I kept pushing the thought untill around 8pm. Then it came on strongly.

I began to dress up. Immediately I picked up my trousers, I heard the sound of a heavy rain. As in... The rain didn't start with drizzles. It came in very heavy torrential drops and didn't stop till well into midnight. I couldn't go anylonger.

Now, when this thing happened, it wasn't rainy season. So I knew it was God who helped me overcome that temptation. So I turned and cried bitterly to God that night feeling sorry for nearly giving in to temptation. I slept like a baby that night and somehow experienced a peace that I still can't describe.

After a few months of continous prayers, studying the Bible ( especially the books of apostle Paul and how he hoped against hope in his trying times) and begging God not to let me fall, he surprised me in ways I least expected. And one of the things I asked God was that he should settle me to be on my own. I'm done working under people and God did exactly that.

Today, I look back and I'm greatful to God for not letting me fall.

God held me close. so I wouldn't let go.

168 Likes 8 Shares

Re: What Almost Broke Your Faith In GOD And How You Overcame It? by Crypto4life: 3:13pm On Mar 14, 2021
the fact that the almighty God could create such a fvcked up and evil world, broke my faith in him, and I have not over come it.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Almost Broke Your Faith In GOD And How You Overcame It? by Vokians(m): 3:14pm On Mar 14, 2021
IamBroke:
I could still remember when I lost ma grandma and dad years ago.. things were hard,we barely eat infact most times we got feed by the neighbors..but I thank God today things are much better at least...

Your Monika doesn't speak well of your Faith in God.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Almost Broke Your Faith In GOD And How You Overcame It? by Bluev: 3:16pm On Mar 14, 2021
@ops but ur moniker says u're Broke

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Almost Broke Your Faith In GOD And How You Overcame It? by Ogilinsaka: 3:16pm On Mar 14, 2021
Goodgurlyy:
Lack of customers

What type of customers?

2 Likes

Re: What Almost Broke Your Faith In GOD And How You Overcame It? by kesonas(m): 3:16pm On Mar 14, 2021
Hmmmmmmmmmmm.
Re: What Almost Broke Your Faith In GOD And How You Overcame It? by MansoryMX(m): 3:16pm On Mar 14, 2021
grin
Re: What Almost Broke Your Faith In GOD And How You Overcame It? by valentineuwakwe(m): 3:17pm On Mar 14, 2021
poverty then in AJEGUNLE. .it was terrible...but mom will sing R.Kelly 'sign of victory 'song then, made us believe more in working hard and being honest.
with that we all overcome - we join the secret service, we became nurses in the U.S., we join the banking sector, we join the entrepreneurship course in Nigeria, above all we thank him for doing many impossible things in our life and families!

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Almost Broke Your Faith In GOD And How You Overcame It? by LordKO(m): 3:19pm On Mar 14, 2021
The bible. A great book it's, just like most of its contemporaries, however, it's far from representing God absolutely. It makes it easier for one who's in tune with their subconscious, but isn't discerning enough, to jettison both God and religion to embrace atheism.

My ability to personally create and encrypt my own concept of God saved me from losing faith in him or embracing atheism. But it surely made me lose faith in religion.

In the end, I arrived at being SBNR.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Almost Broke Your Faith In GOD And How You Overcame It? by OgbanjeProphet: 3:20pm On Mar 14, 2021
I lost not only faith but also belief in God for like three days when I was first taught EVOLUTION in my Junior secondary school.

After series of encounters with the Divine, I can now question only the concept of God and not His existence.

But you eeh, Covid-19 and Ebola made me questioned the efficacy of most of our religious practices.

For example, Why am I being forced to wear face mask in the presence of God by the same people that teach me that God is above everything?

Why was the church, the dwelling place of the omnipotent God under lock and key during the lock down last year?

And why is it difficult for witch doctors who claim to possess the power to cure the incurable to produce cure for HIV, covid-19 etc?

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Almost Broke Your Faith In GOD And How You Overcame It? by Sonnobax15(m): 3:20pm On Mar 14, 2021
lipsrsealed
Me losing my mom at the age of 12years didn't only break but completely broke my faith in God...For years,i questioned God and never believed in his existence...A good woman at that, why'd she die just like that? Leaving me and my immediate younger brother alone....

Sometimes even when I find myself in church,I just dey wonder if there's any need for that but for sure,I know there's a supernatural being called God..

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Almost Broke Your Faith In GOD And How You Overcame It? by shogosco: 3:21pm On Mar 14, 2021
My expired house rent. It has been given me a serious headache while making me doubt God's faithfulness. I'm being broke due to huge spending on my younger sister's health who eventually gave up the ghost cry

Looking upto God for a financial breakthrough, because if my Landlord decides to throw out my properties, I don't know where to put my wife and children!

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Almost Broke Your Faith In GOD And How You Overcame It? by kalu61(m): 3:22pm On Mar 14, 2021
CONFUSIONIST everywhere.

You guys where fighting between Muslems and Christians who are unbelievers, and who go to hell.

Now he is God not Christian God.

2 Likes

Re: What Almost Broke Your Faith In GOD And How You Overcame It? by Crownp(m): 3:22pm On Mar 14, 2021
It was the previous week before this.... I've been looking for Money to settle my hostel fee and get some things like bed and all, but I haven't gotten it yet.... I almost lost my faith in God, but I've been trying to be up and doing back.... Though I haven't gotten the money yet, I am still believing... I don't even have a hostel now self.... I'm believing in God sha...

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Almost Broke Your Faith In GOD And How You Overcame It? by thegods01: 3:23pm On Mar 14, 2021
My faith was broken already. I never realised it. Feels so good working with God now

6 Likes

Re: What Almost Broke Your Faith In GOD And How You Overcame It? by merieam16(f): 3:23pm On Mar 14, 2021
Offpoint1:
Too many unanswered prayers, I quit praying and start working more, building myself more, learning more skills and I start getting results and I say what's the point? Everything you prayed for doesn't happen until you work it... then what's the point of the prayers? If I asked my earthly father's stuffs and he continuously doesn't give me until I work for it, what's the point of asking.. let me start working for it since it's more effective than asking for it.

U cant rule out the place of prayer in as much work is key. At some point in life will always need that G factor be it Grace or God which only prayer can do

Work without faith is dead,so it goes hand in hand

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Almost Broke Your Faith In GOD And How You Overcame It? by judedwriter(m): 3:24pm On Mar 14, 2021
I remember when I faced a very difficult financial situation that almost made to turn my back on God and the church.

It was so bad that feeding properly was difficult. I was really lean and looked like some one from a refugee camp embarassed

But even when we are Faithless, God is faithful. And He mercifully intervened in my situation.

The truth is that faith is the ignition and trigger of God's power. Without it, God will be a mere spectator in your life's troubles and battles.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Almost Broke Your Faith In GOD And How You Overcame It? by SimplePlan34: 3:24pm On Mar 14, 2021
Well u only have faith in God if he does ur bidding to d rest of us God is partial and wicked.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Almost Broke Your Faith In GOD And How You Overcame It? by Koolyarn: 3:24pm On Mar 14, 2021
Crypto4life:
the fact that the almighty God could create such a fvcked up and evil world, broke my faith in him, and I have not over come it.

If there is a f.....d up and evil world , then there should be a straight and good world.

You cant call anything bent till you have a concept of straight.

The Bible told us what created the f..d and the evil. Men wanted to be domineering rather than dominate. Mankind wanted to be God rather than worship and obey God. Man followed the serpent in quest to be like God

God has offered us a chance to the alternate world which is straight and Good. Where lions play with a child. Isaiah 11:6, But you must first accept and be like His prototype i.e Jesus who is describe as the second Adam in order to fit into this world.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Almost Broke Your Faith In GOD And How You Overcame It? by CAPITALBEE: 3:24pm On Mar 14, 2021
Mine isn't completely lost tho... I would just say the enthusiasm has reduced!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Almost Broke Your Faith In GOD And How You Overcame It? by Built2last: 3:26pm On Mar 14, 2021
Never. My Faith in Him is Rock solid

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Almost Broke Your Faith In GOD And How You Overcame It? by BENARI: 3:27pm On Mar 14, 2021
Religion broke my faith in God, and now I have no interest in recovering it.
I still believe in God, but not the God taught by religion. That God does not exist anymore for me.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Almost Broke Your Faith In GOD And How You Overcame It? by Lucrativress(f): 3:29pm On Mar 14, 2021
IamBroke:

Life stuffs and I'm still overcoming it
How I'm overcoming it is by remembering the context that says
"God gave us brain's so that we can give Him rest

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Almost Broke Your Faith In GOD And How You Overcame It? by thatsleepboy1: 3:30pm On Mar 14, 2021
Many things but I still give thanks anyway.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome An Amorc Rosicrucian Order Member(ogboni / Insulting A Leader Is Against The Word Of God / Must A Christian Be Baptized In A River?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.