Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,029 members, 7,835,490 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:45 AM

Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? (29902 Views)

"We Train Girls As Suicide Bombers"; Jealous Wife Snitches On Her Husband / Yoruba Politicians Are Smarter Than Their Igbo Counterparts: Oba Of Lagos Saga / The Nigerian Political Class And Their Foreign Counterparts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by Kobojunkie: 7:44pm On Jun 09, 2010
dayokanu:

Are you sure about this? I was living in a $1050 apt in far North side on Sheridan which was like an hour away from Downtown

Na you dey answer am. lol
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by bkbabe97: 7:51pm On Jun 09, 2010
006:

. . . and he sees 006 and fires a shot. Disappointed.  
Hey mister, our “special" thread is still there in case you’ve forgotten.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-4293.160.html

Dude, u really are dumb! U catch a beating and u still still claim victory. Opponents such as urself are just the worst. . . . . Wow!!!
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by bkbabe97: 7:53pm On Jun 09, 2010
buzugee:

kobojunkie you are in columbus ohio, seriously how expensive can it get ? i[b]n chicago if you pay $2000 for rent best believe you will be downtown [/b]or closer to downtown in a plush apt overlooking the city, talk less of columbus ohio.

The bolded:Not Entirely True!!!
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by buzugee(m): 7:58pm On Jun 09, 2010
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by buzugee(m): 8:02pm On Jun 09, 2010
bk/babe97:

The bolded: TOTALLY FALSE!!!
refer to my previous post. i have samples of prices from exquisitely furnished and plush downtown lofts for wayyyyyyyyyy under $2000. i live in chicago. trust me i know. i go to these buildings all the time
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by buzugee(m): 8:03pm On Jun 09, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Na you dey answer am. lol
refer to my previous post with examples. see when i talk i speak with facts. you simply just hypothesize.
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by bkbabe97: 8:06pm On Jun 09, 2010
buzugee:

refer to my previous post. i have samples of prices from exquisitely furnished and plush downtown lofts for wayyyyyyyyyy under $2000. i live in chicago. trust me i know. i go to these buildings all the time

My bad. I'm sorry! I thought I corrected my post to "Not entirely true" from "Totally False". I guess I goofed. Again, my bad! I lived in Chicago too and I visit very often! I'll modify my post now.
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by tpiah: 8:06pm On Jun 09, 2010
when they mention the word ALL AMERICAN or BRITISH PEOPLE on tv do you feel like they are refering to you seeing as you live in these places ?

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

all american definitely has a specific meaning for sure.

some can call themselves british people but if we want to get down to brass tacks, "english people" has only one frame of reference.
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by Nobody: 8:09pm On Jun 09, 2010
Are you sure about this? I was living in a $1050 apt in far North side on Sheridan which was like an hour away from Downtown
dayo, na so u rich?

and some of us here dey enjoy out $150 per month appt.
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by dayokanu(m): 8:14pm On Jun 09, 2010
dayo, na so u rich?

and some of us here dey enjoy out $150 per month appt.

Its obviously cheaper when you live with your 3rd live-in baby daddy tongue tongue tongue

@Buzugee, I also lived in Chicago and my school was in Downtown and I know how much some of my colleagues pay as rent
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by Kobojunkie: 8:17pm On Jun 09, 2010
buzugee:

refer to my previous post with examples. see when i talk i speak with facts. you simply just hypothesize.

Dude, you are GENERALIZING and you think that is same as speaking facts? Hypothesize? You mean my REALITY is a HYPOTHESIS? 

Did you even bother to look at the links you posted a bit close? Most all of them have apartments for over $3000 and you are still YAPPING and GENERALIZING? 

Gosh!!! So, what should we do to this list of apartments with NO WAITING LISTS then? Assume, like you, they are ALL DOWNTOWN or probably NOT IN CHICAGO?
http://chicago.craigslist.org/search/apa/chc?minAsk=2000
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by buzugee(m): 8:17pm On Jun 09, 2010
bk/babe97:

My bad. I'm sorry! I thought I corrected my post to "Not entirely true" from "Totally False". I guess I goofed. Again, my bad! I lived in Chicago too and I visit very often! I'll modify my post now.
sall good. alot of nigerians have a general misconception of prices downtown. they think because oyinbo live their it must be 4 grand a month. guess what ? back in the days i lived at the presidential towers on madison and clinton in a studio apt. guess what my rent was ? $600. here is the presidential towers. right beside the union station http://www.flickr.com/photos/yoannlegoff/526995547/  alot of naijas who lived on the northside thought i was rich. they did not know that i was paying the same amount in rent that they were paying lol
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by Sauron1: 8:17pm On Jun 09, 2010
felifeli:

You are an uneducated monkey. Does 27,000 GBP  per annum translate  to 1000GBP a month ?.  I am sure you are not even living  in UK and you are only coming here to boost your ego and make noise. na your kind dey get house for lekki ?

You are a consummate retard. . . . .
How did you even come up with 27,000GBP? Do people pay the equivalent of 27,000GBP on RENT per annum in Nigeria?
The argument was whether London folks pay the equivalent of N2 million(8000GBP) as rent per annum and the answer is a resounding YES!!!

If you are so moronic you think 27,000GBP is 2 million Naira then your folks need to take you to TB Joshua for spiritual cleansing.
I don't blame you. . . . .I blame the CMD of Aro Hospital that allowed internet usage for psychiatric patients like yourself.
Ewu Ara!!!!
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by Nobody: 8:23pm On Jun 09, 2010
So UK is that expensive? shocked

And here I was thinking of maybe doing my grad school in Europe/UK. Anywaz, not rich like that.

dayokanu:

Its obviously cheaper when you live with your 3rd live-in baby daddy tongue tongue tongue
ori yin fokasibe.
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by redsky1: 8:28pm On Jun 09, 2010
So poster of all the problems facing this disorganised and uncivilised nation the only one u could think off was UK Nigerians being jealous of those back home. LOL - Nigerians and their poverty mentality never fail to make me laugh - so u have the money to travel to UK twice a year and ur beating ur chest about it, too funny

pls some of us Nigerians and other Africans in the UK travel out every weekend - do we come on here to say we went to France, USA, south Africa, Spain, Thailand last weekend to oppress people who are killing themselves to get visa to even travel to turkey abeg get real.

I live in Nigeria now after spending most of my life in the UK and trust me there is nothing to be jealous about, what is there to be jealous of, non existant rights for women and children, poor healthcare, bad roads, lack of a working government, inadequate support for the poor and disabled in society, lack of clean water in some places, pollution, erratic electrical supply, bad education system, lack of internet (yes this is 2010), poor morals (even thou everyone claims to be born again), high levels of prostitution and armed robbery. I could go on but i think those that know the real truth can expand on this list, not everyone out of the 150 million living in Nigeria live in lekki or other high brow neighbourhoods in Nigeria so b4 claiming that u visit UK twice a year, how many people really in Nigeria earn clean money and live well.
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by dayokanu(m): 8:31pm On Jun 09, 2010
redsky1,

make people no catch you o dissing Naija like that.

But for real even in Lekki as at 2008 when I left Naija the road on Lekki phase 1 admiralty way which is one of the high brow areas in Nigeria is so terrible. I have never seen anything as bad as it anywhere in the US even in the hood
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by Kobojunkie: 8:34pm On Jun 09, 2010
redsky1:

poor morals (even thou everyone claims to be born again), high levels of prostitution and armed robbery. I could go on but i think those that know the real truth can expand on this list, not everyone out of the 150 million living in Nigeria live in lekki or other high brow neighbourhoods in Nigeria so b4 claiming that u visit UK twice a year, how many people really in Nigeria earn clean money and live well.

ROFLMAO!!

@RedSky1, why are you in Nigeria? Business? How do you deal with the lack?
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by tpiah: 8:36pm On Jun 09, 2010
I live in Nigeria now after spending most of my life in the UK and trust me there is nothing to be jealous about, what is there to be jealous of, non existant rights for women and children, poor healthcare, bad roads, lack of a working government, inadequate support for the poor and disabled in society, lack of clean water in some places, pollution, erratic electrical supply, bad education system, lack of internet (yes this is 2010), poor morals (even thou everyone claims to be born again), high levels of prostitution and armed robbery

1. lack of internet isnt necessarily a bad thing.

2. since when have naija males been bothered by the absence of women and children's rights in nigeria?

the stuff mentioned in the rest of your quote are indeed problems, i agree with that.
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by redsky1: 8:36pm On Jun 09, 2010
is there anything i wrote here that is a lie - we need to wake up and tell ourseleves the truth tht is one thing killing us here. yes every country has its problems but people should tell the truth.

Like I said I live in Nigeria now and have friends that live in Lekki and co and trust me life is not as sweet as these pretenders are making it out to be. At least in the Uk (where apparently we nigerians are suffering) a pregnant woman is giving free medical care - if u are dirt poor in nigeria and have any medical problem ur life is no longer in ur hands, if u are poor and sick in nigeria is that not a death sentence, abeg lok around u and get ur head out of Ikota and palms
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by Ibime(m): 8:40pm On Jun 09, 2010
Not another diaspora thread!!! grin

Is there a change in genetics soon as someone moves abroad? How are NID's so different to NINs?
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by Sauron1: 8:41pm On Jun 09, 2010
Ibime:

Not another diaspora thread!!!  grin

Is there a change in genetics soon as someone moves abroad? How are NID's so different to NINs? 

Most NINs lack self-confidence plus they also have a very shallow mentality.
How can anyone(I mean the OP here) say the Nigerians in the UK are jealous of TWICE A YEAR trips to the UK?
What is so "outta-this-world" in coming to UK twice a year?
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by buzugee(m): 8:42pm On Jun 09, 2010
kobojunkie you stay spewing crap. those stuff you posted are mostly HOUSES. GOLD COAST HOUSES. those are for the upper echelon of chicago society. you know the CEOS, MANAGERS, EVEN ATHLETES (ANTOINE WALKER) LIVE THERE. please come down to our level and lets talk. WE ARE REFERING TO YOUR REGULAR RUN OF THE MILL PEOPLE. so in essence if you can pay $2000 to have the best digs downtown chicago (the 3rd best city in america), then in columbus ohio apartments should be going for $200 a month seeing as it is a shyttt hole grin
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by Kobojunkie: 8:43pm On Jun 09, 2010
buzugee:

kobojunkie you stay spewing crap. those stuff you posted are mostly HOUSES. GOLD COAST HOUSES. those are for the upper echelon of chicago society. you know the CEOS, MANAGERS, EVEN ATHLETES (ANTOINE WALKER) LIVE THERE. please come down to our level and lets talk. WE ARE REFERING TO YOUR REGULAR RUN OF THE MILL PEOPLE. so in essence if you can pay $2000 to have the best digs downtown chicago (the 3rd best city in america), then in columbus ohio apartments should be going for $200 a month seeing as it is a shyttt hole grin

Upper Echelon on CRAIGSLIST . . . .  [size=14pt]ROFLMAO!!!![/size]

I don here am finish ooo . . . The way people cook things up to make moot points on here is unbelievable!!! ROFLMAO!!
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by redsky1: 8:45pm On Jun 09, 2010
~Sauron~:

How can anyone(I mean the OP here) say the Nigerians in the UK are jealous of TWICE A YEAR trips to the UK?

don't mind some people - some one is here talking of twice a year when i have friends that have travelled 3 times in the past 5 weeks ( and not to Dublin either) south Africa, France and Dubai and people are making noise. another friend that only travels first class and its from their hard earned money not money stolen from treasury, (yes not all Nigerians in the UK are cleaners and security guards)
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by buzugee(m): 8:48pm On Jun 09, 2010
yes upper echelon on craigslist @ KOBOJUNKIE. how do you think the rich STAY richer ? by keeping all the profits to themselves. all those gold coast millionaires are stingy. they advertize on craigslist so that they dont have to break off the real estate agents a lil sumtin sumtin. they want it all. thats how they got to be rich in the first place. being frugal. something you dont know anything about seeing as you are laughing at their efforts
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by dayokanu(m): 8:48pm On Jun 09, 2010
Like I said I live in Nigeria now and have friends that live in Lekki and co and trust me life is not as sweet as these pretenders are making it out to be. At least in the Uk (where apparently we nigerians are suffering) a pregnant woman is giving free medical care - if u are dirt poor in nigeria and have any medical problem your life is no longer in your hands, if u are poor and sick in nigeria is that not a death sentence, abeg lok around u and get your head out of Ikota and palms

I don warn you o.

If the guys who come to vacation in UK and live in gold houses in Naija catch you.

The problem is when people live in denial that we dont have problems in Nigeria, You can tell that to someone who left Nigeria 30yrs ago but not someone like me who left recently and is still in touch with whats on ground.

The people who throng embassies everyday and night are they not Nigerians, the people who die of starvation, the millions of unemployed youths , Those who depend on their folks abroad to send them money before they can feed are they not Nigerians.

If a few percent enjoy doesnt still take away the suffering of the majority. I bet in Darfur some people still live like Kings and Queens
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by Kobojunkie: 8:52pm On Jun 09, 2010
buzugee:

yes upper echelon on craigslist @ KOBOJUNKIE. how do you think the rich STAY richer ? by keeping all the profits to themselves. all those gold coast millionaires are stingy. they advertize on craigslist so that they dont have to break off the real estate agents a lil sumtin sumtin. they want it all. thats how they got to be rich in the first place. being frugal. something you dont know anything about seeing as you are laughing at their efforts

I am done giving you attention cause I see this is a waste of our time. Feel free to continue with your silly generalizations and assumptions.
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by tpiah: 8:54pm On Jun 09, 2010
redsky1:

is there anything i wrote here that is a lie - we need to wake up and tell ourseleves the truth tht is one thing killing us here. yes every country has its problems but people should tell the truth.

Like I said I live in Nigeria now and have friends that live in Lekki and co and trust me life is not as sweet as these pretenders are making it out to be. At least in the Uk (where apparently we nigerians are suffering) a pregnant woman is giving free medical care - if u are dirt poor in nigeria and have any medical problem your life is no longer in your hands, if u are poor and sick in nigeria is that not a death sentence, abeg lok around u and get your head out of Ikota and palms

read my post again then explain to me

1. why not having internet has to be a bad thing, given the fact that nigerians are known for yahooyahoo, scamming and 419 which is perpetrated using the internet.

2. since when has the welfare of women and children generally concerned the naija male?

in addition,

3. some governors are building women and children hospitals in their states. Hope their fellow naijas will not frustrate them in typical naija bad belle fashion?

4. in nigeria, pray you do not get a debilitating sickness or else you're toast. In america, same can apply to some of it's citizens. Note, i said citizens, not immigrants. Pending the new health care reform.
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by Ibime(m): 8:55pm On Jun 09, 2010
~Sauron~:

Dont mind the punk. . . .do you know how many relatives always begging for place to stay at short notice?. . . . they think they can gatecrash like we used to do in Nigeria, but Obodo Oyinbo dey different o!. . . . whilst the OP is organising plane ticket to UK, we in UK are organising 5-star all inclusive holidays to Cape Verde, Seychelles, Gambia, Martinique etc. . . . the OP needs deliverance!!!  grin grin grin
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by tpiah: 8:58pm On Jun 09, 2010
we in UK are organising 5-star all inclusive holidays to Cape Verde, Seychelles, Gambia, Martinique etc

like someone who can afford to vacation in Europe and US cant also go to these places if the fancy catches them?

in this debate, NINs seem to be winning or is it just me

gambia wey dey west africa?
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by buzugee(m): 8:59pm On Jun 09, 2010
THE ONLY SILLY PERSON HERE IS YOU KOBOJUNKIE. it is obvious to everyone. go back and read this thread from the beginning. at least five people made negative comments about your character. 5 people cannot be wrong. you are the one with the issues. you are delusional, rambunctious, belligerent, boisterous, loquacious, bellicose, cantankerous and obnoxious. all a very unbecoming quality in a nigerian woman
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by dayokanu(m): 8:59pm On Jun 09, 2010
whilst the OP is organising plane ticket to UK, we in UK are organising 5-star all inclusive holidays to Cape Verde, Seychelles, Gambia, Martinique etc. . . . the OP needs deliverance!!!

Why do you have a preference for all those weed-infested islands? Where next? Jamaica, St Kitts or Antigua?

what happened to going on vacation to Greece, Vatican etc.

You need serious deliverance from the spirit of weed  grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (28) (Reply)

Jonathan Arrives Hometown, Otuoke / Bomb Scare At Buhari's Campaign Rally Venue In Sokoto / Debate: Isn't By Force, Leave Buhari Alone - Shehu Sani Tells Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.