Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,931 members, 7,814,161 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:05 AM

Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? (29834 Views)

"We Train Girls As Suicide Bombers"; Jealous Wife Snitches On Her Husband / Yoruba Politicians Are Smarter Than Their Igbo Counterparts: Oba Of Lagos Saga / The Nigerian Political Class And Their Foreign Counterparts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by alamsdee: 1:48pm On Jun 09, 2010
Le Moor:

@OP,
Another one of these 'innocent, unbiased, truth seeking" questions. I see through it all. It still strives to support the underlying theme that, 'the runaway soldiers who have chosen to call Diaspora home' (your words) are jealous of those who can afford to travel twice a year. One would wonder who is really jealous here.

Why are Nigerians back home always trying to prove a point. Why is there the need to prove a point that those in DIaspora are not better than you, common, I mean, you can afford to travel 2ce a year (I can feel you breaming with pride, that you can afford to go to London 2ce a yr). GTFOH!!! If you feel people are jealous of ou because you are better than them, then stop showing up at their door, stop booking your tickets before finding out if it wil be convenient for them, or if they have plans,  stop asking them to give you invitation letter. Why dont you just show up in London, get a cab from the airport and get to that hotel in Park Lane or any other city for that matter - I am sure there are good hotels everywhere- and do your tourist business before heading back.

well said

www.comparethemeerkat.com
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by Sauron1: 1:49pm On Jun 09, 2010
tkb417:

so how did you know i dont pay the bills?

u be sorcerer? i pay all my bills

abi u wan come stay with me? no chance in hell grin grin grin

Hehehehehe. . . . . . . . .
I have never stayed in anyone's place whenever i visit Naija.
I don't even stay in ma own house for fear of armed robbers and blood-licking Mosquitoes.

I am a night crawler. . . . . Staying with ma folks is a whole lot of stress with so many gates to pass through and those gates stay shut at nights.
I nor get time to dey stress maself or bribing vigilante groups. . . . . . .
So tkb. . . . .U nor get point and i reiterate, you don't pay ALL your bills(your baby-sister told me so). grin grin grin
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by KGNAIRA: 1:53pm On Jun 09, 2010
The only thing I have to say is to encourage my brothers/sisters in diaspora to return home as soon as it is comfortable for them to do so. There are definately better prospects and more opportunities here.
Those abroad labour too hard for too little. I did my postgraduate studies in the UK and know exactly what I am talking about.

I encouraged one of my friend to come back to Nigeria after staying six years and completing two master programme. He is enternally grateful for this today.

My message is: Take the bull by the horn and come back home. In the short term, things might be rough (though not neccesarily) but in the long term you will be much better for it.

Take my advice

2 Likes

Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by tkb417(m): 1:57pm On Jun 09, 2010
~Sauron~:

Hehehehehe. . . . . . . . .
I have never stayed in anyone's place whenever i visit Naija.
I don't even stay in ma own house for fear of armed robbers and blood-licking Mosquitoes.

I am a night crawler. . . . . Staying with ma folks is a whole lot of stress with so many gates to pass through and those gates stay shut at nights.
I nor get time to dey stress maself or bribing vigilante groups. . . . . . .
So tkb. . . . .U nor get point and i reiterate, you don't pay ALL your bills(your baby-sister told me so). grin grin grin
my baby sister doesnt live in ur part of London so u would never have crossed her path

u come to Nigeria and stay in shanty sheraton and u wont let me rest?

u know how much ur hombre dey spend when i show for dt side

u nor fit impress tkb na grin grin grin

go and siddon u this fake london boi cheesy grin
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by Sauron1: 1:58pm On Jun 09, 2010
KG_NAIRA:

[b]Those abroad labour too hard [/b]for too little. I did my postgraduate studies in the UK and know exactly what I am talking about.

Like waking up everyday by 5am and returning home by 11pm?

tkb417:

my baby sister doesnt live in your part of London so u would never have crossed her path

Me and your Babysister watched England's warm-up game together on Monday. wink
I'll spare you the details. grin grin grin grin grin grin

u come to Nigeria and stay in shanty sheraton and u wont let me rest?
u know how much your hombre dey spend when i show for dt side

Wetin hombre dey spend? Make you talk am. . . . .

u nor fit impress tkb na grin grin grin
go and siddon u this fake london boi cheesy grin

Why should i impress tkb? U be woman? grin grin grin grin
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by tkb417(m): 1:59pm On Jun 09, 2010
~Sauron~:

Like waking up everyday by 5am and returning home by 11pm?
Is Lagos the only place in Nigeria?
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by waoosa(m): 2:02pm On Jun 09, 2010
I think this is a personal thing and not to be generalised. some of our brothers in UK would gladly welcome you if informed on time but since UK is not Nigeria and very different, why would you plan to stay in somebody's house. Plan to stay in hotel unless your friend suggest you can stay with him/her and if you chose the latter common sense should tell you to assist with your upkeep while there as you have been saved some money you would have spent on hotel.

I live and work in Nigeria and I tell you I love staying in this country . It is true life in UK is better. I won't mind living in UK permanently if I am offered a desired job and not to get to UK first and starting looking for Job.  I am enjoying life here and some us pay bills. yes most still enjoying electricity free of charge

I have  friends in UK that wanted me to stay with them whenever I visit but always decline so I won't portray i like one better than the other. It depends on the type of friemd you have.
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by Sauron1: 2:03pm On Jun 09, 2010
tkb417:

I don't reckon with other parts. . . . .apart from ABUJA.
Where there's no massive traffic and mosquitoes, the pay is shyte. grin grin grin grin
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by alamsdee: 2:04pm On Jun 09, 2010
tkb417:

tkb417, please grow up.
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by HNIC(m): 2:08pm On Jun 09, 2010
I don laugh tire.
This na serious battle! grin grin grin
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by RecentPost: 2:11pm On Jun 09, 2010
@Sauron
I can sense you are very poor before you left nigeria,to tell you the fact,nigeria is better than uk in some sense( if you are rich)and i can prove it if you want me to.It was like paradise the last time i was in nigeria,the house in nigeria is far better than my house here,24/7 on generator,hmmm mosquito ke?nice food at the right time,suya everywhere,puccy for just 10grand, what else you need in life? people just work like dog here,no enjoyment only if you want to end up in jail!
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by tkb417(m): 2:13pm On Jun 09, 2010
alamsdee:

tkb417, please grow up.
do you live in the UK too?

shame on the consular for allowing you enter that country cos u dont seem to understand simple english

someone said 9jas wake up 5am and get home daily 11pm and i asked if Lagos is the only place in Nigeria

so what point did your post carry?

@Sauron
see people wey u dey roll with; id rather die living in afghanistan than rub minds with these charlatans wey no sabi how to read and write
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by HC: 2:14pm On Jun 09, 2010
I noticed the same thing recently when a friends who has been in the US for 14 years asked me why i haven't asked her for anything since she returned. She says am feeling too proud of myself.
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by waoosa(m): 2:15pm On Jun 09, 2010
Sauron,
I don't support the poster that said UK residents are jealous of home based Nigerians but you would be very surprise to hear that where I live and work,I can wake up 7am and get to my office by 7:15am. no stress and good roads and my pay is very very very ok. Most of my friends in UK have their CVs in my box that am ready to push in once the opportunity arises.
Nigeria is not that bad as we think. may not be in the same bracket with Uk now but with our support, we will get there.

I know lagos is tight man but you have other lovely states in Nigeria.
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by tkb417(m): 2:16pm On Jun 09, 2010
~Sauron~:

I don't reckon with other parts. . . . .apart from ABUJA.
Where there's no massive traffic and mosquitoes, the pay is shyte. grin grin grin grin
hehehehe

Bonny island= the pay is shyte
Port Harcourt? the pay is shyte

Warri? pay is shyte?

what are u talking about? grin grin grin

ure losing touch with what goes on in 9ja o paddy

and i dont ever want to see u with ma sister o
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by Sauron1: 2:16pm On Jun 09, 2010
RecentPost:

@Sauron
I can sense you are very poor before you left nigeria,to tell you the fact,nigeria is better than uk in some sense( if you are rich)and i can prove it if you want me to.It was like paradise the last time i was in nigeria,the house in nigeria is far better than my house here,24/7 on generator,hmmm mosquito ke?nice food at the right time,suya everywhere,puccy for just 10grand, what else you need in life? people just work like dog here,no enjoyment only if you want to end up in jail!

Of course, i was poor in Nigeria but your folks are poorer than i was back then. . . . grin grin

You are a glorified simpleton. . . .
24/7 Generator? The last time i went to Naija i couldn't sleep. Generators make noise.
I dunno how people sleep with em and the fumes and the air pollution is nauseating.
Even if you have the noiseless ones, your neighbours are there bursting your eardrums with noise.

The quality of life in Naija is ZILCH. I don't care how many whores you slept with whilst in Naija.
You must lack self-confidence to be paying to sleep with women.
Where do you stay in UK? Brixton i guess. . . . .

waoosa:

Sauron,
I don't support the poster that said UK residents are jealous of home based Nigerians but you would be very surprise to hear that where I live and work,I can wake up 7am and get to my office by 7:15am. no stress and good roads and my pay is very very very ok.

You are one in a million.
My friend here tkb417 wakes up 4am everyday like a soldier in the barracks and he doesn't get home till 11pm.
His pay is nice and mouth-watering but at what cost to his health? Debarring any freak accident, i will live 10 years longer than him. grin grin grin

Most of my friends in UK have their CVs in my box that am ready to push in once the opportunity arises.
Nigeria is not that bad as we think. may not be in the same bracket with Uk now but with our support, we will get there.

The thing is. . . . .UK is not for everybody just like Nigeria is not for everyone.
To each his own. . . .

I know lagos is tight man but you have other lovely states in Nigeria.

Like Osun and Abia where the city sleeps at 5pm? grin grin grin grin

tkb417:

hehehehe
Bonny island= the pay is shyte
Port Harcourt? the pay is shyte
Warri? pay is shyte?

MEND, Ijaw/Itshekiri, Kidnapping, whores, swamps, mosquitoes.
I work for Escravos for 3 months - the place na like IRAQ. grin grin

what are u talking about? grin grin grin
ure losing touch with what goes on in 9ja o paddy
and i dont ever want to see u with ma sister o

Let your sister decide herself now. grin
Is she under 18? grin grin grin grin
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by tkb417(m): 2:19pm On Jun 09, 2010
You are a glorified simpleton. . . .
24/7 Generator? The last time i went to Naija i couldn't sleep. Generators make noise.
I dunno how people sleep with em and the fumes and the air pollution is nauseating.
Even if you have the noiseless ones, your neighbours are there bursting your eardrums with noise.

The quality of life in Naija is ZILCH. I don't care how many whores you slept with whilst in Naija.
You must lack self-confidence to be paying to sleep with women.
Where do you stay in UK? Brixton i guess. . . . .
so its UK vs UK now grin grin

we know the quality of life in 9ja is zero

i agree to that 100%

whoever compares 9ja with any developed country deserves an appointment with a psychiatrist

im just tryin to attend to the yahooboiz in London wey no go let us hear word cos den dey live for London

all of una dey crase grin grin grin grin
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by marabout(m): 2:22pm On Jun 09, 2010
Poster,
There is this show off attitude of some guys visiting from home.  You work hard, sponsor even disatant relatives through schools, u r first to be asked for money in emergency, then they come telling you how much they like home and will never never stay in this horrible London where there's no rest.  Then they want to use your phone card, want one of  your cells phones to take back, stay for free, use things in the house/water/electric roughly etc.

One is not envious/jealous of anyone but people bragging about how they are making it  at home appear to be calling you fool for caring for those at home often at the expense of your own comfort here.  Last time, a relation occupying a minor political office was bragging about how he has built a 4-flat building after 18 months in office. This was in a family ocassion that everybody was relying on you to sponsor everything. How will you look at somebody bragging about his embezzlement and mocking your dedication and hardwok in London.

As for people suffering in London, if they had a better option in Naija, most would not be in London in the first place. London economy is based on people working hard not nepotism, contract-seeking and corruption. That must be Chinese to most home-based guys.

1 Like

Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by alamsdee: 2:24pm On Jun 09, 2010
tkb417:

do you live in the UK too?

shame on the consular for allowing you enter that country cos u dont seem to understand simple english

someone said 9jas wake up 5am and get home daily 11pm and i asked if Lagos is the only place in Nigeria

so what point did your post carry?

@Sauron
see people wey u dey roll with; id rather die living in afghanistan than rub minds with these charlatans wey no sabi how to read and write

1) it may shock u that I am also British
2) folks like u are the thieves in nigeria that steal from the coffers of the people and show off, i really wonder why the deprived nigerians cannot stand up and eradicate people like u. u ought to be KILLED. NO GOOD HOSPITALS, BAD ROADS, WORTHLESS UNIVERSITIES, WHY ARE U SO PROUD OF YOURSELF. tell me one reputable nigerian university. the average life span of a nigerian is below 45yrs, cos to greedy bastards who steal and dont pay taxes. I HATE U ARISTOCRATS WHO CARE ABOUT THEMSELVES ONLY AND NOT THE PEOPLE OUT THERE IN THE STREETS IN NIGERIA. 40% of my income goes out has taxes to support the less priviledged in the uk, and u the rich lucky ones in nigeria bring ur loots to spend in the uk, tell me how are u supporting the nigerian economy, u are killing ur own economy to build up another, and u feel so proud to brag about it, U SHOULD BE SHOT

1 Like

Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by Sauron1: 2:25pm On Jun 09, 2010
tkb417:

im just tryin to attend to the yahooboiz in London wey no go let us hear word cos den dey live for London

all of una dey crase grin grin grin grin

Nor mind the poof(RecentPost).
Na only 6 months visa him get come dey mescaform for here. . . .
Anuofia!!! grin cheesy
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by tkb417(m): 2:27pm On Jun 09, 2010
You are one in a million.
My friend here tkb417 wakes up 4am everyday like a soldier in the barracks and he doesn't get home till 11pm.
His pay is nice and mouth-watering but at what cost to his health? Debarring any freak accident, i will live 10 years longer than him.

ol boi, those were the Ikeja days

moved on boss. . . .

i leave the office late cos of the nature of my work

its standard anywhere in the world. ask osikita when he leaves his office in London grin grin
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by Sauron1: 2:29pm On Jun 09, 2010
tkb417:

ol boi, those were the Ikeja days

moved on boss. . . .

i leave the office late cos of the nature of my work

its standard anywhere in the world. ask osikita when he leaves his office in London grin grin

Osita stays back to shag em secretaries and receptionists. . . .
Besides, he goes home at nights knowing there's electricity and security.
I cannot vouch the same for any Banker in Lagos. . . . .
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by tkb417(m): 2:31pm On Jun 09, 2010
alamsdee:

1) it may shock u that I am also British
2) folks like u are the thieves in nigeria that steal from the coffers of the people and show off, i really wonder why the deprived nigerians cannot stand up and eradicate people like u. u ought to be KILLED. NO GOOD HOSPITALS, BAD ROADS, WORTHLESS UNIVERSITIES, WHY ARE U SO PROUD OF YOURSELF. tell me one reputable nigerian university. the average life span of a nigerian is below 45yrs, cos to greedy bastards who steal and dont pay taxes. I HATE U ARISTOCRATS WHO CARE ABOUT THEMSELVES ONLY AND NOT THE PEOPLE OUT THERE IN THE STREETS IN NIGERIA. 40% of my income goes out has taxes to support the less priviledged in the uk, and u the rich lucky ones in nigeria bring your loots to spend in the uk, tell me how are u supporting the nigerian economy, u are killing your own economy to build up another, and u feel so proud to brag about it, U SHOULD BE SHOT
chei!!!!
so effing what? almost everyone around me are british so what shd i do? kill meself cos of your identity

gerrout

and who told u im the guvnor of my state? how did i steal your money oooo?

ive never held any public post so how did i steal your money?

i have worked all my life in  private coys so all u wrote is balderdash

i insist ure a yahhoboi cos u cannt reason properly

and one last thing, all your household deserves to be shot @ bar beach grin grin grin grin
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by Sauron1: 2:35pm On Jun 09, 2010
tkb417:

and one last thing, all your household deserves to be shot @ bar beach
grin grin grin grin

Odikwa Serious. grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by sesman(m): 2:35pm On Jun 09, 2010
I dont know about you guy, but i love it when relative comes to stay, as soon as my aunty told she was coming Jand, i have sleepless nights cos i misse her and it give us a chance to catch up same for my papa and granpapa, and when i go naija, i stay with all of them, it even becomes wahala self, one go vex say i didnt stay with them for long, so i end up dividing my time equally,

You lot should stop taking things so bloody personal on this bloody forum, chei life is too short for all this o  grin
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by alamsdee: 2:36pm On Jun 09, 2010
tkb417:

chei!!!!
so effing what? almost everyone around me are british so what shd i do? kill meself cos of your identity

gerrout

and one last thing, all your household deserves to be shot @ bar beach grin grin grin grin

TELL ME ONE GOOD THING U'VE DONE FOR NIGERIA. HOW HAVE U SUPPORTED THE NIGERIAN ECONOMY?
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by tkb417(m): 2:37pm On Jun 09, 2010
~Sauron~:

Osita stays back to sleep with em secretaries and receptionists. . . .
Besides, he goes home at nights knowing there's electricity and security.
I cannot vouch the same for any Banker in Lagos. . . . .
why are u using panadol for another mans headache?

ask aganga why he left Goldman sachs for a post in abuja or ask Okonjo why she left New York for Abuja

the pie is here

the cost of eating that pie is the probs we face day in day out

we are not complaining
grin grin grin
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by waoosa(m): 2:40pm On Jun 09, 2010
Sauron,
I don't know you and you don't me. But  I want to promise you something that may change your attitude about Nigeria. am sure once experince this, you would want to come back home.

next time you are coming to Nigeria, Let me know. I will pay ur flight down to my state. Lodge you in any hotel you want while I take you round the city. For you not to think someone wants to scam you, I can meet you up and we report to any police office to let them know you are with me. I can do anything to improve the image of our country.
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by tkb417(m): 2:40pm On Jun 09, 2010
alamsdee:

TELL ME ONE GOOD THING U'VE DONE FOR NIGERIA. HOW HAVE U SUPPORTED THE NIGERIAN ECONOMY?
is this hard to figure

i pay all forms of taxes

and ill be happy to let u know i have facilitated enuff financing instruments mezz/debt /bond for the construction of SOCs in 9ja

what else do u want me to do? offer me blood for the cleansing of Nigeria?
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by tkb417(m): 2:42pm On Jun 09, 2010
waoosa:

Sauron,
I don't know you and you don't me. But I want to promise you something that may change your attitude about Nigeria. am sure once experince this, you would want to come back home.

next time you are coming to Nigeria, Let me know. I will pay your flight down to my state. Lodge you in any hotel you want while I take you round the city. For you not to think someone wants to scam you, I can meet you up and we report to any police office to let them know you are with me. I can do anything to improve the image of our country.
God bless u
the boi has been discussing with coys on how to come back home

b4 the end of the year, dont be surprised when he starts defending Nigerians living at home grin grin grin
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by Kobojunkie: 2:45pm On Jun 09, 2010
waoosa:

Sauron,
I don't know you and you don't me. But  I want to promise you something that may change your attitude about Nigeria. am sure once experince this, you would want to come back home.

next time you are coming to Nigeria, Let me know. I will pay your flight down to my state. Lodge you in any hotel you want while I take you round the city. For you not to think someone wants to scam you, I can meet you up and we report to any police office to let them know you are with me. I can do anything to improve the image of our country.

[size=13pt]ROFLMAO!!![/size]  grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy

@Waoosa, what about you extend this same to at least a million Nigerians living right there in NIgeria with you?
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by alamsdee: 2:45pm On Jun 09, 2010
tkb417:

is this hard to figure

i pay all forms of taxes

and ill be happy to let u know i have facilitated enuff financing instruments mezz/debt /bond for the construction of SOCs in 9ja

what else do u want me to do? offer me blood for the cleansing of Nigeria?

what percentage of your income goes to the so called "all forms of taxes "??

i have facilitated enuff financing instruments mezz/debt /bond for the construction of SOCs in 9ja
how much in naira

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply)

SCANDALOUS: Outrage In Nigeria As Government Brands National ID Card With Master / 2019 Presidency: Tinubu Divides Northern Leaders - The Sun / Ali Datti-Yako Plans Defection To APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.