Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,280 members, 7,826,083 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 09:30 AM

Wilson Oruma: 'I Lost N2bn To Fraudsters And Relations' - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Wilson Oruma: 'I Lost N2bn To Fraudsters And Relations' (49148 Views)

‘I'm Perfectly Fine,’ Wilson Oruma Debunks Ill Health Rumour (Video, Photos) / Wilson Oruma All Smiles In New Pictures Shared By His Brother / Wilson Oruma Loses N1.2 Billion To A Pastor & Fake Oil Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wilson Oruma: 'I Lost N2bn To Fraudsters And Relations' by rainlover(m): 6:03pm On Jul 02, 2018
CodeTemplar:
Do u know him?
He said, he knows him very very well. And u re stil asking if he knows the guy. Are u seeing impaired??

1 Like

Re: Wilson Oruma: 'I Lost N2bn To Fraudsters And Relations' by YorubaAssasin: 6:06pm On Jul 02, 2018
Troublemaker007:
Mumu. I have no atom of pity for him. Very selfish and greedy ediot. People who brought this ediot to the spotlight, he betrayed them all just because his so called family and pastor advices him to. Now he is broke, they all deserted him. Karma is a biatch. Be there looking for sympathy with your white lies.

Before you quote me and talk nonsense, I know him very very well.

You deserve some super charged Thunder from Jupiter ! angry angry
Re: Wilson Oruma: 'I Lost N2bn To Fraudsters And Relations' by CodeTemplar: 6:07pm On Jul 02, 2018
rainlover:
He said, he knows him very very well. And u re stil asking if he knows the guy. Are u seeing impaired??
That guys case transcends the physical and spiritual.
Re: Wilson Oruma: 'I Lost N2bn To Fraudsters And Relations' by mercyway: 6:09pm On Jul 02, 2018
goldenval:
he should've report this case to Efcc, Just imagine loosing such huge amount of money... sad cry cry cry cry
Good to know you are trying to manage the situation, read your post on diary since you started but I don't have strength to make post because am not happy seeing most things happening on the regular thread, there are lots of things to benefits from one another when there is love & peace. Will quote you later sha but just try & put off your mind any negative things against you.

God bless you & I

1 Like

Re: Wilson Oruma: 'I Lost N2bn To Fraudsters And Relations' by OGkenny: 6:12pm On Jul 02, 2018
so unfortunate
Re: Wilson Oruma: 'I Lost N2bn To Fraudsters And Relations' by Diso60090(m): 6:12pm On Jul 02, 2018
Troublemaker007:
Mumu. I have no atom of pity for him. Very selfish and greedy ediot. People who brought this ediot to the spotlight, he betrayed them all just because his so called family and pastor advices him to. Now he is broke, they all deserted him. Karma is a biatch. Be there looking for sympathy with your white lies.

You know him very well abeg tell US his bedroom furniture colour
Re: Wilson Oruma: 'I Lost N2bn To Fraudsters And Relations' by Nobody: 6:15pm On Jul 02, 2018
Troublemaker007:

I quite agree you know him very well but at this stage, the humanity in you should envelope your hatred for all he had done. Dude is close to madness. God's love for us has masked many ills we do before him. Don't you think we should follow suit? 1 John 4:8.

2 Likes

Re: Wilson Oruma: 'I Lost N2bn To Fraudsters And Relations' by IbnAbdullah1(m): 6:22pm On Jul 02, 2018
Issame:
Former Super Eagles midfielder, Wilson Oruma, has finally broken his silence on his sad experience with fraudsters who duped him close to N2b.

Recall that the ex-Super Eagles captain suffered a relapse of the emotional disorder that bugged him 6-years-ago after he was defrauded by a clergyman and some fake oil businessmen.

According to reports, Oruma was lured into a fake oil business in December 2012 in which he invested the sum of N1.2billion after retiring from football.‎ He eventually lost the investment.

Speaking about it for the first time with the Guardian, he confirmed the sad incident and revealed some of his relations were involved in the deal that saw him lose close to N2 billion.

“This is my first time of speaking with any journalist on this,' he said.

“It is true that I lost all my savings to some people, who turned out to be fraudsters. I have read several stories in the media since then. Those stories did not emanate from me. They quoted different amount, which is not correct. I lost close to N2 billion.”

“The most painful aspect of it all was the fact that some of my relations were involved in the deal. You can imagine losing such huge amount of money to people you trusted. I pray for them to have a human heart and return my money, even if it is part of it. That is my prayer every day, and I know that one day, the hand of God will torch their hearts,” he added.

Oruma featured for Nigeria’s U-17, U-23 and the senior national team, winning the FIFA U-17 World Cup in 1993, the Olympic gold in 1996 and two bronze medals at the African Cup of Nations in 2002 and 2006.

Source:
http://nairaplus.com/2018/07/ex-super-eagles-player-oruma-breaks-silence-on-losing-over-n1-5b-to-fraudsters/

And somebody in his mind will say I should not swear against fraudsters.
How can somebody toil day and night,toil very hard and one lazy youth who thinks he is smart because I happen to trust him thinks this wealth will benefit him?

Oh God anybody who defrauds with the sole aim of showing off what isn't is,Oh God perish is wealth and let him waste it on nothing else but frivolities but whoever does it to benefit others Oh God bless it if for him so they can be able to repay what he stole handsomely.
Re: Wilson Oruma: 'I Lost N2bn To Fraudsters And Relations' by asawanathegreat(m): 6:31pm On Jul 02, 2018
This cannot be true
Re: Wilson Oruma: 'I Lost N2bn To Fraudsters And Relations' by Gassa007: 6:34pm On Jul 02, 2018
jovialswag:
Do you mean 2million grin
Everything is not joke,use your brain most times
Re: Wilson Oruma: 'I Lost N2bn To Fraudsters And Relations' by guru90: 6:39pm On Jul 02, 2018
please check your write up very well...

You mean 200k or 2M..
Re: Wilson Oruma: 'I Lost N2bn To Fraudsters And Relations' by MIKOLOWISKA: 6:44pm On Jul 02, 2018
Issame:
Former Super Eagles midfielder, Wilson Oruma, has finally broken his silence on his sad experience with fraudsters who duped him close to N2b.

Recall that the ex-Super Eagles captain suffered a relapse of the emotional disorder that bugged him 6-years-ago after he was defrauded by a clergyman and some fake oil businessmen.

According to reports, Oruma was lured into a fake oil business in December 2012 in which he invested the sum of N1.2billion after retiring from football.‎ He eventually lost the investment.

Speaking about it for the first time with the Guardian, he confirmed the sad incident and revealed some of his relations were involved in the deal that saw him lose close to N2 billion.

“This is my first time of speaking with any journalist on this,' he said.

“It is true that I lost all my savings to some people, who turned out to be fraudsters. I have read several stories in the media since then. Those stories did not emanate from me. They quoted different amount, which is not correct. I lost close to N2 billion.”

“The most painful aspect of it all was the fact that some of my relations were involved in the deal. You can imagine losing such huge amount of money to people you trusted. I pray for them to have a human heart and return my money, even if it is part of it. That is my prayer every day, and I know that one day, the hand of God will torch their hearts,” he added.

Oruma featured for Nigeria’s U-17, U-23 and the senior national team, winning the FIFA U-17 World Cup in 1993, the Olympic gold in 1996 and two bronze medals at the African Cup of Nations in 2002 and 2006.

Source:
http://nairaplus.com/2018/07/ex-super-eagles-player-oruma-breaks-silence-on-losing-over-n1-5b-to-fraudsters/

plenty skills
very minute sense
Re: Wilson Oruma: 'I Lost N2bn To Fraudsters And Relations' by goldenval(m): 6:55pm On Jul 02, 2018
mercyway:

Good to know you are trying to manage the situation, read your post on diary since you started but I don't have strength to make post because am not happy seeing most things happening on the regular thread, there are lots of things to benefits from one another when there is love & peace. Will quote you later sha but just try & put off your mind any negative things against you.

God bless you & I

Thank you so much...

I was advised never to comment till they bring the so called fraud thing they're accusing me off which am yet to read.. I was the first person that introduced 1xbet there, same person to teach them about "correct score half time other", same person to help those that are going through tough times.... I remember when I made 160k that day, I shared everything there, even now that everyone are judging me, some are still asking for my help which am not going to help now. I've decided to stay on my lane for now.... grin

Thanks once again for reaching out to me.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wilson Oruma: 'I Lost N2bn To Fraudsters And Relations' by kinguwem: 7:07pm On Jul 02, 2018
Troublemaker007:

Fool, are you or the ones that you're talking about the people that give him the skills or worked hard for the money. We're always looking for excuses to reap where we did not sow.
Re: Wilson Oruma: 'I Lost N2bn To Fraudsters And Relations' by Wiinnd(m): 7:14pm On Jul 02, 2018
Please what do you know about him? I'm just been curious sir.
Troublemaker007:

Re: Wilson Oruma: 'I Lost N2bn To Fraudsters And Relations' by jerrybakermillz(m): 7:18pm On Jul 02, 2018
CodeTemplar:
He isn't the owner. His sister and her husband ( In-law to Wilson own it). They also own the MFB.

How sure are you? Was told the hotel is been manage by the sister and her husband, a true son and land owner of mofor disclose the real owner of wetland hotel is Wilson Oruma himself,and beside his house is next to ours in New layout at jakpa road, effurun

2 Likes

Re: Wilson Oruma: 'I Lost N2bn To Fraudsters And Relations' by CodeTemplar: 7:24pm On Jul 02, 2018
jerrybakermillz:

How sure are you? Was told the hotel is been manage by the sister and her husband, a true son and land owner of mofor disclose the real owner of wetland hotel is Wilson Oruma himself,and beside his house is next to ours in New layout at jakpa road, effurun
My own source is direct and 100% sure going by her position. Wilson doesn't own a block in that hotel or mfb. Your source is either speculating or fishing for info.
Re: Wilson Oruma: 'I Lost N2bn To Fraudsters And Relations' by EFCCNIGERIA: 7:31pm On Jul 02, 2018
CodeTemplar:
My own source is direct and 100% sure. Wilson doesn't own a block in that hotel or mfb. Your source is either speculating or fishing for info.
The efcc will see to that.

1 Like

Re: Wilson Oruma: 'I Lost N2bn To Fraudsters And Relations' by Surd2121(m): 7:36pm On Jul 02, 2018
Tokziby:
Op, He also played at France '98 world Cup and scored the only goal in the 3-1 defeat against Paraguay.

If it were to be in a saner clime, the FA or govt will intervene, get him employed with clubs or sport ministry, and one side be in court fighting for his money and probably settle out of court to retrieve part of the money. But as Naija, where he go get money for lawyer or to even bribe judge(them highest bidder). And if him do mistake die, na there FA go show face and showing solidarity, bunch of mofos.

I feel so sorry for this guy after almost 20years of hard labour going down the drain. sad
Are you kidding me ? which Govt step in to help Mike Tyson ? Go and read about Boris Becker British Tennis Legend. are they not in saner climes ?
Re: Wilson Oruma: 'I Lost N2bn To Fraudsters And Relations' by CodeTemplar: 7:37pm On Jul 02, 2018
EFCCNIGERIA:
The efcc will see to that.
Lol . . . EFC . . . wetin?
Re: Wilson Oruma: 'I Lost N2bn To Fraudsters And Relations' by jerrybakermillz(m): 7:44pm On Jul 02, 2018
CodeTemplar:
My own source is direct and 100% sure. Wilson doesn't own a block in that hotel or mfb. Your source is either speculating or fishing for info.

Okay sir, cause I did argue with him about it as well... Thanks any way
Re: Wilson Oruma: 'I Lost N2bn To Fraudsters And Relations' by mercyway: 7:47pm On Jul 02, 2018
goldenval:

Thank you so much...

I was advised never to comment till they bring the so called fraud thing they're accusing me off which am yet to read.. I was the first person that introduced 1xbet there, same person to teach them about "correct score half time other", same person to help those that are going through tough times.... I remember when I made 160k that day, I shared everything there, even now that everyone are judging me, some are still asking for my help which am not going to help now. I've decided to stay on my lane for now.... grin

You are welcome sir, I want you to know that God is on your side.
Re: Wilson Oruma: 'I Lost N2bn To Fraudsters And Relations' by Tokziby: 8:00pm On Jul 02, 2018
Surd2121:
Are you kidding me ? which Govt step in to help Mike Tyson ? Go and read about Boris Becker British Tennis Legend. are they not in saner climes ?

Those ones are self inflicted. Tyson definitely got help through psychotherapy, he got contracts as boxing pundits, got adverts, movie role and so much more. He's living good life now but might be far from the opulence he used to enjoy.
And for Boris he filed bankruptcy cos he owed money and when u file such does not necessarily means u dont have a penny left. Even if they took all his money the Brits will never leave him on his own, he's a national Hero and can never go poor. The case will be settled.

2 Likes

Re: Wilson Oruma: 'I Lost N2bn To Fraudsters And Relations' by Burgerlomo: 8:06pm On Jul 02, 2018
Very heartless people cool
Re: Wilson Oruma: 'I Lost N2bn To Fraudsters And Relations' by Ade3000yrs(m): 9:12pm On Jul 02, 2018
Lesson 101, try to learn something from d incidence and move on
Re: Wilson Oruma: 'I Lost N2bn To Fraudsters And Relations' by afoltundeseun(m): 9:20pm On Jul 02, 2018
dele31:
Why do people derive pleasure in making other people sad? Oruma our thought and prayers are with you.
be like you just came across this phrase not long ago, so you decided to use it.
Re: Wilson Oruma: 'I Lost N2bn To Fraudsters And Relations' by 234GT(m): 9:31pm On Jul 02, 2018
gabe:
sorry bros, but that money don go sha. N1.2 billion could have yielded N120 million in Treasury bills every year. No sweat. Sure alert.

If I have ordinary 100 million naira, no human being in this world can convince me of any business to do. Na NTB straight. No sweat, no going up and down, no transport or gen or staff cost, no risk, no waking up and going out to work, no buying and selling or being owed by customers...........

4 Likes

Re: Wilson Oruma: 'I Lost N2bn To Fraudsters And Relations' by Nobody: 10:17pm On Jul 02, 2018
goldenval:

Thank you so much...

Boss

If nobody talk about you then you are nobody...

People hate what they can't have or attain.

Just do your thing, live your life.
Life is too hard enough, please don't add extra baggage.

Don't ever give your detractors the satisfaction of seeing you broken.

2 Likes

Re: Wilson Oruma: 'I Lost N2bn To Fraudsters And Relations' by goldenval(m): 10:25pm On Jul 02, 2018
alexistaiwo:

Boss

If nobody talk about you then you are nobody...

People hate what they can't have or attain.

Just do your thing, live your life.
Life is too hard enough, please don't add extra baggage.

Don't ever give your detractors the satisfaction of seeing you broken.

Thank you brother wink

1 Like

Re: Wilson Oruma: 'I Lost N2bn To Fraudsters And Relations' by illegalking: 11:02pm On Jul 02, 2018
Bro i respect you alot and sincerely i thank you for all you have done for guys online without even knowing anyone in physical. But one thing i personally don't like about you is that you give a fuqk way too much. On that sport thread we are all there to make some money and also share ideas sure some matters will arise and it should be settled within a day cuz we need the sanity of the thread not to derail.
For the past one year now i don't read from the thread directly anymore i only read what people i have followed talk about reason is i feel the noise on the thread is way too much for me. If them say u scam person wetin them fit take you do? Let them bring their lawyer and face off in reality man. Note i don't know if you are guilty or not but hey i don't give a fuqk once again. If you are gonna let them push you out of the thread we all own then fine you are not strong.

I will quote you on a thread now and also tell you more about something that happened on your Telegram channel and how i bullsiht all of them cuz they don't wanna hear my part and i don't bloody care.
goldenval:

Thank you so much...

Re: Wilson Oruma: 'I Lost N2bn To Fraudsters And Relations' by goldenval(m): 11:10pm On Jul 02, 2018
illegalking:
Bro i respect you alot and sincerely i thank you for all you have done for guys online without even knowing anyone in physical. But one thing i personally don't like about you is that you give a fuqk way too much. On that sport thread we are all there to make some money and also share ideas sure some matters will arise and it should be settled within a day cuz we need the sanity of the thread not to derail.
For the past one year now i don't read from the thread directly anymore i only read what people i have followed talk about reason is i feel the noise on the thread is way too much for me. If them say u scam person wetin them fit take you do? Let them bring their lawyer and face off in reality man. Note i don't know if you are guilty or not but hey i don't give a fuqk once again. If you are gonna let them push you out of the thread we all own then fine you are not strong.

I will quote you on a thread now and also tell you more about something that happened on your Telegram channel and how i bullsiht all of them cuz they don't wanna hear my part and i don't bloody care.

Well bro,
A lot is going on right now both trauma and not remembering my sites passwords anymore which I think I will leave this Niaraland once for all and never come back again but I will do that after they present their proof.. so that they can have Nairaland... beside I never gain anything here......

Anyway, thanks for reaching out smiley
Re: Wilson Oruma: 'I Lost N2bn To Fraudsters And Relations' by choo: 11:21pm On Jul 02, 2018
goldenval:

Well bro,
A lot is going on right now both trauma and not remembering my sites passwords anymore which I think I will leave this Niaraland once for all and never come back again but I will do that after they present their proof.. so that they can have Nairaland... beside I never gain anything here......

Anyway, thanks for reaching out smiley

Quitting Nairaland because of people? You really amaze me Val. I wish I can sit you down then talk to you one on one.

As a man you have a whole lot to face till you give up. how do you run from people you don't know...how?

I see you joined in 2008 same year like me, maybe you need to do like me too. Read More, laugh more then comment less.

Make I nor hear say you comot for here...na we be elders!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Brazil 2002 Squad Reunite To Celebrate 20th Anniversary Of World Cup Triumph / Antonio Conte Battling To Recover $27 Million He Lost To A Scammer / Chukwuneta Anyabolu Dies While Chasing A Man Who Duped Him In Brazil (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.