Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,900 members, 7,817,661 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:40 PM

Carquest/Milex Deals & Specials Thread courtesy of Rad Auto Works - Car Talk (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Carquest/Milex Deals & Specials Thread courtesy of Rad Auto Works (32737 Views)

Is Rad Auto Works "Expensive"? / MR T-MILEX/CARQUEST/RAD AUTO WORKS 2020 Diagnostic Scanner Christmas Giveaway / Useful Car Information at Mr. Transmission/Milex, Carquest BLOG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Carquest/Milex Deals & Specials Thread courtesy of Rad Auto Works by dru23(m): 4:43pm On Oct 10, 2018
thebigkendo:

Between the words of my engine maker or oil company trying to sell product?

Personally i'ld rather follow the instruction of the engine maker

Viscosity & engine maker specification

Re: Carquest/Milex Deals & Specials Thread courtesy of Rad Auto Works by dru23(m): 4:56pm On Oct 10, 2018
banky3w:
Bad English from our States oil seller...... Please guy, can you at least toggle the 'auto-correct' and 'spell check' button on your keyboard app and save us some of the headaches? tongue tongue

Re: Carquest/Milex Deals & Specials Thread courtesy of Rad Auto Works by dru23(m): 4:58pm On Oct 10, 2018
[quote author=thebigkendo post=71962066]

Oga why u dey mention that guy na.. You no like the peace weh dey dis thread?..
E go soon come dey post rubbish now [/quote]

Re: Carquest/Milex Deals & Specials Thread courtesy of Rad Auto Works by radautoworks: 5:12pm On Oct 10, 2018
VolvoS60:

^^^
I would go with the engine maker's instructions too. I just find it incredible that a major lubricants player would make such a controversial statement. Virtually all the lubricants marketers recommend conformity with motor manufacturers recommended oil grade quality AND viscosity. This is the first time I'm seeing something like this.

They must be hurting for business. That makes no sense though because don't they make all weights?
Re: Carquest/Milex Deals & Specials Thread courtesy of Rad Auto Works by radautoworks: 5:13pm On Oct 10, 2018
banky3w:
Bad English from our States oil seller...... Please guy, can you at least toggle the 'auto-correct' and 'spell check' button on your keyboard app and save us some of the headaches? tongue tongue

Oh! Was running on fumes and didn't get it!

1 Like

Re: Carquest/Milex Deals & Specials Thread courtesy of Rad Auto Works by thebigkendo(m): 5:16pm On Oct 10, 2018
VolvoS60:

^^^
I would go with the engine maker's instructions too. I just find it incredible that a major lubricants player would make such a controversial statement. Virtually all the lubricants marketers recommend conformity with motor manufacturers recommended oil grade quality AND viscosity. This is the first time I'm seeing something like this.

From experience with my car.. I think this is wrong. Most times warm motor oil will not even show on my dip-stick.. I have once over guaged my oil due due to that

Re: Carquest/Milex Deals & Specials Thread courtesy of Rad Auto Works by radautoworks: 5:17pm On Oct 10, 2018
thebigkendo:

From experience with my car.. I think this is wrong. Most times warm motor oil will not even show on my dip-stick.. I have once over guaged my oil due due to that

We prefer cold
Re: Carquest/Milex Deals & Specials Thread courtesy of Rad Auto Works by VolvoS60(m): 5:17pm On Oct 10, 2018
radautoworks:

What thebigkendo said. We go with what the makers say.

^^^
It gets even more interesting.

For years, I thought all 0W 20 oils were synthetic. I have seen that info repeated on quite a number of auto web
sites. Yet I just saw a couple of 0W 20 LM oils with 'synthetic technology' or synthesese technology (whatever they mean) labels. Whether 'synthetic technology' means semi-synthetic or not isn't clear - what is very clear though is that there are some other LM oils that are clearly labelled 100% synthetic without any ambiguous phrasing.

So was i wrong all along about 0W 20 oils or LM is confused?
Re: Carquest/Milex Deals & Specials Thread courtesy of Rad Auto Works by thebigkendo(m): 5:19pm On Oct 10, 2018
Please nobody should respond to that fool clown
Re: Carquest/Milex Deals & Specials Thread courtesy of Rad Auto Works by radautoworks: 5:22pm On Oct 10, 2018
VolvoS60:

^^^
It gets even more interesting.

For years, I thought all 0W 20 oils were synthetic. I have seen that info repeated on quite a number of auto web
sites. Yet I just saw a couple of 0W 20 LM oils with 'synthetic technology' or synthesese technology (whatever they mean) labels. Whether 'synthetic technology' means semi-synthetic or not isn't clear - what is very clear though is that there are some other LM oils that are clearly labelled 100% synthetic without any ambiguous phrasing.

So was i wrong all along about 0W 20 oils or LM is confused?

Shenanigans by LM
Re: Carquest/Milex Deals & Specials Thread courtesy of Rad Auto Works by VolvoS60(m): 5:27pm On Oct 10, 2018
thebigkendo:

^^^
Funny enough I now check oil when the engine is warm. For donkey years I checked when cold only to read a couple of Toyota owners manuals this year and they all advise to check oil when warm!

Modified: it does make sense to check when warm (5 to 10 minutes after switching engine off) - this gives a more accurate picture of oil levels since the oil has gone through the entire engine .
Re: Carquest/Milex Deals & Specials Thread courtesy of Rad Auto Works by dru23(m): 5:31pm On Oct 10, 2018
radautoworks:

Oh! Was running on fumes and didn't get it!

Before nko...
Re: Carquest/Milex Deals & Specials Thread courtesy of Rad Auto Works by VolvoS60(m): 5:34pm On Oct 10, 2018
radautoworks:

They must be hurting for business. That makes no sense though because don't they make all weights?

^^^
Exactly.

Very odd. I've never used their products b4 but will try them out very soon.
Re: Carquest/Milex Deals & Specials Thread courtesy of Rad Auto Works by dru23(m): 5:35pm On Oct 10, 2018
Aunty Rad , what is your take on conventional oil ...can I switch from conventional oil to full synthetic, even though the car has no issues at all and year model of the car is an 07... your response will be greatly appreciated...

1 Like

Re: Carquest/Milex Deals & Specials Thread courtesy of Rad Auto Works by thebigkendo(m): 5:36pm On Oct 10, 2018
VolvoS60:

^^^
Funny enough I now check oil when the engine is warm. For donkey years I checked when cold only to read a couple of Toyota owners manuals this year and they all advise to check oil when warm!

Which I guess is warm.. But what is "few minutes"

Re: Carquest/Milex Deals & Specials Thread courtesy of Rad Auto Works by alstarmayo(m): 12:08pm On Oct 18, 2018
Good afternoon, what kind of spark plugs will you recommend for 2005 Toyota Corolla, and how much do they go for?
Re: Carquest/Milex Deals & Specials Thread courtesy of Rad Auto Works by radautoworks: 3:53pm On Oct 18, 2018
alstarmayo:
Good afternoon, what kind of spark plugs will you recommend for 2005 Toyota Corolla, and how much do they go for?

Hello, please email support@radautoworks.com. I'm limited in what I can do right now.
Re: Carquest/Milex Deals & Specials Thread courtesy of Rad Auto Works by Newbreed2018: 4:18pm On Oct 18, 2018
Just a quick one ma'am. Plz wat cud b responsible for high fuel consumption in a car? Car is lexus es330 2004 model v6, no check engine light, kazeems are lost on what to do.

Secondly any outlet of urs in port harcourt?
Re: Carquest/Milex Deals & Specials Thread courtesy of Rad Auto Works by radautoworks: 6:31pm On Oct 18, 2018
Newbreed2018:
Just a quick one ma'am. Plz wat cud b responsible for high fuel consumption in a car? Car is lexus es330 2004 model v6, no check engine light, kazeems are lost on what to do.

Secondly any outlet of urs in port harcourt?

When you say high consumption, do you mean it recently increased or you just feel it is high? If it recently increased, did your driving habits change?

Could be as simple as oil change, spark plugs, air filter, etc. You're sure the check engine light is not just disabled? O2 sensors will do that too but you should have gotten a check engine light.

First thing I would do is change my air filter if you never have. Do that and see if it makes a difference. Cheapest fix and quite often the culprit if no check engine light.
Re: Carquest/Milex Deals & Specials Thread courtesy of Rad Auto Works by Newbreed2018: 8:00pm On Oct 18, 2018
radautoworks:

When you say high consumption, do you mean it recently increased or you just feel it is high? If it recently increased, did your driving habits change?

Could be as simple as oil change, spark plugs, air filter, etc. You're sure the check engine light is not just disabled? O2 sensors will do that too but you should have gotten a check engine light.

First thing I would do is change my air filter if you never have. Do that and see if it makes a difference. Cheapest fix and quite often the culprit if no check engine light.
Tnx 4 ur time ma. Oil has bn changed, Plugs were recently changed wit Original Denso plugs frm d US. Air filter is still very neat according to my mech. Will look into air filter replacement.
Re: Carquest/Milex Deals & Specials Thread courtesy of Rad Auto Works by alstarmayo(m): 9:53pm On Oct 18, 2018
Thanks

radautoworks:

Hello, please email support@radautoworks.com. I'm limited in what I can do right now.
Re: Carquest/Milex Deals & Specials Thread courtesy of Rad Auto Works by obekediamondfuto(m): 10:24pm On Oct 18, 2018
dru23:
Aunty Rad , what is your take on conventional oil ...can I switch from conventional oil to full synthetic, even though the car has no issues at all and year model of the car is an 07... your response will be greatly appreciated...

baba oooo

I hail oh

1 Like

Re: Carquest/Milex Deals & Specials Thread courtesy of Rad Auto Works by radautoworks: 11:30pm On Oct 18, 2018
Newbreed2018:
Tnx 4 ur time ma. Oil has bn changed, Plugs were recently changed wit Original Denso plugs frm d US. Air filter is still very neat according to my mech. Will look into air filter replacement.

Check your tire pressures and what type of oil are you putting in? If that's not it, time to escalate to checking fuel injectors, pump and scan for O2 code even though you're not seeing a check engine light.
Re: Carquest/Milex Deals & Specials Thread courtesy of Rad Auto Works by dru23(m): 8:48am On Oct 19, 2018
obekediamondfuto:

baba oooo

I hail oh

Re: Carquest/Milex Deals & Specials Thread courtesy of Rad Auto Works by dru23(m): 8:57am On Oct 19, 2018
alstarmayo:
Thanks

Oga, how far.. How is your fram ultra synthetic oil filter.. Please I need an honest review from you.... Thanks
Re: Carquest/Milex Deals & Specials Thread courtesy of Rad Auto Works by Newbreed2018: 9:38am On Oct 19, 2018
radautoworks:

Check your tire pressures and what type of oil are you putting in? If that's not it, time to escalate to checking fuel injectors, pump and scan for O2 code even though you're not seeing a check engine light.
sadly as i may put it, i use 20w50. Car is 172 k miles actual. Didnt know about synthetic until i started visiting NL car talk. This is my 4th oil change on 20w50 at 3k miles.
Secondly i have a welded pan on my exhaust silencer. A broken part and pan was welded ontop.
Could dat also b a culprit? Just asking ni.
Re: Carquest/Milex Deals & Specials Thread courtesy of Rad Auto Works by VolvoS60(m): 12:50pm On Oct 19, 2018
OP,

what's your take on motor oil made for a particular engine manufacturer?

I have some oil made for Ford engines (5W 20 specific 948 B) that meets the following OEM approvals (FORD WSS M2C 948B; JAGUAR LAND ROVER – STJLR.03.5004). I assume it is safe to use this oil for a toyota requiring an SL rated oil of the same viscosity?

My layman's take on this is that since Ford's 948 B is one of its most recent (if not the most recent) approvals, this oil should be fine for use in an older toyota engine. But then again, I could be wrong.

P.S. There are a couple of things about your enterprise I want to discuss privately via PM.
Re: Carquest/Milex Deals & Specials Thread courtesy of Rad Auto Works by radautoworks: 3:46pm On Oct 19, 2018
Newbreed2018:
sadly as i may put it, i use 20w50. Car is 172 k miles actual. Didnt know about synthetic until i started visiting NL car talk. This is my 4th oil change on 20w50 at 3k miles.
Secondly i have a welded pan on my exhaust silencer. A broken part and pan was welded ontop.
Could dat also b a culprit? Just asking ni.

Synthetic is not the problem. You're using the wrong weight. While the mind set here is to keep using it, I recommend you switch to conventional oil at the correct weigh for your car.

And yes, I think we just found the problem in your welded pan.
Re: Carquest/Milex Deals & Specials Thread courtesy of Rad Auto Works by radautoworks: 3:47pm On Oct 19, 2018
VolvoS60:

OP,

what's your take on motor oil made for a particular engine manufacturer?

I have some oil made for Ford engines (5W 20 specific 948 B) that meets the following OEM approvals (FORD WSS M2C 948B; JAGUAR LAND ROVER – STJLR.03.5004). I assume it is safe to use this oil for a toyota requiring an SL rated oil of the same viscosity?

My layman's take on this is that since Ford's 948 B is one of its most recent (if not the most recent) approvals, this oil should be fine for use in an older toyota engine. But then again, I could be wrong.

P.S. There are a couple of things about your enterprise I want to discuss privately via PM.

Long as it's the same weight, shouldn't be a problem. Will look out for your message.
Re: Carquest/Milex Deals & Specials Thread courtesy of Rad Auto Works by Newbreed2018: 5:57pm On Oct 19, 2018
radautoworks:

Synthetic is not the problem. You're using the wrong weight. While the mind set here is to keep using it, I recommend you switch to conventional oil at the correct weigh for your car.

And yes, I think we just found the problem in your welded pan.
Thank u ma. The story behind the welded pan on my silencer is dat a piece of rust, the size of a little stone broke inside d silencer thereby making noise(running around) and in other to remove d matter, d silencer was torn open, d rust removed and d silencer was welded back wit a pan ontop. Could dat b a reason 4 d high fuel consumption?
Pardon me plz i'm a novice in ds area.
Re: Carquest/Milex Deals & Specials Thread courtesy of Rad Auto Works by radautoworks: 6:07pm On Oct 19, 2018
Newbreed2018:
Thank u ma. The story behind the welded pan on my silencer is dat a piece of rust, the size of a little stone broke inside d silencer thereby making noise(running around) and in other to remove d matter, d silencer was torn open, d rust removed and d silencer was welded back wit a pan ontop. Could dat b a reason 4 d high fuel consumption?
Pardon me plz i'm a novice in ds area.

Pretty sure that's the problem. Need to take it somewhere to confirm though.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

2019 Mercedes Benz A-class Now Comes As A Saloon Car Too (photos) / Check Out The Latest Toyota Hilux 2020 / How To Verify If Your Car Number Plate Is Authentic Or Fake

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.