Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,545 members, 7,819,939 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:06 AM

Carquest/Milex Deals & Specials Thread courtesy of Rad Auto Works - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Carquest/Milex Deals & Specials Thread courtesy of Rad Auto Works (32782 Views)

Is Rad Auto Works "Expensive"? / MR T-MILEX/CARQUEST/RAD AUTO WORKS 2020 Diagnostic Scanner Christmas Giveaway / Useful Car Information at Mr. Transmission/Milex, Carquest BLOG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Carquest/Milex Deals & Specials Thread courtesy of Rad Auto Works by dru23(m): 8:36pm On Oct 07, 2018
radautoworks:

The Eminem-MGK beef gave me some clarity when it comes to this guy. It's a catch 22. By destroying MGK, Eminem have him a lot of publicity he wouldn't have had. On the other hand, he couldn't very well let MGK go running his mouth. He dropped his diss record, murdered MGK and then ignored him, starving him of the popularity he was getting for his new album. Same thing here.

Dru's already been revealed to be a 2-bit hustler. Replying to him only gives him our audience who wouldn't otherwise know he existed. Diss record was already dropped. Now to sit back and watch him flail.

Re: Carquest/Milex Deals & Specials Thread courtesy of Rad Auto Works by radautoworks: 9:58pm On Oct 07, 2018
oluwaseunla:
And the thread derailing has started. Hope you won't have to close this one too.

Nah. I won't. Take a lot more.

2 Likes

Re: Carquest/Milex Deals & Specials Thread courtesy of Rad Auto Works by Nobody: 1:01pm On Oct 09, 2018
I just drove into carquest for the promo oil change.... I want to see the person behind radautoworks handle.....
Re: Carquest/Milex Deals & Specials Thread courtesy of Rad Auto Works by banky3w(m): 1:30pm On Oct 09, 2018
Bad English from our States oil seller...... Please guy, can you at least toggle the 'auto-correct' and 'spell check' button on your keyboard app and save us some of the headaches? tongue tongue

1 Like

Re: Carquest/Milex Deals & Specials Thread courtesy of Rad Auto Works by radautoworks: 3:32pm On Oct 09, 2018
lagostaxiguy:
I just drove into carquest for the promo oil change.... I want to see the person behind radautoworks handle.....

She is safely ensconced I'm Houston Texas right now lol. But you can see the husband Glen. Just ask for him and tell him you're from Nairaland. He loves to meet you guys.

1 Like

Re: Carquest/Milex Deals & Specials Thread courtesy of Rad Auto Works by radautoworks: 3:33pm On Oct 09, 2018
banky3w:
Bad English from our States oil seller...... Please guy, can you at least toggle the 'auto-correct' and 'spell check' button on your keyboard app and save us some of the headaches? tongue tongue

?? Where?? I pride myself on my OCD about grammar.
Re: Carquest/Milex Deals & Specials Thread courtesy of Rad Auto Works by thebigkendo(m): 3:38pm On Oct 09, 2018
Aunty radu my oil filter was not available cry cry cry
4 cylinder 2006 Honda Accord Ex-L.
What if i had come for Oil-tober oil change promo?
Re: Carquest/Milex Deals & Specials Thread courtesy of Rad Auto Works by radautoworks: 3:41pm On Oct 09, 2018
thebigkendo:
Aunty radu my oil filter was not available cry cry cry
4 cylinder 2006 Honda Accord Ex-L.
What if i had come for Oil-tober oil change promo?

Seriously?? That's a popular vehicle. Someone must have forgotten to restock. Ordering a few now. Will soon be there (some strikes going on in customs from what GIG tells me)

In that case we would have given a rain check and brought it in.

1 Like

Re: Carquest/Milex Deals & Specials Thread courtesy of Rad Auto Works by thebigkendo(m): 4:45pm On Oct 09, 2018
radautoworks:

Seriously?? That's a popular vehicle. Someone must have forgotten to restock. Ordering a few now. Will soon be there (some strikes going on in customs from what GIG tells me)

In that case we would have given a rain check and brought it in.

Exactly my thought!!!!

Suggestion:
Please fix the dollar pricing ish, else prices will keep fluctuating up & down.
I got the Conventional oil at N10,347 as against the N9,490 or N9,855 you stated earlier, now imagine if it was a more expensive item, price difference would have been more.

N10,347 for 5 8 QT of 5w-30 is still a good bargain grin grin grin grin

radautoworks:

Carquest All Season 5w-30 N2,190 per quart, N9,490 for 5 quart jug both in stock in Lagos (quart=liter approximately)
http://weblink.carquest.com/acl/?mfgName=CQO&partNumber=CQ620
http://weblink.carquest.com/acl/?mfgName=CQO&partNumber=CQ620-5QT

Valvoline, Castrol, Pennzoil, Mobil also can be brought in but not necessary with conventional.

radautoworks:

5W30 is the ONLY recommended oil for this car. I've also put all your other fluids for you below

CARQUEST All Season Motor Oil, 5W-30 N9,855 http://weblink.carquest.com/acl/?mfgName=CQO&partNumber=CQ620-5QT

OR

CARQUEST Synthetic Motor Oil, 5W-30 N16,060 http://weblink.carquest.com/acl/?mfgName=CQO&partNumber=CQ930-5QT

You can use either but be aware once you start using synthetic oil, it is NOT recommended to go back to conventional.

1 Like

Re: Carquest/Milex Deals & Specials Thread courtesy of Rad Auto Works by radautoworks: 4:58pm On Oct 09, 2018
thebigkendo:

Exactly my thought!!!!

Suggestion:
I got the Conventional oil at N10,347 as against the N9,490 or N9,855 you stated earlier, now imagine if it was a more expensive item, price difference would have been more.

It shouldn't have fluctuated. We use a flat rate. They owe you the difference. If you're ever told something different from what I said, show them screenshot or ask for manager!

1 Like

Re: Carquest/Milex Deals & Specials Thread courtesy of Rad Auto Works by thebigkendo(m): 5:04pm On Oct 09, 2018
radautoworks:

It shouldn't have fluctuated. We use a flat rate. They owe you the difference. If you're ever told something different from what I said, show them screenshot or ask for manager!

Interesting.. So whats the way forward? grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Carquest/Milex Deals & Specials Thread courtesy of Rad Auto Works by b2212(m): 5:09pm On Oct 09, 2018
Aunty Radu, I want! how much is delivery to say Marina in CBD Lagos.

thebigkendo:

Exactly my thought!!!!

Suggestion:

Re: Carquest/Milex Deals & Specials Thread courtesy of Rad Auto Works by thebigkendo(m): 5:12pm On Oct 09, 2018
b2212:

Price was for Conventional not synthetic
Re: Carquest/Milex Deals & Specials Thread courtesy of Rad Auto Works by b2212(m): 5:18pm On Oct 09, 2018
thebigkendo:

Price was for Conventional not synthetic

i am more particular about the weight. people have been using toyota oil thinking it was synthetic.

1 Like

Re: Carquest/Milex Deals & Specials Thread courtesy of Rad Auto Works by thebigkendo(m): 5:21pm On Oct 09, 2018
b2212:

i am more particular about the weight. people have been using toyota oil thinking it was synthetic.

My brother chop knuckle!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Carquest/Milex Deals & Specials Thread courtesy of Rad Auto Works by radautoworks: 5:46pm On Oct 09, 2018
b2212:

I'm thinking about N1,000 I don't have the delivery rates with me. They can tell you if you call the shop. Numbers are on first post of our main thread.

1 Like

Re: Carquest/Milex Deals & Specials Thread courtesy of Rad Auto Works by radautoworks: 5:49pm On Oct 09, 2018
b2212:

This is what we've been saying. Thank you!

1 Like

Re: Carquest/Milex Deals & Specials Thread courtesy of Rad Auto Works by radautoworks: 5:51pm On Oct 09, 2018
lagostaxiguy:

Artist rendering grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Carquest/Milex Deals & Specials Thread courtesy of Rad Auto Works by thebigkendo(m): 6:40pm On Oct 09, 2018
radautoworks:

Or I could just give him my link grin grin
Re: Carquest/Milex Deals & Specials Thread courtesy of Rad Auto Works by radautoworks: 6:43pm On Oct 09, 2018
thebigkendo:

Or I could just give him my link grin grin

undecided lol
Re: Carquest/Milex Deals & Specials Thread courtesy of Rad Auto Works by seunoj: 7:11pm On Oct 09, 2018
Is there a connection the coupon for oil service and oiltober?

Meaning, if I get to do the service - I still get my extra3 quartz
Re: Carquest/Milex Deals & Specials Thread courtesy of Rad Auto Works by radautoworks: 7:50pm On Oct 09, 2018
seunoj:
Is there a connection the coupon for oil service and oiltober?

Meaning, if I get to do the service - I still get my extra3 quartz

If you get a regular oil change yes. If you're trying to get the October oil change special that includes 5 quarts, no. Fine print here. One coupon per visit. Specials cannot be combined.

https://www.mrtransmissionmilexnigeria.com/coupons

1 Like

Re: Carquest/Milex Deals & Specials Thread courtesy of Rad Auto Works by VolvoS60(m): 1:51pm On Oct 10, 2018
thebigkendo:

My brother chop knuckle!!!!!

^^^
I thought along the same lines as you do - to the point where I took a calculated risk on changing oils (after several years of using oils with the wrong viscosity). Only for me to read a few days ago on liqui moly's site that viscosity isn't important?

https://www.liqui-moly.com/en/service/faq/faqtopic/motor-oil.html

undecided

A lot of ambiguous info out there...
Re: Carquest/Milex Deals & Specials Thread courtesy of Rad Auto Works by VolvoS60(m): 1:55pm On Oct 10, 2018
radautoworks:

This is what we've been saying. Thank you!

^^^
A major lubricants manufacturer seems to think viscosity isn't that important.

Goes against a lot we've heard in recent times undecided
Re: Carquest/Milex Deals & Specials Thread courtesy of Rad Auto Works by Nobody: 2:20pm On Oct 10, 2018
radautoworks:

Lol... Nice one, so I ended up soenind 3 hours against the calculated 45mins, jamrock didn't have most things on their menu so hunger almost finished me. Will be back there tomorrow, please you guys need to stock basic parts, like belts, etc.

1 Like

Re: Carquest/Milex Deals & Specials Thread courtesy of Rad Auto Works by thebigkendo(m): 4:20pm On Oct 10, 2018
VolvoS60:

^^^
I thought along the same lines as you do - to the point where I took a calculated risk on changing oils (after several years of using oils with the wrong viscosity). Only for me to read a few days ago on liqui moly's site that viscosity isn't important?

undecided

A lot of ambiguous info out there...

Between the words of my engine maker or oil company trying to sell product?

Personally i'ld rather follow the instruction of the engine maker.

Viscosity & engine maker specification

2 Likes

Re: Carquest/Milex Deals & Specials Thread courtesy of Rad Auto Works by radautoworks: 4:21pm On Oct 10, 2018
lagostaxiguy:

Lol... Nice one, so I ended up soenind 3 hours against the calculated 45mins, jamrock didn't have most things on their menu so hunger almost finished me. Will be back there tomorrow, please you guys need to stock basic parts, like belts, etc.

JamRock didn't have most things? Did they give a reason? We have in stock thousands of parts. Hard to predict all the parts we would need so this first year we will have a lot of parts that need to be brought in on demand until we fully understand the market. What kind of car do you have?

Why did it take so long? What was the problem? I really need to get home cry

1 Like

Re: Carquest/Milex Deals & Specials Thread courtesy of Rad Auto Works by banky3w(m): 4:21pm On Oct 10, 2018
dru23:

dru23:
You have no sense of humour at all... am joking around pushing your buttons.. Still you don't get it ....why is a big fish concerning himself with a little fish... calm down and relax... after u ignore me for a while I get tired now abi...? Smh.. You are dealing with a guy that has too much time on his head..... No one is taking your business down or slandering it.. You are a new mother enjoy, and don't focus on things that you can't gain nothing from ....my two cent... if u like abuse me after this ,I go just response in a funny way .....

1.. In warfare never let your enemy know your weakness .....control your emotions.... "If you can't control your emotions, you can't control ur money " .
I'm referring to this handler ma'am.
Re: Carquest/Milex Deals & Specials Thread courtesy of Rad Auto Works by radautoworks: 4:22pm On Oct 10, 2018
VolvoS60:

^^^
A major lubricants manufacturer seems to think viscosity isn't that important.

Goes against a lot we've heard in recent times undecided

What thebigkendo said. We go with what the makers say.

1 Like

Re: Carquest/Milex Deals & Specials Thread courtesy of Rad Auto Works by thebigkendo(m): 4:33pm On Oct 10, 2018
banky3w:

Oga why u dey mention that guy na.. You no like the peace weh dey dis thread?..
E go soon come dey post rubbish now

1 Like

Re: Carquest/Milex Deals & Specials Thread courtesy of Rad Auto Works by VolvoS60(m): 4:38pm On Oct 10, 2018
thebigkendo:

Between the words of my engine maker or oil company trying to sell product?

Personally i'ld rather follow the instruction of the engine maker
Viscosity & engine maker specification

^^^
I would go with the engine maker's instructions too. I just find it incredible that a major lubricants player would make such a controversial statement. Virtually all the lubricants marketers recommend conformity with motor manufacturers recommended oil grade quality AND viscosity. This is the first time I'm seeing something like this.

1 Like

Re: Carquest/Milex Deals & Specials Thread courtesy of Rad Auto Works by dru23(m): 4:41pm On Oct 10, 2018
banky3w:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

How Good Is Oven Baked Painting / 2 Reasons Nigeria Policemen Like To Stop Suvs At Checkpoints / Pictures That Show That Rolls Royce Denotes Luxury And Royalty

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.