Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,824 members, 7,810,167 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:22 PM

Carrot Jollof Rice: How To Prepare Jollof Rice With Carrot And No Tomatoes - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Carrot Jollof Rice: How To Prepare Jollof Rice With Carrot And No Tomatoes (33057 Views)

Concoction Native Jollof Rice Recipe | Palm Oil Rice With No Tomatoes (Photos) / Smoky Hot Jollof Rice With Roasted Turkey Meat (pix&video) / Simple Nigerian Fried Rice. How To Cook Pocket Friendly Fried Rice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Carrot Jollof Rice: How To Prepare Jollof Rice With Carrot And No Tomatoes by innytee: 3:47pm On Jul 03, 2018
Folashade2016:
Been there done that.
Not new to me.
BTW nice one tho.

check my SIGNATURE
I don't believe u
Re: Carrot Jollof Rice: How To Prepare Jollof Rice With Carrot And No Tomatoes by Mhizrohzz(f): 4:03pm On Jul 03, 2018
definitely trying dis tongue
Re: Carrot Jollof Rice: How To Prepare Jollof Rice With Carrot And No Tomatoes by smart6(m): 4:23pm On Jul 03, 2018
Mhizrohzz:
definitely trying dis tongue
Really. Especially now these cows tell us tomatoes are scarce and expensive.
Re: Carrot Jollof Rice: How To Prepare Jollof Rice With Carrot And No Tomatoes by Mhizrohzz(f): 4:55pm On Jul 03, 2018
smart6:

Really. Especially now these cows tell us tomatoes are scarce and expensive.
lol.....but u re aware dat u can mk stew wit carrot too??

1 Like

Re: Carrot Jollof Rice: How To Prepare Jollof Rice With Carrot And No Tomatoes by vinegurl(f): 5:13pm On Jul 03, 2018
Mhizrohzz:

I have carrot stew though that I made earlier on
Re: Carrot Jollof Rice: How To Prepare Jollof Rice With Carrot And No Tomatoes by vinegurl(f): 5:15pm On Jul 03, 2018
Willexmania:

Wife Material
y
Thanks dear

1 Like

Re: Carrot Jollof Rice: How To Prepare Jollof Rice With Carrot And No Tomatoes by vinegurl(f): 5:16pm On Jul 03, 2018
Spacko007:
@op where did you get your fish stock from, coz ur fish looks fried.
Sorry o didn't mention it, I first of all boiled the fish to extract it before frying it.

1 Like

Re: Carrot Jollof Rice: How To Prepare Jollof Rice With Carrot And No Tomatoes by SantaDomino(m): 5:50pm On Jul 03, 2018
Op, believe me when I say this... We'll make a great team in culinary matter.

1 Like

Re: Carrot Jollof Rice: How To Prepare Jollof Rice With Carrot And No Tomatoes by smart6(m): 5:51pm On Jul 03, 2018
Mhizrohzz:

Ah! That too? i dino kno o. I pray wifey knows plenty recipes like this... I like variety.
Re: Carrot Jollof Rice: How To Prepare Jollof Rice With Carrot And No Tomatoes by SantaDomino(m): 5:54pm On Jul 03, 2018
Folashade2016:
Been there done that.
Not new to me.
BTW nice one tho.

check my SIGNATURE

I see beef in your heart..."
Re: Carrot Jollof Rice: How To Prepare Jollof Rice With Carrot And No Tomatoes by JohnQueen(m): 5:54pm On Jul 03, 2018
Gaskiya I have to try this

1 Like

Re: Carrot Jollof Rice: How To Prepare Jollof Rice With Carrot And No Tomatoes by vinegurl(f): 6:01pm On Jul 03, 2018
SantaDomino:
Op, believe me when I say this... We'll make a great team in culinary matter.
Hahahah. I think so

1 Like

Re: Carrot Jollof Rice: How To Prepare Jollof Rice With Carrot And No Tomatoes by vinegurl(f): 6:02pm On Jul 03, 2018
JohnQueen:
Gaskiya I have to try this
Yes you should
Re: Carrot Jollof Rice: How To Prepare Jollof Rice With Carrot And No Tomatoes by SantaDomino(m): 6:04pm On Jul 03, 2018
Hit me up if you want to try new dishes

vinegurl:

Hahahah. I think so
Re: Carrot Jollof Rice: How To Prepare Jollof Rice With Carrot And No Tomatoes by SirBunky85(m): 9:16pm On Jul 03, 2018
overdrive:
I am already salivating.
me too
Re: Carrot Jollof Rice: How To Prepare Jollof Rice With Carrot And No Tomatoes by SirBunky85(m): 9:22pm On Jul 03, 2018
vinegurl:

My dear there is no specific way the Igbo or the Yoruba tribe prepare jollof rice. It all depends on what you want to add or not add to your jollof rice.

One may decide to add crayfish to it or more peppers and vegetables while another person may not add any of these. I only know the Yorubas love so much pepper in thier dishes but I'm not really sure if they like their jollof rice very spicy, but I do know thar both tribes use tomatoes to make jollof rice.

Yes old Igbo women cook party jollof rice, obviously they prepare smoky party jollof rice using firewood.

To your last question: jollof rice is not peculiar to any tribe in Nigeria. It is a general dish in Nigeria.

Hope have answered you?
u evn time to dey reply am.
Re: Carrot Jollof Rice: How To Prepare Jollof Rice With Carrot And No Tomatoes by Mhizrohzz(f): 10:43pm On Jul 03, 2018
vinegurl:
I have carrot stew though that I made earlier on
awww on my mind already
Re: Carrot Jollof Rice: How To Prepare Jollof Rice With Carrot And No Tomatoes by kingkoded: 2:32pm On Jul 04, 2018
8. Spiced Apple Chips

Crispy and sweet, with no added sugar and just a sprinkling of cinnamon and nutmeg, they make a perfect snack to satisfy midday (and late night) cravings. Simple and delicious, and who can resist that adorable little star?

Spiced Apple Chips

Ingredients:
• Apples. Any number of any variety. (You can't really mess this part up.)
• A dash of cinnamon
• A pinch of nutmeg

Directions:

• Preheat oven to 220F/ 105 Celsius, and line two large baking pans with parchment paper.
• Using a knife or a mandolin, slice apples as thin as possible. Lay them side by side on a baking sheet, being careful not to overlap, lest you want conjoined chips.
• Gently and carefully sprinkle a thin coating of cinnamon on the chips, and follow with a light dusting of nutmeg.
• Bake for one hour, flip the slices, and bake for one hour more. Place on a wire cooling rack. Chips will crisp up as they cool.

NEXT (7-1) https://promomonger.com/8-healthier-alternatives-to-potato-chips/

Re: Carrot Jollof Rice: How To Prepare Jollof Rice With Carrot And No Tomatoes by JohnQueen(m): 9:57pm On Jul 16, 2018
vinegurl:

Yes you should

And yes I did. After a hard day's work I decided to close out today with your dish vinegurl

1 Like

Re: Carrot Jollof Rice: How To Prepare Jollof Rice With Carrot And No Tomatoes by vinegurl(f): 12:16am On Jul 19, 2018
JohnQueen:

And yes I did. After a hard day's work I decided to close out today with your dish vinegurl
Yummy, I'm glad you did

1 Like

Re: Carrot Jollof Rice: How To Prepare Jollof Rice With Carrot And No Tomatoes by twinskenny(m): 12:16am On Oct 12, 2018
vinegurl:

Yummy, I'm glad you did
do u cook to sell?

1 Like

Re: Carrot Jollof Rice: How To Prepare Jollof Rice With Carrot And No Tomatoes by vinegurl(f): 7:49am On Oct 12, 2018
twinskenny:

do u cook to sell?
Not started that yet
Re: Carrot Jollof Rice: How To Prepare Jollof Rice With Carrot And No Tomatoes by SilasIBB: 11:59am On Dec 20, 2021
Good

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Afang Soup In Three Easy Steps (Pictures) / 'How Tomato Paste Importers Are Killing Nigerians' - Erisco Foods (2015) / Food: Who Would You Visit? (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.