Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,718 members, 7,831,281 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:31 PM

Why Do Nigerians In America Have A Serious Pained Look On Their Faces? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Do Nigerians In America Have A Serious Pained Look On Their Faces? (2570 Views)

The Look On Amaechi's Face At The Ministerial Retreat / I know what pained the people - Jonathan / Gov. Rotimi Amaechi Insults Nollywood Practitioners To Their Faces (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Nigerians In America Have A Serious Pained Look On Their Faces? by MandingoII(m): 3:34am On Jun 09, 2010
Lighten up mofos?

Its not that damn serious, ALL THE TIME!!!! shocked

I understand you may fell out of sorts and all, but NOBODY is OUT to GET YOU!!!!

Sheeez, you  mofos are doing it to yourselves and blaming others when they look at you like YOU got a FUNK AND STANK attitude.

That's fugged up. 

A smiling Nigerian is NONEXISTENT in America.  I guess because they trying to buy the next thing to feel esteemable.

I don't know, but I'm done trying to figure it out.
Re: Why Do Nigerians In America Have A Serious Pained Look On Their Faces? by udezue(m): 3:38am On Jun 09, 2010
U need to check urself in to psychiatric clinic.
Re: Why Do Nigerians In America Have A Serious Pained Look On Their Faces? by MandingoII(m): 3:40am On Jun 09, 2010
U need to check urself in to psychiatric clinic.

see.

Told ya.

always negative, and they bring that PAIN from Nigeria to the Good Ole USA.
Re: Why Do Nigerians In America Have A Serious Pained Look On Their Faces? by EzeUche(m): 3:50am On Jun 09, 2010
Does my face looked pained?

The akata girls just love the look on my face.
Re: Why Do Nigerians In America Have A Serious Pained Look On Their Faces? by udezue(m): 4:00am On Jun 09, 2010
Mandingo,
It was just a simple suggestion from a concerned member of NL. U can decide whatever u want after all its a free world but I do think u have mental issues to take care of. Alright my nigga.
Re: Why Do Nigerians In America Have A Serious Pained Look On Their Faces? by Jakumo(m): 5:54am On Jun 09, 2010
Right from the time Nigerian kids attend grade school, Mandingo, they are "corrected" by the teacher every time they get to looking too cheerful, with the words " You are not serious", so the stern expressions of Nigerians are a cultural thang, learned right from childhood.

Most photo portraits of Nigerians show scowling, frowning people, who have been instructed by the professional photographer to " look serious", so as not to appear unsophisticated and " bush". Ironically, of course, those funeral attendee faces are the KEY to identifying the home-raised Nigerians in any group photo portrait. Glance through a Nigerian newspaper sometime, and you can bet that any pictures of smiling people are most likely of American or European-raised blacks, and NOT of Nigerians.

Check out the following old school Nigerian portraits, to get a better idea of what I mean. Note those polyester slacks on the dude as well. Ha ha ha

Re: Why Do Nigerians In America Have A Serious Pained Look On Their Faces? by dayokanu(m): 6:22am On Jun 09, 2010
You know most of them dont depend on Social security or welfare to pay their child support to their 4th baby momma at age 27.

Most of them havent been in jil and dont have tattoos on every part of their body, they dont live in projects but rather struggle to work and pay their rents and bill.
Re: Why Do Nigerians In America Have A Serious Pained Look On Their Faces? by Nobody: 6:24am On Jun 09, 2010
^^ROTFL!

Tehehhee.

Is this retard back already? Mandigo, nobody was missing you.
Re: Why Do Nigerians In America Have A Serious Pained Look On Their Faces? by chika98: 6:24am On Jun 09, 2010
This topic is so idiotic and irrelevant.
Re: Why Do Nigerians In America Have A Serious Pained Look On Their Faces? by oyinda3(f): 6:41am On Jun 09, 2010
it's a cultural thing.

most nigerians (or other foreigners for that matter) who comes to the US for the first time are awed by American affinity for smiling or cheerfulness. this comes across as fake to most.

but i feel African Americans are the same. they aren't as smiley and cheerful as the white americans. so i don't get the point of this topic. they have even colder look than africans most times.
Re: Why Do Nigerians In America Have A Serious Pained Look On Their Faces? by rhymz(m): 6:43am On Jun 09, 2010
Hahahaha. . . Me sef go soon create my own thread; why do Nigerians abroad look over-excited whenever you see em, abi dem dey high them for there with Gbazaquin. . .lol. . Dumb thread!
Re: Why Do Nigerians In America Have A Serious Pained Look On Their Faces? by Nobody: 7:59am On Jun 09, 2010
^^^^
perhaps it takes a DUMB GUY to spot a dumb thread.,.

Just saying
Re: Why Do Nigerians In America Have A Serious Pained Look On Their Faces? by pappilo(m): 8:04am On Jun 09, 2010
@ Jakumo

Very true.

Not sure bout ur pics though lol
Re: Why Do Nigerians In America Have A Serious Pained Look On Their Faces? by tkb417(m): 9:01am On Jun 09, 2010
na wa for this thread o
Re: Why Do Nigerians In America Have A Serious Pained Look On Their Faces? by rhymz(m): 9:26am On Jun 09, 2010
Adolf bad
you are an idiot! What exactly is the sense here, you person. You better mind how you run the heavy stench that come outta ya mouth before you force me to derail this thread, Swine!
Re: Why Do Nigerians In America Have A Serious Pained Look On Their Faces? by Nobody: 10:59am On Jun 09, 2010
^^^^
STUPIDITY really is a CHOICE
you can always feel free to remain st.upid
Re: Why Do Nigerians In America Have A Serious Pained Look On Their Faces? by rhymz(m): 11:40am On Jun 09, 2010
At least I know an idiot that has made that Choice with the alacrity and vigour of a slowpoke. Every minute you spend out of bed is a waste of time, just sleep and don't wake up, you are better off in oblivion,person!
Re: Why Do Nigerians In America Have A Serious Pained Look On Their Faces? by Nobody: 12:12pm On Jun 09, 2010
^^
How old are you??
Re: Why Do Nigerians In America Have A Serious Pained Look On Their Faces? by hIJOlIBrE: 12:28pm On Jun 09, 2010
The thread's dumb in fact. angry What is the meaning of "Serious pained look"? There haf be some insinuation here.
Re: Why Do Nigerians In America Have A Serious Pained Look On Their Faces? by rhymz(m): 12:36pm On Jun 09, 2010
Old enough to school you on the imperatives of controlling your inherent stupidity when commenting on a public forum such as this. I know common sense and decent behaviour are luxuries out of your reach, that is why I want to bully you so you can feel sorry for yourself. Now go back to sleep and stop wasting time.
Re: Why Do Nigerians In America Have A Serious Pained Look On Their Faces? by Nobody: 1:06pm On Jun 09, 2010
^^
on the contrary.,.
perhaps chatting with you NOW isn't really a complete waste of my time,
though you might come across as an 'old fool seeking attention'
but i may not really see you as 'ENTIRELY S.TUPID'
Re: Why Do Nigerians In America Have A Serious Pained Look On Their Faces? by kelewa: 2:34pm On Jun 09, 2010
so this is politics? is the moderator sleeping?

i wonder why mandingo cant comment on the pained faces of everyone connected with that gulf oil spill in his country?

jakumo- lay off, punk. 

abugo. angry
Re: Why Do Nigerians In America Have A Serious Pained Look On Their Faces? by redsun(m): 2:45pm On Jun 09, 2010
This question should be directed to jamaicans who take pride in looking tough and rude.Nigerian not only smile,they laugh out very loud.
Re: Why Do Nigerians In America Have A Serious Pained Look On Their Faces? by redsun(m): 2:47pm On Jun 09, 2010
Even white people always wonder what make africans ,nigerians especially cheerful.
Re: Why Do Nigerians In America Have A Serious Pained Look On Their Faces? by Kobojunkie: 2:48pm On Jun 09, 2010
Jakumo:

Right from the time Nigerian kids attend grade school, Mandingo, they are "corrected" by the teacher every time they get to looking too cheerful, with the words " You are not serious", so the stern expressions of Nigerians are a cultural thang, learned right from childhood.

[b]Most photo portraits of Nigerians show scowling, frowning people, who have been instructed by the professional photographer to " look serious", so as not to appear unsophisticated and " bush". Ironically, of course, those funeral attendee faces are the KEY to identifying the home-raised Nigerians in any group photo portrait. Glance through a Nigerian newspaper sometime, and you can bet that any pictures of smiling people are most likely of American or European-raised blacks, and NOT of Nigerians.[/b]Check out the following old school Nigerian portraits, to get a better idea of what I mean. Note those polyester slacks on the dude as well. Ha ha ha

ROFLMAO!!
Re: Why Do Nigerians In America Have A Serious Pained Look On Their Faces? by tpiah: 2:49pm On Jun 09, 2010
Kobojunkie:

ROFLMAO!!

it is not funny.

where do you say you live?

let me dig up some dirt for you there.

at least you're not in paradise yet, are you?

i really dislike people who constantly display their low self worth.
Re: Why Do Nigerians In America Have A Serious Pained Look On Their Faces? by Kobojunkie: 3:04pm On Jun 09, 2010
[size=13pt]ROFLMAO!!![/size] grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Why Do Nigerians In America Have A Serious Pained Look On Their Faces? by tpiah: 3:05pm On Jun 09, 2010
ode angry
Re: Why Do Nigerians In America Have A Serious Pained Look On Their Faces? by rhymz(m): 3:11pm On Jun 09, 2010
adolfe bad:

^^
on the contrary.,.
perhaps chatting with you NOW isn't really a complete waste of my time,
though you might come across as an 'old fool seeking attention'
but i may not really see you as 'ENTIRELY S.TUPID'
who is chatting with dis dumbfuck! Abi you no sabi  your clown-mate? Come on jerk urself off to sleep, U are useless awake!
Re: Why Do Nigerians In America Have A Serious Pained Look On Their Faces? by snowdrops(m): 3:56pm On Jun 09, 2010
@ poster

nurse, wey u dey. this patient don escape from ward come cybercafe o.
Re: Why Do Nigerians In America Have A Serious Pained Look On Their Faces? by Nobody: 4:08pm On Jun 09, 2010
^^
You don't have to keep on striving so hard to prove yourself as one BIG NONENTIT.Y

you should know when to stop
Re: Why Do Nigerians In America Have A Serious Pained Look On Their Faces? by MandingoII(m): 4:32pm On Jun 09, 2010

Most photo portraits of Nigerians show scowling, frowning people, who have been instructed by the professional photographer to " look serious", so as not to appear unsophisticated and " bush". Ironically, of course, those funeral attendee faces are the KEY to identifying the home-raised Nigerians in any group photo portrait. Glance through a Nigerian newspaper sometime, and you can bet that any pictures of smiling people are most likely of American or European-raised blacks, and NOT of Nigerians.

Thanks man.

I see you GET IT.

Although my post can be filled with contempt towards Nigerians, it is probably because EVERYTIME I encounter a Nigerian She/he has a scowl

I was in the Drug store and two Beautiful Nigerian women walked in the Isle I was in with the HEAVIEST SCOWL on their faces.

I looked unjudgmental at them and the Scowl lifted from their faces.

I suspect, Nigerians are ALWAYS ready for a negative Response toward life.

I don't know, but to me a scowling person represents a unhappy person.

Whenever a person is lost in Serious thought over NOTHING, life expectancy goes down.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Petrol Shortages May Linger For Two Weeks / Breaking News..fulani Herdsmen Kill Two, Injure Four In Osun State.. / Prayers For Gej's Apologists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.