Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,648 members, 7,820,255 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:12 PM

National Cash Transfer Programme: FG Distributes N10bn To 300,000 Poor Nigerians - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / National Cash Transfer Programme: FG Distributes N10bn To 300,000 Poor Nigerians (22930 Views)

FG Distributes 13,000 Cooking Gas Cylinders To Rural Women In Nasarawa / FG Currently Pays 621,000 Poor Nigerians N5,000 Each Monthly - Presidency / $322m Abacha Loot: How Cash Transfer Programme Will Work - Osinbajo Reveals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Cash Transfer Programme: FG Distributes N10bn To 300,000 Poor Nigerians by Nobody: 12:49pm On Jul 04, 2018
If our government were manned by competent and knowledgeable people, this would be an opportunity to create a central databank/database of citizens of this country. The National ID registration system could be improved through this opportunity.

Ideally, the disbursement of this funds should include provision of basic vocational training to recipients of the monies to improve their personal capacity to fend for themselves.

Since majority of the rural poor are engaged in farming and trading, basic Agribusiness concepts should be imparted to them, even regurlarly by Extension-type workers, to help them become more self-reliant.

This is a program that state governments can even embark on regularly, with the aim of injecting the nation's wealth into the hands of people at the lowest rung of society. But it should be tied to human capacity development.

Why can't states share just 1% of their monthly allocations to the people in the villages which make up their states on a monthly basis? They would receive training in an on-going-basis on a variety of vital topics (business/finance/decision-making/life-enhancement) before the monies are disbursed. The politicians and their friends are stealing the monies anyway so no one should say it can't be done.

Imagine all the killings, and herdsmen, and boko haram, ritual killings, and yahoo yahoo, and stealing, and kidnapping, and armed robbery that would disappear if some monies are regurlary disbursed to the poor people of this country through a well managed and systematic process.

To the naysays, pray I'm never a Governor of a state in this country. My state would be the most developed both in terms of infrastructure and its people. The fact is that any state that is run like a business would yield the much desired outcome.

Unfortunately, it is cluelessness, dumbness, incompetence, tribalism, stealing, and mediocrity that have been our portion. Very sad, indeed.
Re: National Cash Transfer Programme: FG Distributes N10bn To 300,000 Poor Nigerians by MENTORCH(m): 12:54pm On Jul 04, 2018
obailala:
This is definitely a very ill thought programme... Give a man fish and you feed him for a day; give the same man fishing equipment, you feed him and his generation for life. In a country like Nigeria which suffers a devastating infrastructural deficit, it is purely silly for anyone to conceive such a wasteful idea.

There are numerous examples of much needed infrastructural projects this money can fulfill. We all know it is virtually IMPOSSIBLE for this money not to be looted by hawks in authority, but even if we are to just assume the money is actually being paid to the poorest of the poor, this programme still remains a monumental waste of scarce resources.

$322 million at N305/$1 amounts to about N98.2 billion and if that amount is equally split into 6 parts, that amounts to ~N16 billion. N16 billion can as an example, build a very well equipped mega-hospital in each of the 6 geopolitical zones and that would remain an endearing legacy attached to Buhari's name. But unfortunately, our leaders think in different ways... It's high time Nigeria started having sound people as leaders...

I don’t know the people advising him, he is just so desperate now to do things fast to get votes next year. What has he been doing for 3years.

2 Likes

Re: National Cash Transfer Programme: FG Distributes N10bn To 300,000 Poor Nigerians by Originalsly: 12:55pm On Jul 04, 2018
obailala:

This is definitely a very ill thought programme... Give a man fish and you feed him for a day; give the same man fishing equipment, you feed him and his generation for life. In a country like Nigeria which suffers a devastating infrastructural deficit, it is purely silly for anyone to conceive such a wasteful idea.

Really? This is definitely a very well thought programme. It is purely silly for anyone not to conceive such an idea is not for the benefit of the poor but for the financial benefit of those who conceived and supported it. Simply put...it is a scam.
Re: National Cash Transfer Programme: FG Distributes N10bn To 300,000 Poor Nigerians by Bobosneh: 1:06pm On Jul 04, 2018
won tun ti de o awon ole. N10bn haaa
Re: National Cash Transfer Programme: FG Distributes N10bn To 300,000 Poor Nigerians by Nobody: 1:07pm On Jul 04, 2018
If I'm President, Governor, even a local government chairman, I would change that. I'd make sure things work in my domain. I would make it impossible to steal. I'll start, first, by building a database (I can do this personally) that I have oversight over. This, ideally would be similar to the U.S Social Security Number system or our National ID card system, with a unique ID number for every citizen.

For those with no internet in the villages, free internet would be provided either through mobile stations that go around or they would travel to their local government headquarters and register online. The secret to this working is the level of personal/biometric information collected at the point of registration. Then a system of verification and payment would be put in place. It is called process engineering!

For this work, civil servants must be kept out as much as possible, because they destroy the country more than political office holders. It is common knowledge that most programs instituted by governors are thwarted and destroyed by civil servants.

It is really very easy to fix these problems, but our leaders don't care. They know the civil servants will steal the monies but they don't do anything to stop it. Our leaders are lazy and disingenuous and that is a shame!

sparko1:

honestly, there is no way to completely eradicate stealing, i remember during my NYSC ordinary bags of rice given to the corpers became something else, this is between corpers oh!. Go to your local church, village gathering and see how people steal even from minute income.
The president can't distribute the money himself, he has to delegate someone, and that person has to delegate someone, the problem is we as individuals are corrupt, so it doesn't matter how good the initiative or how strict the principal, we will always look for a way to steal. we need to take responsibility and do the right thing.
Re: National Cash Transfer Programme: FG Distributes N10bn To 300,000 Poor Nigerians by INTEGRITYA1(m): 1:14pm On Jul 04, 2018
satelliteDISH:
Nigeria matter don tire me. If I talk wetin dey my mind now people go dey abuse me say I be enemy of Progress wey no like better thing wey government dey do.

Wetin consign me now nah how i go take hustle money take do marriage as i Don clock 36+

Me think say age still dey buy your side. Best of luck in your hustling.
Re: National Cash Transfer Programme: FG Distributes N10bn To 300,000 Poor Nigerians by Nobody: 1:20pm On Jul 04, 2018
Esseite:
Oh my God....

N10bn can start 10 small production facilities in these villages to employ the poor.
N10bn can build 100 free rural schools to educate the poor.
N10bn can build 200 small rural cottage clinics for the poor.
Oga you no sabi pass government.

Govt do give grants !
Re: National Cash Transfer Programme: FG Distributes N10bn To 300,000 Poor Nigerians by Franklyspeakin: 1:22pm On Jul 04, 2018
CoolFreeday:
good one, I pray e reach my village.

God bless PMB

God bless Nigeria
cant they build a refinery with it when would we start exporting crude. bleeped government. or build a hospital that is well equipped buhari can trust to handle his health issues and that of average Nigerians

1 Like

Re: National Cash Transfer Programme: FG Distributes N10bn To 300,000 Poor Nigerians by sparko1(m): 1:23pm On Jul 04, 2018
namet:
If I'm President, Governor, even a local government chairman, I would change that. I'd make sure things work in my domain. I would make it impossible to steal. I'll start, first, by building a database (I can do this personally) that I have oversight over. This, ideally would be similar to the U.S Social Security Number system or our National ID card system, with a unique ID number for every citizen.

For those with no internet in the villages, free internet would be provided either through mobile stations that go around or they would travel to their local government headquarters and register online. The secret to this working is the level of personal/biometric information collected at the point of registration. Then a system of verification and payment would be put in place. It is called process engineering!

For this work, civil servants must be kept out as much as possible, because they destroy the country more than political office holders. It is common knowledge that most programs instituted by governors are thwarted and destroyed by civil servants.

It is really very easy to fix these problems, but our leaders don't care. They know the civil servants will steal the monies but they don't do anything to stop it. Our leaders are lazy and disingenuous and that is a shame!

You have no idea what you just said, do you know how much to create a database that can be linked to individual accounts, or maintaining such, now let's say that is out of the way, during registration, are you going to go with them to register and see each person one after the other, or even the people, that will come and register twice. Remember census, how difficult it was to get accurate number, some villages where never counted. truth is, stealing can't be eradicated, we can only minimize it.
Re: National Cash Transfer Programme: FG Distributes N10bn To 300,000 Poor Nigerians by hohafrank(m): 1:28pm On Jul 04, 2018
CoolFreeday:
good one, I pray e reach my village.

God bless PMB

God bless Nigeria
Don't be fooled. Who are the beneficiaries.

1 Like

Re: National Cash Transfer Programme: FG Distributes N10bn To 300,000 Poor Nigerians by Nobody: 1:31pm On Jul 04, 2018
Re: National Cash Transfer Programme: FG Distributes N10bn To 300,000 Poor Nigerians by Nobody: 1:32pm On Jul 04, 2018
I didn't say I'd see each person individually. I said, I'd build the database and then create a system/process where people register their information, and then non-civil servants and the private sector would be paid to perform multi-level verification. Yes, the process would take time to complete, it would even create jobs, but the idea is for the database to be as accurate and reliable as possible - not necessarily 100%. I believe where there is a will, there is a way. It can be done, if the person at the top wants it.

sparko1:

You have no idea what you just said, do you know how much to create a database that can be linked to individual accounts, or maintaining such, now let's say that is out of the way, during registration, are you going to go with them to register and see each person one after the other, or even the people, that will come and register twice. Remember census, how difficult it was to get accurate number, some villages where never counted. truth is, stealing can't be eradicated, we can only minimize it.
Re: National Cash Transfer Programme: FG Distributes N10bn To 300,000 Poor Nigerians by Ojiofor: 1:37pm On Jul 04, 2018
Finally Buhari has brought Almajirism to federal level.
They paid 5k to poorest people in the society how will that elevate them from poverty?

1 Like

Re: National Cash Transfer Programme: FG Distributes N10bn To 300,000 Poor Nigerians by dbanjj1629(m): 1:41pm On Jul 04, 2018
ha!!! this people have come with their lies again. who are the beneficiaries? Nigerians are wiser now and better informed.

God bless Nigeria

1 Like

Re: National Cash Transfer Programme: FG Distributes N10bn To 300,000 Poor Nigerians by Awaja(m): 1:42pm On Jul 04, 2018
I love Nigeria,in less than two years from now ,another president will be investigating these fraudulent transfer .

1 Like

Re: National Cash Transfer Programme: FG Distributes N10bn To 300,000 Poor Nigerians by Belluchii: 1:53pm On Jul 04, 2018
it is good to know that The federal government has since 2016 disbursed N10 billion to no fewer than 300,000 beneficiaries through its Conditional Cash Transfer (CCT) programme. i appreciate the fact that there are reforms and programmes set aside to regulate the disbursement for effective distribution. this will help reduce the poverty rate in Nigeria and will also help to grow the Nigeria Economy.[color=#990000][/color]
Re: National Cash Transfer Programme: FG Distributes N10bn To 300,000 Poor Nigerians by klimkid: 2:12pm On Jul 04, 2018
shugacain:

I SWEAR TO GOD BRO
Guys this is real and genuine.
Re: National Cash Transfer Programme: FG Distributes N10bn To 300,000 Poor Nigerians by shugacain: 2:28pm On Jul 04, 2018
klimkid:
Guys this is real and genuine.

did you recieve alert ?

1 Like

Re: National Cash Transfer Programme: FG Distributes N10bn To 300,000 Poor Nigerians by Nobody: 2:28pm On Jul 04, 2018
But this is not right, the FG should use the money to pay our long accumulated debts.

1 Like

Re: National Cash Transfer Programme: FG Distributes N10bn To 300,000 Poor Nigerians by Codes151(m): 2:36pm On Jul 04, 2018
Country's a joke

1 Like

Re: National Cash Transfer Programme: FG Distributes N10bn To 300,000 Poor Nigerians by fellom(m): 2:54pm On Jul 04, 2018
Na lie i beg! Until i hear of someone who knows someone who got the 33,333 if not all lie!!
BeeBeeOoh:

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/274818-nigerian-govt-distributes-n10-billion-to-300000-poor-nigerians.html

1 Like

Re: National Cash Transfer Programme: FG Distributes N10bn To 300,000 Poor Nigerians by Nobody: 3:06pm On Jul 04, 2018
You may not know any "poor Nigerian," depending on your socio-economic status. Remember, the very poor are in the most rural parts of the country. Hawkers and other menial workers in cities don't qualify as "poorest Nigerians."

Thus, it is possible that 80% of the beneficiaries will be in the North, since they say the North is the poorest part of the country. The ethnicity of the beneficiaries should not be a concern, although some see it as a means to bribe Buhari's supporters and future voters.

What we should all clamor for is the transparency of the process so that the monies get to the real poor people of this country, regardless of which part of the country or ethnic group benefits the most. After all, poverty doesn't know tribe or ethnicity. It is important for the poor in this country to also benefit from the wealth of the country.

fellom:
Na lie i beg! Until i hear of someone who knows someone who got the 33,333 if not all lie!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: National Cash Transfer Programme: FG Distributes N10bn To 300,000 Poor Nigerians by writeprof(m): 4:05pm On Jul 04, 2018
medexico:
I don't understand how this thing no reach me

You nor poor na! Poor people nor dey enter NL na NG dem dey.
Re: National Cash Transfer Programme: FG Distributes N10bn To 300,000 Poor Nigerians by writeprof(m): 4:15pm On Jul 04, 2018
Esseite:
Oh my God....

N10bn can start 10 small production facilities in these villages to employ the poor.

True! Also, it could create what I call Agricultural Farm Settlement that would focus on the production of particular crops on a large scale in all these Local govt areas.

1 Like

Re: National Cash Transfer Programme: FG Distributes N10bn To 300,000 Poor Nigerians by Grayxme: 4:16pm On Jul 04, 2018
Am Assured this money will go a long way in assisting these poor citizens as it certain that the money will get to them because the Conditional Cash Transfer (CCT) programme that has being set in place by this administration to oversee the process has proven credible with time and for the fact that it is in conjunction with the world bank
Re: National Cash Transfer Programme: FG Distributes N10bn To 300,000 Poor Nigerians by Barzinime(m): 4:32pm On Jul 04, 2018
And they dont know that? shocked
All hail The Wise One!
Esseite:
Oh my God....

1 Like

Re: National Cash Transfer Programme: FG Distributes N10bn To 300,000 Poor Nigerians by Nobody: 4:38pm On Jul 04, 2018
Barzinime:
And they dont know that? shocked
All hail The Wise One!

The over 165 amajiri free local schools built by the last administration is still ongoing even after that admin, if they were given N5000 stipends if in any case they get any, how long would that have gone?

1 Like

Re: National Cash Transfer Programme: FG Distributes N10bn To 300,000 Poor Nigerians by ooshinibos: 4:51pm On Jul 04, 2018
I didn't get mine o , liars
Re: National Cash Transfer Programme: FG Distributes N10bn To 300,000 Poor Nigerians by Skmoda360(m): 5:11pm On Jul 04, 2018
obailala:

There are numerous examples of much needed infrastructural projects this money can fulfill. We all know it is virtually IMPOSSIBLE for this money not to be looted by hawks in authority, but even if we are to just assume the money is actually being paid to the poorest of the poor, this programme still remains a monumental waste of scarce resources.

$322 million at N305/$1 amounts to about N98.2 billion and if that amount is equally split into 6 parts, that amounts to ~N16 billion. N16 billion can as an example, build a very well equipped mega-hospital in each of the 6 geopolitical zones and that would remain an endearing legacy attached to Buhari's name. But unfortunately, our leaders think in different ways... It's high time Nigeria started having sound people as leaders...
The bolded says it all.

1 Like

Re: National Cash Transfer Programme: FG Distributes N10bn To 300,000 Poor Nigerians by firstguy01: 5:26pm On Jul 04, 2018
One beneficiary should please come out and testify to this money transfer shocked shocked shocked
Yeyenatu

1 Like

Re: National Cash Transfer Programme: FG Distributes N10bn To 300,000 Poor Nigerians by HomeOfMe(f): 5:53pm On Jul 04, 2018
BeeBeeOoh:

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/274818-nigerian-govt-distributes-n10-billion-to-300000-poor-nigerians.html

Hahaha...this kind of sounds very amusing to me. These people are behaving like they're referring to people living in koma hills. This is messed up. Which Nigerian does not need money.
Re: National Cash Transfer Programme: FG Distributes N10bn To 300,000 Poor Nigerians by uloewa: 5:54pm On Jul 04, 2018
THE HEAD OF THIS PROGRAN TEMITOPE WHO WAS HEAD OF A SIMILAR PROGRAM IN KOGI UNDER PDP WILL NEVER DO A STRAIGTFORWARD JOB. I AM SURE SHE IS HANDING THE MONEY OVER IN CASH TO POLITICIANS TO SHARE. SHE DOESNT LIKE USING ACCOUNT

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Twitter, Nigeria Agreement Suffers Setback As Musk Buys Microblogging Platform / Thisday 2023 Election Centre: Why Presidential Run Off Is Increasingly Likely / How Boko Haram Survives On Weapons Stolen From Nigerian Military

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.