Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,823 members, 7,820,891 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:49 AM

Giving Land For Ranching Better Than Death – Presidency - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Giving Land For Ranching Better Than Death – Presidency (42316 Views)

Seyi Makinde: Oyo Won’t Provide Land For Ranching / MURIC To FG: Give Bailout Funds To Herders To Buy Land For Ranching / FFK Reacts To Femi Adesina "Giving Land For Ranching Is Better Than Death" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Giving Land For Ranching Better Than Death – Presidency by eagleu: 11:10am On Jul 04, 2018
Presidential terrorism

1 Like

Re: Giving Land For Ranching Better Than Death – Presidency by blackaxe78: 11:10am On Jul 04, 2018
UncleJudax:

again niggaa shout the gfuck up...you are irritating.

One's coursemates don't determine one's final GPA. I didn't compare myself with anybody.

You are mentally impaired if you think spreading herdsmen all over Nigeria is a solution to anything.

Damn...look what underdevelopment has caused

Look at what a master student is saying. I thought you should be dealing with credible information at this level. Who told you about the bolden. You just a village breed opportunistic to be Europe by shear luck as the "Our land" mentality is embedded in your skull.

You believing that ranching is about spreading a tribe across Nigeria tells alot knowing that this tribe has been know with that buisness for ages.

As for your CGPA, we know what score and A amounts to in a Northern school so don't give me that crap. If by standards. Such schools won't even be producing second class lower for decades.

It's just to make it look like a system that works.
Re: Giving Land For Ranching Better Than Death – Presidency by mank1234(m): 11:14am On Jul 04, 2018
blackaxe78:

What causes the attack?
Are you aware every criminal perpetrated is now linked to herdsmen ?

When you confine them and ban open grazing, this herdsmen and thier herds can be recorded and tagged conveniently. Any one wanting outside it becomes a criminal.

You have to look at root cause to attack issues and it's just "What's causing the clashes"

Am sure the moguls who do the business don't even want it cos it will be more expensive for them. Ranching is more expensive than open grazing
I'm not referring to every criminality but the ones that miyeti allah claimed is in retaliation. Your comment is an attempt to absolve them of blame. If this government could stop pipeline attack, quell biafra threat with use of force, it can also stop this one without this policy of appeasement which Kaduna state government started but failed.

Ranches should be created in core north states same way irrigation farming is successful there. States (esp in south and middle belt) should not be coerced by threat of death to join.

If it's successful in those states am sure more states would join intentionally.

2 Likes

Re: Giving Land For Ranching Better Than Death – Presidency by blackaxe78: 11:14am On Jul 04, 2018
UncleJudax:

See guy...I be Omo Igbo...so Nothing you fit tell me. I have worked hard to get where I am.

Back to the oil comparison.

If oil from Ss can be ferried to Kaduna, what is the hassle with transporting beef?
Meat transport is a huge business in the West...Una de de eat infection ridden tired cow meat.

The world has evolved, move up or stay down.

Stop exposing yourself. You not making logical points but fictions. How did you come about comparing oil with Beef?
Are you implying that a commodity demanded fresh will get to the south on daily basis? Let's imagine it's possible, have you considered the impact of cost.

Before you tell me about processed meat, Nigerians don't do it and will never buy into it and more over, we don't have the tech and transportation hardwares
Re: Giving Land For Ranching Better Than Death – Presidency by UncleJudax(m): 11:20am On Jul 04, 2018
blackaxe78:

Look at what a master student is saying. I thought you should be dealing with credible information at this level. Who told you about the bolden. You just a village breed opportunistic to be Europe by shear luck as the "Our land" mentality is embedded in your skull.

You believing that ranching is about spreading a tribe across Nigeria tells alot knowing that this tribe has been know with that buisness for ages.

As for your CGPA, we know what score and A amounts to in a Northern school so don't give me that crap. If by standards. Such schools won't even be producing second class lower for decades.

It's just to make it look like a system that works.
Please may I ask if you are a graduate. Because your reasoning is disturbing.

FYI, my GPA here in Europe still de smile...Shay na because they like me? grin

5 Likes

Re: Giving Land For Ranching Better Than Death – Presidency by UncleJudax(m): 11:22am On Jul 04, 2018
blackaxe78:

Stop exposing yourself. You not making logical points but fictions. How did you come about comparing oil with Beef?
Are you implying that a commodity demanded fresh will get to the south on daily basis? Let's imagine it's possible, have you considered the impact of cost.

Before you tell me about processed meat, Nigerians don't do it and will never buy into it and more over, we don't have the tech and transportation hardwares
I am speechless.

3 Likes

Re: Giving Land For Ranching Better Than Death – Presidency by mank1234(m): 11:23am On Jul 04, 2018
blackaxe78:

The question is that the market is in the south and how do you accommodate them.

You can't confine them to the North as it will not be welcomed if such is reciprocates from there side too. Imagine states like Ekiti , Osun, Ebonyi, Abia, Ondo and the likes rejecting ranching when over 50% of the state is wild life

The market is in south hence ranching should be in the south: that's not an intelligent argument. Do you plant the tomato and garbage consumed in the south in the south? Argentina exports it's cattle to other country without setting up ranches in those countries. Ranching is not needed in the southern part of Nigeria before it can succeed.

4 Likes

Re: Giving Land For Ranching Better Than Death – Presidency by blackaxe78: 11:23am On Jul 04, 2018
mank1234:

I'm not referring to every criminality but the ones that miyeti allah claimed is in retaliation. Your comment is an attempt to absolve them of blame. If this government could stop pipeline attack, quell biafra threat with use of force, it can also stop this one without this policy of appeasement which Kaduna state government started but failed.

Ranches should be created in core north states same way irrigation farming is successful there. States (esp in south and middle belt) should not be coerced by threat of death to join.

If it's successful in those states am sure more states would join intentionally.

Ranching has been practiced in the North for decades. Our president even has one that dates back to that time.

You can't compare a roaming entity to tracked pipeline or rebellious group. It's easier to monitor pipelines or dialogue with vandals. Same way is easier to track down the leader of a rebellious group. Attacking a legal trade done by people who move about is not as easy as you think. How do you identify the good ones and the criminals.

But trust me, ranching will.

If you talking about concentrating them in the North, how does the product get to the South. It's even unfair to subject a tribe to there own territory cos if reciprocated also, someone will shout foul.

Talking about irrigation farming, it's demanded they do. So have not seen the point you making.
Re: Giving Land For Ranching Better Than Death – Presidency by blackaxe78: 11:26am On Jul 04, 2018
mank1234:

The market is in south hence ranching should be in the south: that's not an intelligent argument. Do you plant the tomato and garbage consumed in the south in the south?

Argentina exports it's cattle to other country without setting up ranches in those countries.

Ranching is not needed in the southern part of Nigeria before it can succeed.

Says who?

Please hit Google fast.
Re: Giving Land For Ranching Better Than Death – Presidency by blackaxe78: 11:27am On Jul 04, 2018
UncleJudax:

I am speechless.

You need to be.
Re: Giving Land For Ranching Better Than Death – Presidency by Kennydoc(m): 11:29am On Jul 04, 2018
EternalTruths:

Boycotting cow meats will not solve the problem.

Just divide the country and erect a border to protect the Northern Christians.
Bro, there are Christians in Kebbi, Gombe, Bauchi, Yobe, Borno, Kaduna, Niger, Adamawa, etc who are indigenes and from minority tribes in those states, and of course Taraba, Plateau, Benue, Nasarawa who have majority Christians. What will become of them?

1 Like

Re: Giving Land For Ranching Better Than Death – Presidency by smallsmall: 11:31am On Jul 04, 2018
weyreypey:
Oh so this is the blackmail?

It has ALWAYS been Blackmail.
Myetti Allah Cattle Asssociation has always said so
Interior Minister Dambazzau and IGP Idirs has always said so.
Even Agric Minister has always said the same thing.

It is just that Buhari has been pretending to have brain fatigue (Amnesia) by saying the masacres are not by his clan people and they are from Libya!
he has told us 'he is doing his "best" and cant do more', than to allow the slaughters to continue until the people bow to hi skillers from Futa jalon in the Guinea.

ALL NIGERIANS need to come together now and resist this tyranny but my fear is that some will think this is an opportunity for the Middle belt people to get killed for supporting Buhari, forgetting that once they are finished with the middle belt, they themselves will be next in-line. undecided undecided

Dont vote for another Buhari's 4years of mindless slaughter that will consume everyone in the South of Nigeria as well.

3 Likes

Re: Giving Land For Ranching Better Than Death – Presidency by 2tpick: 11:31am On Jul 04, 2018
blackaxe78:

That would be unfair. Imagine if such is also reciprocated by them. Will it be fair?
That means they would have to force the issue, right? More like if you don't want the silver, take the lead.
But then, does it justify their actions?

1 Like

Re: Giving Land For Ranching Better Than Death – Presidency by thymee(m): 11:31am On Jul 04, 2018
It wouldn't happen by God's grace
So systematically d whole country will now b full of Fulanis and sooner or later Dia will b fight again in other to b the ruler of these states... Never God forbid
Re: Giving Land For Ranching Better Than Death – Presidency by Lilimax(f): 11:32am On Jul 04, 2018
soliddust2020:

Tinubu is obviously afraid to speak up because he knws the monster he created.
He has anointed him for 2nd term nah shocked
Re: Giving Land For Ranching Better Than Death – Presidency by Lilimax(f): 11:34am On Jul 04, 2018
eagleu:
Presidential terrorism
Honestly shocked
Re: Giving Land For Ranching Better Than Death – Presidency by smallsmall: 11:37am On Jul 04, 2018
blackaxe78:

Ranching has been practiced in the North for decades. Our president even has one that dates back to that time.

You can't compare a roaming entity to tracked pipeline or rebellious group. It's easier to monitor pipelines or dialogue with vandals. Same way is easier to track down the leader of a rebellious group. Attacking a legal trade done by people who move about is not as easy as you think. How do you identify the good ones and the criminals.

If you talking about concentrating them in the North, how does the product get to the South. It's even unfair to subject a tribe to there own territory cos if reciprocated also, someone will shout foul.

Talking about irrigation farming, it's demanded they do. So have not seen the point you making.

Stop talking trash here!

Attacking a legal occupation of people (farming) in their own backyard and destroying their livelihood by feeding their crops to your cows and then slaughtering them is more than Barbaric and can only happen under teh superintendent of another savage-leader called Buhari.

No Open grazing anywhere in the Middle Belt and Southern Nigeria. Full Stop.

Anyone that wants to farm should start the business with their money or borrow from a bank as other business emterpreneurs are doing.
Trying to balckmail other Nigerians into funding the business of his fellow Fulani Herdsmen, by killing them, will not work!
Somebody should let Buhari know that because he is a gonner in 2019.

Soon, Force will meet Force if Buhari does not call his Henchmen to order.
No tribe has monopoly of violence.

7 Likes

Re: Giving Land For Ranching Better Than Death – Presidency by Nobody: 11:38am On Jul 04, 2018
BeeBeeOoh:
shocked

So It has gotten to the level of threatening people living in their ancestral land with death if they don't release their land(s) to herdsmen for cattle colonies or ranching?

Nature Will Never Be Kind To Femi Adesina And His Family
Re: Giving Land For Ranching Better Than Death – Presidency by blackaxe78: 11:40am On Jul 04, 2018
2tpick:

That means they would have to force the issue, right? More like if you don't want the silver, take the lead.
But then, does it justify their actions?

No one has forced ranching ever since it has been mentioned. It was just a recommendation all rejected without proffering a solution.

The killings have been on both sides and no one is justified to do so. The matter is on how to resolve it.

The issue has just been politicised
Re: Giving Land For Ranching Better Than Death – Presidency by mank1234(m): 11:41am On Jul 04, 2018
blackaxe78:

On a daily basis goats, pigs etc are bought and sent down south without problem. What's different with cattle?

Trust me, down here we have fulani owning properties too which they bought with their money. What we are against is:
1) government giving our resources to people from other countries when our needs hasn't been met. Government hasn't given us law abiding citizens land or money to cater for our needs but they want to give foreigners (from Libya and other countries). That's insensitive.
2) government compromising our security by asking people we don't know to come and dwell amongst us. Especially when the people are known to be vengeful.
3) government should live up to its obligations. A government that doesn't know it's citizens cannot secure them. There's no database of Nigerians, no identity.

1 Like

Re: Giving Land For Ranching Better Than Death – Presidency by smallsmall: 11:43am On Jul 04, 2018
thymee:
It wouldn't happen by God's grace
So systematically d whole country will now b full of Fulanis and sooner or later Dia will b fight again in other to b the ruler of these states... Never God forbid

Even more shocking is that these Fulanis are not even allowed to own land in the Futa Jalon mountains (Guinea Bissau) where they came from.

Now they want to claim Nigeria as their own just because we have this "mistake" in Aso Rock. angry angry

The problem with Tinubu is his RABID SELFISHNESS.
He thinks of the success of his APC and the benefits to him personally, first and over the danger Buhari portends for the Southerners and Middle Belt and the Yorubas in particular.

That is why he is pretending he does not know what is going-on.

But he will also be disgraced come 2019 if he does not read the hand-writing on the wall.
You are only a Leader, by virtue of the trust and support of the people who chose to be loyal to you.

let Tinubu come and make me use my PVC to vote Buhari in 2019, let me see how he can do that. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Giving Land For Ranching Better Than Death – Presidency by blackaxe78: 11:45am On Jul 04, 2018
smallsmall:

Stop talking trash here!

Attacking a legal occupation of people (farming) in their own backyard and destroying their livelihood by feeding their crops to your cows and then slaughtering them is more than Barbaric and can only happen under teh superintendent of another savage-leader called Buhari.

No Open grazing anywhere in the Middle Belt and Southern Nigeria. Full Stop.

Anyone that wants to farm should start the business with their money or borrow from a bank as other business emterpreneurs are doing.
Trying to balckmail other Nigerians into funding the business of his fellow Fulani Herdsmen, by killing them, will not work!
Somebody should let Buhari know that because he is a gonner in 2019.

Soon, Force will meet Force if Buhari does not call his Henchmen to order.
No tribe has monopoly of violence.

Only you knows where you got your informational from as they all your personal ones which you using to blackmail the government.

Even in other parts of Nigeria goats invade farms. In a big scale business when farmers and herders have to collocate together. Ranching is the best option.

Stop saying Noway in your statement. Every Nigerian has a right to the land. The best option is dialogue and resolutions. Ranching has been done in the middle belt for decades and no one can abort that, rather, adjustments can be done to there practice.

You seem to be for a thug than a diplomat
Re: Giving Land For Ranching Better Than Death – Presidency by smallsmall: 11:48am On Jul 04, 2018
blackaxe78:

No one has forced ranching ever since it has been mentioned. It was just a recommendation all rejected without proffering a solution.

The killings have been on both sides and no one is justified to do so. The matter is on how to resolve it.

The issue has just been politicised

Stop being a hypocrite like your patron Buhari.

The SOLUTION has already been proferred: LEASE LAND (IF YOU CANT BUY IT OUTRIGHT) AND RANCH YOUR CATTLES.
END OF STORY.

Slaughtering Pregnant women or burning whole villages wont make us change our minds and give you our lands.
Soon, we shall engage with those who murder our people, Bullet for Bullet, if that is what Buhari wants.

Maybe his actions are a blessing in disguise because it is action like this that easily justify the brake up of a country without a second thought.

4 Likes

Re: Giving Land For Ranching Better Than Death – Presidency by UncleJudax(m): 11:50am On Jul 04, 2018
blackaxe78:

You need to be.
I de shame for you but I know have it is...I grew up in Nigeria. The system is a complete mess. It takes hard work not to reason like a retard.

Nevertheless let me educate you.

You keep talking about cost of meat going up, if transported/imported. Do you not know that Nigeria produces crude but buys refined products?

The people from SS where the majority of the crude is extracted from still buy it as expensive as other Nigerians...

Fuel pump price was increased not too long ago...what happened...Una no still de buy?

Here in Germany, I buy banana from Columbia, Carrot from Israel and chicken from Belgium.

Make every part of Nigeria produce anything they have advantage over others and move them where they are needed.

I am sorry your brain cells are too severed to understand simple economics.

This is my last reply. Ciao

7 Likes

Re: Giving Land For Ranching Better Than Death – Presidency by EternalTruths: 11:50am On Jul 04, 2018
Kennydoc:

Bro, there are Christians in Kebbi, Gombe, Bauchi, Yobe, Borno, Kaduna, Niger, Adamawa, etc who are indigenes and from minority tribes in those states, and of course Taraba, Plateau, Benue, Nasarawa who have majority Christians. What will become of them?

If the Northern Christians join Biafra, the North will be split in a way to accommodate other Christian ethnic groups in the far North while Muslim groups in the Middle Belt will be pushed out to the far North.

Time has come to erect barriers to separate Christians & Muslims in the name of peace.
Re: Giving Land For Ranching Better Than Death – Presidency by mank1234(m): 11:54am On Jul 04, 2018
blackaxe78:

Says who?

Please hit Google fast.

Very false. The importers set up ranch/abattoir in their domain not that Argentina will go to England and set up ranch. Again these are private businesses. If your state government is interested in providing ranch for you, I have no issues with that. Down here we pay for everything: we buy land for our businesses, we pay for shop. IT WON'T WORK HERE.

Do your ranching in your domain. I'll come buy it and bring it to my people to buy. I'll even ave you the stress of navigating the bush and forest to get it here.

6 Likes

Re: Giving Land For Ranching Better Than Death – Presidency by smallsmall: 11:54am On Jul 04, 2018
blackaxe78:

Only you knows where you got your informational from as they all your personal ones which you using to blackmail the government.

Even in other parts of Nigeria goats invade farms. In a big scale business when farmers and herders have to collocate together. Ranching is the best option.

Stop saying Noway in your statement. Every Nigerian has a right to the land. The best option is dialogue and resolutions. Ranching has been done in the middle belt for decades and no one can abort that, rather, adjustments can be done to there practice.

You seem to be for a thug than a diplomat

Yea, cry me a river!

Diplomat my foot. I guess it it Diplomacy that your terrorist, Fulani herdsmen are using in Plateau, Taraba, Benue, Zamfara, Oyo, e.t.c?
Buhari allows you to kill whole villages and burn them and you are talking of dialogue?
shocked shocked
Who do you think you are fooling?

Seems you cant even differentaite between Open Grazing and Ranching!

Ownership of Land is vested in the Governorship of the State (Go and read the Land Use Act of 1979 Consitution of Nigeria as Amended or let someone read it to you in Fulani language so you can 'transmission and transmutation' it properly grin ).

if you want to own land as a Nigerian (not Futa Jalon criminals), You either BUY IT or you LEASE IT.

You dont slaughter the owners and take it by force like some savages from the stone age.

6 Likes

Re: Giving Land For Ranching Better Than Death – Presidency by newdawn2017(f): 11:56am On Jul 04, 2018
make them carry dis their nonsense threat go Niger delta, if them born their papa Weh. nor bi noise. as Bayelsa nor get land, Rivers get small. Akwaibom & calarbar get welly. delta nko
Re: Giving Land For Ranching Better Than Death – Presidency by Kennydoc(m): 11:58am On Jul 04, 2018
EternalTruths:

If the Northern Christians join Biafra, the North will be split in a way to accommodate other Christian ethnic groups in the far North while Muslim groups in the Middle Belt will be pushed out to the far North.

Time has come to erect barriers to separate Christians & Muslims in the name of peace.

The issue is that they are scattered in different communities in different northern states. Even in those communities, they still have Muslims and Christians living together in some families. How can you separate them? Imagine trying to separate Yorubas along religious lines.
Re: Giving Land For Ranching Better Than Death – Presidency by goodnews777: 12:18pm On Jul 04, 2018
Where in the world do people forcefully take other peoples land apart from places with buhari s agenda. Its time for all Nigerians to go to war. Fulanis are not better fighters . Let the war come. The south have enough unemployed youth educated fighters.Fulani will be defeated . Who knows its possible this will come out good as Nigerians can finally free themselves from this jungle and decide their destinies once and for all.
I hear the drum of war now. Nigerian war Lords arise.

4 Likes

Re: Giving Land For Ranching Better Than Death – Presidency by Nobody: 12:35pm On Jul 04, 2018
this is the most foolish and provoking talk I hav heard from a stupid politician in a while. this Adesina is very stupid. pls someone should tell him. You are now threthening our lives or our farms? who the hell does he think he is? just because they gave u adviser u have now turned to agent of satanic mission to please you master? u think he ll leave the yourbas? he doesn't even see u as a person if u don't knw. all he sees is a hungry idiot that wll do anything to satisfy him. Femi Adesina is a FOOL. God purnish Him Forever. some very annoying stupid fool leaders we have. U wll not have peace for the wickedness u re doing. senseless annelid

2 Likes

Re: Giving Land For Ranching Better Than Death – Presidency by theemy(m): 12:39pm On Jul 04, 2018
somehow:
Nigerians obviously don't want peace.

Forget the story.

Ask them what they want the government to do to end the conflicts and see them go numb.
Good question keep your ranches in the north simple is dat too much to ask for

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Wike Warns #RevolutionNow Protesters, Says "Stay Off Rivers State" / Bandits Kill Miyyetti Allah Chairman, Abubakar Abdullahi Dambardi In Lere Kaduna / Akin Alabi Commissions ₦‎100 Million Modern Football Pitch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.