Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,727 members, 7,824,057 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:32 PM

Linda Nkechi Igwetu, Corper Shot Dead By Policeman In Abuja A Day To Her POP - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Linda Nkechi Igwetu, Corper Shot Dead By Policeman In Abuja A Day To Her POP (74321 Views)

Young Air Force Officer Killed By Policeman At ATM In Calabar. Photos / Pregnant Nigerian Immigrant Collapses In Italy While Being Beaten By Policeman / Burial Of Angela Nkechi Igwetu, Corper Shot By Policeman (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Linda Nkechi Igwetu, Corper Shot Dead By Policeman In Abuja A Day To Her POP by abiola883: 9:50pm On Jul 04, 2018
Can you just hear yourself. If it were to be your family, would you have said the same thing? Fear God.

davodyguy:
This is preventable.
Before we blame let's critically examine this story.

1. They were out at Midnight, possibly returning from party or club, to celebrate in anticipation of POP.
2. If they stayed in doors and faced the service they were sent to do, may be it may not have happened
3. The policemen, officers empowered by Law stopped you, but you refused to obey the officers of the law. Are you guys criminals? Why didn't you stop?
4. Would this have happened in America? Yes it could have happened. Even unarmed blacks are shot by policeman, talk less of people who were stopped and refused to accede.
5. Was the officer that shit overzealous? Yes he was. But judging by the volatility of northern Nigeria today, they could have been mistook as criminals running from officers.

My conclusion.

If they stayed indoors and faced what they're sent to do, this could have been avoided
If they had stopped, this could also have been avoided.

The officer may go Scot free, on the basis of security situation in the country.

We need to be careful ourselves
Re: Linda Nkechi Igwetu, Corper Shot Dead By Policeman In Abuja A Day To Her POP by andyanders: 9:50pm On Jul 04, 2018
As usual,the police has done what they know doing best. That is why no Nigerian should EVER render any form of assistance to any police officer when they are in need. Nigerians should be happy when any police officer dies because their death is a gain to the society.
Re: Linda Nkechi Igwetu, Corper Shot Dead By Policeman In Abuja A Day To Her POP by Trendirabingi: 9:50pm On Jul 04, 2018
This is demonic, both on d side of the satanic police and d hospital or doctor who didnt attend to that girl on emergency or begin treatment immediately, asking for police report from the same a satan police that shot her. What kind of nigeria or country is dis with a herdsman on its affair, calling himself a president. What has police turned 2. And no one is being question in dis same police force, sacked, tried and hanged.. Policemen are now d armed robbers in dis country, killers of innocent citizens , instead of goin after kidnappers , killers, boko haram, n robbers, they are now d one wielding dangerous weapon against d very nigerians.. It is crazy because d nigerian people are doin or saying nothing about it, everyone just go about acting up in pretence and neglect. Some dnt even abhor or speak furiously about this country or are even worried dat dis country are being governed by very demonic people.. Politicians lie to the people, deprive them of virtually everything, yet the police turn around and shoot innocent ppl in d face of unsolved kidnapping, criminal activities and destruction, d country is due for a revolution, how long wld u ediot nigerians countinue like dis, dis is not a country, is a full shit hole with u all galivanting in a lawless contraption.. Let dis contraption be splited and all protectorate govern , protect and fend for itself, this is desame crazy countraption of a lawless country dis girl was serving n was shot by a bastard on a government uniform...all u nigerians should begin to rise now and see dis madness of lawlessness of a contraption end... How long wld u all countinue to take all d shit..let it start from d virtual world internet here....everyone should begin to retweet his or her disgust for d current demonism of police on harmless nigerians, and dia neglect of criminal n demonic criminals they should be goin after, d killing of d girl, n so many other useless killings and activities of d npf against harmless citizens instead of defending dem...let a spark begin against dis heartless and insensitive demons in helm of affairs , who after political positions n have no feelings for d people, CITIZENS OF THE BLACK MOST POPULOUS RACE, RISE! RISE!...HABA

1 Like

Re: Linda Nkechi Igwetu, Corper Shot Dead By Policeman In Abuja A Day To Her POP by Codedworld1: 9:51pm On Jul 04, 2018
I fear Nigeria police...they always look angry and frustrated.
Re: Linda Nkechi Igwetu, Corper Shot Dead By Policeman In Abuja A Day To Her POP by dingbang(m): 9:51pm On Jul 04, 2018
mulante:
Now I begin to wonder if I should get excited that 9 policemen were killed just days ago in this same Abuja.
be excited bro, he who kills by the sword must die by it.
Re: Linda Nkechi Igwetu, Corper Shot Dead By Policeman In Abuja A Day To Her POP by udo2018: 9:52pm On Jul 04, 2018
EroticJane:
But why didn't they stop at the check point? were they running away with something or what?
What a display picture. You're very funny o.
Re: Linda Nkechi Igwetu, Corper Shot Dead By Policeman In Abuja A Day To Her POP by drseun91(m): 9:52pm On Jul 04, 2018
It very sad that we re losing our youths everyday while in a sane world they re protected, her death was avoidable. However the police should dealt with more so, we re in a country where insecurity has been our major challenge, if the driver had stopped her death would ve been avoided. I blame those in d car, they should ve told d drive to stop however they were fully aware of the insecurity in the country and the policeman will not go unpunished
Re: Linda Nkechi Igwetu, Corper Shot Dead By Policeman In Abuja A Day To Her POP by Nobody: 9:52pm On Jul 04, 2018
davodyguy:
This is preventable.

1. They were out at Midnight, possibly returning from party or club, to celebrate in anticipation of POP.
2. If they stayed in doors and faced the service they were sent to do, may be it may not have happened
3. The policemen, officers empowered by Law stopped you, but you refused to obey the officers of the law. Are you guys criminals? Why didn't you stop?
4. Would this have happened in America? Yes it could have happened. Even unarmed blacks are shot by policeman, talk less of people who were stopped and refused to accede.
5. Was the officer that shit overzealous? Yes he was. But judging by the volatility of northern Nigeria today, they could have been mistook as criminals running from officers.

My conclusion.

If they stayed indoors and faced what they're sent to do, this could have been avoided

The officer may go Scot free, on the basis of security situation in the country.

You're a føøl. Stay inside your house and don't go out again because police might shoot you to death, manna from heaven will fall inside and feed you there.
Re: Linda Nkechi Igwetu, Corper Shot Dead By Policeman In Abuja A Day To Her POP by talk2emma: 9:52pm On Jul 04, 2018
RIP Nigeria police
Re: Linda Nkechi Igwetu, Corper Shot Dead By Policeman In Abuja A Day To Her POP by greggng: 9:53pm On Jul 04, 2018
mexzony:

It does not give a police man a right to open fire carelessly. They were not being attacked highest you aim for the tires. They refused to stop does that mean they were criminals.they were not shooting at you nothing if they don't stop then you let them drive off if you cant pursue. You just can't open fire just like that.

Honestly speaking I agree with you but we are living in dangerous time. She could be seen as a suicide bomber....The moral lesson is that we 've to be law abiding cos is just a narrow line that separate life from death. I only hope she gets justice

1 Like

Re: Linda Nkechi Igwetu, Corper Shot Dead By Policeman In Abuja A Day To Her POP by brownhawk: 9:56pm On Jul 04, 2018
emmanuelex1:
Do not blame, just read and pass if you must blame.
who did I blame. grin sharrap and pass if u have no facts
Re: Linda Nkechi Igwetu, Corper Shot Dead By Policeman In Abuja A Day To Her POP by mexzony: 9:56pm On Jul 04, 2018
From what I have gathered treatment was actually started immediately she was brought in but the problem was that she had already lost so much blood by the time she was brought in.

2 Likes

Re: Linda Nkechi Igwetu, Corper Shot Dead By Policeman In Abuja A Day To Her POP by davodyguy: 9:57pm On Jul 04, 2018
abiola883:
Can you just hear yourself. If it were to be your family, would you have said the same thing? Fear God.

Yes, I would have.

I'm been there before in 2006. Was stopped by Policemen on patrol at Ojuelegba and I stupidly drove off and was chased. I was caught towards Agege Motor road and the officers wanted to open fire, but God stopped them. I was taken to Area C and was warned never to try such again. I had all my papers complete

2 Likes

Re: Linda Nkechi Igwetu, Corper Shot Dead By Policeman In Abuja A Day To Her POP by jinx14: 9:57pm On Jul 04, 2018
davodyguy:
This is preventable.

My conclusion.

So the policeman cannot shoot the tyres instead abi.... Gun just dey shark their head jare
Re: Linda Nkechi Igwetu, Corper Shot Dead By Policeman In Abuja A Day To Her POP by drseun91(m): 9:57pm On Jul 04, 2018
abiola883:

Truth is bitter, there is no way we will blame the policeman that we wouldn't blame the ppl in the car, let be objective here, they were aware of insecurity in the country, would they kill them if they stopped at the check point?

2 Likes

Re: Linda Nkechi Igwetu, Corper Shot Dead By Policeman In Abuja A Day To Her POP by brownhawk: 9:57pm On Jul 04, 2018
chiedu7:

See almajiri parasite
chai chilldren of hates grin.

See the albino piss drinker cheesy
Re: Linda Nkechi Igwetu, Corper Shot Dead By Policeman In Abuja A Day To Her POP by AkpaMgbor(m): 9:58pm On Jul 04, 2018
mexzony:

It does not give a police man a right to open fire carelessly. They were not being attacked highest you aim for the tires. They refused to stop does that mean they were criminals.they were not shooting at you nothing if they don't stop then you let them drive off if you cant pursue. You just can't open fire just like that.
You look at those comments you quoted and then you begin to realise the twisted mentality that pervades most nigerian minds...very sick people..they are just as wicked as the politicians and uniform men they love to berate...the only difference is that the politicians and uniform men have more power than them..but given the chance and you will see that they're no better.

2 Likes

Re: Linda Nkechi Igwetu, Corper Shot Dead By Policeman In Abuja A Day To Her POP by davodyguy: 10:00pm On Jul 04, 2018
jinx14:

So the policeman cannot shoot the tyres instead abi.... Gun just dey shark their head jare
The US policemen do not shoot tires, but people

2 Likes

Re: Linda Nkechi Igwetu, Corper Shot Dead By Policeman In Abuja A Day To Her POP by ademoladeji(m): 10:01pm On Jul 04, 2018
davodyguy:
This is preventable.

My conclusion.

Besides, some policemen were killed by some unknown gunmen few days ago.

Why not wait for stop n search instead of whisking away.

So unfortunate

3 Likes

Re: Linda Nkechi Igwetu, Corper Shot Dead By Policeman In Abuja A Day To Her POP by jinx14: 10:03pm On Jul 04, 2018
davodyguy:
The US policemen do not shoot tires, but people

Chai lemme kukuma stay here in Nigeria... I no go America Again
Re: Linda Nkechi Igwetu, Corper Shot Dead By Policeman In Abuja A Day To Her POP by davodyguy: 10:04pm On Jul 04, 2018
ademoladeji:

Besides, some policemen were killed by some unknown gunmen few days ago.

Why not wait for stop b search instead of whisking away.

So unfortunate
That's the point I'm making

2 Likes

Re: Linda Nkechi Igwetu, Corper Shot Dead By Policeman In Abuja A Day To Her POP by mexzony: 10:06pm On Jul 04, 2018
AkpaMgbor:

You look at those comments you quoted and then you begin to realise the twisted mentality that pervades most nigerian minds...very sick people..they are just as wicked as the politicians and uniform men they love to berate...the only difference is that the politicians and uniform men have more power than them..but given the chance and you will that they're no better.
Honestly reading this story just weak me. I feel so sad.
Having passed out of NYSC just last December I know how happy I was and to see this happen. Am so sad. Why is this happening. If care is not taken this country will decend to chaos.
Re: Linda Nkechi Igwetu, Corper Shot Dead By Policeman In Abuja A Day To Her POP by olas24u(f): 10:11pm On Jul 04, 2018
we await the next one again.
Re: Linda Nkechi Igwetu, Corper Shot Dead By Policeman In Abuja A Day To Her POP by Burgerlomo: 10:12pm On Jul 04, 2018
lastmaster:
The NPF are more dangerous than harm robbers

Re: Linda Nkechi Igwetu, Corper Shot Dead By Policeman In Abuja A Day To Her POP by peacengine(m): 10:13pm On Jul 04, 2018
Feelin sorry for this damezel buh they should have stopped for checks, the police should have shot the tire instead unless he suspects they hav weapons in the car. The pix shows a pipe already inserted into her, means treatment was somehow started
Re: Linda Nkechi Igwetu, Corper Shot Dead By Policeman In Abuja A Day To Her POP by brownhawk: 10:16pm On Jul 04, 2018
CSTR1005:

of course.

The universe will not give you help from a flatron.
insha Allah.

A flatiron will be in a position to help but you will not get that help according to the words of your mouth.
chai :Dboiling shill-dren is claiming I said what I didn't. Issorite shill-dren of hate will always hate. Now shild go back to drinking piss and socializing with ur yam legged whoores. Ayam busy though u are amusing
Re: Linda Nkechi Igwetu, Corper Shot Dead By Policeman In Abuja A Day To Her POP by MartinCorridon: 10:16pm On Jul 04, 2018
davodyguy:
This is preventable.

My conclusion.

Nigerians really can't reason well and i can bet you that plenty of them would insult you for this very intelligent post.

I agree with everything you said.

People are up there abusing the Police for shooting, why would anyone not stop at a checkpoint?

If everyone is allowed to speed off from checkpoints and terrorism thrives with bomb attacks, the same idiots would start shouting.

Those in the car that survived this incident would learn to slow down at a police checkpoint in future, they learnt the hard way

4 Likes

Re: Linda Nkechi Igwetu, Corper Shot Dead By Policeman In Abuja A Day To Her POP by giles14(m): 10:17pm On Jul 04, 2018
akiOYIBO:
She's a full grown Igbo woman so what do u expect from a Fulani policeman. One day with tears of blood we shall rise. We shall fight fight and fight until the faces of d dead from 1967 to date glow with smiles and their mouths with songs. One day Nigeria and its southern friend will be deceased but until that day-we will never forgive Nigeria, never, not the people of Biafra.
Mr man go and sleep.tommorom u will also so SARS(igbo policemen )in onistha and that goes about killing their brothers are also Fulani police.

RIP to the dead.
she served in abuja ,
was aware of the killing of 7 policemen
on getting to a police check point late at night,
you refused so stop but want to speed pass them.

they were on a suicide mission.
on a scale of 10 on who to allocate blame.
the police fault is 2
hospital 2
the lady and the other occupants 6
Re: Linda Nkechi Igwetu, Corper Shot Dead By Policeman In Abuja A Day To Her POP by coleB(m): 10:19pm On Jul 04, 2018
am just pissed off asf.
these doctors refusing to treat gunshot wounds without police report, knowing that time is essential in saving a human life, would these doctors and nurses give d same reaction if the casualty involved is their loved ones?? undecided? food for thought!
dat would b double standards.
i tot d senate has passed d bill for gunshot victims to receive treatment, whilst d hospital invite d police later.
if it was so in the USA, then they would ve lost countless souls by now.

what was d driver of that vehicle thinking wen he evaded d check Point, knowing how volatile and trigger happy most of our incompetent police officers can be.d country is bad, and police officers are a bit edgy after d slaughtering of their colleagues at a check point jst days ago in that same abuja.. he caused this and will ve to carry that thoughts for the rest of his life.
as d bullet hit the lady, it halted and altered his evading process wot did he gain to start that in d first place.
reason y i dont allow my friends speeding past a check point, if I'm in d car.

finally, d oga police , u engage only wen u r engaged.. we can't keep losing innocent like this.. just imagine d pain u caused d family and friends of the deceased? someone's career just got extinguished in a moment of sheer stupidity. u should have known beta that d bullet could hit any body in that vehicle..

i wan change my country. i am tired and frustrated enough already

2 Likes

Re: Linda Nkechi Igwetu, Corper Shot Dead By Policeman In Abuja A Day To Her POP by CSTR1005: 10:20pm On Jul 04, 2018
brownhawk:
chai :Dboiling shill-dren is claiming I said what I didn't. Issorite shill-dren of hate will always hate. Now shild go back to drinking piss and socializing with ur yam legged whoores. Ayam busy though u are amusing
See who is talking about hate.

Mr man, go and sleep. You hateful piece of shitt.

And don't forget that a flatron will never help you in life.
You will remain invisible to help from any flatron anywhere in the world.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Police In Imo Discover Unclad Body Of A Rape Victim A Day After Val(Graphic Pics / Josephine Cynthia Inalegwu, Bride-to-be Missing Few Days To Her Wedding Day / Video Of A Lady Arrested By Ibadan Police Goes Viral

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.