Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,872 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:50 PM

Linda Nkechi Igwetu, Corper Shot Dead By Policeman In Abuja A Day To Her POP - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Linda Nkechi Igwetu, Corper Shot Dead By Policeman In Abuja A Day To Her POP (74312 Views)

Young Air Force Officer Killed By Policeman At ATM In Calabar. Photos / Pregnant Nigerian Immigrant Collapses In Italy While Being Beaten By Policeman / Burial Of Angela Nkechi Igwetu, Corper Shot By Policeman (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Linda Nkechi Igwetu, Corper Shot Dead By Policeman In Abuja A Day To Her POP by Unitedabby(m): 10:20pm On Jul 04, 2018
brownhawk:
She failed to stop at check point and got the next appropriate response. Or what does check point mean and which categories of people is it meant to neutralize.

Flatirons and their waywardness grin
wait a sec,would you have said the same thing if the victim was your loved one?sincere answer pls!
Re: Linda Nkechi Igwetu, Corper Shot Dead By Policeman In Abuja A Day To Her POP by chris31(m): 10:22pm On Jul 04, 2018
Hear yourself out
She passed at police checkpoint & they stopped her she refused to stopped
No place is safe in Nigeria & the police might be thinking otherwise
Even USA there police might acted same way
Ur sister may have been drunk if not i don't see the reason she would have disobeyed an order
Sorry for ur sister death but u girls are living a reckless life
Nothing will come out of this case coz with this ur statement
Re: Linda Nkechi Igwetu, Corper Shot Dead By Policeman In Abuja A Day To Her POP by coleB(m): 10:23pm On Jul 04, 2018
giles14:
Mr man go and sleep.tommorom u will also so SARS(igbo policemen )in onistha and that goes about killing their brothers are also Fulani police.

RIP to the dead.
she served in abuja ,
was aware of the killing of 7 policemen
on getting to a police check point late at night,
you refused so stop but want to speed pass them.

they were on a suicide mission.
on a scale of 10 on who to allocate blame.
the police fault is 2
hospital 2
the lady and the other occupants 6

u cant blame the occupants. only d driver is culpable to this offence.. can a passenger wrestle d steering or pedals of a speeding car frm d driver? ?
Re: Linda Nkechi Igwetu, Corper Shot Dead By Policeman In Abuja A Day To Her POP by brownhawk: 10:24pm On Jul 04, 2018
Unitedabby:
wait a sec,would you have said the same thing if the victim was your loved one?sincere answer pls!
my sincerest answer is yes. Because I believe in knowledge and detest law breakers. Oh besides my family members are too genuinely educated than to be law breakers in the society

2 Likes

Re: Linda Nkechi Igwetu, Corper Shot Dead By Policeman In Abuja A Day To Her POP by kayzay4all: 10:25pm On Jul 04, 2018
[b][/b]how is this country so designed to be callous and cruel to itself and it people with impunity on the part of the perpetrators of this cruelty. police report is just a paper for crying out loud but unfortunately this paper is more important than human life? ok, just as life of cows too dey important pass human life. the colonialists gave us a jungle which have failed to redesign...we can't continue dis way. my condolence goes to the family. it hurts so bad. what a sad feeling 'coz I'm also expecting my friends to pass out tomorrow.
Re: Linda Nkechi Igwetu, Corper Shot Dead By Policeman In Abuja A Day To Her POP by brownhawk: 10:26pm On Jul 04, 2018
CSTR1005:

See who is talking about hate.

Mr man, go and sleep. You hateful piece of shitt.

And don't forget that a flatron will never help you in life.
You will remain invisible to help from any flatron anywhere in the world.
ok OO. Shild of hate, I say go back to drink piss and socializing with your yam legged prostituteees women
Re: Linda Nkechi Igwetu, Corper Shot Dead By Policeman In Abuja A Day To Her POP by seunjungle1(m): 10:28pm On Jul 04, 2018
I tot your conclusion is gonna end well but rubbish!
Can't the police have any other alternative means to stop them? Must they shoot? There was no violence movement that warrant the shooting, why discharged?
Mr man! I know if you're not a policeman one of your family members must belong to them...with this your no sense and unwanted excuses you gave.
Just put yourself in that horrible state of mind the deceased family will be...just imagine what will be running through their minds now.
Devil act you get!

davodyguy:
This is preventable.
Before we blame let's critically examine this story.

1. They were out at Midnight, possibly returning from party or club, to celebrate in anticipation of POP.
2. If they stayed in doors and faced the service they were sent to do, may be it may not have happened
3. The policemen, officers empowered by Law stopped you, but you refused to obey the officers of the law. Are you guys criminals? Why didn't you stop?
4. Would this have happened in America? Yes it could have happened. Even unarmed blacks are shot by policeman, talk less of people who were stopped and refused to accede.
5. Was the officer that shit overzealous? Yes he was. But judging by the volatility of northern Nigeria today, they could have been mistook as criminals running from officers.

My conclusion.

If they stayed indoors and faced what they're sent to do, this could have been avoided
If they had stopped, this could also have been avoided.

The officer may go Scot free, on the basis of security situation in the country.

We need to be careful ourselves
Re: Linda Nkechi Igwetu, Corper Shot Dead By Policeman In Abuja A Day To Her POP by MartinCorridon: 10:29pm On Jul 04, 2018
giles14:
Mr man go and sleep.tommorom u will also so SARS(igbo policemen )in onistha and that goes about killing their brothers are also Fulani police.

RIP to the dead.
she served in abuja ,
was aware of the killing of 7 policemen
on getting to a police check point late at night,
you refused so stop but want to speed pass them.

they were on a suicide mission.
on a scale of 10 on who to allocate blame.
the police fault is 1
hospital 1
the lady and the other occupants 9.9

Fixed.

The hospital is at fault because the law has been changed; though not enforced.

Whether we like it or not, the policemen were doing their jobs, anyone who flees without just cause is guilty until proven otherwise.

The folks in the car were very foolish and next time, should do it at a military check-point in North East.
Re: Linda Nkechi Igwetu, Corper Shot Dead By Policeman In Abuja A Day To Her POP by Nobody: 10:30pm On Jul 04, 2018
davodyguy:
[s]This is preventable.

1. They were out at Midnight, possibly returning from party or club, to celebrate in anticipation of POP.
2. If they stayed in doors and faced the service they were sent to do, may be it may not have happened
3. The policemen, officers empowered by Law stopped you, but you refused to obey the officers of the law. Are you guys criminals? Why didn't you stop?
4. Would this have happened in America? Yes it could have happened. Even unarmed blacks are shot by policeman, talk less of people who were stopped and refused to accede.
5. Was the officer that shit overzealous? Yes he was. But judging by the volatility of northern Nigeria today, they could have been mistook as criminals running from officers.

My conclusion.

If they stayed indoors and faced what they're sent to do, this could have been avoided

The officer may go Scot free, on the basis of security situation in the country.

We need to be careful ourselves[/s]
Assuming all these are correct, is it reasonable for an officer to respond to a 'fleeing' vehicle by discharging his firearm directly at the car? What happened to chasing the 'suspects'? Please do not let us justify such animalistic behaviour.

2 Likes

Re: Linda Nkechi Igwetu, Corper Shot Dead By Policeman In Abuja A Day To Her POP by coleB(m): 10:32pm On Jul 04, 2018
davodyguy:
This is preventable.

My conclusion.

i agree with u to some point.. hope that was sarcasm wen said, if they had stayed indoors and faced wot they were sent to do, it wouldnt have happened.
all men must die one way or another. if the fear of death should make one to cease living their life, d person is no beter than someone that was never born.
life itself is a risk. a child that is scared of falling and breaking his leg wen learning how to walk, will never walk
Re: Linda Nkechi Igwetu, Corper Shot Dead By Policeman In Abuja A Day To Her POP by Therealev: 10:41pm On Jul 04, 2018
ehis05:
I cant believe this.. Igwetu nkechi..my classmate at Command Ojo then..this is sad.. May her soul rest in peace cry cry

she was my coursemate in UNILAG.
Re: Linda Nkechi Igwetu, Corper Shot Dead By Policeman In Abuja A Day To Her POP by bibe(m): 10:46pm On Jul 04, 2018
davodyguy:
This is preventable.

My conclusion.

Freedom of movement is a basic human right, there's no curfew in place and it's no crime to hang out late.

There are rules of engagement when it comes to stop and search. Did the police follow the rule of engagement in that situation?

Why can't we be more critical with our analysis in this country? It's a shame we are clamoring for change and yet we have people who reason the way you do. I mean no offence really.

PS: That hospital management should be prosecuted as a detterance to others.
Re: Linda Nkechi Igwetu, Corper Shot Dead By Policeman In Abuja A Day To Her POP by 8stargeneral: 10:48pm On Jul 04, 2018
Failed nation
Re: Linda Nkechi Igwetu, Corper Shot Dead By Policeman In Abuja A Day To Her POP by mystiquemaestro(m): 10:49pm On Jul 04, 2018
Hmmmmm, bro you might be hidden behind a keyboard but the universe, fate and karma doesn't need your address to visit a taste of this on you.

brownhawk:
She failed to stop at check point and got the next appropriate response. Or what does check point mean and which categories of people is it meant to neutralize.

Flatirons and their waywardness grin

1 Like

Re: Linda Nkechi Igwetu, Corper Shot Dead By Policeman In Abuja A Day To Her POP by brownhawk: 10:52pm On Jul 04, 2018
mystiquemaestro:
Hmmmmm, bro you might be hidden behind a keyboard but the universe, fate and karma doesn't need your address to visit a taste of this on you.

chai they have resulted to spirituality. My tongue has weakened their balls
Re: Linda Nkechi Igwetu, Corper Shot Dead By Policeman In Abuja A Day To Her POP by coonett87: 10:52pm On Jul 04, 2018
cry
Re: Linda Nkechi Igwetu, Corper Shot Dead By Policeman In Abuja A Day To Her POP by coonett87: 10:54pm On Jul 04, 2018
We should educate ourselves and learn lesson from this ugly incident rather than pushing blames upandan. Whenever u reach a security check point, courtesy demands u do the following;

1. Kindly slow down ur vehicle.
2. Reduce or turn Off ur radio set.
3. Wind down ur glass.
4. Turn ON ur inner lights at night.
5. Remove ur sun glasses during the day.
6. Listen carefully in a polite manner.
7. Identify urself properly and provide the papers when asked to do so and what have you...

#Abuja residents should avoid night movements for now because security personeels have been deployed massively as a result of the incident that happened barely 48 hours.

3 Likes

Re: Linda Nkechi Igwetu, Corper Shot Dead By Policeman In Abuja A Day To Her POP by sirbulle(m): 10:58pm On Jul 04, 2018
Sorry to say this, it is only in Nigeria we hear this type of thing. What a country. Where are we going to. God help us.[color=#000099][/color]
Re: Linda Nkechi Igwetu, Corper Shot Dead By Policeman In Abuja A Day To Her POP by mejai(m): 11:12pm On Jul 04, 2018
coonett87:
cry
end of discussion

it won't cost anything to follow dis procedure.
Re: Linda Nkechi Igwetu, Corper Shot Dead By Policeman In Abuja A Day To Her POP by mejai(m): 11:14pm On Jul 04, 2018
coonett87:
We should educate ourselves and learn lesson from this ugly incident rather than pushing blames upandan. Whenever u reach a security check point, courtesy demands u do the following;

1. Kindly slow down ur vehicle.
2. Reduce or turn Off ur radio set.
3. Wind down ur glass.
4. Turn ON ur inner lights at night.
5. Remove ur sun glasses during the day.
6. Listen carefully in a polite manner.
7. Identify urself properly and provide the papers when asked to do so and what have you...

#Abuja residents should avoid night movements for now because security personeels have been deployed massively as a result of the incident that happened barely 48 hours.
end of discussion
Re: Linda Nkechi Igwetu, Corper Shot Dead By Policeman In Abuja A Day To Her POP by Nobody: 11:31pm On Jul 04, 2018
lastmaster:
The NPF are more dangerous than harm armed robbers
Re: Linda Nkechi Igwetu, Corper Shot Dead By Policeman In Abuja A Day To Her POP by engrajoo1(m): 11:48pm On Jul 04, 2018
davodyguy:
This is preventable.

My conclusion.

What happen to shooting the tire of the vehicle. ... Must they always waste the life of Nigerians..... This is a lady I know too well she's calm though inquisitive and the social type we were in the same platoon at magaji Dan yamusa before she relocated to abuja after the camping
Re: Linda Nkechi Igwetu, Corper Shot Dead By Policeman In Abuja A Day To Her POP by fakati(m): 12:02am On Jul 05, 2018
Which police report before you treat gun shot instead of you to save her life first before the formality.
Re: Linda Nkechi Igwetu, Corper Shot Dead By Policeman In Abuja A Day To Her POP by BanevsJoker(m): 12:36am On Jul 05, 2018
davodyguy:
This is preventable.

My conclusion.

Who are the ignorant idiots liking your post? How can you justify this nonsense? Don't worry, just pray you are never outside your house late at night.
Re: Linda Nkechi Igwetu, Corper Shot Dead By Policeman In Abuja A Day To Her POP by Nobody: 1:36am On Jul 05, 2018
Amagite2:
From; Amagitesblog.com

A female Corps member, Igwetu Linda Nkechi, bled to death in a hospital after she was shot by the police today in Abuja.

According to a friend of hers who shared the story on Twitter, She passed a checkpoint but didn't stop, one of the policemen opened fire on the car and the bullet hit Angela by her side.

She was taken to the hospital and bleed to death because no police report.

According to her sister who also shared the story on Twitter crying for help, Angela was meant to pass out tomorrow.

Read more here; http://www.amagitesblog.com/2018/07/corps-member-meant-to-pass-out-tomorrow-bleeds-to-death-after-being-shot-by-a-policeman-in-abuja.html

Why did she not stop at a police check? About three days ago seven officers shot dead for nothing. Security in Abuja is currently heightened- the least should could have done is stop. Now she is gone and this officer who does not look like a bad man is in trouble.
Re: Linda Nkechi Igwetu, Corper Shot Dead By Policeman In Abuja A Day To Her POP by Trustluv(f): 2:52am On Jul 05, 2018
OMG!!!this is disheartening...!!. RIP beautiful one.
Re: Linda Nkechi Igwetu, Corper Shot Dead By Policeman In Abuja A Day To Her POP by Boyooosa(m): 3:33am On Jul 05, 2018
I got this two days ago...
May be if they had gotten this as well and they were adequately cultured, who knows, she wouldn't have died. At least, I did not read it anywhere that the police officer killed every one that patronized that road that night. I see this as a lesson for who will just learn.

SECURITY ADVISORY
FCT ABUJA
=================

In view of yesterday's killing of seven police officers on their duty location by suspected gunmen around the Galadimawa area of FCT.

There is an increased deployment of security personnel within the city Centre and entry points into FCT.

members are advised to avoid night movements or late evening activities for now.

When stopped by security personnel should be calm and properly identify self in a calm and cool manner.

Avoid any confrontational approach or attitudes with law enforcement agencies as these may lead to unwarranted aggression if handled badly

To be on the look out of their immediate environment as police officers may likely be more aggressive as these ugly incidents circulates among the the general population.

Members whose residence are within some locations such as:
a. Games Village axis
b. Sunnyvale/Galadimawa axis
are advised to avoid returning home late

These advisories are to remain effective as we wish the aftermath of the ugly killing incident of these police officers and the police reactions.

REMEMBER YOUR SECURITY IS YOUR PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY.

Be safe.
Copied

MAY BE LALA SHOULD JUST PUSH THIS TO THE FP BASED ON SERVICE TO HUMANITY!!!
Re: Linda Nkechi Igwetu, Corper Shot Dead By Policeman In Abuja A Day To Her POP by toprealman: 4:56am On Jul 05, 2018
thoollz:
Pathetic. Why didn't she stop? Is A mentally stable policeman supposed to shoot a moving vehicle? I thought it was said that gunshot victims should b treated without a police report, why wasn't she treated?

This country isn't safe anymore. May her soul Rest In Peace.
They shot at their car......she probably wasn't the person driving.
Re: Linda Nkechi Igwetu, Corper Shot Dead By Policeman In Abuja A Day To Her POP by ozo13(m): 4:56am On Jul 05, 2018
davodyguy:
This is preventable.

My conclusion.

Jus few days ago 6policemen who wr securing d road wr shot at and killed by arm robbery gangs in that same Abuja.they made a big mistake by such decision.u don't catch fun by risking ur life. RIP to her.
Re: Linda Nkechi Igwetu, Corper Shot Dead By Policeman In Abuja A Day To Her POP by olaodun: 5:00am On Jul 05, 2018
I sympathize with her family, but my advise to the living is that we are not in a normal country, pls obey the authority, fear danger and be careful and be wise save your soul

1 Like

Re: Linda Nkechi Igwetu, Corper Shot Dead By Policeman In Abuja A Day To Her POP by Talknochip(m): 5:19am On Jul 05, 2018
This is evil, pure evil
Re: Linda Nkechi Igwetu, Corper Shot Dead By Policeman In Abuja A Day To Her POP by scarr: 5:45am On Jul 05, 2018
davodyguy:
This is preventable.

My conclusion.

If they have stayed indoors?
Like going to night clubs or watching late night movies when there was no curfew in place is now a crime ??
So because there are chances similar cases happen in US, it's permitted to happen here?
Even criminals are not criminals until the court says so!
Is evading arrest punishable by death anywhere??

I'm trying so hard not to say u're stupid sir.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Video Of A Lady Arrested By Ibadan Police Goes Viral / Josephine Cynthia Inalegwu, Bride-to-be Missing Few Days To Her Wedding Day / 34 Female Strippers From Wealthy Homes Arrested In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.