Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,657 members, 7,809,486 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:27 AM

Owerri: Roads And Roundabouts Flooded - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Owerri: Roads And Roundabouts Flooded (23962 Views)

Sit-At-Home: Major Roads And Streets In Awka Deserted (Video) / Ariara International Market Aba Flooded After First Rain (Video) / How Governor Wike's Controversial Roundabouts Are Beautifying Parts Rivers State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Owerri: Roads And Roundabouts Flooded by Nobody: 9:18am On Jul 05, 2018
A facebook user shared pictures of flood in Owerri, along Okigwe Road yesterday. Flood covers roundabouts and roads as a result of heavy downpour.

The user took a swipe at the Governor when he said sarcastically that "Our Governor is working" .

Source:
https://naijadriva./2018/07/05/roads-and-roundabout-flooded-in-owerri/

What do you think?

See photos below:

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Owerri: Roads And Roundabouts Flooded by Millenniumlady(f): 9:20am On Jul 05, 2018
Igbo amaka wink

24 Likes

Re: Owerri: Roads And Roundabouts Flooded by Nobody: 9:36am On Jul 05, 2018
Millenniumlady:
Igbo amaka wink
must you drag tribalism into this, flood is not common in the east alone. it's a national problem if we continue playing this tribal card we won't move forward as a nation dear.our greedy leaders will continue taking advantage of us

77 Likes

Re: Owerri: Roads And Roundabouts Flooded by Nobody: 9:38am On Jul 05, 2018
Millenniumlady:
Igbo amaka wink

Not only IMO State is flooded at this time. This is not the time for tribalism.

37 Likes

Re: Owerri: Roads And Roundabouts Flooded by Millenniumlady(f): 9:40am On Jul 05, 2018
jessca048:
must you drag tribalism into this, flood is not common in the east alone. it's a national problem if we continue playing this tribal card we won't move forward as a nation dear.our greedy leaders will continue taking advantage of us
What tribalism are you talking about ? mind you I'm an igbo lady so I have the right to say what I want to......Hope it helps smiley

21 Likes

Re: Owerri: Roads And Roundabouts Flooded by amaco13: 9:47am On Jul 05, 2018
Millenniumlady:
What tribalism are you talking about ? mind you I'm an igbo lady so I have the right to say what I want to......Hope it helps smiley
the rain was too much yesterday, and when did you take this pic. because I passed this area 25munites after the rain didn't see this flood, so did you snap while it was raining or after.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Owerri: Roads And Roundabouts Flooded by Millenniumlady(f): 9:48am On Jul 05, 2018
amaco13:
the rain was too much yesterday, and when did you take this pic. because I passed this area 25munites after the rain didn't see this flood, so did you snap while it was raining or after.
Ask the OP smiley

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Owerri: Roads And Roundabouts Flooded by Wiseandtrue(f): 9:52am On Jul 05, 2018
And Okorocha be doling out statues as if the state has no problem undecided

APC has done nothing different from PDP. Infact, they are worst!

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Owerri: Roads And Roundabouts Flooded by neromusicals: 9:56am On Jul 05, 2018
Ninja which way??
Re: Owerri: Roads And Roundabouts Flooded by redsquare(m): 9:56am On Jul 05, 2018
Not a new thing. Flooding is a global thing. It has happened in major cities across the world, so Owerri own is not an exception. Even though I know say Rochas na cow.

8 Likes

Re: Owerri: Roads And Roundabouts Flooded by Baroba(m): 9:56am On Jul 05, 2018
Rochacha, onye okwe.. useless governor..

2 Likes

Re: Owerri: Roads And Roundabouts Flooded by isidiwent: 9:56am On Jul 05, 2018
Millenniumlady:
Igbo amaka wink
Jealousy

3 Likes

Re: Owerri: Roads And Roundabouts Flooded by EmekaBlue(m): 9:57am On Jul 05, 2018
I remember my days at FUTO.....Owerri a small town has been a flood zone especially around "New market" in serious rain times because of blockage of the drainage system caused by market traders and consumers and no great sanitation techniques. Not only in okoroawusa tenure but far back 10yrs ago.

Someone need to change tinz

7 Likes

Re: Owerri: Roads And Roundabouts Flooded by inoki247: 9:57am On Jul 05, 2018
well is called public swimming pool go have fun owerri pipul

2 Likes

Re: Owerri: Roads And Roundabouts Flooded by Nobody: 9:57am On Jul 05, 2018
Just when i was thinking of relocating to Owerri. Might need to have a rethink...

1 Like

Re: Owerri: Roads And Roundabouts Flooded by ahukannakate(f): 9:57am On Jul 05, 2018
That is Nigeria for you.

3 Likes

Re: Owerri: Roads And Roundabouts Flooded by donblade85555(m): 9:57am On Jul 05, 2018
this na river na
Re: Owerri: Roads And Roundabouts Flooded by brightisodje(m): 9:58am On Jul 05, 2018
this country is finish

Re: Owerri: Roads And Roundabouts Flooded by solpat(m): 9:58am On Jul 05, 2018
Okorocha is truly working gringrin

1 Like

Re: Owerri: Roads And Roundabouts Flooded by stefanweeks: 9:58am On Jul 05, 2018
Okorocha blessed una with natural swimming pool

Maybe he is preparing imolites for the olympics

14 Likes

Re: Owerri: Roads And Roundabouts Flooded by danielkanu2019: 9:58am On Jul 05, 2018
This is serious,
Imolite are having it bad in this current administration

Support Daniel Kanu
for Imo State

1 Like

Re: Owerri: Roads And Roundabouts Flooded by x9ja1960: 9:58am On Jul 05, 2018
This present administration has on several fronts proved to be a step back from what we used to have.

Just look at this same government house roundabout that was constructed a long time ago by Mbakwe, complete with giant drainage systems and whistling pines. One can easily see that the design was well thought out in line with peculiar weather and environmental conditions of the Southeast.

But Rochas came and in his wisdom, closed up ALL the giant drainage systems and fell all the trees, replacing them with tiny gutters that channel floods to no where and inconsequential road pillars.

I don't know if we are cursed in this part of the world. Making progress seems so unattainable even when we have several templates to borrow ideas from.

This is an unfortunate situation we have found ourselves in angry

5 Likes

Re: Owerri: Roads And Roundabouts Flooded by LazyNairalander(m): 9:59am On Jul 05, 2018
This is not good. The drainage must have been crowded with dirt and plastic materials.

check my SIGNATURE
Re: Owerri: Roads And Roundabouts Flooded by Britishcoins(m): 9:59am On Jul 05, 2018
Why won't it be flooded, look at one of the road okorohausa constructed, growing grasses

16 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Owerri: Roads And Roundabouts Flooded by alphaconde(m): 9:59am On Jul 05, 2018
APC BIGWINGS MET THERE A FEW DAYS AGO, WHICH THE RAIN HAD CARRIED THEM ALL. I DONT KNOW HOW THE POLITICAL CLASS CONTINUE TO ESCAPE DESTRUCTION

2 Likes

Re: Owerri: Roads And Roundabouts Flooded by Aku8702: 10:00am On Jul 05, 2018
Millenniumlady:

Shut your stinking mouth up

Because you are an Igbo, daz y u should be talking rubbish.

You are such a disgrace to the entire Igbo nation

6 Likes

Re: Owerri: Roads And Roundabouts Flooded by nwaguy01: 10:00am On Jul 05, 2018
Owerri is full of shit ...Rochas with inferior projects...When completed he will snap and keep bursting of craps he did...mtchew

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Aisha Alhassan 'Mama Taraba' Escapes Assassination - Voice Of Liberty Says / FG Launches Probe Into Onnoghen’s 13-year Salary Account / Fashola: Stop Praying All The Time, Get To Work

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.