Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,823 members, 7,810,160 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:09 PM

Lukman Haruna Vs Mikel Obi, Who Is Better? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Lukman Haruna Vs Mikel Obi, Who Is Better? (11102 Views)

Poll: Vote for the better footballer:

Lukman Haruna: 46% (68 votes)
Mikel Obi: 53% (79 votes)
This poll has ended

Abdul Haruna Slumps & Dies During Match / Paul Pogba Vs Mikel & Onazi / Haruna Lukman Deserves Eagles Call Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lukman Haruna Vs Mikel Obi, Who Is Better? by Nobody: 4:43pm On Jun 09, 2010
On my own opinion I think Lukman is a promising youngster. He is going to be useful in the nearest future.
Re: Lukman Haruna Vs Mikel Obi, Who Is Better? by Nobody: 4:50pm On Jun 09, 2010
wait make the boy play world cup first.
Re: Lukman Haruna Vs Mikel Obi, Who Is Better? by mrperfect2(m): 6:28pm On Jun 09, 2010
Both are unique.
Re: Lukman Haruna Vs Mikel Obi, Who Is Better? by 12large: 6:39pm On Jun 09, 2010
lukman is 100 percent better than mikel, mikel has been playing for chelsea for 4 seasons yet he has not improved, he passes the ball sideways all the time, no goal in 4 seasons what kind of useless player is that anytime he holds ball he pass it either backwards or sideways. but just look at lukman the guy is our new essien, he is nigeria answer to micheal essien they are very similar

1 Like

Re: Lukman Haruna Vs Mikel Obi, Who Is Better? by Bigpokey69: 6:53pm On Jun 09, 2010
what kind of stupid topic is this, do they both play for Nigeria? you should be happy that talents are emerging daily , instead of u to open such a clueless thread, u have ghainan blood in you abi?
Re: Lukman Haruna Vs Mikel Obi, Who Is Better? by dayokanu(m): 6:55pm On Jun 09, 2010
Lukman Haruna
Re: Lukman Haruna Vs Mikel Obi, Who Is Better? by 12large: 7:04pm On Jun 09, 2010
ahhh bigbokey na you be this why you leave those midgets for ghanaweb, yes they both play for the same country but we can still compare them together. just look at the way lukman came to eagles and command shirt imagine if we also brought okoro and ibrahim. anyway lukman is new essien and ibrahim is new okocha. poster you should have added ibrahim to the list
Re: Lukman Haruna Vs Mikel Obi, Who Is Better? by Nobody: 9:33pm On Jun 09, 2010
Too early to compare.
As upcoming, Mikel was better. Though not yet establsihed, Lukmon may be better when established.
Re: Lukman Haruna Vs Mikel Obi, Who Is Better? by udobim: 11:18pm On Jun 09, 2010
Mikel is more established, but Huruna plays better for now.
Re: Lukman Haruna Vs Mikel Obi, Who Is Better? by temmytanny(m): 7:39am On Jun 10, 2010
Haruna is the replica of mikel of 2006-8 season .too egoistic.lets pray he doesnt get red card in the tournament

i will pick mikel for now cos he defends better and have better pass accuracy.
Re: Lukman Haruna Vs Mikel Obi, Who Is Better? by moonraker(m): 8:06am On Jun 10, 2010
Habaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa,

Why compare Mikel and Haruna together,

They dont play same positions, This is like saying mouse and rat, which is better,

for the record, i would hv both on my team anyday for different reasons, The problem is (Mr Chidichris, Pls dont bite or abuse me on this one)

that i dont exactly understand Mikel sometimes, really, ( i will not proceed any further

1 Like

Re: Lukman Haruna Vs Mikel Obi, Who Is Better? by tosinaded(m): 8:51am On Jun 10, 2010
probably!

mourinho,scolari,grant, hiddink and ancellotti

are all fools!

Mikel is an established Defensive Midefielder!

Lukman can play both Defensive and attacking Midefield positions!
Re: Lukman Haruna Vs Mikel Obi, Who Is Better? by naso2(m): 9:21am On Jun 10, 2010
From just two friendly matches Lukman is now the super hero, make una take am easy. lets see him in a competitive match first.
Re: Lukman Haruna Vs Mikel Obi, Who Is Better? by Johnnny(m): 9:59am On Jun 10, 2010
@na so

Are u telling me that you've not seen Lukman haruna play for his club?

Or his exploits with Rabiu Ibrahim in the under20s? Well, apart from his daft recklessness in their last match of the tournament which sent us packing.

He is a very good midfielder. but needs to be polished.
Re: Lukman Haruna Vs Mikel Obi, Who Is Better? by naso2(m): 3:05pm On Jun 10, 2010
@johnny

In that competition , Haruna alone cost us two matches. His reckless tackle earned him a red card in the first match against venezuela(i think), where the team had to play with 10 men from the first half. Then against Germany his stylish attempt allowed the german to win the ball and go on to score.

I am not saying , he is not a good player, but this comparison with mikel is rather too early.
Re: Lukman Haruna Vs Mikel Obi, Who Is Better? by 12large: 3:28pm On Jun 10, 2010
na so abeg shut the hell up. mikel is useless how can someone play for chelsea for 4 good seasons and he has not improved still the same player that passes the ball sideways. haruna is better it is not too early to compare. anyway sometimes mikel actually performs good for naija. mikel is actually a good passer of the ball he is the best in africa but the problem is that most times he passes it sideways
Re: Lukman Haruna Vs Mikel Obi, Who Is Better? by Kgdavid(m): 5:14pm On Jun 10, 2010
12large:

na so abeg shut the hell up. mikel is useless how can someone play for chelsea for 4 good seasons and he has not improved still the same player that passes the ball sideways. haruna is better it is not too early to compare. anyway sometimes mikel actually performs good for naija. mikel is actually a good passer of the ball he is the best in africa but the problem is that most times he passes it sideways

make up your mind.

i thin they are both good but mikel is better at the moment. haruna has to develop and he looks rather small in size for a midfielder
Re: Lukman Haruna Vs Mikel Obi, Who Is Better? by 12large: 6:00pm On Jun 10, 2010
kydavid your a fool. how can you say mikel is better than haruna, what has mikel done other than pass the ball sideways all the time. when i said mikel is actually a good passer i mean that he has potential but he does not use it.
Re: Lukman Haruna Vs Mikel Obi, Who Is Better? by naso2(m): 6:12pm On Jun 10, 2010
@ Kgdavid
God bless you. how a player that is acclaimed useless and has not improved in 4yrs  is also adjudged the best passer of the ball by the same appraiser still beats my imagination too.

@12large
You no get respect I swear. I see Haruna as a good player, but only his enemies who pose as friends will fail to highlight his weak areas that need correction. If just advising people not to be too hasty in their praise for haruna is something that is too difficult  to understand , then i cant help you.

check this thread :https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-382040.96.html

This is what i posted on 25th jan as my preferred starting line up for the WC. So you know where I am coming from

EYEAMA

YOBO                        ADELEYE         SHITU                TAIWO/ECHIEJILE/CHIBUZOR

MIKEL           ETUHU            HARUNA LUKEMAN

OBASI/IK UCHE              MARTINS                       OSAZE                

With this squad we can hold our own against any team.

Re: Lukman Haruna Vs Mikel Obi, Who Is Better? by Kgdavid(m): 6:13pm On Jun 10, 2010
^ seconded
Re: Lukman Haruna Vs Mikel Obi, Who Is Better? by chidichris(m): 7:09pm On Jun 10, 2010
;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d
Re: Lukman Haruna Vs Mikel Obi, Who Is Better? by inme: 7:21pm On Jun 10, 2010
Mikel, Haruna lol this is laffable!

e be like say keyboard dey intoxicate some people sha
Re: Lukman Haruna Vs Mikel Obi, Who Is Better? by sultan003(m): 7:29pm On Jun 10, 2010
Mikel is a holding midfielder while Haruna is a Box-to-Box midfielder. their roles are different. the two are good in thier own roles.
Re: Lukman Haruna Vs Mikel Obi, Who Is Better? by chidichris(m): 7:49pm On Jun 10, 2010
i was just watching the pepsi advert in which mikel, lampard, drogba and theiry henry stared in.
na waa, this mikel don hammer oooooooooooooooo.
what surprised me in that advert was that mikel was even acting the bigger boy.
wow! the hand of God is upon that boy.
life is not by labour but by favour.
many of us here can pass the ball forward and score up to 10 goals in every match yet they are no where but God favours this one wey dey pass ball backward and sideways who has managed only two(2) goals in four seasons at chelsea.
from the way things are going, soon, we will be seeing obama and mikel go for dinner.
Re: Lukman Haruna Vs Mikel Obi, Who Is Better? by semid4lyfe(m): 8:36pm On Jun 10, 2010
chidichris:

i was just watching the pepsi advert in which mikel, lampard, drogba and theiry henry stared in.
na waa, this mikel don hammer oooooooooooooooo.
what surprised me in that advert was that mikel was even acting the bigger boy.
wow! the hand of God is upon that boy.
life is not by labour but by favour.
many of us here can pass the ball forward and score up to 10 goals in every match yet they are no where but God favours this one wey dey pass ball backward and sideways who has managed only two(2) goals in four seasons at chelsea.
from the way things are going, soon, we will be seeing obama and mikel go for dinner.
You're so full of $h!t. Go get a life and stop sucking on Mikel's d![kk

Pathetic Buffoon!
Re: Lukman Haruna Vs Mikel Obi, Who Is Better? by jaybee3(m): 8:38pm On Jun 10, 2010
Chidichris won't kill me for dis NL oh tongue
Re: Lukman Haruna Vs Mikel Obi, Who Is Better? by ayo84(m): 8:51pm On Jun 10, 2010
lukman haruna should seize the opportunity of this world cup and shine oh.he has more potentials than mikel obi as of now,mikel was a good player,who was standing shoulder to shoulder with lionel messi,but has lost much of his shine
Re: Lukman Haruna Vs Mikel Obi, Who Is Better? by inme: 8:53pm On Jun 10, 2010
semid4lyfe:

You're so full of $h!t. Go get a life and stop sucking on Mikel's d![kk

Pathetic Buffoon!

truth hurts
Re: Lukman Haruna Vs Mikel Obi, Who Is Better? by 12large: 9:00pm On Jun 10, 2010
chidicris mikel was not in that advert except you use 419 and add him to it
Re: Lukman Haruna Vs Mikel Obi, Who Is Better? by naso2(m): 9:03pm On Jun 10, 2010
ayo84:

lukman haruna should seize the opportunity of this world cup and shine oh.he has more potentials than mikel obi as of now,mikel was a good player,who was standing shoulder to shoulder with lionel messi,but has lost much of his shine

statements like this give me headache. This logic is simply wrong?

Do you know keita was the MVP of Nigeria 99 , where players like xavi and Ronaldinho were hardly mentioned? Can you compare them today? Does it mean keita lost focus?
Re: Lukman Haruna Vs Mikel Obi, Who Is Better? by WarfyBoy(m): 9:05pm On Jun 10, 2010
from Mikel vs Song

now its Mikel vs Haruna

the fite wey una cos for that thread una never settle am, una wan cos another one here, WETIN!

una wan set fire for Nairaland? what is it self, what? shoooooooooooooooooooooooo

abeg na God ehn, na im  i take beg una, make una leaeve Mikel alone, please leave him alone oooooo ah ah

if them give some pipo chance for this NL dem fit use close up do roll on
Re: Lukman Haruna Vs Mikel Obi, Who Is Better? by Kgdavid(m): 9:54pm On Jun 10, 2010
to me haruna is the new obodo, very similar playing style. i really miss Obodo's prescence in our team, i mean under Eguavon was the last time Nigeria had a reasonable midfield with Obodo, Oruma and Ayila. the current crop are not so bad anyway

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

8 Nigerian Athletes Fail Doping Test As They Tested Positive / ::Nigerian Players Abroad: Lets Discuss Their Affairs Here:: / 1xbet Blocked Me From Depositing Because Of My Winning Strategy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.