Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,817 members, 7,817,379 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:17 AM

Lukman Haruna Vs Mikel Obi, Who Is Better? - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Lukman Haruna Vs Mikel Obi, Who Is Better? (11104 Views)

Poll: Vote for the better footballer:

Lukman Haruna: 46% (68 votes)
Mikel Obi: 53% (79 votes)
This poll has ended

Abdul Haruna Slumps & Dies During Match / Paul Pogba Vs Mikel & Onazi / Haruna Lukman Deserves Eagles Call Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lukman Haruna Vs Mikel Obi, Who Is Better? by Nobody: 11:22pm On Jun 10, 2010
Congratulations to you all for dividing the Nigerian camp into the loyalists of Mikel and loyalists of Lukman.

Not exactly sure how any of this debate will help us win Argentina.

If Lukman can control the midfield like a Maestro (as Okocha or Zidane would do) and help Nigeria win the world cup, I have no doubt in my mind that Mikel will be the first to say on July 12 that Lukman is the best footballer in the country.

So folks this debate is of no use. Let us wish the team and Lukman a successful worldcup.
Re: Lukman Haruna Vs Mikel Obi, Who Is Better? by Kgdavid(m): 11:40pm On Jun 10, 2010
guy relax all this we are doing is for own entertainment and nothing more. the guys over in SA can never be affected by what we have to say
Re: Lukman Haruna Vs Mikel Obi, Who Is Better? by mamagee3(f): 1:07am On Jun 11, 2010
semid4lyfe:

You're so full of $h!t. Go get a life and stop sucking on Mikel's d![kk

Pathetic Buffoon!
Was the cursing necessary? undecided
Re: Lukman Haruna Vs Mikel Obi, Who Is Better? by dayokanu(m): 1:11am On Jun 11, 2010
I tire for am o
Re: Lukman Haruna Vs Mikel Obi, Who Is Better? by chidichris(m): 7:58am On Jun 11, 2010
chidicris mikel was not in that advert except you use 419 and add him to it

@12large,
believe me mikel is there just that those who no know him no go know. he is that big boy that ended up drinking the pepsi for which these other stars were struggling for.
anyways, it all depends on the kind of tv set u use.
some of us here argue wrongly because of what they get from the 14 inches black and white tv they use.
brother upgrade ur systems and u will begin to see what we see.
another news for u brother, mikel is thinking of contexting for the aso rock highest position come 2023 by then according to his financial mangers, he will be very rich that he can do anything with money. pls am only leaking a secret for u so don't tell anybody as this is between u and i.
the freshiest of all news is that mikel is planing to buy a local league club side here in nigeria. na waa, this boy dey power.
Re: Lukman Haruna Vs Mikel Obi, Who Is Better? by daniellle(f): 4:16pm On Jun 11, 2010
Re: Lukman Haruna Vs Mikel Obi, Who Is Better? by ariy(m): 4:22pm On Jun 11, 2010
lukeman seems to be more useful in national team than mikel
Re: Lukman Haruna Vs Mikel Obi, Who Is Better? by surugede(m): 4:31pm On Jun 11, 2010
when Mikel was Lukmon's age wink grin wink grin he was better than Lukmon now, defnitly when Lukmon will be as old as Mikel he might be able to play as well as Mikel
Re: Lukman Haruna Vs Mikel Obi, Who Is Better? by DaddyO(m): 4:53pm On Jun 11, 2010
i was just watching the pepsi advert in which mikel, lampard, drogba and theiry henry stared in.
na waa, this mikel don hammer oooooooooooooooo.
what surprised me in that advert was that mikel was even acting the bigger boy.
wow! the hand of God is upon that boy.
life is not by labour but by favour.
many of us here can pass the ball forward and score up to 10 goals in every match yet they are no where but God favours this one wey dey pass ball backward and sideways who has managed only two(2) goals in four seasons at chelsea.
from the way things are going, soon, we will be seeing obama and mikel go for dinner.
You're so full of $h!t. Go get a life and stop sucking on Mikel's d![kk

Pathetic Buffoon!

Absolutely no basis for this !!!
Re: Lukman Haruna Vs Mikel Obi, Who Is Better? by PurestBoy(m): 4:59pm On Jun 11, 2010
Isn't Mikel suppose to be better than Fabregas, Yaya Toure, Keita & Song had it been he had improved since 2005?

I've never heard any big club struggling to get him recently. 2 goals in 4 season and Vermalean that has no business going forward scored 7 goals in a season shocked

Gone were the days we used to think he is our new Okocha and I don't think he can make England 50-man squad if he's an English player,

He's the most unimproved player I've ever seen
Re: Lukman Haruna Vs Mikel Obi, Who Is Better? by babaowo: 5:05pm On Jun 11, 2010
both guy has one thing in common,they
both had retaliating spirit
Re: Lukman Haruna Vs Mikel Obi, Who Is Better? by martin1(m): 5:08pm On Jun 11, 2010
mikel is not special. .he's not a match winner.
Re: Lukman Haruna Vs Mikel Obi, Who Is Better? by misterh(m): 5:16pm On Jun 11, 2010
Let us wait for Haruna to play in the WC.
Re: Lukman Haruna Vs Mikel Obi, Who Is Better? by wazobiang: 5:27pm On Jun 11, 2010
what a wicked question. you waited now that mikel is not going to world cup to ask this question. stupid question. we are heartless in this country. the guy is not going to world cup is not enough for you, you want to compare him to another person already after all he has done for his country.

stupid
Re: Lukman Haruna Vs Mikel Obi, Who Is Better? by Kgdavid(m): 5:33pm On Jun 11, 2010
so were people being wicked in 2006 when okocha could not play the natons cup and they were comparing him and mikel? i dont know y we must come up with all sorts of baseless sentiments. does mikel being out of the world cup make a difference as to whether he is better than haruna?
Re: Lukman Haruna Vs Mikel Obi, Who Is Better? by 190: 5:36pm On Jun 11, 2010
PurestBoy:

Isn't Mikel suppose to be better than Fabregas, Yaya Toure, Keita & Song had it been he had improved since 2005?

I've never heard any big club struggling to get him recently. 2 goals in 4 season and Vermalean that has no business going forward scored 7 goals in a season shocked

Gone were the days we used to think he is our new Okocha and I don't think he can make England 50-man squad if he's an English player,

U have said it all~
There is nothing more 2 say
all what others are saying are ARRANT RUBBISH
~
Re: Lukman Haruna Vs Mikel Obi, Who Is Better? by BrOwnSuga3: 5:42pm On Jun 11, 2010
mama-gee:

Was the cursing necessary? undecided

I am suprised this is comin from you,
Re: Lukman Haruna Vs Mikel Obi, Who Is Better? by BrOwnSuga3: 5:43pm On Jun 11, 2010
@poster
emancipate yourself from mental slavery
Re: Lukman Haruna Vs Mikel Obi, Who Is Better? by kobikwelu(m): 6:12pm On Jun 11, 2010
such arguments are inevitable,
just like the cesc and xavi debate,

comparing both players,
mikel and haruna

ill say mikel has better pass accuracy and positioning in midfield, also better taclking accuracy,

haruna on the other hand is a box to box player, , rushes into tackles and such attitude cud cost us in games,

ill still prefer mikel and etuhu in midfield just cos of mikel's experience,

haruna is the future(if him age na true age)
Re: Lukman Haruna Vs Mikel Obi, Who Is Better? by candylips(m): 6:13pm On Jun 11, 2010
mikel is rubbish. i vote for lukman
Re: Lukman Haruna Vs Mikel Obi, Who Is Better? by Ojumiii(m): 6:25pm On Jun 11, 2010
They both play different style of football, so there both are unique in there different ways,
Re: Lukman Haruna Vs Mikel Obi, Who Is Better? by ekpezoo: 7:07pm On Jun 11, 2010
well, i think mikel is better than lukman on current form and experience.for those of you who feel that mikel is not good enough consider the fact that mikel has played for Chelsea for 4 yrs even when most nigerian felt that immediately he arrived at chelsea after signing his contract he would be packaged off and sent on loan but he has been playing for 4yrs now under different coaches.he his placed above ballack and belletti in the midfield perking order,he is trusted by all his team mates who are all world class players.i wonder how many of those criticizing mikel are coaches or football agents or how many of them can play in a team like chelsea and still make all this noise.lets see what lukman will offer in the WC. grin
Re: Lukman Haruna Vs Mikel Obi, Who Is Better? by dayokanu(m): 7:19pm On Jun 11, 2010
^^ Nope. Most Nigerian thought Mikel would be our next Zidane and at par with Messi and fabregas by now given his performance at Holland 2005
Re: Lukman Haruna Vs Mikel Obi, Who Is Better? by netbizzy(m): 7:28pm On Jun 11, 2010
I can't believe mikel can be compared to lukman, even lukman will be surprise because mikel is a superstar and very humble to be able to progress in club duties and even considered by largerbark as the best Nigerian player.

Mikel right now is the future plan of chelsea and if you don't know he has been consistent in club football at the highest english club currently 4 consecutive years. Four coaches have handle him and confessed he is a bundle of talent.

Even when mikel gives back passes as a defensive player, he also gives deadly passes that sometimes help his team mates score decisive.
I feel mikel should make Nigeria proud for playing at the best club of his time, tell me any Nigerian that played for Real Madrid, man u or baca when this club was at their peak. He may not play your way but he is very effective. I have been watching lukman, he is promising but I don't think any club can fight for his signature as they did for mikel

Watch out for 2010 season, and support your brothers no need for comparison. they can never be the same, lipsrsealed
Re: Lukman Haruna Vs Mikel Obi, Who Is Better? by dayokanu(m): 7:45pm On Jun 11, 2010
Mikel too has not played for any of this clubs Real man U and Barca.

BTW, Kanu and Finidi played for Ajax which was the best team in Europe then
Re: Lukman Haruna Vs Mikel Obi, Who Is Better? by kazman7(m): 8:10pm On Jun 11, 2010
mikel is defensive minded,he overshields the ball and slows the forward movement of the strikers with his style of backward/sideways passing,on the other hand,Haruna plays more like a schemer who dictate and direct the flow of play ( he doesnt play "no be me spoil am" like mikel) .my vote goes to harunaaaaaaaaaaaaa grin grin
Re: Lukman Haruna Vs Mikel Obi, Who Is Better? by BrOwnSuga3: 8:28pm On Jun 11, 2010
netbizzy:

I can't believe mikel can be compared to lukman, even lukman will be surprise because mikel is a superstar and very humble to be able to progress in club duties and even considered by largerbark as the best Nigerian player.

Mikel right now is the future plan of chelsea and if you don't know he has been consistent in club football at the highest english club currently 4 consecutive years. Four coaches have handle him and confessed he is a bundle of talent.

Even when mikel gives back passes as a defensive player, he also gives deadly passes that sometimes help his team mates score decisive.
I feel mikel should make Nigeria proud for playing at the best club of his time, tell me any Nigerian that played for Real Madrid, man u or baca when this club was at their peak. He may not play your way but he is very effective. I have been watching lukman, he is promising but I don't think any club can fight for his signature as they did for mikel

Watch out for 2010 season, and support your brothers no need for comparison. they can never be the same, lipsrsealed

they can NEVER understand what you are talking about. they are blinded by hatred and jealousy
Re: Lukman Haruna Vs Mikel Obi, Who Is Better? by sulad82i(m): 9:07pm On Jun 11, 2010
I cant come to a decision till I see more actions from Lukman
Re: Lukman Haruna Vs Mikel Obi, Who Is Better? by chelseabmw(m): 9:29pm On Jun 11, 2010
from what i have heard, i think lukman is more better
Re: Lukman Haruna Vs Mikel Obi, Who Is Better? by Iyineda(m): 9:31pm On Jun 11, 2010
chelseabmw:

more better

Please, do Nigeria a favour and correct that sentence.
Re: Lukman Haruna Vs Mikel Obi, Who Is Better? by chidichris(m): 9:57pm On Jun 11, 2010

I've never heard any big club struggling to get him recently. 2 goals in 4 season and Vermalean that has no business going forward scored 7 goals in a season Shocked

@purestboy,
after scoring 7 goals in a season, what did he win at the end of the day? is football all about the team or about the individual? chelsea is such a club that players are restricted to certain duties and if u are a soccer follower, u will know that chelsea break a lot of histories this just concluded season including highest goal scored in a season by a coach hence i tell u chelsea did not lack goal scorers.
how many strikers are in arsenal and how many goals did they score? the achievements of a defender is never determined by how many goals he scored rather how many that were scored against him and that is why your vermalean can never win best defender because his home is not protected while he goes for goals.
it is good that nigerians are not praising mikel because we are too slow in reasoning and very very retarded as a people to know the difference between good and bad. no wonder no nigerian is a coach and no nigerian is a referee. we lack good sense of judgement.
ask haruna tomorrow and he will tell u his dream is to be like mikel.
can haruna wear chelsea jersey talkless of benching ballack the german captain?
where can haruna play in english league.
haruna has 10 yrs of steady progress to get to where mikel is.
at the moment, only one nigerian player can play in chelsea and his name is mikel.
chelsea is a star studded player team hence playing in chelsea takes another dimension in ppl's soccer life.
with all haruna's goodness, how much is he earning at the end of the day? why is his face not being used in all big adverts concerning this world cup and other big boys adverts?
haruna is a good player but his main problem is that bhe forgets himself at the middle of the game. he tries to be over stylish that on two differnt occassion during the under 20 world cup, he lost the ball to our oponents and the end product was goals against nigeria.
how many clubs will u mention before u mention monaco in the european clubs and how many will u mention before u mention chelsea.
my prayer is that haruna grow up to be like mikel that plays in a big club and earn better money and at the end of it all win trophies.

finally, mikel is the most popular nigerian and haruna is not and u can check this up on this forum by the number of topics on mikel's name and that of haruna.
from the way things are going on with this mikel's comparisms, soon, we are going to compare mikel with tuface idibia or mikel with pete edochie.

anyways, that is always the case with a super star.
mikel don dey more popular than our president.
Re: Lukman Haruna Vs Mikel Obi, Who Is Better? by nelsonp1: 9:58pm On Jun 11, 2010
I have taken my time to review this question about lukman and Mikel,and absolutely,we Nigerians always have a knack of over hyping issue.

This question is just like asking ''Xavi and Iniesta who is the better player''.

Poster i think you should know that God have blessed every player with his own ability,while he has blessed Lukman with a certain level of attacking skills,He has also showered Mikel with defensive and also attacking powers.So please, next time,give us a better logic to think our brains out.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs Mexico: 2022 International Friendly Sat 28th May, time: Midnight / ::Nigerian Players Abroad: Lets Discuss Their Affairs Here:: / 8 Nigerian Athletes Fail Doping Test As They Tested Positive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.