Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,278 members, 7,815,469 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:51 PM

Oluyomi Olawore Speaks On Assault On Kunle Karimu - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Oluyomi Olawore Speaks On Assault On Kunle Karimu (14230 Views)

Female Soldier 'Who Is Too Pretty' For The Work She Does Speaks (Video) / NSCDC Queries Staff Over Assault Of Journalists At NIMC Office In Abuja / Lawyer Who Posed With Buhari's Daughter In Hijab During Bar Programe Speaks.PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oluyomi Olawore Speaks On Assault On Kunle Karimu by owo4mii(m): 8:01pm On Jul 06, 2018
Alleged Contracted Assault on Mr Kunle Karimu 
Preamble:
I read your statement and on the purposed issue and I quote you as been written down on here
What really happened between Oluyomi Olawore LLP & 
Kunle Karimu?
You accepted the fact that Mr. Kunle Karimu was employed in my law firm and assumed work on 3rd July, 2017 as a Junior Counsel.

In your view as his supervisor, his performance on the job was less than satisfactory but as a responsible employer and a much older lawyer,(Senior counsel) I was loathe to dismiss him as I did not want to have his record tainted with a dismissal and I felt that he could be encouraged to improve.
It was a welcoming decision and God fearing heart step taken by you.
Eventually, it became clear that he could no longer continue with us and rather than dismiss him,” he was advised at the end of May, 2018, to resign”. He sent in his letter of RESIGNATION in early June and it was accepted.
Please, help to go along with where I quoted him boldly and study his statement well on these before my submission on it.
“He was to work for the whole of June 2018 and receive his salary for June.” I felt that he could use the one month period to look for another job.
Where you are getting it wrong and contradicting yourself as a legal adviser, once you advice him to resign at the end of May 2018 (No specific date) that means it was almost “a week or two to May ending” when you advised him and he sent his “resignation letter earlier June” that means in the first week or middle of June, showing he has worked for some days in June (Based on assumption)

Upon acceptance of his resignation in early June 2018, I issued him a cheque post-dated to 29th June, 2018 for his total June salary (which he accepted) – so that at the end of the month there would be a clean break.
That means you are satisfied for his service rendered before issuing him a post dated cheque to 29th of June for his salary. “Now let me ask, if it was in their agreement that he will be quitting at the end of June and he has submitted his resignation letter earlier in June”? Why not quit his appointment, if you no longer need his service till get to the stage of been disruptive in the office?
According to Karimu and I quote “If you didn’t ask him to wait and put the new person through according to Karimu statement,he tendered his resignation letter to Olawore in May, 2018, after working there for almost a year, but he begged him to work till June, so as put the new lawyer who would take over from him, through. He obliged, but midway through June, Olawore allegedly told him to stop work, that his services were no longer needed. Karimu was said to have asked for his pay based on what he had done so far.

By our practice, salaries are paid either by cheque (which are pre-crossed from the bank) or bank transfer. Mr. Karimu did not complain about the cheque being crossed.

About a week into June, 2018, Mr. Karimu became very disruptive in the office and was distracting the other staff. He was told to stop work on Friday 8th June, 2018 but still keep the salary already tendered to him for the whole of June 2018.
Listen to Oluyomi Olawore LLP, that he submitted his resignation letter earlier june, 2018,“WHEN HE WAS ADVISED TO RESIGN AT THE END OF MAY 2018” So why is it a week into June, 2018 that he came been disruptive in the office and distracting other staffs, when he was to advised to quit at May ending 2018. LIES AND DECEIT is been recorded as a contrary to his statement

Surprisingly, on Monday 11th June, 2018, he came to the office. When I saw him I insisted that his employment had ceased and he should leave. He left the office.
Thanks for been sincere that he left as you informed him that his employment had been ceased.
On the 29th of June, 2018, Mr. Karimu sent the cheque back through my secretary, who had gone to the bank for some transactions – with a message that I should open the cheque. I replied that he should pay in the cheque as he could well do ordinarily.
Karimu statement as quoted “The boss gave him a post-dated cheque which would become payable at the end of June. On the due date, Karimu allegedly went to the bank but they refused to pay him because the cheque was not properly signed. .
He went back to Olawore but he refused to sign the cheque, claiming that he had no business with him anymore. Karimu insisted that the cheque was useless to him without the proper signature and refused to leave the office”.
He then barged into our office, came to my inner office and demanded forcefully that I open the cheque. He cut-off the CCTV monitor, locked the door to my inner office leaving me alone with him.

I was apprehensive of what he might do and given that it was a glass door, I called out to one of the lawyers to proceed to Lion Building Police Station for help – fearing a breach of the peace and likely assault on my person.

I did not call in thugs or engage in self-help. I believe that as a responsible citizen and officer of the law, I was entitled to call for the Police to arrest a worsening situation.

However, I had no interaction with the policemen before the incident or during the incident.

Whilst waiting for the Police to arrive, Mr. Karimu suddenly unlocked the door to my inner office and went out. I thought it was all over, not knowing until much later that he actually went to lock up the main door to the office. He returned to my inner office to lock me in with him again and became agitated and started making phone calls.

I heard him asking the person(s) on the other end of the phone whether they were set. He then called my secretary and told her to let my wife know what was happening to me.
This is a sign to show that he meant you no harm

Subsequently, he demanded that I make an immediate online transfer to him, which I refused to do (being apprehensive of the risk of logging into my online account under duress).

My other colleagues in the office were calling and at a point I answered the phone and put it on speaker for the people outside to speak to Mr. Karimu, but he refused to engage with them and they could not enter my office, hence I eventually succumbed to his harassment and aggression and opened the crossed cheque to enable him cash same over the counter.

This event transpired over a period of about 2 hours and my emotional state (being locked into my office and threatened by an aggressive and very hostile young man) could only be imagined.

"Still quoting Karimu “That his boss then asked some of his staff to go to Kam Salem Police Station at Obalende, to get police officers, on the ground that Karimu was holding him hostage in his office. The police officers came and the video was the resulting event”.

Mr. Karimu then unlocked the door and left my office whilst I was still petrified and quavering about the drama that had just unfolded. At that point, two of the lawyers came to my office to inform me that Policemen were slapping him, and I instructed them to immediately tell the Policemen that they should leave Mr. Karimu alone and I was in any event not pressing any charges.
Although you may be pressed as at the moment, but why can’t you get up and rescue the situation as a gallant legal counsel

Throughout the incident (from the time Mr. Karimu barged in and locked the door up to the time the Policemen came and left with him), I was in my inner office and did not know or see what had happened as he had earlier cut-off the CCTV monitor.

I state categorically that I did not order his beating as I had no right or power to and in any event that is not in my character. I am a firm believer in the rule of law and would not take any unlawful action against anybody (and especially not against a fellow colleague).

In this matter, I was a victim of the aggression and harassment of Mr. Kunle Karimu who had a valid cheque properly signed by me in his hand but insisted on holding me hostage and under subtle threat in my office until I opened the cheque for him to cash over the counter.
If you are not been of a negative thought or heart on paying him, you will have openly accepted the cheque and verify what is happening to it or make a transfer for his payment or Sent your Secretary that he sent the cheque through to you before coming down to take you on hostage to obliged to his request.

If I had been strangled or harmed in any other way by him, I guess the narration would be very different now.

Now, however, I have been vilified and called all manner of names by some colleagues and others who have not bothered to hear my own side of the story. Happily, there are witnesses who can testify as to what happened in my office that day.

I end by reiterating that the Policemen were invited to prevent a breakdown of law and order within the confines of the law.

Source - https://lailasnews.com/exclusive-oluyomi-olawore-llp-lawyer-behind-alleged-assault-on-kunle-karimu-finally-speaks/

Finally to your submission and response on the stated matter, I kindly advised you Sir to go through your statement once again and fished out your contrary statement and go back and openly apologies to the person in question.
There is always a conflict between Boss and his co-worker, but has ways and manner of addressing such to not felt on the bad side of the co-worker or denial to his human rights.
First of all, I am not a legal adviser, but a counselor and welfare officer to my best of knowledge, Karimu statement was short and narrative to the best of Human understanding and digestion…..
I will be shedding more lights on where I asked you to call him and apologies openly based on the video, his statement and your response to the matter.

As a Senior Legal Counsel that Karimu his working as a junior counsel, I knew you have no quarrel with him before the occurrence of this stated matter?

1. I will tell you that you have abused his right and gave him a public assault, to the extent of tarnishing his image on making such matter
go viral on the social media and the world at large.

2. Then on the issuance of crossed posted cheque? Just accept you are to be blamed on the ground that once you terminate his appointment
you will have asked him to go or pay him off immediately and not issued him a posted cheque that will not be accepted or returned by the
bank, when you know where you have a foul play on in your mind.

3. It was barbaric that you also make a false speech that he locked the inner door of your office leaving you and him alone and cut off the
CCTV camera (In which I can contest) while the door to your office his a glass door. “Is there no one in the office, while these dramas are
going on”? Then you are apprehensive of what he might do? Then he allowed you to come out of the inner office to reach out to a lawyer
to proceed to Lion Building for help and call on the police and he was still with you till their arrival and also you said he told the person
that he is reaching out to on phone if they were set and your secretary to inform your wife what is going on? Aba what is it that you are
fearing again on the peace and likely assault on your person, when he knew the consequences on the law on his attitude and ways? Biko
fear God and be submissive in all.

I wait more response from the readers, while I proceed on more later

1 Like

Re: Oluyomi Olawore Speaks On Assault On Kunle Karimu by greatbuc(m): 8:02pm On Jul 06, 2018
harmbhrosz:
which Stuppid wise one? You are speaking for yourself o
bro I directed my question to wise people you know?
Re: Oluyomi Olawore Speaks On Assault On Kunle Karimu by CioAngels(f): 9:21pm On Jul 06, 2018
The police ordinaryly would not have beaten the junior lawyer if the senior did not tell the police to deal with him. His lies did not go smoothly in his mouth even when written. For beating the young man, he should be dealt with so that will spend that money he thinks he has because he would not have called the police for free.
Re: Oluyomi Olawore Speaks On Assault On Kunle Karimu by Talkizcheap: 10:53pm On Jul 06, 2018
Lol, this is just a make up story not even coherent. But what I took out of this is that he DISTANT HIMSELF FROM THE POLICE.
Re: Oluyomi Olawore Speaks On Assault On Kunle Karimu by DSDLIVEREPORT: 4:19am On Jul 07, 2018
realborn:

Well written rebuttal.

Who do we believe?

I think Mr Olawore should have obliged Mr Karimu by opening the cheque at the outset. Being obdurate yielded negative outcomes for both parties.

Everyone now knows Mr Karimu may be incompetent and as alleged, may be damn very aggressive and dramatic.

For Mr Olawore, very bad publicity for his firm. A cross section of the public will maintain he treats his members of staff poorly!
U make sense bro. 2hrs to open cheque for a young man wey Don dey frustrated already and maybe dey fear say the man go stop d cheque in clearing sef. Or.maybe desperately need his cash.
The guys left as soon as you opened the cheque . All he was after was cash or open cheque. One na animal the other na senseless stubborn semi man. If that guy was armed and he wanted to hurt u . U are gone .thank God both of u dry alive. Drama would have been avoided anyway

1 Like

Re: Oluyomi Olawore Speaks On Assault On Kunle Karimu by themanderon: 2:23pm On Jul 07, 2018
Liar Liar Liar. Look at how he painted himself as an angel who could do no wrong. His type are the ones who feed on the misery of the downtrodden. Why not attend to his grievances instead of calling the police to harass him and then trying to claim ignorance of the harassment. Wicked people everywhere.
Re: Oluyomi Olawore Speaks On Assault On Kunle Karimu by imaeruaka: 1:28am On Jul 08, 2018
hmmmm

ENTREPRENEURSHIP
*You all will agree with me that for a business to experience success, yielding much more income that the marketing sector or unit of such business or company must be as rigid as ever. That is to say, if such unit functions properly, there’s a greater tendency of such a business to experience success, since marketing is the heart of all business.*
Read more>>> and share
https://www.millitime.com/a-working-marketing-strategy-for-businesses-multiplication/?wpam_id=7

Millitime
Your 247 Career Magazine

Re: Oluyomi Olawore Speaks On Assault On Kunle Karimu by Gentkode(m): 4:55pm On Jul 08, 2018
Despite your law degree, your lies are so easy to spot from a thousand miles. Not everyone is gullible, so please spare us the general public these lies. You claim to have been scared and under duress, yet it took you 2 long hours before you agreed to open the cheque. If you were really a hostage and under duress, and you didn't wanna do the online transfer for him, you would have atleast opened the cheque within the first 10mins he entered your office and demanded it of you. And if he didn't let you go after you opened the cheque, then it'd have been a totally different thing. But you didn't, and if this is the case, i believe he couldn't have cut-off your CCTV monitor, you did that yourself, deliberately tampering with evidence. From your story, one would think you're a saint, but your whole story is FALSE. You're a liar and a very bad man

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why You Should Take Industrial Training Serious / 6 Tips On How To Avoid Losing Your Temper At Work / What Can A Young Graduate Gainfully Engage In Apart From Tech?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.