Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,101 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:30 AM

Why I Lost My Job At An Airtel Shop Today - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Why I Lost My Job At An Airtel Shop Today (51715 Views)

What Investment Can I Start Up With 500k As I Just Lost My Job / How I Lost My Job Through Gambling & Becoming An Irresponsible Father / How I Nearly Lost My Job (A Lesson For Perverts) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Lost My Job At An Airtel Shop Today by emeijeh(m): 6:13pm On Jul 06, 2018
Re: Why I Lost My Job At An Airtel Shop Today by Greizman: 6:14pm On Jul 06, 2018
Useless network....
They will soon change their name to scamtel
Re: Why I Lost My Job At An Airtel Shop Today by Abbeyme: 6:15pm On Jul 06, 2018
Indians can never be trusted.

1 Like

Re: Why I Lost My Job At An Airtel Shop Today by Rollitout: 6:16pm On Jul 06, 2018

1 Like

Re: Why I Lost My Job At An Airtel Shop Today by SalamRushdie: 6:16pm On Jul 06, 2018
This is why I strive or avoid B2B these days in Nigeria
Re: Why I Lost My Job At An Airtel Shop Today by onward4life(m): 6:16pm On Jul 06, 2018
Indian

Hemp

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Lost My Job At An Airtel Shop Today by guywitzerogal(m): 6:18pm On Jul 06, 2018
Job loss in ds extra hard period.... O'GOD of Elijah intervene for us

2 Likes

Re: Why I Lost My Job At An Airtel Shop Today by ifymadu: 6:18pm On Jul 06, 2018
So sad man. Be strong, something is coming your way soon by His special grace. Better doors shall open up for you and others here who desire a breakthrough in their finances, relationships, and whatever the heart intentions are. One love
Re: Why I Lost My Job At An Airtel Shop Today by Stycon(m): 6:19pm On Jul 06, 2018
So sad and unfortunate. God that provided you this will surely provide another. Please don't keep waiting for them to resolve their palava o...scout for another job ASAP!

1 Like

Re: Why I Lost My Job At An Airtel Shop Today by Nobody: 6:21pm On Jul 06, 2018
Administration1:
In saner climes labour laws will just flatline the company

in saner climes foreign companies would not even dream of playing you foul. ordinary italian OVS that bought charles vogele was closed up in switzerland why? they did not pay their govt bills..

2 Likes

Re: Why I Lost My Job At An Airtel Shop Today by ifymadu: 6:22pm On Jul 06, 2018
Rollitout:
Bro the problem is not about an India company, it is about the government of the country they operate in. I work with an India owned company here in the US and I can tell you it’s first class. If there no laws to checkmate sharp practices, the labour force suffers while the authorities look the other way.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Lost My Job At An Airtel Shop Today by Icon79(m): 6:25pm On Jul 06, 2018
Keep your chin up, bro. It's well ... the Lord will provide a better job for you.
Every disappointment, they say, is a blessing.

O pari
Re: Why I Lost My Job At An Airtel Shop Today by Nobody: 6:28pm On Jul 06, 2018
Sorry OP.

May God use this post of yours to help you secure a new job.
Re: Why I Lost My Job At An Airtel Shop Today by LZAA: 6:29pm On Jul 06, 2018
Pentools:
Hmmmmm...it can never be over emphasized, the best feeling ever is self employment/entrepreneurship.
Imagine the mess of joblessness this one just go bungled into unprepared and unaware.

Oga OP be it glo,mtn or etisalat they are all the same, try get something doing on ur own to help ur people even if u must do paid job get another means of income.
Can everybody be a rapper or sportsman?
Top and smart countries open up industries and encourage arts and science to stem unemployment
Other place unemployed on welfare till they get jobs and in the case of those who arent able to get jobs continue with it
All these self employed or everybody na ceo can never work in a sane country never mind here where labour and govt laws are easily flouted
Encourage investment and watch unemployment disappear
Btw in the 70's to the mid 90's there were a lot of foreign music labels here which aided d production of good music here
Where are they now?
Ur guess is as good as mine

3 Likes

Re: Why I Lost My Job At An Airtel Shop Today by Nobody: 6:29pm On Jul 06, 2018
Any African economy that allows free rein to Asian businessmen (Indians, Chinese, Lebanese etc) is definitely heading for disaster!
Re: Why I Lost My Job At An Airtel Shop Today by Nobody: 6:30pm On Jul 06, 2018
SalamRushdie:
This is why I strive or avoid B2B these days in Nigeria

Interestingly, B2B is more reliable than B2C. undecided
Re: Why I Lost My Job At An Airtel Shop Today by bamac(m): 6:35pm On Jul 06, 2018
angelbulksms:

Interestingly, B2B is more reliably than B2C. undecided
Thank you.
Re: Why I Lost My Job At An Airtel Shop Today by HomeOfMe(f): 6:36pm On Jul 06, 2018
Egobetafor9ja:
Dear Nairalanders today was a sad day a very sad day for me and my family ,Airtel Sim registration partners went on a sacking spree in Lagos an most part of Nigeria following the decision of the telecom operator to change the rules of the game midway with their partners. In a bid to expand the network , the Indian owned firm lured unsuspecting Nigerian business men and women in Lagos and other parts of the country with a profit story which they never intended to keep. The partners were mandated to open 5-10 Airtel express shops in Key locations for sim registration and to promote the brand in addition to 20- 30 mini shops, employing hundreds of people in the process, most of the parners invested more than 20 million in the process.

After withholding commission payout to our employers for almost 4 months which affected some of the welfare packages earlier promised. the telecoms firm wrote our employers a letter in the middle of June and backdated implementation to march informing the partners of a shift in goal post midway into the partnership.

Some of the partners who were expecting a pay out of between 5-7 million payment in commission for the period suddenly got 4000 to 250,00 commission pay out and cried foul play . On Monday partners in Lagos began a massive sack of employees in the Airtel shops, while others are preparing to take legal actions, some are already in talks with Globacom and MTN for partnership re-branding of their assets some of which are in located in key locations.

I was employed in February this year and received my sack letter today. I could not blame my Madam, she has been good to us and we saw how she has been labouring to pay us our salaries while waiting for Airtel . She showed us all the documents and how Airtel tricked her and her husband into making huge investments only to renege midway.

As we go home without work we pray that Airtel and their partners will resolve thier differences so that we can return to work and support our families ,but if them no wan settle Abeg Glo and Mtn I dey here o

God Bless my hussle
Sorry about that. "This is Nigeria" where there's no job security.

1 Like

Re: Why I Lost My Job At An Airtel Shop Today by yoged(m): 6:39pm On Jul 06, 2018
Egobetafor9ja:
Dear Nairalanders today was a sad day a very sad day for me and my family ,Airtel Sim registration partners went on a sacking spree in Lagos an most part of Nigeria following the decision of the telecom operator to change the rules of the game midway with their partners. In a bid to expand the network , the Indian owned firm lured unsuspecting Nigerian business men and women in Lagos and other parts of the country with a profit story which they never intended to keep. The partners were mandated to open 5-10 Airtel express shops in Key locations for sim registration and to promote the brand in addition to 20- 30 mini shops, employing hundreds of people in the process, most of the parners invested more than 20 million in the process.

After withholding commission payout to our employers for almost 4 months which affected some of the welfare packages earlier promised. the telecoms firm wrote our employers a letter in the middle of June and backdated implementation to march informing the partners of a shift in goal post midway into the partnership.

Some of the partners who were expecting a pay out of between 5-7 million payment in commission for the period suddenly got 4000 to 250,00 commission pay out and cried foul play . On Monday partners in Lagos began a massive sack of employees in the Airtel shops, while others are preparing to take legal actions, some are already in talks with Globacom and MTN for partnership re-branding of their assets some of which are in located in key locations.

I was employed in February this year and received my sack letter today. I could not blame my Madam, she has been good to us and we saw how she has been labouring to pay us our salaries while waiting for Airtel . She showed us all the documents and how Airtel tricked her and her husband into making huge investments only to renege midway.

As we go home without work we pray that Airtel and their partners will resolve thier differences so that we can return to work and support our families ,but if them no wan settle Abeg Glo and Mtn I dey here o

God Bless my hussle
Really sorry about that, what's your own partnership. Was it an AES, MF, or SMF shop?
Re: Why I Lost My Job At An Airtel Shop Today by lanskyjojo: 6:40pm On Jul 06, 2018
kindly mail me back with this line as i get work for you at home and you will never regret you did,

adeyemilanre.lanre4@gmail.com

am in ghana but never mind its online job

+233543739081
Re: Why I Lost My Job At An Airtel Shop Today by fakati(m): 6:42pm On Jul 06, 2018
It was your day of blessing in disguise never a sad day at all you need to restragise
Re: Why I Lost My Job At An Airtel Shop Today by correctguy101(m): 6:44pm On Jul 06, 2018
Administration1:

We have labour laws here too but I tell you this, very few people know about them(myself included) and some who knows about them feels they'll never win in court(don't know why) or they just say the normal excuse of- its the Nigerian factor.... $mh

If na me, I'll go find out the laws that protect me before putting my money in any investment with these leviathan companies to avoid being crushed and treated like poo.
Dem go mess for your face ànd still slap you join.

Nuf said abeg, to type dey weak me these days.

1 Like

Re: Why I Lost My Job At An Airtel Shop Today by Neoteny(m): 6:46pm On Jul 06, 2018
Administration1:

In saner climes, employers have the right to downsize
Re: Why I Lost My Job At An Airtel Shop Today by emelda86(f): 6:46pm On Jul 06, 2018
Go learn hand work stop waiting for airtel...

1 Like

Re: Why I Lost My Job At An Airtel Shop Today by AprokoGirl: 6:49pm On Jul 06, 2018
Sorry Ok

Re: Why I Lost My Job At An Airtel Shop Today by Neoteny(m): 6:49pm On Jul 06, 2018
peterkelechi30:
Too bad. government should do something. how can you wake up and sack people anyhow

If you can wake up and employ people anyhow you can equally wake up and sack people anyhow.

It's only in naija that people pretend a company doesn't have the right to scale its workforce.

Private businesses are not charity organizations. When they run into financial troubles, would the labor unions or ministry of labor bail them out?

Don't you have the right to sack your housemaid any damn time you please?

3 Likes

Re: Why I Lost My Job At An Airtel Shop Today by samuelson06(m): 6:50pm On Jul 06, 2018
Egobetafor9ja:

God Bless my hussle

You write well. That means you can do book publishing. If interested, please get in touch. That's what I do for a living. You can do same. All things work out together for good.
Re: Why I Lost My Job At An Airtel Shop Today by Pentools(m): 6:50pm On Jul 06, 2018
LZAA:

Can everybody be a rapper or sportsman?
Top and smart countries open up industries and encourage arts and science to stem unemployment
Other place unemployed on welfare till they get jobs and in the case of those who arent able to get jobs continue with it
All these self employed or everybody na ceo can never work in a sane country never mind here where labour and govt laws are easily flouted
Encourage investment and watch unemployment disappear
Btw in the 70's to the mid 90's there were a lot of foreign music labels here which aided d production of good music here
Where are they now?
Ur guess is as good as mine

Valid points. But hence the government gives less of a dime about the governed, what do u suggest we do, fold out hands and wait for them or keep drumming the complain drum

It's better we help ourselves and care for ourselves since no one cares, evenso, no one can care for u more than you and the way out is getting something rolling all by you even if you are bent on waiting for paid jobs.

Abi na to keep wishing while complain

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Lost My Job At An Airtel Shop Today by Nobody: 6:57pm On Jul 06, 2018
That is how Setbiz Datalinks Concept (a partner of MTN) in Abuja owe my former neighbor over 400,000 (salary of 2.5months) since July 2017 till date. He said a Recruiting firm in Garki Area 11. hired them on behalf of the said company.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Lost My Job At An Airtel Shop Today by tolajay: 6:59pm On Jul 06, 2018
The Ministry of Labour is in the Labour Room, belabouring the masses.

I guess your intent of this question is sarcastic.

How could a government that hasn’t been able to tackle excessive killings get interested in addressing Labour market injustice?

Nigeria never start its journey to nationhood.

hakeem4:
Sorry bro. This is really a bad experience, I hope
You get a better job.

But what is the ministry of labour doing ?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Lost My Job At An Airtel Shop Today by Sagay212: 7:24pm On Jul 06, 2018
That's what you get when you do business with wretched low live, opportunist, stinking indians. They are always looking out to cheat, cheat and cheat. The idio.ts will never pay tax and in most cases will underpay their workers

1 Like

Re: Why I Lost My Job At An Airtel Shop Today by LZAA: 7:25pm On Jul 06, 2018
Pentools:

Valid points. But hence the government gives less of a dime about the governed, what do u suggest we do, fold out hands and wait for them or keep drumming the complain drum

It's better we help ourselves and care for ourselves since no one cares, evenso, no one can care for u more than you and the way out is getting something rolling all by you even if you are bent on waiting for paid jobs.

Abi na to keep wishing while complain
At all bro evry1 has to survive

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Lucrative Is Pharmacy As A Career? / Slay Queen Called To Bar Shares Her Experience At Nigerian Law School. Photos / My Boss Dropped An Internship Applicant Because Of This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.