Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,117 members, 7,818,330 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:50 PM

The Bastardization Of Igbo Language Must Stop - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Bastardization Of Igbo Language Must Stop (724 Views)

Part Of Igbo Land Where You Mustn’t Kill A Python / Americans/Canadians Of Igbo Ancestry Storm Anambra, Get Igbo Names, Land / The Bastardization Of Igbo Language Must Stop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Bastardization Of Igbo Language Must Stop by Nobody: 10:29am On Jul 07, 2018
The issue of bastardization of igbo langauge must stop. The langauge should be given the pride of its place and we must speak it as it follows in accordance with igbo ethics.
Take a look at a yoruba man whenever he wants to communicate, he does that in yoruba fluently without mistake or mincing of words. The yorubaman does not add or remove when communicating in his langauge.
The same trend is applicable to an hausa man...he communicates and shares his view and everything in hausa langauge with his brothers.
But to the igbo man....is a lie...is either h add one English or one stupid language u won't know how and when it was invented.
For instance look at this conversation...
.....Igboman 1 - Nwanne Olee way gi?
.....Igboman 2 - Nwanne anyi passa here, kee ife me last..
Look at anoda...
First - kee ka your system di?
Second- adim alright my dear..
Anoda....
First- nwanne kedu ebe ina akponye
Second- Odirokwa far like that....but anam aritonu very soon...
Anoda
First- nwanne udo adikwa nke a ur face di this way
Second- my brother obodo adiro level...everything dizi on the high side...
We have bastardize and bulkanized the language that sometimes you find it hard communicating and sometimes is even hard for external to understand what they are trying to say...
Pls let's make the language what it is so that it can flow the way it used to be...
My humble appeal.
Re: The Bastardization Of Igbo Language Must Stop by HallaDaTruth: 10:38am On Jul 07, 2018
True
Re: The Bastardization Of Igbo Language Must Stop by Rosebloom: 12:15am On Jul 09, 2018
The poster above me sha

We are gon have to start by telling them kids they are Igbos not ibos

(1) (Reply)

Igbo Amaka (instagram Page) / You Must Cut Off Your Finger Before You Marry Us / The Community Around Me Want Me To Start Having Sex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.