Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,935 members, 7,835,115 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:54 AM

Hausa, Fulani Flee Attacks From Taraba Militia - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hausa, Fulani Flee Attacks From Taraba Militia (38607 Views)

No Regret Supporting Tinubu: Amb. Wahala After Receiving Attacks From Listeners / Buhari Nominates Muazu Jaji Sambo As Minister From Taraba State / Governor Ishaku: Domestic Accident Keeping Me Away From Taraba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hausa, Fulani Flee Attacks From Taraba Militia by LazyNairalander(m): 9:31am On Jul 08, 2018
No more good news in this country.

check my SIGNATURE
Re: Hausa, Fulani Flee Attacks From Taraba Militia by abdulaliyu25(m): 9:34am On Jul 08, 2018
if they attack and kill u will be shouting up and down alright i pray they attack too let’s see who will talk north belong to the fulanis
Re: Hausa, Fulani Flee Attacks From Taraba Militia by Nobody: 9:34am On Jul 08, 2018
Some naija Christians are hypocrites of the highest order, most especially those on nairaland grin

R.I.P to the dead

2 Likes

Re: Hausa, Fulani Flee Attacks From Taraba Militia by Dami12345: 9:35am On Jul 08, 2018
adadike:
I think my new name should b prophetess Kanuna coz i have always warned that this table Fulani people are shaking, their extinction is sitting comfortably on top. This is no longer 1700 when they can comfortable do what they want without much interference. Even in those days, ordinary Yoruba soldiers and Benue soldiers were able to send them back to Futa jalon.

When stupid people talk I allow myself to be amused.

You fools think the Fulanis don't know you will attack back, THEY HAVE BEEN PLANNING THIS FOR 200YEARS, they have the wealth of Nigeria, the have the army and weapons, they have the government and the capital, they have their people in all the right places, go to police stations in Lagos and see Hausa/ Fulani officers, go to residential areas and see them as gate men and errand boys, see aboki going everywhere on bikes,

In every war there are casualties, we can't win, we don't have the numbers, we are not united, and worse, we don't even know we are at war, who will lead us, is it oyedepo? Adeboye? Daddy freeze? Tinubu?

The only thing they will tell us to do is to pray, even while our brothers and cousins are been butched.
Re: Hausa, Fulani Flee Attacks From Taraba Militia by Dami12345: 9:39am On Jul 08, 2018
ReformedAPC:

Fulani is going into extinction

Stop thinking with your feet, we are all on the same side here, the truth is we are on the endangered specie menu.
Re: Hausa, Fulani Flee Attacks From Taraba Militia by NaijaFutbol: 9:40am On Jul 08, 2018
yashedabai:
Hundreds of residents of Hausa and Fulani extraction were yesterday reported to have fled their villages which came under attack from militia men in Lau LGA of Taraba State.

Our correspondent reports that this came after the militia suspected to be Bachama and Nyandan launched attacks on Fulani villages. Towns and villages attacked by the militia men include Abbare Santuraki, Mayolope and Nnege as well as other Fulani settlements in neighbouring Adamawa State.

Daily Trust gathered that the attackers killed about 20. A victim, Malam Yakubu Dani, said the militia men killed four persons in his village, Santuraki, and set homes on fire.

At Mayolope, another victim, Alhaji Abdulmumuni, told Daily Trust that the militia killed four persons and burned several houses. He said residents were forced to flee the area. The attack in Lau came one month after nine Fulani people were killed by suspected Mumuye tribesmen in Yorro LGA of the state.

A spokesman of the Hausa community, Alhaji Jibo, said the killings were unprovoked, despite the deployment of security agents to the area. He said no arrest was made at the time of gathering the report, even as the attackers moved freely.

Police spokesman, ASP David Misel, said more policemen had been drafted to the area to restore normalcy, adding that he could not immediately give a casualty figure.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/amplite/hausa-fulani-flee-attacks-from-militia-259782.html

No date. No day of the week. No cordination in the story. At the time of filing report of what happened yesterday, no arrests?

2 Likes

Re: Hausa, Fulani Flee Attacks From Taraba Militia by Nobody: 9:40am On Jul 08, 2018
FriendNG:
[s][/s]

I don't have time for your hypocrisy. If you like suggest the Bachama militia are not the people of Bachama but Boko Haram from borno. Next please am done with you.
Re: Hausa, Fulani Flee Attacks From Taraba Militia by 3Ceagle(m): 9:44am On Jul 08, 2018
Deep animosity will continue to pervade in areas where tribes feel that land and right to existence has been taken away. What we have done of the years is treatment of symptoms and allow politics to mix up with the whole issue especially with this government.
Re: Hausa, Fulani Flee Attacks From Taraba Militia by Nobody: 9:44am On Jul 08, 2018
This information is not sufficient enough, if the attack was the other way round, there would have been pictures of dead people. To me, this is counter publication.

1 Like

Re: Hausa, Fulani Flee Attacks From Taraba Militia by galaxy2020(m): 9:45am On Jul 08, 2018
The people of Taraba are being proactive, they can't just watch their people die like chicken, and the FG does nothing about it. Let Benue and Plateau continue to cry like babies. By the time they have no more land of their own, the will understand that it was never and will never be one north.

3 Likes

Re: Hausa, Fulani Flee Attacks From Taraba Militia by Nobody: 9:48am On Jul 08, 2018
The next civil war has started already. But our politicians are ignoring the signs because they are blinded by the monies they've stolen and the assets they've accumulated. An ethno-religious war is brewing in the country. Yet, the President is giving excuses by explaining that stolen cows are the cause, instead of condemning the killings and doing everything humanly possible to stop the killings.

If these mass killings are not stopped, very soon your 10 or 20 houses in abuja and lekki beach will mean nothing, because you won't be alive to enjoy it after the war. Tik tok tik tok the time to end another war in Nigeria is now. The nation's leaders must not allow cows, just cows, to cause another war in Nigeria.

Here's what should happen going forward:
It is clear by now that no one wants fulanis in their local communities, ofcourse because of their murderous ways. Consequently, the federal government should settle the herdsmen with ranches in the northern states that want the fulanis and can co-exist peacefully with them.

Trying to force fulanis down the throat of communities that don't want them, by insisting that every community in the country must give them land for cattle ranches, will lead to war. And it is the beginning of that war that we are all witnessing now.

Buhari, and indeed, the nation's leaders who mean well for the country must act now and do so fast.

6 Likes

Re: Hausa, Fulani Flee Attacks From Taraba Militia by emmanuelex1(m): 9:48am On Jul 08, 2018
Yet southwest is still yet to understand this history
Mbeki:

HOW YOURBA SACKED FULANIS IN OSHOGBO WAR

After the Fulanis systematically captured and made Ilorin their territory, they sacked the old Oyo Empire in 1835/1636. They were still not satisfied with their victory; they wished to extend their rule deep into the heart of Yoruba land. Thus in 1840, they set to capture Osogbo, a Yoruba town. The Fulanis, under the command of Ali, the Hausa balogun of Ilorin, laid siege on Osogbo. When the king of Osogbo realized that the Ilorins were too strong for the Osogbo army, he summoned the Ibadans for help. Ibadan immediately sent some auxiliaries to Osogbo under the command of Obele alias Mobitan, and Alade Abimpagun. As this force could not stop the Ilorins, another contingent was sent to Osogbo under a more experienced leader. But still the Ilorins won every battle and gained more ground.
When Ibadan realized that the Ilorins were becoming more threatening to Yoruba land, they sent a large and stronger force under Balogun Oderinlo to crush the intruding forces and Jammas of Ilorin. When Oderinlo and his men arrived at the battlefield, they realized that things had gone worse than they thought. They could not show their faces in the open field for the fear of the Ilorin horses, and for about 20 days after their arrival at Osogbo, they could not fight outside the town thickets. Oderinlo suggested that Elepo, a brave Ibadan warrior was badly needed at the war-front. Elepo had been rejected by the war-chiefs of Ibadan for his actions at the late Agbamaja expedition. As soon as the message from Oderinlo reached Ibadan, the Bashorun wished he could send Elepo to Osogbo but could not go against the wish of other war-chiefs. The Bashorun gave Elepo a cow to worship his god, Ori, and pray for the victory of Ibadan at the war-front.
At the war-front, the Ibadan could not attack the Ilorins during the day because Osogbo was practically in a plain and the Ilorin horses might have advantage of them with disastrous results. They decided to attack at dusk when the Ilorins would no longer be able to use their horses. About 2:pm, the well prepared Ibadan army left the gate of Osogbo for the battlefield. They were to keep a strict watch and arrest anyone suspected to be a spy. About a mile from the Ilorin camp, they halted and arranged the order of the attack. The Osogbo army and the earlier auxiliaries were to handle the center of the battlefield, chiefs Abitiko and Labuju were to command the right wing, Balogun Oderinlo with the rest of the Ibadan war-chiefs were to form the left wing of the army. The Ilorin camp was then attacked at midnight. The watchword was “Elo ni owo odo?” (How much is the ferry fare?). The reason this watchword was chosen was because the river Osun had to be crossed in entering Osogbo from the south, and anyone who could not tell this was likely to be an enemy.
Stampede engulfed the Ilorin camp as the Ibadan army set it on fire. The Ilorins could not offer the slightest resistance; they were smoked with the gunpowder of the Ibadan guns. This attack was a success for the Ibadan. Some Ilorin war-chiefs were captured in the attack. Prominent ones were:

Jimba the head slave of the Emir;
One of the sons of Ali the commander in chief;
Chief Lateju;
Ajikobo the Yoruba Balogun of Ilorin.
Re: Hausa, Fulani Flee Attacks From Taraba Militia by BestDude: 9:48am On Jul 08, 2018
FriendNG:

Look at this fool. If any tribe are going extinct it will be the Igbos and not the people that are allowed to marry 4 wives.
you are funny. You think your people can not be poisoned without guns and bombs so they die by their thousands? That one doesnt even need much work sef. Look at this Malu.

The world is changing. It is only a matter of time!
Re: Hausa, Fulani Flee Attacks From Taraba Militia by Michael004: 9:51am On Jul 08, 2018
meccuno:
[s][/s]
Flat head

Re: Hausa, Fulani Flee Attacks From Taraba Militia by Wiseandtrue(f): 9:51am On Jul 08, 2018
Pictures or I don't believe! This government is full of propaganda!

3 Likes

Re: Hausa, Fulani Flee Attacks From Taraba Militia by phase1: 9:52am On Jul 08, 2018
They shouldn't stop running till they get to futa djallon their ancestral home.

Ndi Ara.
Re: Hausa, Fulani Flee Attacks From Taraba Militia by shakmati(m): 9:56am On Jul 08, 2018
Dami12345:

What is wrong with you people, are you all MAD..
How does PVC help, are you insane? The north will vote for buhari, and that decides the president of Nigeria, the igbos and Yoruba will never agree to unify and vote the same person,

Even the bulk of the 180+ million is in the north. And they have always been united. Couple this with the fact that even 7 year olds are voting there they have the numbers to vote him in again,

Let's not forget that he sits on the throne right now.

What's the guarantee that this government won't rig again?.

Think people stop saying PVC and think, what happens now, what happens when your daughters are raped in front of you, you sons killed in front of you and the enemy laughing in your face, what happens when SARS drags your loved ones and calls them criminals?.

We all have the right to life, no one should lose his with out a chance to be hear.. Arm yourselfs and demand that your voice be heared, then the government will take your serious.

You sound like you are high on some banned substance. Many times the east and west have united to vote since 1999. The North is presently seriously fractured by these killings. APC had better look for some magic potion to win back the hearts of Nigerians or else I see a massive loss coming their way come 2019!

2 Likes

Re: Hausa, Fulani Flee Attacks From Taraba Militia by philGeo(m): 10:00am On Jul 08, 2018
FriendNG:

Bachama militia except you're one of the hypocrite if you Stylish ignore where it's written.

And I expect you when the news title says "herdsmen attacks". You should suggest it to be armed robbers.
i am Bachama by tribe, Fulani's start everything that is happening to them, but is unfortunate that we have Government who are backing them.

4 Likes

Re: Hausa, Fulani Flee Attacks From Taraba Militia by sexyanyabubakar(f): 10:01am On Jul 08, 2018
FriendNG:

Look at this fool. If any tribe are going extinct it will be the Igbos and not the people that are allowed to marry 4 wives.

Re: Hausa, Fulani Flee Attacks From Taraba Militia by MIKOLOWISKA: 10:06am On Jul 08, 2018
ReformedAPC:

Maybe youths in your household have a low IQ. .but never in your life project that to hard-working long-suffering repressed and oppressed Nigerian youths..
so suffering is equal to high IQ now?
Re: Hausa, Fulani Flee Attacks From Taraba Militia by Michael004: 10:06am On Jul 08, 2018
KitchenGadgets:

LIES
Lies according to ipob story about Yoruba, cos they do not have their own history

2 Likes

Re: Hausa, Fulani Flee Attacks From Taraba Militia by Dami12345: 10:07am On Jul 08, 2018
shakmati:

You sound like you are high on some banned substance. Many times the east and west have united to vote since 1999. The North is presently seriously fractured by these killings. APC had better look for some magic potion to win back the hearts of Nigerians or else I see a massive loss coming their way come 2019!

Let's bet.
I need a mod to hold this money for us.
I bet 2.5 million naira that bihari wins.

Match my bet, i'm willing to pit my money where my mouth is, can you.

1 Like

Re: Hausa, Fulani Flee Attacks From Taraba Militia by lastempero: 10:07am On Jul 08, 2018
FriendNG:

When repraisal happen I expect same statement from you otherwise you're part of the hypocrite I stated earlier.

Which statement are u expecting,when the Fulani's value their cow more than human beings.

1 Like

Re: Hausa, Fulani Flee Attacks From Taraba Militia by Ihateyoumod: 10:07am On Jul 08, 2018
ALLNIGERIANSMAD:
see dem, you can't fight a war without suffering heavy casualties on your own side too, when it start, remember their will be no government to support you anymore, the battle ground will become hot LZ for your Fulani brothers , this time, you are not taking the battle to only Biafrans, it was middle belt and yoruba who fought civil war you are claiming glory for. This time, if middle beltans, South West, SS, SE, Niger Deltans, join forces against your Fulani brothers, you will run cross over Libya border before you understand what hit you is more than hell. Nonsense

Who is talking about war here, it is clear tht that's ur aim, devil has occupied ur heart, c d evil u r thinking bout, there will be no war in Nigeria. I'm not Fulani, I'm from d south south, Edo precisely, uromi man. I stand for the truth.

If Fulani pple kill they should be condemned, if non Fulani kill they should be condemned as well....evil is evil, political and religious colouration doesn't make evil appear right.

1 Like

Re: Hausa, Fulani Flee Attacks From Taraba Militia by Jimmy231: 10:08am On Jul 08, 2018
FriendNG:
May all the hypocrite in this thread died in the same way.

Empiree come and see the hypocrisy am talking about.

1. This news is from recognize newspaper.

2. It was published 16 hours ago by Dailytrust and reposted about 8 hours ago on Nairaland yet it's not on front page.

3. The bachama militia are Christians yet the silent from Nairaland hypocrite Christians. Yet when reprisal occur you will seen them with their pig mouths.

4. The thread is still at 1 page.
Na Ogun go kill you. Na small small una go die finish. Una never see anything you this useless people

2 Likes

Re: Hausa, Fulani Flee Attacks From Taraba Militia by KitchenGadgets: 10:09am On Jul 08, 2018
Michael004:
my useless dad is a chronic liar

Eyaaa, kpele omo mi

3 Likes

Re: Hausa, Fulani Flee Attacks From Taraba Militia by Fsekillmonger: 10:11am On Jul 08, 2018
FriendNG:

Why should I comment when you guys have infiltrate the thread insulting a tribe or religion instead of condemning criminals as they are. Have you condemned the actions of your terrorist Brothers here.

If this is your rebuttal to that allegation then keep quiet cos your the chief hypocrite here, if you could produce one thread you criticised the f ulanis then you av a right to be one a time keeper of threads but if not, maintain the silence you kept when your beloved was slaughtering others.

2 Likes

Re: Hausa, Fulani Flee Attacks From Taraba Militia by stevedre: 10:12am On Jul 08, 2018
FriendNG:
May all the hypocrite in this thread died in the same way.

Empiree come and see the hypocrisy am talking about.

1. This news is from recognize newspaper.

2. It was published 16 hours ago by Dailytrust and reposted about 8 hours ago on Nairaland yet it's not on front page.

3. The bachama militia are Christians yet the silent from Nairaland hypocrite Christians. Yet when reprisal occur you will seen them with their pig mouths.

4. The thread is still at 1 page.

What's up with this Bachama militia ? Some people never heard of them so do you mind doing a little explanation.
Killing innocent people to me is unacceptable no matter who or what is involved. Fulani, Boko or this so called Bachama should all be stopped.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hausa, Fulani Flee Attacks From Taraba Militia by LZAA: 10:12am On Jul 08, 2018
meccuno:
[s][/s]
grin grin grin
Re: Hausa, Fulani Flee Attacks From Taraba Militia by MIKOLOWISKA: 10:14am On Jul 08, 2018
Dami12345:

When stupid people talk I allow myself to be amused.

You fools think the Fulanis don't know you will attack back, THEY HAVE BEEN PLANNING THIS FOR 200YEARS, they have the wealth of Nigeria, the have the army and weapons, they have the government and the capital, they have their people in all the right places, go to police stations in Lagos and see Hausa/ Fulani officers, go to residential areas and see them as gate men and errand boys, see aboki going everywhere on bikes,

In every war there are casualties, we can't win, we don't have the numbers, we are not united, and worse, we don't even know we are at war, who will lead us, is it oyedepo? Adeboye? Daddy freeze? Tinubu?

The only thing they will tell us to do is to pray, even while our brothers and cousins are been butched.
all the aboki soldiers and police are unintelligent cowards. they can only show power over women children and cowardly men. once real men start to respond you will see how even the northern land and govt advantages will be taken from them. Shebi e de sweet dem as den take yanga go disturb trouble wen de sleep jejely

4 Likes

Re: Hausa, Fulani Flee Attacks From Taraba Militia by LZAA: 10:14am On Jul 08, 2018
Michael004:
Les according to ipob story about Yoruba, cos they do not have their own history

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Fact-Check: FG Did Not Declare Three-Day Holiday For Eid-Ul-Adha / Biafran Leader Nnamdi Kanu: The Man Behind Nigeria's Separatists - BBC / Pictures Of Flooded Streets Of Port Harcourt After Yesterday’s Rain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.