Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,699 members, 7,809,645 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:28 PM

NYSC: Kemi Adeosun Not Legally Required To Participate - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NYSC: Kemi Adeosun Not Legally Required To Participate (61238 Views)

NYSC: Kemi Adeosun Reacts To High Court Judgement / Why Was Adeosun Not Placed On Watchlist? Fayose Asks / Kemi Adeosun Wearing NYSC Uniform - By Joe Igbokwe (Real Or Photoshopped?) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NYSC: Kemi Adeosun Not Legally Required To Participate by AreaFada2: 6:20pm On Jul 07, 2018
TRUTHTOPOWER:

What you think is irrelevant in legal proceedings. An offence has been alleged. The standard of proof is beyond reasonable doubt. Her defence is simply her legal Exemption. The issue of forging your own right is legally ridiculous. At any rate, she is not the issuer of the so called forged Exemption. She has no legal need to get by backdoor what is hers by legal right.

Look, in law intention or intent matters. If out of ignorance she thought she needed to show a discharge or exemption certificate and went ahead to present one (if fake as alleged) , it's irrelevant to her innocence or guilt where she got it from (unless the police want to stop the forging outlet, which is another matter entirely). Important to her case is whether she intended to dupe the system to her own benefit against public interest. Remember that another highly qualified citizen was denied the chance to be a commissioner. She then used that CV to secure a plum ministerial job and denied yet another highly qualified citizen (possibly Wale Edun) a ministerial post.

I also wonder if a graduate who could not ascertain whether or not she needed a certificate is fit to be a commissioner as she was in Ogun State. Let alone a federal minister.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: NYSC: Kemi Adeosun Not Legally Required To Participate by aribisala0(m): 6:21pm On Jul 07, 2018
gaby:

Hmmm...and my submission was enough to resort to the above....It's a pity.

You have no sense and no manners and no one to tell you

2 Likes

Re: NYSC: Kemi Adeosun Not Legally Required To Participate by Mysselff2: 6:22pm On Jul 07, 2018
Otondo
So she us legally required to forge NYSC certificate abi ??

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NYSC: Kemi Adeosun Not Legally Required To Participate by gaby(m): 6:23pm On Jul 07, 2018
aribisala0:

You have no sense and no manners and no one to tell you

Okay man, much thanks.
Re: NYSC: Kemi Adeosun Not Legally Required To Participate by Ategberoson(m): 6:25pm On Jul 07, 2018
TundeBricklayer:

Defending corruption grin grin how can NYSC explain the mix up or apologize when Kemi is using Oluwale , I thought my friends from west don't protect/defend corruption grin

so bricklayer too get sense?
Re: NYSC: Kemi Adeosun Not Legally Required To Participate by Ndolarr: 6:26pm On Jul 07, 2018
Truly, Nigeria is full of educated imbeciles! How on earth can some people on this thread conclude that she forged the exemption certificate when the authentic institution in charge of the matter, that is NYSC, has not issued any statement and no law court has pronounced her guilty of forgery! For heaven's sake, people should focus on substance rather than chasing shadows! Kemi is doing a good job and should be encouraged. I will join forces to attack her if she embezzles our money and it is proven. What matters now is for the economy to improve for job creation and not this destructive Pull Her Down 'PHD' syndrome! Enough of this mob action, please.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: NYSC: Kemi Adeosun Not Legally Required To Participate by Nobody: 6:27pm On Jul 07, 2018
ayosam4real:
it is so sarcastic of you to speak without prove of your statement. Adeosun was not in power when the then CBN governor lamented on excess spending without growing our foreing reserve which plunder us into recession. Also themadam oby ezekwesili made the acertion of recession when GEJ was in power.
Furthermore, I need to let you know the so called Bill gate you adored did not finish his studies in college, but however employed genius that work for his company.
The foreign clime did not celebrate certificate as we do here in Nigeria. What they celebrate is someone who can deliver on the job.
Conclusively, for government to work, it needs a bottom to up approach and thier needs to be a correlation between the fiscal and montary policy.
Peace out @ayosam4real

Bill gate is a private business owner....managed by him....

This is Nigeria which Adesoun is a minister......Adeosun doesn't won Nigeria.....but bill gatee owns his company and everything in it....

Nigeria is not Adeosun private business...

Next time when u comment don't contradict ursef.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: NYSC: Kemi Adeosun Not Legally Required To Participate by Adekdammy: 6:28pm On Jul 07, 2018
The bone of contention is not whether she is mandatory to have the exemption cert or not, the bone of contention is whether she forged her nysc exemption cert or not.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NYSC: Kemi Adeosun Not Legally Required To Participate by Nobody: 6:30pm On Jul 07, 2018
erico2k2:

that was not the issue, the issue is did she present a NYSC certificate and was it fake simple,?
all this plenty grammar nah wash.

The truth is she didn't present an nysc certificate.

1 Like

Re: NYSC: Kemi Adeosun Not Legally Required To Participate by Cubeet: 6:30pm On Jul 07, 2018
NoDulling4here:

I suppose the only 'evidence' of forgery is that the person who signed her discharge certificate was not working in the NYSC as at the time she was supposedly discharged.

Isn't it possible that that person bulksigned discharge certificates in advance? That is a possibility.
So the person Bulk signed close to seven months ahead, even before the swearing in of the incoming corpers. How can a certificate have the signature of a past DG for a year or batch where there is a new DG

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NYSC: Kemi Adeosun Not Legally Required To Participate by Adekdammy: 6:32pm On Jul 07, 2018
NgeneUkwenu:

Then why not wait for her to issue a rebuttal, instead of embarrassing her the more here?

You just said it the way it should be said.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NYSC: Kemi Adeosun Not Legally Required To Participate by GavelSlam: 6:32pm On Jul 07, 2018
Mille:
I have a question of my own.

Is NYSC mandatory for a foreign graduate who is on an "INTERNATIONAL CONTRACT" in an NGO in Nigeria?

Is it also mandatory for a similar person, but with a local contract in an NGO.

I'm asking because according to premiumtimes, NYSC is mandatory for employment in public and private sectors in Nigeria and an NGO does not conform to any of both categories.

I would appreciate an honest reply.

cc: TRUTHTOPOWER

To be fair, it's not compulsory.

You can come home and set up a business and nobody would bother you.

Heck you can come home and join your father's business and nobody would bother you either.

Indeed you can come home and join any corporation as long as it is privately owned and no one would bother you.

It only become a problem when a privately owned organisation requests for it as part of their patriotic act that it become a problem to you.

If you forge it then you are in trouble.

For government agencies, it is compulsory.

Re: NYSC: Kemi Adeosun Not Legally Required To Participate by PropertyDeals(f): 6:32pm On Jul 07, 2018
Political games in the play...
Anyways, please check our signature below and get in touch.

1 Like

Re: NYSC: Kemi Adeosun Not Legally Required To Participate by PropertyDeals(f): 6:32pm On Jul 07, 2018
political games in the play.
Anyways, please check our signature below and get in touch.
Re: NYSC: Kemi Adeosun Not Legally Required To Participate by GeorgeTheCoder: 6:33pm On Jul 07, 2018
doctokwus:
There are so many dunces in that evil party that have transferred their dullness and stupidity to nairaland.
This dimwit of a poster is saying Adeosun is not morally bound to perform NYSC.
Then the simple question you should ask is why did she bother forging an NYSC discharge certificate.
Nigeria has been so bastardized by criminals in power that many people no longer realise that forgery of documents is one of the most serious crimes an individual can commit.
Stupid post with a peabrained poster.

That is the crux of the matter.

2 Likes

Re: NYSC: Kemi Adeosun Not Legally Required To Participate by jrusky(m): 6:38pm On Jul 07, 2018
Pls who raised this stupid allegation in the first place? I don't like apc neither Adeosun whatever nor Buhari but that does not make me to be talking stupid.

I did my youth Corp but may I ask who has the nonsense time wasting jamboree called youth Corp help? Nigeria just love embarrassing themselves giant of Africa my foot.

Name one better I mean human country in the world where graduates are compelled to undergo a full year nonsense called youth Corp The next thing you will hear my fellow blind country men is to be using Russia, China or North Korea as example where such is happening are these mentioned countries a better country Axis of evil nations doing crap why can't you ask yourselves if such is happening in UK, Germany, France, Canada, Belgium, Austria etc but in Russia, north Korea, China, Cambodia all mad nations.

Pls this silly allegation hold no ground and very very stupid indeed. Just last week a young man went for interview despite his intelligent and certificate he almost lost the job simply he was asked where did he served as corper he mentioned the state and was asked the particular place he mentioned a remote village where he was posted to my surprise he was knocked out of the job I was so shocked I have to started pleading on his behalf till he was reconsider pls who corper help now? after all the pains and still be jobless or not accepted for job because of silly reasons. Pls people should just get lost with this madness.
Re: NYSC: Kemi Adeosun Not Legally Required To Participate by Nobody: 6:41pm On Jul 07, 2018
You people should stop trying to distract us from the main point of the matter. SHE FORGED NYSC CERTIFICATE. FORGERY IS A CRIME.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NYSC: Kemi Adeosun Not Legally Required To Participate by goaldynboy: 6:42pm On Jul 07, 2018
TRUTHTOPOWER:

What you think is irrelevant in legal proceedings. An offence has been alleged. The standard of proof is beyond reasonable doubt. Her defence is simply her legal Exemption. The issue of forging your own right is legally ridiculous. At any rate, she is not the issuer of the so called forged Exemption. She has no legal need to get by backdoor what is hers by legal right.

Bunkum!! You will really make a very bad lawyer! Very quack one at that! It has been widely reported that the exemption certificate was signed long after the signatory have retired, you are here using legal abracadabra to bamboozle your fellow zombie! We are at an age that even laymen can easily find the law and interpret it correctly!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NYSC: Kemi Adeosun Not Legally Required To Participate by jjmk(m): 6:45pm On Jul 07, 2018
TRUTHTOPOWER:
Fact. Mrs. Adeosun graduated from The East London Polytechnic OUTSIDE NIGERIA in 1989.

The status of the polytechnic was CHANGED to a University was IN 1992.

Note the capitalised words. "OUTSIDE NIGERIA" and "CHANGE"

QUESTION FOR DETERMINATION
Whether upon graduation from a polytechnic OUTSIDE NIGERIA, in line with section 2 (1)(c) Kemi Adeosun was required by law to participate in NYSC.

ANSWER.
Section 2 (1) (c) contains no provision or stipulation that a Polytechnic graduate outside Nigeria or a diploma holder outside Nigeria SHALL be eligible for call up to NYSC.

This is unlike UNIVERSITY GRADUATE as contained under S (1)(b)

The law is settled that inclusion of one is the exclusion of others.
Inclusio unius (est) exclusio alterius. Latin legal maxim that makes the point that where a statute, contract or other legal document includes a definitional list of items falling into a category, the inclusion of certain items on the list means that any excluded items are intentionally outside the definition. Simple Wiki definition.

Since this is a legal matter, a serious news agency ought to seek opinion of lawyers on whether Mrs Adeosun is under strict legal obligation to participate in NYSC as graduate of a polytechnic OUTSIDE NIGERIA

References
Requirement of NYSC Act

2 (1) (b)If, at the end of the academic year 1974–75 or, as the case may be, at the end of any subsequent year, he shall have graduated at any university outside Nigeria; or

(C) if, at the end of the academic year 1975–76 or, as the case may be, at the end of any subsequent year, he shall have obtained the Higher National Diploma or such other professional qualification as may be prescribed;

Exemption

2 (2) Notwithstanding the provisions of subsection (1) of this section, with effect from 1 August 1985, a person shall not be called upon to serve in the service corps if, at the date of his graduation or obtaining his diploma or other professional qualification—

(a) he is over the age of thirty; or
They have started coming out of the woods. This does not exempt her from prosecution for forgery. All your big grammars has come to nought.
Thank you sir.

1 Like

Re: NYSC: Kemi Adeosun Not Legally Required To Participate by bareal(m): 6:45pm On Jul 07, 2018
doctokwus:

You just ended up confirming my assertion.
Please you are too dunce to be posting online.

Gosh..... Shuuuu. Is the guy from your village?

Re: NYSC: Kemi Adeosun Not Legally Required To Participate by Just2endowed2(m): 6:47pm On Jul 07, 2018
aribisala0:
She is bound to perform the NYSC but like many elites who schooled abroad she just bailed.

Whether or not she forged an exxemption is another matter.

But

The following people did not do NYSC

Okonjo-Iweala
Dieziani Allison
Bola Tinubu
Ibe Kachickwu
Pat Utomi
Andy Uba

Icould go on and on

If u are not doing nysc, why do you have to forge the certificate?

The question is, did she forge it or not? All the epistle mean nothing

1 Like

Re: NYSC: Kemi Adeosun Not Legally Required To Participate by chronique(m): 6:47pm On Jul 07, 2018
I'm sorry to say this but "if" this your write up is meant to defend her,then I must say that you are very daft. If you don't have something sensible to say,it is better you keep quiet than displaying gross stupidity on the internet.

The matter at hand,is it a question of whether she is required by law to undergo NYSC, or that she presented a forged document? A finance minister of a country has been accused of presenting forged documents to secure a job with the government and manage the finances of a country of 180m people and you're coming to tell us about matter to be determined if it is required for her to serve or not... This is how you guys go about twisting stories to confuse people just cos you want to defend a political party of your choice. What is wrong with you Nigerians for God sake? Why can't you people always speak the truth?
TRUTHTOPOWER:
Fact. Mrs. Adeosun graduated from The East London Polytechnic OUTSIDE NIGERIA in 1989.

The status of the polytechnic was CHANGED to a University was IN 1992.

Note the capitalised words. "OUTSIDE NIGERIA" and "CHANGE"

QUESTION FOR DETERMINATION
Whether upon graduation from a polytechnic OUTSIDE NIGERIA, in line with section 2 (1)(c) Kemi Adeosun was required by law to participate in NYSC.

ANSWER.
Section 2 (1) (c) contains no provision or stipulation that a Polytechnic graduate outside Nigeria or a diploma holder outside Nigeria SHALL be eligible for call up to NYSC.

This is unlike UNIVERSITY GRADUATE as contained under S (1)(b)

The law is settled that inclusion of one is the exclusion of others.
Inclusio unius (est) exclusio alterius. Latin legal maxim that makes the point that where a statute, contract or other legal document includes a definitional list of items falling into a category, the inclusion of certain items on the list means that any excluded items are intentionally outside the definition. Simple Wiki definition.

Since this is a legal matter, a serious news agency ought to seek opinion of lawyers on whether Mrs Adeosun is under strict legal obligation to participate in NYSC as graduate of a polytechnic OUTSIDE NIGERIA

References
Requirement of NYSC Act

2 (1) (b)If, at the end of the academic year 1974–75 or, as the case may be, at the end of any subsequent year, he shall have graduated at any university outside Nigeria; or

(C) if, at the end of the academic year 1975–76 or, as the case may be, at the end of any subsequent year, he shall have obtained the Higher National Diploma or such other professional qualification as may be prescribed;

Exemption

2 (2) Notwithstanding the provisions of subsection (1) of this section, with effect from 1 August 1985, a person shall not be called upon to serve in the service corps if, at the date of his graduation or obtaining his diploma or other professional qualification—

(a) he is over the age of thirty; or

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NYSC: Kemi Adeosun Not Legally Required To Participate by Mille: 6:49pm On Jul 07, 2018
GavelSlam:

To be fair, it's not compulsory.

You can come home and set up a business and nobody would bother you.

Heck you can come home and join your father's business and nobody would bother you either.

Indeed you can come home and join any corporation as long as it is privately owned and no one would bother you.

It only become a problem when a privately owned organisation requests for it as part of their patriotic act that it become a problem to you.

If you forge it then you are in trouble.

For government agencies, it is compulsory.

That's the problem.

I'm not coming home to start a business and my father does not have a business of his own.

I work with an NGO, and contemplating requesting a transfer back home. That's why I am asking because I don't want to shoot myself in the shoe.
Re: NYSC: Kemi Adeosun Not Legally Required To Participate by Guestlander: 6:49pm On Jul 07, 2018
Ndolarr:
Truly, Nigeria is full of educated imbeciles! How on earth can some people on this thread conclude that she forged the exemption certificate when the authentic institution in charge of the matter, that is NYSC, has not issued any statement and no law court has pronounced her guilty of forgery! For heaven's sake, people should focus on substance rather than chasing shadows! Kemi is doing a good job and should be encouraged. I will join forces to attack her if she embezzles our money and it is proven. What matters now is for the economy to improve for job creation and not this destructive Pull Her Down 'PHD' syndrome! Enough of this mob action, please.

Abi o. That is Nairaland for you.
Re: NYSC: Kemi Adeosun Not Legally Required To Participate by aribisala0(m): 6:50pm On Jul 07, 2018
Just2endowed2:

If u are not doing nysc, why do you have to forge the certificate?

The question is, did she forge it or not? All the epistle mean nothing
You arre asking me? Don't you have a father you can ask?
Re: NYSC: Kemi Adeosun Not Legally Required To Participate by erico2k2(m): 6:51pm On Jul 07, 2018
schoolboij:

The truth is she didn't present an nysc certificate.
so they where talking rubbish.
Re: NYSC: Kemi Adeosun Not Legally Required To Participate by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 6:53pm On Jul 07, 2018
Ndolarr:
Doing a good job because she is from ur tribe,is our economy better now than before with double digit inflation now?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NYSC: Kemi Adeosun Not Legally Required To Participate by Arysexy(m): 6:53pm On Jul 07, 2018
Ndolarr:

No court has declared GEJ corrupt, but APC urchins sing GEJ is corrupt like anthem.

When Dino Melaye was accused of not graduating from ABU Zaria, BMC and APC scarliwags were the arrow heads of d mob crew, chanting it to high heavens even after he publicly showed his certificate and the school VC confirmed it.

Please if in some of these instances, you were mute or joined the mob, then you have no moral right to ask others not to do same this time

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NYSC: Kemi Adeosun Not Legally Required To Participate by Nobody: 6:54pm On Jul 07, 2018
Cubeet:
So the person Bulk signed close to seven months ahead, even before the swearing in of the incoming corpers. How can a certificate have the signature of a past DG for a year or batch where there is a new DG
Well I don't have all the details, just asking some questions and considering possibilities.

A very good lawyer might be able to make a solid case for the minister and everybody would be shocked. grin

This is Nigeria grin
Re: NYSC: Kemi Adeosun Not Legally Required To Participate by bidemi1190: 6:54pm On Jul 07, 2018
na poor people carry matter for head. nothing go happen. imagine someone who is a top technocrat being called to serve in a capacity as a nigeria n,would anyone ask him or her for nysc degree. mtchew.how many elite children serve for this country.
docadams:

Orisirisi. The poor will always be poor and the rich will always be rich.
Re: NYSC: Kemi Adeosun Not Legally Required To Participate by TRUTHTOPOWER: 6:55pm On Jul 07, 2018
aribisala0:
I am not understanding your English

I am sure it makes sense to you but you are not communicating.
How do you know she is not the issuer? Are you her lawyer?
Stick to factts that you know

The emboldened sentencees are gibberish

The fact I know is the fact presumed by law: she is innocent until accusers produce credible evidence videos, records or eyewitnesses of the process of forgery.

Convictions are not secured by hatred or wailing.
Re: NYSC: Kemi Adeosun Not Legally Required To Participate by anochuko01(m): 6:56pm On Jul 07, 2018
huge thunder fire that nysc rubbish shiiiit! wht dah hell!
I didn't serve! and if any coy rejects me then fine! it'll be their loss and not mine!!! even if its the post of the president!

what rubbish! isn't her current job a service to the nation?!
do foreigners to take our juicy jobs here do nysc?!
our suffering and smiling, uncertainties, and troubles are enough national service!

I hate stupid rules especially from a group, country or person that has failed its populace!

they're all mad!!! mtcheeeew!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Garba Shehu Used Efe's 'Based On Logistics' On Twitter, Nigerians React (Pics) / Photos Of Iara Oshiomhole At Obaseki's Campaign With Okorocha & Others / Throwback Picture Of Governor Hope Uzodinma Of Imo State.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.