Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,166 members, 7,957,359 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 11:29 AM

NYSC: Kemi Adeosun Not Legally Required To Participate - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NYSC: Kemi Adeosun Not Legally Required To Participate (61483 Views)

NYSC: Kemi Adeosun Reacts To High Court Judgement / Why Was Adeosun Not Placed On Watchlist? Fayose Asks / Kemi Adeosun Wearing NYSC Uniform - By Joe Igbokwe (Real Or Photoshopped?) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NYSC: Kemi Adeosun Not Legally Required To Participate by CSTR1005: 8:56pm On Jul 07, 2018
As we can see everybody defends their own criminals.
But some people will try to play selective amnesia.

2 Likes

Re: NYSC: Kemi Adeosun Not Legally Required To Participate by boborneyor(m): 8:59pm On Jul 07, 2018
Yahoo Yahoo Minister......Where dem SARS na!
Re: NYSC: Kemi Adeosun Not Legally Required To Participate by Nobody: 9:03pm On Jul 07, 2018
aribisala0:
She is bound to perform the NYSC but like many elites who schooled abroad she just bailed.

Whether or not she forged an exxemption is another matter.

But

The following people did not do NYSC

Okonjo-Iweala
Dieziani Allison
Bola Tinubu
Ibe Kachickwu
Pat Utomi
Andy Uba

Icould go on and on

Let's focus on kemi's own for now.

U can bring up the others later.
Re: NYSC: Kemi Adeosun Not Legally Required To Participate by maasoap(m): 9:03pm On Jul 07, 2018
TundeBricklayer:

Defending corruption grin grin how can NYSC explain the mix up or apologize when Kemi is using Oluwale , I KNEW my friends from west don't protect/defend corruption grin

No, we don't.
Re: NYSC: Kemi Adeosun Not Legally Required To Participate by Nobody: 9:03pm On Jul 07, 2018
TRUTHTOPOWER:

You mean forge a right she already has by law? All she needs to show is her application for exemption. NYSC is the one to explain the mix up. And to appologise for causing her any embarrassment. It is her legal right.

let Madame kemi provide whichever document that is needed.
Re: NYSC: Kemi Adeosun Not Legally Required To Participate by aribisala0(m): 9:03pm On Jul 07, 2018
PrecisionFx:

Let's focus on kemi's own for now.

U can bring up the others later.
You focus your focus where you like OK

1 Like

Re: NYSC: Kemi Adeosun Not Legally Required To Participate by Nobody: 9:05pm On Jul 07, 2018
ivandragon:

its not done in NYSC or most government run organisations.

the moment such organisation changes leadership, all documents signed after that date of handover will be done by the new head.

its same with university certificates. if a person graduates in say 1999 but the certificate was not prepared till 2018, that certificate will bear the signature of the VC as at 2018 & not the VC as at 1999...
Well we will just have to sit back and watch how things unfold......
Re: NYSC: Kemi Adeosun Not Legally Required To Participate by bigtt76(f): 9:13pm On Jul 07, 2018
Exactly and besides that, when she returned to Nigeria, she was already above the service age so an exemption was well in place.

TRUTHTOPOWER:
Fact. Mrs. Adeosun graduated from The East London Polytechnic OUTSIDE NIGERIA in 1989.

The status of the polytechnic was CHANGED to a University was IN 1992.

Note the capitalised words. "OUTSIDE NIGERIA" and "CHANGE"

QUESTION FOR DETERMINATION
Whether upon graduation from a polytechnic OUTSIDE NIGERIA, in line with section 2 (1)(c) Kemi Adeosun was required by law to participate in NYSC.

ANSWER.
Section 2 (1) (c) contains no provision or stipulation that a Polytechnic graduate outside Nigeria or a diploma holder outside Nigeria SHALL be eligible for call up to NYSC.

This is unlike UNIVERSITY GRADUATE as contained under S (1)(b)

The law is settled that inclusion of one is the exclusion of others.
Inclusio unius (est) exclusio alterius. Latin legal maxim that makes the point that where a statute, contract or other legal document includes a definitional list of items falling into a category, the inclusion of certain items on the list means that any excluded items are intentionally outside the definition. Simple Wiki definition.

Since this is a legal matter, a serious news agency ought to seek opinion of lawyers on whether Mrs Adeosun is under strict legal obligation to participate in NYSC as graduate of a polytechnic OUTSIDE NIGERIA

References
Requirement of NYSC Act

2 (1) (b)If, at the end of the academic year 1974–75 or, as the case may be, at the end of any subsequent year, he shall have graduated at any university outside Nigeria; or

(C) if, at the end of the academic year 1975–76 or, as the case may be, at the end of any subsequent year, he shall have obtained the Higher National Diploma or such other professional qualification as may be prescribed;

Exemption

2 (2) Notwithstanding the provisions of subsection (1) of this section, with effect from 1 August 1985, a person shall not be called upon to serve in the service corps if, at the date of his graduation or obtaining his diploma or other professional qualification—

(a) he is over the age of thirty; or
Re: NYSC: Kemi Adeosun Not Legally Required To Participate by Nobody: 9:15pm On Jul 07, 2018
aribisala0:
You focus your focus where you like OK

The focus of the nation is already on Kemi n not on thiefnnubu or Madame Ngozi.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NYSC: Kemi Adeosun Not Legally Required To Participate by aribisala0(m): 9:17pm On Jul 07, 2018
PrecisionFx:

The focus of the nation is already on Kemi n not on thiefnnubu or Madame Ngozi.
Go and discuss that with your family you can tell them what to focus on not me
Re: NYSC: Kemi Adeosun Not Legally Required To Participate by Rochasstatue(f): 9:27pm On Jul 07, 2018
The foolishness of the report is alarming.
Holding public office and being employed through the civil service are two different things.
Secondly obtaining an exemption is not time bound.
A lady screened by the Senate and security agencies is found out by a low level, tramadol dependent, retarded reporter.
Re: NYSC: Kemi Adeosun Not Legally Required To Participate by Tecno66: 9:39pm On Jul 07, 2018
This is diverting attention. How does this explain the exemption certificate in her posession? We all know she remains a saint as far as she is serving in the apc government. She would have been arrested by now if she was of PDP.
Juliusmalema:
what a lame assertion trying to defend the garbage she obtained from East-london...

Kemi Adeosun must be investigated now and she must resign and face the full wrath of the law....
No wonder she connived with buhari and osibanjo and plunged Nigeria into recession.
.......and it even took since months to appoint this ineffectual buffoon called kemi as minister............

A minster who keeps her job on forgery........

A minster who doesn't know that 22+2 is 24.....
Her actions is unprecedented in modern day civil service and must be condemned in strong terms....
how can a low born parading a low class certificate preside over a nations finance ministry.....
No wonder all her actions bleeds ineffectiveness and Bill Gate wondered when he visited Nigeria why such a low crass educated being should be a minister...
She has forged Nigeria and Nigeria treasury up to this day...

and u have to wonder if the nations treasury is as she says or is it also forged

Adeosun should resign and go.....she represent everything fake.....
and fake must be her name onwards.....
I spit on such a shameful being.......
SACK ADEOSUN NOW....

1 Like

Re: NYSC: Kemi Adeosun Not Legally Required To Participate by Bullhari: 10:43pm On Jul 07, 2018
Juliusmalema:
No wonder all her actions bleeds ineffectiveness and Bill Gate wondered when he visited Nigeria why such a low crass educated being should be a minister...

She has forged Nigeria and Nigeria treasury up to this day...

Re: NYSC: Kemi Adeosun Not Legally Required To Participate by Nobody: 12:56am On Jul 08, 2018
aribisala0:

Our focus remains in Madame nysc forger till further notice.
Re: NYSC: Kemi Adeosun Not Legally Required To Participate by blackgold90(m): 6:13am On Jul 08, 2018
aribisala0:
She is bound to perform the NYSC but like many elites who schooled abroad she just bailed.

Whether or not she forged an exxemption is another matter.

But

The following people did not do NYSC

Okonjo-Iweala
Dieziani Allison
Bola Tinubu
Ibe Kachickwu
Pat Utomi
Andy Uba

Icould go on and on

Doing NYSC is not the question here... The issue is why did she forged the documents she did not have.

The people you mentioned although not yet researched didn't forget what they don't have. The issue of not serving Nigeria is not what is the base of the the matter.

Stop miss leading the public
Re: NYSC: Kemi Adeosun Not Legally Required To Participate by otokx(m): 7:15am On Jul 08, 2018
A lawyer should use the FOI act to compel NYSC to make a statement, the courts could also be approached.
Re: NYSC: Kemi Adeosun Not Legally Required To Participate by fayvah(m): 7:57am On Jul 08, 2018
It is not in her being require or not it is in her faking the certificate
Re: NYSC: Kemi Adeosun Not Legally Required To Participate by CioAngels(f): 8:38am On Jul 08, 2018
Tinubu will free her, educated? A times, i wonder who really are the educated Nigerians asides some of those before the mid 80s. Like a governor who immediately he won election he registered for degree course and graduated with degree certificate in Six month, is that person educated? I'm very sure he also has Master and PHD certificates also in Six month, please, do you also see such people as educated? This is my beautiful country, NIGERIA.
Re: NYSC: Kemi Adeosun Not Legally Required To Participate by Jokerman(m): 8:50am On Jul 08, 2018
bigtt76:
Exactly and besides that, when she returned to Nigeria, she was already above the service age so an exemption was well in place.

Then why practice forgery??
Re: NYSC: Kemi Adeosun Not Legally Required To Participate by Jokerman(m): 8:51am On Jul 08, 2018
aribisala0:

Defender of corrupt people, we have heard you...
Re: NYSC: Kemi Adeosun Not Legally Required To Participate by Uzee24: 8:55am On Jul 08, 2018
aribisala0:

Pat Utomi came back to Nigeria from abroad and joined the government of Shagari .

He was widely celebraated at the time and he was under 30.

He did not serve just like many others

Bianca Ojukwu
Saraki
Tinubu
Okonko-Iweala
Femi Gbajamiala
Andy Uba
Dieziani Allison

Sometimes I cant help but marvel at our reasoning in this country. Why try to defend what is wrong and makes you look like someone without a good sense of judgement?

By naming all these people, you go on to indict her the more (i.e if the said offence was actually commited). Those guys did not serve...yes! But they did not go ahead to commit forgery as its being alleged that she did....NO!

There is always an exception to rules. If a government feels that your expertise is needed in building the country, then certain waviers can be given in other to accommodate such deficiencies.

Her going ahead to procure an NYSC certificate or exemption(whichever it is), only makes her come across as being desperate and forgery is a crime, a grievous one at that. She should clear the air about this and exonorate herself.
Re: NYSC: Kemi Adeosun Not Legally Required To Participate by Nobody: 9:27am On Jul 08, 2018
let me use this opportunity and congratulate the Yahoo minister of finance....Fake(Mrs) Kemi Adeosun.

Awolowo was a finance minister, masterminded a treasonable felony and forgery and died of rat poison intake

many years later fake Adeosun finance minister forges her own nysc certificate.

This adage now seems true that whatever a snake gave birth to must always be long

I now begin to wonder who even made Awolowo a nationalist and how Adeosun now emulates the nationalist
what a coincidence of brotherhood.
Re: NYSC: Kemi Adeosun Not Legally Required To Participate by stevedre: 9:46am On Jul 08, 2018
[quote author=OlujobaSamuel post=69166082]i know there are conditions to work in nigeria wothout it, but i never knew she is a customer of Oluwole and Son's Ltd[/quote

@Oluwole and Son's Ltd. grin grin
Re: NYSC: Kemi Adeosun Not Legally Required To Participate by bigtt76(f): 9:49am On Jul 08, 2018
I'm yet to understand what was forged and what was not forged. Have you seen the certificate before concluding this? Or you're basing this on 'hearsay'? What feature on the certificate showed that it was forged? Having a certificate not duly issued is different from having one without certain features synonymous with a one duly issued ....which is which here?

Jokerman:

Then why practice forgery??
Re: NYSC: Kemi Adeosun Not Legally Required To Participate by aribisala0(m): 10:29am On Jul 08, 2018
Uzee24:

Sometimes I cant help but marvel at our reasoning in this country. Why try to defend what is wrong and makes you look like someone without a good sense of judgement?

By naming all these people, you go on to indict her the more (i.e if the said offence was actually commited). Those guys did not serve...yes! But they did not go ahead to commit forgery as its being alleged that she did....NO!

There is always an exception to rules. If a government feels that your expertise is needed in building the country, then certain waviers can be given in other to accommodate such deficiencies.

Her going ahead to procure an NYSC certificate or exemption(whichever it is), only makes her come across as being desperate and forgery is a crime, a grievous one at that. She should clear the air about this and exonorate herself.

I am defending her? How?

I think she can defend herself that is not my job
I think you need to learn how to communicate politely

Your father can never tell me to my face that he wonders about my reasoning. You need to learn to talk to people in a way that is not rude and provocative.

I urge you to explain how I defended her? because if you fail to do so you confirm yourself to be an idiot and I have no patience for idiots
Re: NYSC: Kemi Adeosun Not Legally Required To Participate by aribisala0(m): 10:32am On Jul 08, 2018
Uzee24:

I am defending her? How?

I think she can defend herself that is not my job
I think you need to learn how to communicate politely

Your father can never tell me to my face that he wonders about my reasoning. You need to learn to talk to people in a way that is not rude and provocative.

I urge you to explain how I defended her? because if you fail to do so you confirm yourself to be an idiot and I have no patience for idiots

Tinubu tomorrow will come out wanting to be president so if he did not serve should the public not know? In fact should we not be annulling his tenure as governor. My point is that the NYSC avoidance is very big and there are many more people that need investigating how then is that a "defence" of Kemi .
You are a total dunce
Re: NYSC: Kemi Adeosun Not Legally Required To Participate by aribisala0(m): 10:42am On Jul 08, 2018
blackgold90:

Doing NYSC is not the question here... The issue is why did she forged the documents she did not have.

The people you mentioned although not yet researched didn't forget what they don't have. The issue of not serving Nigeria is not what is the base of the the matter.

Stop miss leading the public
Doing NYSC is part of the question whether you like it or not.

For your information not doing NYSC is an offence. It carries a 12 month prison penalty

That you are ignorant of this changes nothing. That is always the problem with semi-literacy. You think you know everything when you know next to nothing

That does not mean I cannot discuss the wider issue . If you do not like it that is your problem not mine

Whether or not there was a forgery that is a matter for her to defend herself.
Re: NYSC: Kemi Adeosun Not Legally Required To Participate by Jokerman(m): 11:20am On Jul 08, 2018
bigtt76:
I'm yet to understand what was forged and what was not forged. Have you seen the certificate before concluding this? Or you're basing this on 'hearsay'? What feature on the certificate showed that it was forged? Having a certificate not duly issued is different from having one without certain features synonymous with a one duly issued ....which is which here?

Based on hearsay... the way we have been dealing with others, and since I'm not an hypocrite or a corruption supporter, I go on with it, until proven otherwise.... Also called media trial....
Re: NYSC: Kemi Adeosun Not Legally Required To Participate by blackgold90(m): 11:47am On Jul 08, 2018
aribisala0:
Doing NYSC is part of the question whether you like it or not.

For your information not doing NYSC is an offence. It carries a 12 month prison penalty

That you are ignorant of this changes nothing. That is always the problem with semi-literacy. You think you know everything when you know next to nothing

That does not mean I cannot discuss the wider issue . If you do not like it that is your problem not mine

Whether or not there was a forgery that is a matter for her to defend herself.

I can see you are ignorant and defending corruption.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Seyi Tinubu Governorship Campaign Poster Surfaces - Nigerians React / Seriake Dickson Commissions Bayelsa State International Airport / Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.