Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,772 members, 7,813,559 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:54 PM

Do You Let Your Kids Bathe Themselves?. - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Do You Let Your Kids Bathe Themselves?. (5036 Views)

Will You Let Your Wife You Intend To Marry To Be A Full Time House Wife? / Photo: Would You Let Your Pregnant Wife Go Clubbing Dressed Like This? / Will You Let Someone Sleep With Your Spouse For N10m? - (See Responses) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Let Your Kids Bathe Themselves?. by Nobody: 8:04pm On Jun 11, 2010
my papa still 'baf' me till i was 12 years old
Re: Do You Let Your Kids Bathe Themselves?. by AdeEunice(f): 8:19pm On Jun 11, 2010
It depends on their ages. although, i don't have a child of my own yet, i have cousins and one of 'em is 7. I allow him to have his bath himself, but i still inspect him afterwards, cos most times, water never touches his back.
Re: Do You Let Your Kids Bathe Themselves?. by alexleo(m): 8:48pm On Jun 11, 2010
I think a man should also be sensitive enough to help in bathing his kids when he sees that the wife is busy with other house work. In 2009 we had no house help. i had to help my wife to bath the kids whenever am around. I washed plates, washed clothes etc. It was also that period that my first child of six learnt how sweep the house and dress the bed, bath himself etc. Even though we later got another house help lasr december, my boy and the girl following him can do house work co
Re: Do You Let Your Kids Bathe Themselves?. by tayo4me(f): 9:51pm On Jun 11, 2010
fodiyo:

If you ask a child to bathe for himself, he will only wash his stomach (Igbo proverb) grin

Lol, dats kinda true sha

@post, that is really bad of the woman. I'll bathe for my children till they start growing hair under, especially the boys cuz I know dey wont feel comfortable
Re: Do You Let Your Kids Bathe Themselves?. by sulad82i(m): 10:51pm On Jun 11, 2010
She need some talk into her head. If she cant raise the kids, why have them?
Re: Do You Let Your Kids Bathe Themselves?. by Chiuba: 11:24pm On Jun 11, 2010
smileyI will bath my kids till they are matured enough oh!These neglect can cause infections u know
Re: Do You Let Your Kids Bathe Themselves?. by kenerep: 11:57pm On Jun 11, 2010
started taking ma birth when I was like 8 or there about i know I usually rubbed ma stomach most the head at all and my was just too hard to reach, though once in awhile ma aunt comes to the rescue, sum up, little by little we learn but not without supervision!
Re: Do You Let Your Kids Bathe Themselves?. by Nobody: 12:41am On Jun 12, 2010
Father bathing girl children! hmmm
Maybe that's what the 40 yr old Akwa Ibom man who impregnated his daughter was doing o! And now, the pickin don get belle! By her father! grin grin grin
Re: Do You Let Your Kids Bathe Themselves?. by Outstrip(f): 1:15am On Jun 12, 2010
There is absolutely no problem with a father bathing his daughter. It is just important that parents are not poking in areas where the child is understanding that those parts are private. You cannot be all up a prepubescent child's stuff when you are at the same time educating him/her not to let a stranger touch them there.
Re: Do You Let Your Kids Bathe Themselves?. by Fhemmmy: 2:07am On Jun 12, 2010
switpea:

Father bathing girl children! hmmm
Maybe that's what the 40 yr old Akwa Ibom man who impregnated his daughter was doing o! And now, the pickin don get belle! By her father! grin grin grin

Common, it is common sense.
At age of 7, The girl will already be telling Dad to get out of the washroom cos she wanna pee.
So let us call a spade a spade and make sure the head of that useless man that give his pikin belle rolls.
Nothing wrong with a father washing his kids, besides, when it comes to washing her bum, the girl cld do that herself.
Re: Do You Let Your Kids Bathe Themselves?. by bawomolo(m): 2:15am On Jun 12, 2010
enitan2002:

my papa still 'baf' me till i was 12 years old

kinda creepy but understandable i guess
Re: Do You Let Your Kids Bathe Themselves?. by Fhemmmy: 2:50am On Jun 12, 2010
^^^ Lol . . . . Fathers of those days never have weird thots
Re: Do You Let Your Kids Bathe Themselves?. by bawomolo(m): 3:11am On Jun 12, 2010
Fhemmmy:

^^^ Lol . . . . Fathers of those days never have weird thots

lol but still things happen that are often not talked about in african society.
Re: Do You Let Your Kids Bathe Themselves?. by chidyke77(m): 10:11am On Jun 12, 2010
Some 10yr old girls has started showing signs of maturity at dat age and such kids wont accept that anymore bt if she does,never wash her private for her,allow her to do it herself. Reason is that ur fingers might be stimulating her to pleasure and once she gets used to that ur in serious problem. Just bath d boys if u like.
Re: Do You Let Your Kids Bathe Themselves?. by prommy(f): 2:54pm On Jun 13, 2010
The woman in the story is just lazy.Anyway i will not blame her she got married and was blessed with kids before she knows it.she shd have being a bit active if she had taken concotions and spiritual baths all in the name of looking for babies and then live them at that tender age to care for themselves.I am a mother of 3 kids with househelps yet i bath my kids .My eldest son will be 8 by sept.i only allow him to bath himself at nights.I am a business woman,a pg student fulltime and a wife.So ,she is working should not be an excuse.I wonder what her house esp.her kitchen will be like.
Re: Do You Let Your Kids Bathe Themselves?. by olalkn(m): 5:54pm On Jun 13, 2010
In all honesty,that woman in question is just lazy.
why on earth you dint have time for your kids.
There are millions of people out there looking for kids,
and she messing about with hers.
I have 2 lovely kids,4 and 2 years old,i bath them sometimes
when their mum works early,as i leave work for work bit later.
No matter in this world,try to create time them,because it goes
a long ways.
For my fellow,naija men there is nothing wrong in you bathing your
kids,
peace
Re: Do You Let Your Kids Bathe Themselves?. by Outstrip(f): 8:53pm On Jun 13, 2010
Funny how everybody has concluded that she is lazy. She is a pregnant woman with two other kids. Something will have to give unfortunately she chose bathing the kids for that. I am sure this woman's hands is more than full especially since it was mentioned that she has no help. My suggestion is that she gets some help to help her.

prommy:

The woman in the story is just lazy.Anyway i will not blame her she got married and was blessed with kids before she knows it.she shd have being a bit active if she had taken concotions and spiritual baths all in the name of looking for babies and then live them at that tender age to care for themselves.I am a mother of 3 kids with househelps yet i bath my kids .My eldest son will be 8 by sept.i only allow him to bath himself at nights.I am a business woman,a pg student fulltime and a wife.So ,she is working should not be an excuse.I wonder what her house esp.her kitchen will be like.

Sorry you cannot be a student, a business woman and a full time housewife. It is impossible. Full time housewives do just that. Be housewives full time. If you think you are doing it all and doing it perfectly it is only because you are lying to yourself. True, there has to be a balance but you cannot do all three as well as if you were just doing one.
I say this because I noticed people especially women can be very judgmental of other women. A lady I know was criticizing another woman for needing a help at home and she felt that it should not take so long to clean a house as she can clean her whole house in 2 hours. It took all of me not to say something because this woman's house in my opinion is so nasty that I can honestly say that I was worried about my children eating there. Even on any given day when I get ready to clean the house I cannot clean my whole house in 2 hours. There is absolutely no way.
So she might have let the childrens hygiene go and her friend drew it to her attention but to start talking about her kitchen and everything else is a whole different thing
Re: Do You Let Your Kids Bathe Themselves?. by chi21: 3:20am On Aug 17, 2010
if a mother is too tried to bath the kids the father should do it
Re: Do You Let Your Kids Bathe Themselves?. by invisible2(m): 7:51am On Aug 17, 2010
There we go again, the women abandoning their God given responsibilities in the name of making money for who? The women should sit back at home and wash, clean, scrub, cook, pound, arrange, dust, cobweb, pamper the kids, teach them morals, teach them to cook, wash and play in a safe way. The men should provide all the money necessary for his family to enjoy themselves. The man is lazy if he cannot bring enough food to the table and the woman is greedy if she thinks she must help the man make money. Till the kids are grown, the woman better stay at home. This women leaving homes has wrecked havocs in many a home, and will still cause more problems.
Re: Do You Let Your Kids Bathe Themselves?. by mutter(f): 9:57am On Aug 17, 2010
2 Hours to clean a house
Sometimes I need more than that to clean my kitchen grin
Anyway we are a total of 13 at the moment and then with family that visit.
I also bath my kids till they are 6 after that just as chaircover and some others say with supervision and once in a while I let them bath themselves.
Well now I have some bigger kids I don`t have to do it all the time because the bigger ones help in the evening or at weekends.
@invisible I know some fulltime mums who get less done for their kids than moms that work.
Re: Do You Let Your Kids Bathe Themselves?. by invisible2(m): 10:36am On Aug 17, 2010
@mutter, we cannot rule out the possibility of some lazy housewives but by and large, their prescence will be better than the prescence of maids and paid servants. Nobody can take care of your kids like you. In the bathing topic which we are discussing, maids have been known to violate the privates of kids, since they are most times not related by blood, the female maids expose the young male child to fondlind and putting his 'JT' in her experienced hole. The male househelps lubricate small girls they are bathing and later deposit semen on their 'abunna' entrance to enjoy themselves. All these while the man and women of the house are busy chasing money! What a world!!!
Re: Do You Let Your Kids Bathe Themselves?. by Meadowland(f): 1:21pm On Aug 17, 2010
I started bathing myself in my first year in secondary school after my classmates discussed and boasted bout their experiences. I couldn't pass a comment. The next day I told mum I could do it!
Re: Do You Let Your Kids Bathe Themselves?. by mutter(f): 10:48pm On Aug 18, 2010
@ invisible
I do not have a child minder at home. i do not see the need for one. My kids have to grow uo to learn to do things for themselves.
No one to clean up after them. That makes them more responsible and protects them from outside influence in the intimacy of their home.
Re: Do You Let Your Kids Bathe Themselves?. by Warfibabe(f): 2:11pm On Nov 05, 2011
@ poster. . . The children are tooooo young to care for themselves at such age na?. . . And i assume they are girls. . . Na wa o!. . . Na so smelly p*s*y take dey start enter adulthood. . . Lol!.
Re: Do You Let Your Kids Bathe Themselves?. by Digriz(m): 7:56pm On Nov 06, 2011
Warfibabe:

@ poster. . . The children are tooooo young to care for themselves at such age na?. . . And i assume they are girls. . . Na wa o!. . . Na so smelly p*s*y take dey start enter adulthood. . . Lol!.
you are right.
Re: Do You Let Your Kids Bathe Themselves?. by ameenahz(f): 4:47pm On Feb 02, 2013
Outstrip: LOL ok o. My 3 year old got an erection(maybe not that type) when I was taking off his diaper in the morning. I was like whaaaaaaaaaaat. He even laughs when I wash him there. Very soon I will be leaving him to handle his business.

Not really my business, but should your 3 year old still be wearing diapers??
Re: Do You Let Your Kids Bathe Themselves?. by Jellitah: 5:08pm On Feb 02, 2013
AFTER AGE 5! AND SUPERVISED. . .cool
Re: Do You Let Your Kids Bathe Themselves?. by Agluvs9ja(f): 5:05pm On Dec 10, 2013
Lol.

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Husband Has Been Lying About His Age For 8 Years / A Worried Husband Asks If It Is Proper To Share A Bathing Sponge With His Wife / Woman Gave Birth To Brazilian Hair (Picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.