Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,117 members, 7,818,330 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:52 PM

What Is Wrong With Wearing Dreadlocks To Church - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is Wrong With Wearing Dreadlocks To Church (1519 Views)

RCCG Female Worker Sent Back Home For Wearing This To Church (Photo) / Apostle Johnson Suleman Dressed As A Policeman To Church (Photos) / EFCC Returning N11.9M Stolen By RCCG Deacon To Church (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Wrong With Wearing Dreadlocks To Church by Mizk(f): 1:29pm On Jul 08, 2018
I was invited to Methodist church today with my girlfriend and his boyfriend who has dreadlocks decided to tag along, His dreadlock is natural just that he takes good care of it that it looks cool so people think it's artificial, we got to church and people were looking at him like he's an alien, he started feeling uneasy so much that he had to go outside 30mins later, he stayed outside until after the service, then one pastor walked up to us when we were leaving and started preaching to this guy and saying all sorts of stuff, he got embarrassed and said he'll never come to church again.

Where in the bible did God condemn dreadlocks, i thought holiness isn't about your looks?

Samson never cut his hair and God specifically forbade it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is Wrong With Wearing Dreadlocks To Church by GavelSlam: 1:34pm On Jul 08, 2018
Absolutely nothing wrong with it.

But for oyinbo, many of us would have been dreadlocked.
Re: What Is Wrong With Wearing Dreadlocks To Church by sinaj(f): 1:38pm On Jul 08, 2018
Nothing wrong with it pls. Even churches like Cele and Cherubim encourage it if its natural

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is Wrong With Wearing Dreadlocks To Church by Mizk(f): 1:40pm On Jul 08, 2018
sinaj:
Nothing wrong with it pls. Even churches like Cele and Cherubim encourage it if its natural
So theres still an exception? What if its not natural? You don't worship God with the hair na
Re: What Is Wrong With Wearing Dreadlocks To Church by Mizk(f): 1:47pm On Jul 08, 2018
NaijaTechnician:
What is Dreadlock pls?

Dada hairstyle

2 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With Wearing Dreadlocks To Church by CDCEO001: 2:01pm On Jul 08, 2018
Mizk:
I was invited to Methodist church today with my girlfriend and his boyfriend who has dreadlocks decided to tag along, His dreadlock is natural just that he takes good care of it that it looks cool so people think it's artificial, we got to church and people were looking at him like he's an alien, he started feeling uneasy so much that he had to go outside 30mins later, he stayed outside until after the service, then one pastor walked up to us when we were leaving and started preaching to this guy and saying all sorts of stuff, he got embarrassed and said he'll never come to church again.

Where in the bible did God condemn dreadlocks, i thought holiness isn't about your looks?

That should not bother him.
I don't think is bad.
Na too much church dey do us.
When one of my brother returned from Europe some years back with a Kriss Kross hair style, my mother caught fire all over her body.. lol.

2 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With Wearing Dreadlocks To Church by Mizk(f): 2:11pm On Jul 08, 2018
NaijaTechnician:

Now I understand ur point, you know am a Technician technology has gone far in me but i don't joke with my God i worship and serve him and go to church.

Now i will answer ur question. Church is a place where we all go to praise God worship him. Everyone goes to church to give and to receive from God not that people will be looking at another person's dressing or hair style. At times those kind of people whom people who called themselves Christians do look down on them they are more righteous than the Christians.
Imagine, you can't look ok again because you're serving God, I'm not even sure the pastor is holy.

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With Wearing Dreadlocks To Church by Mizk(f): 2:11pm On Jul 08, 2018
CDCEO001:

That should not bother him.
I don't think is bad.
Na too much church dey do us.
When one of my brother returned from Europe some years back with a Kriss Kross hair style, my mother caught fire all over her body.. lol.
grin
Re: What Is Wrong With Wearing Dreadlocks To Church by CDCEO001: 2:32pm On Jul 08, 2018
Mizk:
I was invited to Methodist church today with my girlfriend and his boyfriend who has dreadlocks decided to tag along,

Wait oo, correct yourself before we begin to think your Girlfriend is a boy who has another boyfriend.
Re: What Is Wrong With Wearing Dreadlocks To Church by isidiwent: 2:32pm On Jul 08, 2018
Mizk:

What is wrong with wearing dreadlocks for interview??

2 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With Wearing Dreadlocks To Church by festwiz(m): 2:43pm On Jul 08, 2018
Hypocrites the lot of them. How many of them will walk up to these artistes and tell em to change their hairstyle? #nonsense

Trust a Nigerian to focus on irrelevant things forgetting that salvation is said to be personal.

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With Wearing Dreadlocks To Church by kehnton(m): 12:22am On Jul 25, 2018
Mizk:
So theres still an exception? What if its not natural? You don't worship God with the hair na

it should be natural. but even if it's not, people wear wings and other fake hairs to Church anyway. it shouldn't make any difference to such.
Re: What Is Wrong With Wearing Dreadlocks To Church by kehnton(m): 12:28am On Jul 25, 2018
Mizk:

point to note,

since the time Constantine changed things,
Christians do not follow rules and laws of the scriptures anymore,
they believe it's been done away with,... with the exception of tithing of course wink

until Christians return back to the good old way, then, they shall some understanding of Airtel laws... nothing will be done away with until this era passes away as the Messiah said it, which includes the law of Nazarite.

(1) (Reply)

Please I Really Need Advice. Is God Calling Me To Be A Pastor. / Religious Problems & Solutions / Strictly For Christians!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.