Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,500 members, 7,819,817 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:31 AM

"Ideas Bring More Riches Than Tithes, Japan Is A Proof" - Reno Omokri - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "Ideas Bring More Riches Than Tithes, Japan Is A Proof" - Reno Omokri (28696 Views)

Bishop Seun Adeoye: Buhari’s Reelection Will Bring More Hardship / Pastor E.A Adeboye Reacts To Daddy Freeze's Comments On Tithes (VIDEO) / ''Tithes And Offerings Don't Buy Jets'' - Apostle Anselm Madubuko (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Ideas Bring More Riches Than Tithes, Japan Is A Proof" - Reno Omokri by Proffdada: 1:18pm On Jul 09, 2018
killuminati:
grin grin grin
that's the mistake people make, putting pastors before God when they can call Him directly undecided
Re: "Ideas Bring More Riches Than Tithes, Japan Is A Proof" - Reno Omokri by Dicksonpal: 1:20pm On Jul 09, 2018
abiodunalasa:
I have said it several times
Black people and White people are wired differently...
but why is that pls
Re: "Ideas Bring More Riches Than Tithes, Japan Is A Proof" - Reno Omokri by Felabac1(m): 1:25pm On Jul 09, 2018
[quote author=ojimbo post=69205569]Religion is an enemy to development [/qGod bless you uote]
Re: "Ideas Bring More Riches Than Tithes, Japan Is A Proof" - Reno Omokri by Nobody: 1:28pm On Jul 09, 2018
horsepower101:
I haven’t paid tithe in over 8 years. Yet my finances have gotten much better since then. What I have come to realize is that my personal life decisions matters more than any amount I will ever give to a pastor.

I have built a two bedroom apartment, and I am not paying tithe.......!

2 Likes

Re: "Ideas Bring More Riches Than Tithes, Japan Is A Proof" - Reno Omokri by killuminati(m): 1:28pm On Jul 09, 2018
Proffdada:
that's the mistake people make, putting pastors before God when they can call Him directly undecided
That means you not a good christian, it seems you don't pay tithes and offerings cry

Re: "Ideas Bring More Riches Than Tithes, Japan Is A Proof" - Reno Omokri by themodernman: 1:35pm On Jul 09, 2018
bettercreature:
grin grin grin grin grin It's just a matter of time Africans will not pay any useless pastor again
All the developed world were once as religious as Africans
People should wise up no God anywhere we are on per with Dog or Fowl we are just more intelligent

Nice one...

Re: "Ideas Bring More Riches Than Tithes, Japan Is A Proof" - Reno Omokri by thesicilian: 1:42pm On Jul 09, 2018
budaatum:

Hmm, I wonder! Imagine if that tithe was paid as tax to the government. I am certain by now we would be holding them to better account for the use of our hard earned money. Or imagine that ten percent were invested in stock. Companies would have to reform to pay you a decent return on your investment.

I am so sorry, but tithe payers have to be educated to choose the right use for their money!
The taxes you have been paying to the government since time immemorial, have you been able to hold them to account for that?
Re: "Ideas Bring More Riches Than Tithes, Japan Is A Proof" - Reno Omokri by Greatzeus(m): 1:43pm On Jul 09, 2018
Admin401:
Nothing can help the African continent. I used to think white people caused all this but we have been hateful towards each other sincr time immemorial.
I can't believe that Bonny king can say something like this haba,alot of influential people like the famous Efunroye Tinubu and Kings were slave traders but for an African to oppose abolition of slave trade is just too horrible,I don't want to believe it.
Re: "Ideas Bring More Riches Than Tithes, Japan Is A Proof" - Reno Omokri by FRANKOSKI(m): 1:44pm On Jul 09, 2018
PAYING TITHE AND SINNING AGAINST GOD CAN'T CHANGE ANYTHING O!
Re: "Ideas Bring More Riches Than Tithes, Japan Is A Proof" - Reno Omokri by Vokians(m): 1:46pm On Jul 09, 2018
Rotentina:

I have built a two bedroom apartment, and I am not paying tithe.......!
Then you think you have arrived. Do you know if you would have been owner of an estate?
Re: "Ideas Bring More Riches Than Tithes, Japan Is A Proof" - Reno Omokri by sexdoll: 1:46pm On Jul 09, 2018
amaniro:
don't even understand this Omokri guy

before nko?

why would you understand him when he's being factual.

if it were to be that he was bashing buhari, something tells me you'll understand that one sharperly.
Re: "Ideas Bring More Riches Than Tithes, Japan Is A Proof" - Reno Omokri by Reference(m): 1:50pm On Jul 09, 2018
I keep on repeating this. Tithing is for the financing and advancement of the kingdom, period. Whether the giver or receiver chooses to imply another reason is left to the person.

1 Like

Re: "Ideas Bring More Riches Than Tithes, Japan Is A Proof" - Reno Omokri by Abbeybailey(m): 1:54pm On Jul 09, 2018
As long as Nigeria have more places of worship than factories, she will continue to be poor. Period.

6 Likes

Re: "Ideas Bring More Riches Than Tithes, Japan Is A Proof" - Reno Omokri by budaatum: 2:04pm On Jul 09, 2018
thesicilian:

The taxes you have been paying to the government since time immemorial, have you been able to hold them to account for that?
What taxes? Do Nigerians actually pay the right amount of tax? Is it not so small that most don't care to not pay it?

Come over to a country where the government steals over 50% of your income in tax and explain to me why you would be so mumu to let them dip their dirty fingers into you pocket and you don't ask, "what for?" If the Nigerian government takes more of your hard earned money, I am certain you'd quickly wise up too!

1 Like

Re: "Ideas Bring More Riches Than Tithes, Japan Is A Proof" - Reno Omokri by budaatum: 2:08pm On Jul 09, 2018
Abbeybailey:
As long as Nigeria have more places of worship than factories, she will continue to be poor. Period.
It is just such a pity that this is not obvious to most people. They invest in their so called, afterlife, and complain that they can't find jobs here on earth!

They should just die quick quick jor, and go enjoy their heaven and leave here to those who care about living!
Re: "Ideas Bring More Riches Than Tithes, Japan Is A Proof" - Reno Omokri by Abbeybailey(m): 2:11pm On Jul 09, 2018
budaatum:

It is just such a pity that this is not obvious to most people. They invest in their so called, afterlife, and complain that they can't find jobs here on earth!

They should just die quick quick jor, and go enjoy their heaven and leave here to those who care about living!
You are correct Buddy. You see the big religion honchos with Private Jets and Multi million naira trucks and cars and see their church members fighting bus conductors over N20 change. The same people will tell you that you should not critique the mafia like God's spokesmen scamming them. My people perish for lack of knowledge, so says the Bible.

2 Likes

Re: "Ideas Bring More Riches Than Tithes, Japan Is A Proof" - Reno Omokri by budaatum: 2:14pm On Jul 09, 2018
Greatzeus:

I can't believe that Bonny king can say something like this haba,alot of influential people like the famous Efunroye Tinubu and Kings were slave traders but for an African to oppose abolition of slave trade is just too horrible,I don't want to believe it.
I've always said that despite the number of black people taken away from West Africa as slaves, the white man never left the coast. Or don't you ever wonder how slaves got to them there then? No be we de sell our own black brodas?

Go read up on some history. It is a somewhat sad tale. It might even make you understand that the so called political and religious leaders are no different to slave traders. Once you get over the desire to chose what to believe, that is.
Re: "Ideas Bring More Riches Than Tithes, Japan Is A Proof" - Reno Omokri by oruma19: 2:18pm On Jul 09, 2018
Correctbae2:
Still on the ongoing tithe debate, Former presidential media aide, Reno Omokri who is also a lawyer, author and a pastor took to his twitter handle to give his opinions about tithe.

According to his tweets, he said tithes are for levite and not Pastors, he further said if one does not pay tithe, things won't be tight for such person neither will the person die. Using Japan as an example, he said they have 1% population of Christian yet they are 10times Richer than Nigeria with 50% of Christians.

Read full tweet:

[b]I have read The Bible from cover to cover in multiple translations-tithes are an AGRICULTURAL tax placed on the Hebrews by God to cater for Levites who were not given any land in the promised land by Moses because God wanted them to focus on him.Tithes are for Levites not pastors
Abraham paid tithe of military plunder to Melchizedek, not earnings. If you don’t pay tithes, things wont be tight for you and you wont die. @JeffBezos became the world’s richest man through ideas not tithes. As a matter of fact, tithes have no place in Christianity!
Dear @the_olugbenga and @ayskilewa27
Today’s Levites are yesterday’s Levites. No change. A book of genealogy is maintained in Israel to identify who is and is not a Levite. Levites have names that identify them as Levites, like Cohen! You become a pastor. You are born a Levite
If riches are linked to paying tithes, how come Japan, with less than 1% Christian population is 10 times richer than Nigeria with a Christian population of almost 50%? This is even as Japan’s natural resources are 5 times less than Nigeria’s? Ideas bring more riches than tithes!
The world’s biggest church auditorium is being constructed in Nigeria. Unfortunately, we hardly hear of the world’s biggest factory, railroad, hospital or schools being built in Nigeria. Advise to the Nigerian religious community, build people, dont just build buildings[/b].

https://correct.com.ng/if-riches-are-linked-to-paying-tithes-how-come-japan-with-less-than-1-christian-population-is-10times-richer-than-nigeria-with-a-christian-population-of-50-reno-omokri/
I wish reno had this sense, guts and knowledge when he was in power with Jonathan. But pls, y is it that in Nigeria, people who govern neva have sense until they leave power? I think this is the real problem of nigeria.
Re: "Ideas Bring More Riches Than Tithes, Japan Is A Proof" - Reno Omokri by Austin4Jesus(m): 2:21pm On Jul 09, 2018
Admin401:
Nothing can help the African continent. I used to think white people caused all this but we have been hateful towards each other sincr time immemorial.
This is pure lies and brainwashing by the colonial power; believe this lie at your own peril.

Slavery was 'abolished' as a result of industrial revolution in Europ and America which made slaves useless in the plantation field. Without that, the whites will never abolish slavery.

2 Likes

Re: "Ideas Bring More Riches Than Tithes, Japan Is A Proof" - Reno Omokri by budaatum: 2:22pm On Jul 09, 2018
Reference:
I keep on repeating this. Tithing is for the financing and advancement of the kingdom, period. Whether the giver or receiver chooses to imply another reason is left to the person.
Which kingdom? Are they building condos in heaven these days? Or does 'kingdom' mean a bigger church?

Just go London, see how they are selling those buildings these days. They make good pubs and mosques, I dare say, while Londoners continue to use more of their individual wealth to build a proper Godly Kingdom, even as far as Africa!
Re: "Ideas Bring More Riches Than Tithes, Japan Is A Proof" - Reno Omokri by aribisala0(m): 2:27pm On Jul 09, 2018
Greatzeus:

I think you are probably young and do not have a 360 degree view of history.

At the time of the slave trade there were no modern state and although slavery did exist across West Africa it was not industrialized.

Though the trade in blacks as an international commodity was started by Arab Muslims. Indeed both Islam and the Catholic church approved the trade in black people.

The Europeans arrived and brought guns which they traded for slaves. This changed the balance of power in many situations and for hundreds of years the slave traade was what made previously inconsequential kingdoms great.

Imagine if an external force arrived today with some previously unknown weapon and hands it to MEND saying we will sell you these weapons to liberate you from Nigeria but in return you will sell us 100 Fulani herdsmen a month.
What would they do.

The Europeans French and others dominated the coastal areas and they had move knowledge being able to see the big picture while Africans existed in tribes and had no idea what was goiing on 200 kilometres away

The story of blacks selling blacks is a total distortion.

People often were hunting and selling their enemies

I am sure if Eboes have a chance to sell all Yorubas into slavery they would not think twice.

Slavery went on for HUNDREDS of years and many were born into it. It was an industry run by the Europeans who actually had private armies in the service of Slave companies for decades before the European powers opted for colonialism

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Ideas Bring More Riches Than Tithes, Japan Is A Proof" - Reno Omokri by Cowbuhari: 2:29pm On Jul 09, 2018
oyetunder:
[s][/s]But America was founded by Christians and built on its values. Britain too reached its peak as an anglican Nation. But why is it they you wiser people are just attacking religion and you can't show us your personal achievements for us to learn? [s][/s]

You lack cmon sense...your brain is empty grin
Re: "Ideas Bring More Riches Than Tithes, Japan Is A Proof" - Reno Omokri by Cowbuhari: 2:31pm On Jul 09, 2018
oyetunder:
[s][/s]But America was founded by Christians and built on its values. Britain too reached its peak as an anglican Nation. But why is it they you wiser people are just attacking religion and you can't show us your personal achievements for us to learn?[s][/s]

Shit full your coconot head
Re: "Ideas Bring More Riches Than Tithes, Japan Is A Proof" - Reno Omokri by budaatum: 2:35pm On Jul 09, 2018
Austin4Jesus:
This is pure lies and brainwashing by the colonial power; believe this lie at your own peril.

Slavery was 'abolished' as a result of industrial revolution in Europ and America which made slaves useless in the plantation field. Without that, the whites will never abolish slavery.
Hmm, not quite! In actual fact, some people, mostly religious people at that (though, perhaps that's because most people were religious), realised how inhumane and ungodly slavery actually was and lobbied for its abolition. Temper that though with the thought that the Churches themselves were against abolition. The Church of England had to be paid off to free every slave they owned.
Re: "Ideas Bring More Riches Than Tithes, Japan Is A Proof" - Reno Omokri by Nobody: 2:40pm On Jul 09, 2018
haryomikun:

in the past, slavery wasn't hatefulness. It was something that was considered a norm sir.

Maybe you're looking at slavery from the Black American perspective. The treatment of slaves in america was very different from the treatment of slaves in Africa.

If it was a fantastic thing why abolish it?
Re: "Ideas Bring More Riches Than Tithes, Japan Is A Proof" - Reno Omokri by Dasherz(f): 2:42pm On Jul 09, 2018
you won't understand cos maybe u are part of the brain washed populace ... in as much as i do pay my tithe but it is true .. ideas brings wealth ..

a christian pays tithe and expects the window of heaven to be opened while he folds his hands and waits .. God makes the works of your hands prosper .. and your hands gets to work when ideas are being cultivated there wealth is created
amaniro:
don't even understand this Omokri guy

2 Likes

Re: "Ideas Bring More Riches Than Tithes, Japan Is A Proof" - Reno Omokri by dermmy(m): 2:42pm On Jul 09, 2018
InvertedHammer:
/
Waste of time.

Africans are intellectually lazy. Give them books, they may come out with first class from " cramming and vomiting" but challenge them on the practices of learned principles and it becomes clear that they are tabulae rasa.

Instead of working smart, they believe in miracles from outside sources for success. Talk about low self-esteem. Anyone who thinks that tithing, beheading another human and scamming are the only ways to success is suffering from an incurable innate affliction. Most Nigerians believe these myths and the churches are benefiting from their ignorance.
/

I'm one of those people who cram pls what's the meaning of tabulae rasa? grin
Re: "Ideas Bring More Riches Than Tithes, Japan Is A Proof" - Reno Omokri by haryomikun(m): 2:47pm On Jul 09, 2018
Admin401:

If it was a fantastic thing why abolish it?
I never implied slavery to be fantastic... Use your head

Besides it was abolished because the world changed.

Just like in years to come some of the practices we consider normal will be considered disgusting to a new generation
Re: "Ideas Bring More Riches Than Tithes, Japan Is A Proof" - Reno Omokri by treasureboy09(m): 2:48pm On Jul 09, 2018
Tithe has never and will never be our problem, our problem is lack of quality/idealistic leadership, all these guys attacking pastors, go and attack your LG Chairmen, Counsellors, Law makers etc......start from there, no body is forcing anyone to pay tithe.....
Re: "Ideas Bring More Riches Than Tithes, Japan Is A Proof" - Reno Omokri by Nobody: 2:53pm On Jul 09, 2018
haryomikun:

I never implied slavery to be fantastic... Use your head

Besides it was abolished because the world changed.

Just like in years to come some of the practices we consider normal will be considered disgusting to a new generation

Mention one of such practise.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Ideas Bring More Riches Than Tithes, Japan Is A Proof" - Reno Omokri by phemmyfour: 3:00pm On Jul 09, 2018
ladyF:
The problem with Nigerians is they wait for miracles that will never happen. An average religious Nigerian will rather go to church and be shouting "AMEN AMEN" to all the prayers for divine favor/miracle jobs/money, forgetting that God will not come down and give you work. The only thing that can bring revenue for you is the value that you add, not the amount of time you spend singing and dancing, not the so called sacrificial seeds that you sow, not the tithes.

Make i go continue my search for bitcoin to buy sha... Check my signature.. Best rate always. kiss

It's LadyF again. grin grin grin
I guess its religion that makes our leaders not fix the roads lights etc.

Is Saudi not doing fine economically? Religion was there when $1=N1. The other day, they were blaming big brother. BBN has come and gone and our problems are still there. Until we put pressure on our leaders to perform, nothing will change
Re: "Ideas Bring More Riches Than Tithes, Japan Is A Proof" - Reno Omokri by budaatum: 3:00pm On Jul 09, 2018
dermmy:

I'm one of those people who cram pls what's the meaning of tabulae rasa? grin
Some foreign language for "rice is on the table, let's eat".

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Myles Munroe The False Teacher Dies / Mike Bamiloye: You Are A Hired Assassin, If You Dress Seductively To Church / Strictly Supernatural!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.