Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,317 members, 7,811,944 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:25 AM

Why You Shouldn't Cheat On Your Husband If He's From Delta. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why You Shouldn't Cheat On Your Husband If He's From Delta. (10210 Views)

“why I Won’t Assist My Husband If He’s Struggling Financially” – Nigerian Lady / Lady Seriously In Need Of Husband - "If You Are Looking For A Wife, Come And Mar / Will You Tell Your Husband If Another Man Is Asking You Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why You Shouldn't Cheat On Your Husband If He's From Delta. by Nobody: 6:55pm On Jul 09, 2018
Why you shouldn't cheat on your husband if he's from delta.

Please, this is to women married to urhobo and isoko men of delta state.
Don't ever cheat on them, Biko!!

Delta state is a very complicated and complex state when it comes to traditional and religious stuffs. If a woman cheats on an urhobo or isoko man and the man doesn't take up the matter seriously, he'll die.

It doesn't matter whether he did traditional marriage or only registry marriage as long as he's from isoko or urhobo. Ancestors are following him, even he run to America to do only registry marriage with a white woman and the woman cheats on him with another man and he was informed, if he dismisses it as a joke because he trust you and he doesn't take up the matter he'll die.

See, whether he's Christian or not ,this thing is very active. Anybody from delta state can confirm what I'm saying now.

When I was younger because of this stuffs, I used to say that I'll skip traditional marriage and do only registry.. I thought that those stuffs are superstitious or works only on men who pay bride price but now even though I'm married I've known much.

As long as the man is from isoko or urhobo, he'll die if you cheat on him and he still eat your food or still have sex with you.

This ancestors or traditional something is kinda sexist, yes . If a man cheats nothing will happen but if a woman cheat the man is a dead man.

I don't think this happen in igbo, Yoruba and other major tribes too else their women won't be cheating anyhow.

Many isoko and urhobo men have died because of this matter.

If you're married to an igbo or yoruba man, you can cheat anyhow you wish .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why You Shouldn't Cheat On Your Husband If He's From Delta. by highpriestess: 7:04pm On Jul 09, 2018
your death awaits you!!grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why You Shouldn't Cheat On Your Husband If He's From Delta. by helen4(f): 7:09pm On Jul 09, 2018
I bet to disagree, not all Isoko and Urhobo my brother. I am 100% certified Isoko in culture, language and belief. it has some parts that has that culture but not all. Make your research and Get your fact right please .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why You Shouldn't Cheat On Your Husband If He's From Delta. by Nobody: 7:14pm On Jul 09, 2018
helen4:
I bet to disagree, not all Isoko and Urhobo my brother. I am 100% certified Isoko in culture, language and belief. it has some parts that has that culture but not all. Make your research and Get your fact right please .

Lies from the pit of hell.. Ask your elders, please.

If your wife cheat on you and you get informed, if you dismiss it as false because you trust your wife without taking up the matter. You'll die if you have sex with her or eat her food.

It doesn't matter whether you did traditional marriage or not . Whether you got married in America or Nigeria.

7 Likes

Re: Why You Shouldn't Cheat On Your Husband If He's From Delta. by charlesazeh(m): 7:51pm On Jul 09, 2018
So true bro.. Once you are aware she cheated and never cleansed before eating her food or sex with her then RIP

Hanseel1:

Lies from the pit of hell.. Ask your elders, please.

If your wife cheat on you and you get informed, if you dismiss it as false because you trust your wife without taking up the matter. You'll die if you have sex with her or eat her food.

It doesn't matter whether you did traditional marriage or not . Whether you got married in America or Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Why You Shouldn't Cheat On Your Husband If He's From Delta. by charlesazeh(m): 7:52pm On Jul 09, 2018
helen4:

Maybe they have hidden this truth from you for unknown reasons but if truly you are isoko my sister just ask well... To avoid June 12
Re: Why You Shouldn't Cheat On Your Husband If He's From Delta. by Kingcacy(m): 7:56pm On Jul 09, 2018
I love you marisdgreat am happy to know you in my life
Re: Why You Shouldn't Cheat On Your Husband If He's From Delta. by victorian(f): 8:03pm On Jul 09, 2018
Op your information is false.
If urhobo or isoko Man marries from any tribe even his own tribe, anywhere in world but didn't do traditional marriage, he won't die, the wife won't die, nobody will die. If she cheats.
But if the traditional marriage is done? And she cheats, the woman or her children dies mysteriously. That's how it works. Even if they later travel abroad after the traditional marriage, and she cheats, she dies.. Not the man. That's in the days of my dad.
Maybe they've now changed it to be killing the man, just maybe? I can't say. But from onset, the cheating woman is the one who dies. Op where are u from?

3 Likes

Re: Why You Shouldn't Cheat On Your Husband If He's From Delta. by Nobody: 8:04pm On Jul 09, 2018
not only in delta..even edo sef.if the man knows his wife bleeps around and he still eats her food or has sex with her he go die.the way i hear am...the man will start swelling up and after that he expires.why u do u think ini edo"s esan husband broke up with her.....but for this to happen there has to be a traditional marriage.

2 Likes

Re: Why You Shouldn't Cheat On Your Husband If He's From Delta. by HouseOfWine: 8:07pm On Jul 09, 2018
grin
Re: Why You Shouldn't Cheat On Your Husband If He's From Delta. by Bluezy13(m): 8:22pm On Jul 09, 2018
Even in Akwa Ibom. They call it ekponkawo. Don't know if the spelling is correct but it works somehow differently
Re: Why You Shouldn't Cheat On Your Husband If He's From Delta. by victorian(f): 8:23pm On Jul 09, 2018
HouseOfWine:
grin

Why the grin? smiley
Re: Why You Shouldn't Cheat On Your Husband If He's From Delta. by luminouz(m): 8:25pm On Jul 09, 2018
helen4:
My isoko baby!!!!
I lived in emevor and ozoro(isoko north LGA) for a while!!! grin
Re: Why You Shouldn't Cheat On Your Husband If He's From Delta. by Nobody: 8:42pm On Jul 09, 2018
even some parts of Enugu state the law still exist there, it would have been a great idea if the law swings both way for the man and woman. the gods are sexist
Re: Why You Shouldn't Cheat On Your Husband If He's From Delta. by Asquare84(m): 8:44pm On Jul 09, 2018
In some part of idoma speaking tribe of benue state it applicable too. I use to think it was a mere superstition until it happen to my uncle and he died till today
Re: Why You Shouldn't Cheat On Your Husband If He's From Delta. by Nobody: 9:24pm On Jul 09, 2018
These are scare tactics carried over the years as a form of behavioural control. It's origin is steeped in the desire to check immoral behaviour between couples, thus the typical precautionary allusion to death.

Like most African traditions, it's typically sexist and made to check women.

It does not work. If someone drops dead, have the self awareness to conduct an autopsy.

10 Likes

Re: Why You Shouldn't Cheat On Your Husband If He's From Delta. by Agadsman(m): 9:33pm On Jul 09, 2018
The same thing happens in my place too (Orokam Benue state). I don't like this particular tradition because it causes trust issues between couples. Imagine a scenario where someone who hates your family lies to you that your wife is cheating on you while she isn't and to save yourself, you go to ask your wife and she says she didn't cheat on you. Will there be trust in that family again?? I so much hate that I come from that part of idoma and i'm seriously thinking if I will ever marry especially with the types of ladies we have in this generation. The thing weak me.
Re: Why You Shouldn't Cheat On Your Husband If He's From Delta. by Agadsman(m): 9:35pm On Jul 09, 2018
boostdom:
These are scare tactics carried over the years as a form of behavioural control. It's origin is steeped in the desire to check immoral behaviour between couples, thus the typical precautionary allusion to death.

Like most African traditions, it's typically sexist and made to check women.

It does not work. If someone drops dead, have the self awareness to conduct an autopsy.

It works bro. You don't have to believe it but it works!

2 Likes

Re: Why You Shouldn't Cheat On Your Husband If He's From Delta. by HouseOfWine: 9:35pm On Jul 09, 2018
victorian:

Why the grin? smiley

Because African Ancestors are just sh1t heads, to inspire us to build innovations or save us from mental slavery NO, their own job is to kill a husband that has a cheating wife, like WTF do they want to do with the guy in hell

grin

2 Likes

Re: Why You Shouldn't Cheat On Your Husband If He's From Delta. by helen4(f): 9:37pm On Jul 09, 2018
charlesazeh:

Maybe they have hidden this truth from you for unknown reasons but if truly you are isoko my sister just ask well... To avoid June 12
read my comment again. I said not all isoko. Quote me anywhere my dear. I no be born throway o
Re: Why You Shouldn't Cheat On Your Husband If He's From Delta. by Amarabae(f): 9:37pm On Jul 09, 2018
So if a man cheat, nothing happens but if a woman cheats, wahala!
sad sad
Re: Why You Shouldn't Cheat On Your Husband If He's From Delta. by helen4(f): 9:39pm On Jul 09, 2018
luminouz:

My isoko baby!!!!
I lived in emevor and ozoro(isoko north LGA) for a while!!! grin
only two towns out of all. My dear each village, community and town has theirs. That's why I said check your fact well. Ozoro and emevor! hian.
Re: Why You Shouldn't Cheat On Your Husband If He's From Delta. by victorian(f): 10:10pm On Jul 09, 2018
HouseOfWine:

Because African Ancestors are just sh1t heads, to inspire us to build innovations or save us from mental slavery NO, their own job is to kill a husband that has a cheating wife, like WTF do they want to do with the guy in hell

grin

Lol cheesy

Honestly am surprised too.

Cos what I know and what have seen is the cheating wife swelling up and decaying if she cheats on her man and still go ahead and have sex with her husband. Or her kids dying mysteriously. Or a cheating wife cannot give birth to her baby during labour, she will labour for days unless she confess. And immediately she confess, with a native priest around, after some incantations she delivers her baby then die afterwards..
That's the one I know and have seen happen.
Not husbands dying over a cheating wife. I know it's Edo people that has such curse of husband dying . Not urhobo where I come from Na wife dey die.

At the traditional marriage, immediately the blood of a life goat is held down, cut and spilled on her legs, with some incantations, then it's over and done with.. She dares not cheat or she dies.
Re: Why You Shouldn't Cheat On Your Husband If He's From Delta. by Nobody: 10:10pm On Jul 09, 2018
Some people will argue and say it doesn't work.

Don't worry, just go and marry traditionally there,cheat on your husband,then you will see it working with your korokoro eyes.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why You Shouldn't Cheat On Your Husband If He's From Delta. by Nobody: 10:11pm On Jul 09, 2018
Agadsman:

It works bro. You don't have to believe it but it works!

Bro, without revealing more than necessary, I know it does not work.

This phenomenon is just an offshoot of the many beliefs our forefathers indulged in when confronted with situations they could not explain.
Re: Why You Shouldn't Cheat On Your Husband If He's From Delta. by Agadsman(m): 10:14pm On Jul 09, 2018
boostdom:

This phenomenon is just an offshoot of the many beliefs our forefathers indulged in when confronted with situations they could not explain.

Many doubting Thomases have gone to their graves due to ignorance because of this same culture. Like I said, you don't need to believe it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why You Shouldn't Cheat On Your Husband If He's From Delta. by Nobody: 10:30pm On Jul 09, 2018
Amarabae:
sad sad
If a woman cheat the man dies.The juju is favourable to women because na the man go suffer am.
Re: Why You Shouldn't Cheat On Your Husband If He's From Delta. by luminouz(m): 10:39pm On Jul 09, 2018
helen4:
only two towns out of all. My dear each village, community and town has theirs. That's why I said check your fact well. Ozoro and emevor! hian.
Ion give a rat's ass about d voodoo topic babe....
I just said I've been n lived in ozoro n emevor.....as a foreigner
wetin consign me with magun or infidelity ish....
Re: Why You Shouldn't Cheat On Your Husband If He's From Delta. by TemporaryHansel: 1:24am On Jul 10, 2018

1 Like

Re: Why You Shouldn't Cheat On Your Husband If He's From Delta. by TemporaryHansel: 1:24am On Jul 10, 2018

2 Likes

Re: Why You Shouldn't Cheat On Your Husband If He's From Delta. by TemporaryHansel: 1:25am On Jul 10, 2018
boostdom:

I don't think it matters whether you believe it or not, as long you're from isoko or urhobo you're in.( At least, that's what older folks say)
Re: Why You Shouldn't Cheat On Your Husband If He's From Delta. by TemporaryHansel: 1:26am On Jul 10, 2018
Amarabae:
sad sad

Most African stuff are sexist and patriarchal.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Spanish Gold Fly Available / 20 Secrets Ladies Admire But Some Guys Doesn't Know / What Does Sweet In The Middle Mean, In Reference To A Fat Person

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.