Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,813 members, 7,810,125 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:14 PM

What Next For Obafemi Awolowo University (After Closure)? - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Next For Obafemi Awolowo University (After Closure)? (5093 Views)

Beautiful Pictures Of Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-ife / Jang Renames Plateau University After Chief Solomon Lar / 2010/2011 Post Ume For Obafemi Awolowo University Is Finally Out! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Next For Obafemi Awolowo University (After Closure)? by longest(m): 8:25pm On Mar 29, 2007
people who graduate at 26 now are beginning to have problems due to stringent job requirements.could anyone pls help me tell them that somebody should initiate it at the congress that there must be no unionism in oau 4 sometime.this sub leaders will excel in pdp,ac etc.
oau students:"age is strongly becoming a job determining factor.if u doubt it ,go to any GTB test at law school.watch out for the date of the test on nairaland and go there.when u leave the place,and get to school and c any FOOL pushing the school into crises,u will shout him down.when gtb tells u to bring ur national identity card and start relating it with ur credentials
babcock,covenant and igbins kids are taking over the best of all the jobs.
u siddon 4 dat bush dey make noise

saburi abi wetin dem call him name ?mumu
Re: What Next For Obafemi Awolowo University (After Closure)? by Amario(m): 1:18am On Mar 30, 2007
Its no longer news when people see us at home. The first thing that comes to their minds is that what happened AGAIN.
Great Ife are we really Great? This is a question we constantly have to ask ourself.
Our situation has gone so bad that one is confused on who is right or wrong. Everyone claims to be right. Both the School admistration and the student union.
One thing I see that kills IFE is PRIDE from all facets of Leadership.
On this issue of closure it wouldn't cause the school anything to have given the one week students asked for on the other hand what will it cause the Student Union to have demanded for maybe Three (3days) when they see that that the u admistration is not willing to let go.

WAY FORWARD
I will like to say that our leaders(school Adm) should plan ahead to avoid urgly circumstances Like this and also never take the students(Student union) for granted, Take for instance if the VC knows that he wasn't going to extend the exams further, He would have ensured that he made this very very clear to all the students and staff(Lecturers) through to use of bills and posters and also through heads of different organisation e.g Fellowships, registered clubs e.t.c
Again he would have ensured strictly that no lecture goes on during the lecture free week. this he would have done cautioning the lecturers way before time to finish their syllabus at the required time(With this there would have been no crises).
This shows that there need be better and more efficient communication btw the School Admistration and the Students at large. Also non of our Leaders should see themself as "OGA" they have all come to SERVE and not to be SERVED
Re: What Next For Obafemi Awolowo University (After Closure)? by birdman(m): 4:16am On Mar 30, 2007
:-x
Re: What Next For Obafemi Awolowo University (After Closure)? by birdman(m): 4:21am On Mar 30, 2007
Amario:

I will like to say that our leaders(school Adm) should plan ahead to avoid urgly circumstances Like this and also never take the students(Student union) for granted, Take for instance if the VC knows that he wasn't going to extend the exams further, He would have ensured that he made this very very clear to all the students and staff(Lecturers) through to use of bills and posters and also through heads of different organisation e.g Fellowships, registered clubs e.t.c
Again he would have ensured strictly that no lecture goes on during the lecture free week. this he would have done cautioning the lecturers way before time to finish their syllabus at the required time(With this there would have been no crises).

Jesus, this is what makes me scratch my head. Where else in the world do students think thy can dictate or need to be consulted on exam schedule? It would be funny if not for the extra years everybody has to go through.
Re: What Next For Obafemi Awolowo University (After Closure)? by Muyee(m): 2:43pm On Mar 30, 2007
GREAT IFE. GREATEST OF THE GRETEST GBA GBA.
It's like our great school will be reopened after elections, I just hope this ASUU strike will not affect us too. i'm just sorry for we the Part one students whowere so happy for been admitted to Nigeria's best university and Africa's most beautiful campus.
Re: What Next For Obafemi Awolowo University (After Closure)? by Ndipe(m): 3:09am On Mar 31, 2007
Africa's most beautiful campus? When did you arrive at the conclusion that OAU is the most beautiful campus in Africa. I even heard such, but were they any survey done on other campuses in Africa to come to such conclusions? The picture of the hostel that I saw on this board, is enough to convince anybody that OAU is overrated.
Re: What Next For Obafemi Awolowo University (After Closure)? by pj5(f): 4:38am On Apr 01, 2007
got into skul with 2000 jamb this is 2007 and am still in skul.my prayer is that we don't miss law skul.as far as am concerned oau needs a revolution againt self seeking and unresonable student leaders.our future is the koko here.
Re: What Next For Obafemi Awolowo University (After Closure)? by MAYORIN1(m): 6:05pm On Apr 02, 2007
OAU - is one of the best university in Nigeria. I fell in love with the school at the last NUGA games. I love the way and manner the students portray themselves.

Very live, exhilarating and enthusiatic students.

I remember the Final match between OAU and the host school, even though OAU lost the game but then the students were more cheerful than the host school that won the match.

ANd your Anthem - Da bomb; it drives me , grin Up Great IFE
Re: What Next For Obafemi Awolowo University (After Closure)? by kosoro1(f): 9:11pm On Apr 02, 2007
Part of sport complex got burnt not the whole complex, at least ola gold and platinum's line still exist. The place looks so terrible. fingerlicks, success line, that gift shop opposite success all gone sad . I heard they (the skool authority) will remove N500 from all staff salary to build the place back. Something has to be done to help those pple.
Re: What Next For Obafemi Awolowo University (After Closure)? by HEZKI: 2:01am On Apr 03, 2007
hello guyz wats up, am hezki, sounds familiar?
whos online?
from what i heard scl is not resuming until may/june undecided undecided
Re: What Next For Obafemi Awolowo University (After Closure)? by Nobody: 11:43am On Apr 03, 2007
Re: What Next For Obafemi Awolowo University (After Closure)? by lagtim(m): 12:52pm On Apr 03, 2007
Both sides have their inadequacies, but I think the VC should have acted maturely in handling the situation. He was a bit harsh in handling the situation. The lecture free week should have being given, and the examination time-table reviewed. The length of the first semester break could even be shortened, if the SUG insisted on the lecture free week. I think the VC was just trying to stamp his authority, and I hope this kind of attitude will not continue for the next 3 years he has left on his tenure.
Re: What Next For Obafemi Awolowo University (After Closure)? by aycd44(m): 8:59am On Apr 14, 2007
i think we have to wait and pray that ASUU will call off the strike after election.
Re: What Next For Obafemi Awolowo University (After Closure)? by Orikinla(m): 1:18am On Apr 16, 2007
Is it not ironical that President Obasanjo and Vice President Abubakar neglect our universities and then loot our treasury to establish their own private universities where they charge fees beyond the means of the majority of poor people in Nigeria.

I don't support schools for only those who can afford the fees in Nigeria.
I want equal standards of education for all.

(1) (2) (Reply)

See What Prof. Dibu Ojerinde Meant By Scrapping Of Post Utme / LASU 2012/13 Post UTME Test Results Released / National Broadcast Academy Entrance Examination

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.