Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,548 members, 7,823,398 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:43 AM

Would You Spend 75% Of Your Life Savings On Your Girlfriend? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Would You Spend 75% Of Your Life Savings On Your Girlfriend? (7463 Views)

75% Of Women Are Unlikely To Date Jobless Men / How To Know If Your Girlfriend Is Cheating On You / What Would You Talk About On The Phone With Your Girlfriend? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would You Spend 75% Of Your Life Savings On Your Girlfriend? by axeman85(m): 11:33am On Jun 11, 2010
@poster

sorry to say BUT its very strange, if you were the one in the usa now and her in naija and wanting her to come over then its a different case. even as things tough for obodo oyinbo. am sure she must bedong some sort of small or menial job and be have been able to gather something. abeg it cant be that bad that she wont be able to afford 20% or 30% of her flight cost jare. well even as its a nice thing to do. i wouldnt think i would do such BUT i cant be sure as i am not in such position.
Re: Would You Spend 75% Of Your Life Savings On Your Girlfriend? by suggyspic: 11:37am On Jun 11, 2010
U dont have to do that. why not engage her online and tell her once she comes home u would tight the knots. dat why you would know if she is really ready to settle down with you.
for me my advice is outright no
Re: Would You Spend 75% Of Your Life Savings On Your Girlfriend? by 190: 11:48am On Jun 11, 2010
mama-gee:

What if I told you I'm not interested? tongue
ok, ok i understand mama~
but u simply have to gimme a chance~
am i not worth it~
Re: Would You Spend 75% Of Your Life Savings On Your Girlfriend? by femmy2010(m): 11:52am On Jun 11, 2010
Have never been to the so called western world but i know one thing for sure that it is not as easy as people thing it is.You would be surprise that someone would tell you he/she sincerely and frankly doesnt have a 100 pound/a $100 at a certain point in time.
Obey your heart.
Re: Would You Spend 75% Of Your Life Savings On Your Girlfriend? by princekevo(m): 11:54am On Jun 11, 2010
No!!! That is equal to foolishness man.
Re: Would You Spend 75% Of Your Life Savings On Your Girlfriend? by fesse(f): 11:58am On Jun 11, 2010
Not advisable period!
Re: Would You Spend 75% Of Your Life Savings On Your Girlfriend? by femmy2010(m): 11:59am On Jun 11, 2010
i am sure we all are foolish cos we might at a certain point in our life taken certain risk with people
Re: Would You Spend 75% Of Your Life Savings On Your Girlfriend? by idifu(m): 12:00pm On Jun 11, 2010
oui if she will be loyal
Re: Would You Spend 75% Of Your Life Savings On Your Girlfriend? by stonecold2(m): 12:01pm On Jun 11, 2010
no period,
Re: Would You Spend 75% Of Your Life Savings On Your Girlfriend? by femmy2010(m): 12:03pm On Jun 11, 2010
You wear the shoe and you know how well it fit or does not fit.
Obey your heart.
Period
Re: Would You Spend 75% Of Your Life Savings On Your Girlfriend? by Nobody: 12:11pm On Jun 11, 2010
@ Poster, a tough one i must admit. . . following ur heart or reasoning wif ur head.
but honestly from experiences i've heard 'bout, i really don't fink dat'll be a wise decision. it tends to backfire most often.

Last Resort: 50-50. Anything above dat, No Way!
Re: Would You Spend 75% Of Your Life Savings On Your Girlfriend? by Nobody: 12:14pm On Jun 11, 2010
Basildon1:

Is there any point answerin this, from the way the poster has placed this question,it's obvious that he knows he is embarking on a money spending spree that lacks any sense

Meanwhile,U have not finished school, u r thinking about engagement and marriage, Think like a real man, you think getting married is 'beans', what a child. Career,money,marriage,
Word bro!. . . . Word!
Re: Would You Spend 75% Of Your Life Savings On Your Girlfriend? by DoubleN(m): 12:19pm On Jun 11, 2010
No Comment. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Would You Spend 75% Of Your Life Savings On Your Girlfriend? by BROCASSIE: 12:20pm On Jun 11, 2010
my brother,it's a good thing to fall  in love,but  it  also very  good to be  true  to urself ,u are a student,remember u  have to also  settle ur school fees and other expenses,if  u  spend  75% on her ticket, and the remaining 25% to  take  care of  her  while here,u  will be  left with nothing,how wil  u  pay  for  her return ticket,u  wil go borrowing.let  me  tell  u  of  my past experence with my fiance(wil are getting marry this year),I was working with an oil services firm when I met her,I did every thing u can think of when someone have money can do,but last  year august ,I lost my  job,my brother it is by the grace of almigty God that I am still with her,after two weeks of   being out of that job,she  became  a change person,she  almost  forget  how  I have  always lavished her with gift,mind u  she  is  not bad person,but that is  the nature of  a woman,they  tend to believe more on what they can see now. my advise to is that  if  u  cannot  comfortably sponsor her trip to and fro,don't do it now,because u may be the loser if she become stranded in  Nigeria,she  wil  never forgive.remember she is no longer the person she was whlie she was here,she now more sophisticated with western culture.
Re: Would You Spend 75% Of Your Life Savings On Your Girlfriend? by Vavavoom(m): 12:21pm On Jun 11, 2010
@ topic,

Yours must be a teaser
So u aim to please her
V o x  p  o p  u l i !  ah!
We gazing @ a Geezer
kokofully missing her,
Seen it in your eyes now, the big booty squeezer
Re: Would You Spend 75% Of Your Life Savings On Your Girlfriend? by jaybee3(m): 12:25pm On Jun 11, 2010
75% of your life savings?
What happens if things don't go as planned, she comes down, you guys don't get along and d relationship breaks down?
Don't do what you can't afford and being stupid for love ain't gonna increase your stock value.
Re: Would You Spend 75% Of Your Life Savings On Your Girlfriend? by leo2009(m): 12:30pm On Jun 11, 2010
@POSTER, U WILL B D BIGEST FOOL IN D WORLD 2 TO DAT, 75% OF UR SAVINDS ON A RELATIONSHIP THAT CAN END IN 20 MINUTES TIME, I PITY U
Re: Would You Spend 75% Of Your Life Savings On Your Girlfriend? by moonraker(m): 12:33pm On Jun 11, 2010
time to run very far away frm yur gf
Re: Would You Spend 75% Of Your Life Savings On Your Girlfriend? by ozoluaohis(m): 12:34pm On Jun 11, 2010
Oga Poster, is it at dis time and age dat we have economic issues and unemployment indices increasing astronomically dat u want to blow your life savings on a girl who is not your wife? Haba Oga Poster, you are thinking with your waist I swear! I am sorry if i sound a bit off or insultive but dude use your head. Leave love and sentiments out of it, when u see spade call am spade, no use police tactics take kall white black! Dude u want to impress woman when u have not even impressed urself dat u kan do better by increasing ur self-worth! Naija men and women in yankee and jand hussle even if dem dey skool!
Guy abeg tink twice!
Re: Would You Spend 75% Of Your Life Savings On Your Girlfriend? by kshow1(m): 12:44pm On Jun 11, 2010
@ poster : please tell me you are thinking with your third leg.
Re: Would You Spend 75% Of Your Life Savings On Your Girlfriend? by eros(m): 12:49pm On Jun 11, 2010
You must be out of your mind to ever ponder on such an idea. WHAT!!!! 75% of your life savings, then she arrives, access your lifestyle here and decides she deserves better and can get better where she is coming from. What do you do then, ask her to refund your money?

I believe in love and would do anything for love, but not at the expense of my life savings. Common man think with your head and not your d.i.c.k. If you can comfortably afford her flight ticket and other expenses whilst she is here, then no big deal. But if you have to blow your life savings, bro forget it. Trust me, it ain't worth it. You still have a long way ahead of you, sooner or later you will find out that life is not the way you think it is. Just my 2 kobo
Re: Would You Spend 75% Of Your Life Savings On Your Girlfriend? by Kennyblues(m): 12:55pm On Jun 11, 2010
I can never be tired of supporting mama-gee with her contributions on NL. controversial as she may sound but she is just saying the truth - you know truth hurts.

Young man why not concentrate on other things that add values to your life instead of thinking about spending fortune on a girl that can leave you tomorrow, even on arrival, for a higher bidder.
Re: Would You Spend 75% Of Your Life Savings On Your Girlfriend? by coschuks(m): 12:57pm On Jun 11, 2010
but why?, i dey craze?.
Re: Would You Spend 75% Of Your Life Savings On Your Girlfriend? by Vavavoom(m): 1:02pm On Jun 11, 2010
@ poster, Time's forever, but love is blind and someone said we shouldn't let it take over our mind and that what we think is love is truly not and that if we elevate we'll truly find. Both supportive and oppossive opinions mean well for you. There's a part in all of us that seek our other half while they are far and away, for you yours is distant and while it is expedient to demonstrate love by pushing the envelope it will be accounted wise unto thee to wait on love. Those who love us will ALWAYS wait at the end. You have time<young graduate> she loves you, she'll wait for you to be the man you seek now to be. Go, tell her if she's yours she'll wait for that man who you'll be tomorrow.
Re: Would You Spend 75% Of Your Life Savings On Your Girlfriend? by Nobody: 1:12pm On Jun 11, 2010
Why are people discouraging him from spending the money he has to see his girl?

It's not like he's draining his years and years of hard earned money which he has been saving for his children and children's children!

The guy's a student for God's sakes and the money is his savings from a holiday job.

If I can remember correctly from my school days, some guys used to blow such funds away throwing stupid parties during the first week of resumption. This one wants to spend it on his girl and y'all are opening your mouths wide! angry angry
Re: Would You Spend 75% Of Your Life Savings On Your Girlfriend? by titsqueez(m): 1:29pm On Jun 11, 2010
even if her abuna na gold plated and diamond encrusted. i wont spend 0.5% talk less of 75%. But if she me wife thats a diff. matter
Re: Would You Spend 75% Of Your Life Savings On Your Girlfriend? by otukpo(f): 1:30pm On Jun 11, 2010
I wont mind if a man can spend that on me smiley
Re: Would You Spend 75% Of Your Life Savings On Your Girlfriend? by ogzille(m): 1:33pm On Jun 11, 2010
My Bro, the issue first is that it seems u are nt really at home with spending such an amount on her.

Is she not contributin anything at all for her air ticket?

For me, i can only spend that amount if its life saving else i only spend what i can get over with fast on her because she can get over with me fast (afterall we are not married)
Re: Would You Spend 75% Of Your Life Savings On Your Girlfriend? by Vavavoom(m): 1:41pm On Jun 11, 2010
@Uju,

No need for the crazy mama drama, have your opinion but accord space for another's irrespective of your feelings. Na maturity be dat.
We have a situation of a young ish man who wants to bear the brunt of a lady, not next door, miles and miles away from him, the guy gets worried between trying to grow his wealth(savings) and blowing it on a G.friend's trip that will last minutes! Uju, picture your brother in this dire strait, look him in the eyes and tell him to blow his savings because he's according to you a ''student and there are others who blow it, ''  Why bite more than he can chew? Why try to bring tomorrow now? To and from US will cost nothing less than Nairas 300K, add jolly expense when she gets here and we dey talk like another 30K(being moderate). That money no reach to take start small biz wey go make their life beta tomorrow? I tell you something, if the poster is man enough and seeks a better tomorrow he'll tell his girl this dilemma and if she's worthy enough, she'll sell him a biz proposal and help him grow it. If na olofofo she be naim be say after dem see finish na back to square one. Uju, did u read that part where the poster said he has plans to propose and marry her the year after? E neva graduate, no work, no career, yet im wan keep woman for house. Enough said.
Re: Would You Spend 75% Of Your Life Savings On Your Girlfriend? by ladi02(m): 1:46pm On Jun 11, 2010
@OP,

My opinion you initiated the idea of her coming to naij since you probably cant go over, and she suggested you pay grin
I think shes actually indifferent on coming to see you or else she would be wise to offer to pay part of the fares
Oga, dont waste your money on her, infact i think you should forget her, my opinion angry
Re: Would You Spend 75% Of Your Life Savings On Your Girlfriend? by Vavavoom(m): 1:53pm On Jun 11, 2010
otukpo:

I wont mind if a man can spend that on me smiley

Of course neither any man on him. The question is would you let a prospective suitorman you sincerely hope to marry blow 75% of his savings and another 25% on jollification to please you with recourse to zero bank balance?
Re: Would You Spend 75% Of Your Life Savings On Your Girlfriend? by jbloggs(m): 1:57pm On Jun 11, 2010
I would rather spend it on my parent if they are alive and if not, on my siblings.
I will spend the other 25% with her if it comes to that.
We will build our family on 25%, that is how we will know if she is resourceful or a waster.
Why give all that to my wife does she not have a life savings too?
Let her bring her 25% too then it will become something much to work with.

For me it is a no go area, we will agree about that,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

<<<....>>> / Keyan Girl Exposes Cleavages On Bent Pant. What Do You Guys Think ? / Minutes Of SMAN Meeting Held Today.(No laughing)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.