Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,858 members, 7,813,931 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:48 PM

Would You Spend 75% Of Your Life Savings On Your Girlfriend? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Would You Spend 75% Of Your Life Savings On Your Girlfriend? (7455 Views)

75% Of Women Are Unlikely To Date Jobless Men / How To Know If Your Girlfriend Is Cheating On You / What Would You Talk About On The Phone With Your Girlfriend? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would You Spend 75% Of Your Life Savings On Your Girlfriend? by MrBlack1: 11:32pm On Jun 10, 2010
Hello Nairalander's,

I am about to take a decision and would really appreciate your candid opinions on this Issue. I am a young man who happens to be a student, but work during the holidays. I have a girlfriend based in the US whom i have been dating for 5 years. She has only resided in the US for 1 1/2 years and intends to come visit but cannot afford to buy her air fare ticket.

I was able to save some money from my last vacation job and if i have to get her air ticket, then i will be left with only 25% of my savings which will still be spent upon her arrival and stay with me. I am not too comfortable with the long period we have stayed apart and believe this is an opportunity for us to define our relationship. I do intend to ENGAGE her when she arrives and then plan for marriage towards the end of next year when i must have graduated from school.

Now the Question is, if you were in my shoes, would you spend almost all of your savings for your girlfriend? And if you must know i really care about her and love her a lot. Keep your honest comments coming.
Re: Would You Spend 75% Of Your Life Savings On Your Girlfriend? by Osama10(m): 11:35pm On Jun 10, 2010
No.
Re: Would You Spend 75% Of Your Life Savings On Your Girlfriend? by femmy2010(m): 11:45pm On Jun 10, 2010
If i can convince myself she very much luv me then nothing wrong about that.
Re: Would You Spend 75% Of Your Life Savings On Your Girlfriend? by MrBlack1: 11:52pm On Jun 10, 2010
@ Osama & femmy 2010, Thanks guys.
Re: Would You Spend 75% Of Your Life Savings On Your Girlfriend? by mamagee3(f): 12:03am On Jun 11, 2010
If I were a man, I wouldn't do it.

Any man who does that is dumb as well as ignorant.

1 Like

Re: Would You Spend 75% Of Your Life Savings On Your Girlfriend? by MrBlack1: 12:11am On Jun 11, 2010
mama-gee:

Any man who does that is[b] dumb[/b] as well as[b] ignorant[/b].

@ mama_gee, why would you say that?
Re: Would You Spend 75% Of Your Life Savings On Your Girlfriend? by saintneo(m): 12:17am On Jun 11, 2010
[size=58pt]@poster: it's only a dream[/size]
Re: Would You Spend 75% Of Your Life Savings On Your Girlfriend? by MrBlack1: 12:21am On Jun 11, 2010
[/quote][quote author=saintneo link=topic=460947.msg6191795#msg6191795 date=1276211849]
[size=58pt]@poster: it's only a dream[/size]

Meaning, you would not do such a thing?
Re: Would You Spend 75% Of Your Life Savings On Your Girlfriend? by 190: 12:24am On Jun 11, 2010
mama-gee:

Any man who does that is dumb as well as ignorant.

mama but i can spend my life saving just 2 slip a ring in2 ur finger

mama-gee>
190 knees down
will u marry me!!
Re: Would You Spend 75% Of Your Life Savings On Your Girlfriend? by LordReed(m): 12:28am On Jun 11, 2010
mama-gee am surprised! I thot dis was every gurls dream, a man who loves unreservedly?!
Re: Would You Spend 75% Of Your Life Savings On Your Girlfriend? by 190: 1:09am On Jun 11, 2010
mama,
will u accept my proposal!!

Re: Would You Spend 75% Of Your Life Savings On Your Girlfriend? by mamagee3(f): 1:23am On Jun 11, 2010
Mr Black:

@ mama_gee, why would you say that?
Cause it's a fact, Why would a man spend his life savings on someone that's not his wife.

It's the most ridiculous thing a man can ever do.

Lord_Reed:

mama-gee am surprised! I thot dis was every gurls dream, a man who loves unreservedly?!
I would enjoy it but that doesn't stop me from viewing the man as a big daft. grin grin

190:

mama but i can spend my life saving just 2 slip a ring in2 your finger

mama-gee>
190 knees down
will u marry me!!
Don't you ever get tired? tongue
Re: Would You Spend 75% Of Your Life Savings On Your Girlfriend? by 190: 1:31am On Jun 11, 2010
Don't you ever get tired
why should i?
did adam ever get tired of eve!!
mama-com on'
gimme 2 chances! grin

Re: Would You Spend 75% Of Your Life Savings On Your Girlfriend? by mamagee3(f): 1:48am On Jun 11, 2010
190:

why should i?
did adam ever get tired of eve!!
mama-com on'
gimme 2 chances! grin
What if I told you I'm not interested? tongue
Re: Would You Spend 75% Of Your Life Savings On Your Girlfriend? by kashmo: 2:40am On Jun 11, 2010
Mr Black, I say give it a try! At least you are a man & nothing should deterred you from what your heart desires. If your heart leans towards her coming over, why not! If vice versa then just keep her posted till u have enough means to fund her air fare. Good luck man!
Re: Would You Spend 75% Of Your Life Savings On Your Girlfriend? by fifi09(f): 3:45am On Jun 11, 2010
kashmo:

Mr Black, I say give it a try! At least you are a man & nothing should deterred you from what your heart desires. If your heart leans towards her coming over, why not! If vice versa then just keep her posted till u have enough means to fund her air fare. Good luck man!

I concur!
Re: Would You Spend 75% Of Your Life Savings On Your Girlfriend? by Nobody: 6:47am On Jun 11, 2010
. . . . And then some nlers continue to think LDR is nothing, that loff is what matters. rotfl.

@post
It's only 75% nau. . . atleast we're not talking about 80%. Do what you gotta do wink
Re: Would You Spend 75% Of Your Life Savings On Your Girlfriend? by femmy2010(m): 6:54am On Jun 11, 2010
Is the beauty of love not about the sacrifices and risk we take?personally,there is nothing i cant do for love and am sure if a lady loves u too then she can equally do anything possible to aid a man.I stil remember the many great sacrifices a friend made in the past for me and even if she was my wife or mother she couldnt have done more than she did.MAN,GO FOR IT.
Re: Would You Spend 75% Of Your Life Savings On Your Girlfriend? by madlady(f): 7:10am On Jun 11, 2010
Mr Black:

Hello Nairalander's,

I am about to take a decision and would really appreciate your candid opinions on this Issue. I am a young man who happens to be a student, but work during the holidays. I have a girlfriend based in the US whom i have been dating for 5 years. She has only resided in the US for 1 1/2 years and intends to come visit but cannot afford to buy her air fare ticket.

I was able to save some money from my last vacation job and if i have to get her air ticket, then i will be left with only 25% of my savings which will still be spent upon her arrival and stay with me. I am not too comfortable with the long period we have stayed apart and believe this is an opportunity for us to define our relationship. I do intend to ENGAGE her when she arrives and then plan for marriage towards the end of next year when i must have graduated from school.

Now the Question is, if you were in my shoes, would you spend almost all of your savings for your girlfriend? And if you must know i really care about her and love her a lot. Keep your honest comments coming.

She lives in the US, ask her if she can get a job in the vacation also, she would then be able to contribute towards the cost of her ticket. smiley
Re: Would You Spend 75% Of Your Life Savings On Your Girlfriend? by Onchedu(m): 7:37am On Jun 11, 2010
A chronic case of Self-mugurization.

Let me ask U a question: Imagine telling Ur wife that U intend spending 75% of Ur savings on her. If na correct wife how U think say she go look U?
Re: Would You Spend 75% Of Your Life Savings On Your Girlfriend? by saintneo(m): 8:13am On Jun 11, 2010
Mr Black:

Meaning, you would not do such a thing?
Given the situation, I'll advice you to get that imagination of your mind. I am aware that the male species then to sacrifice all in other to get to the female kind; however, this is not a Shakespearian novel.
Re: Would You Spend 75% Of Your Life Savings On Your Girlfriend? by madlady(f): 8:22am On Jun 11, 2010
saintneo:

Given the situation, I'll advice you to get that imagination of your mind. I am aware that the male species then to sacrifice all in other to get to the female kind; however, this is not a Shakespearian novel.

Well said.
Re: Would You Spend 75% Of Your Life Savings On Your Girlfriend? by md4real(m): 8:25am On Jun 11, 2010
75percent on travelling tickets and the other 25percent on expenses during her stay. In essence, you will be broke. She definately will not agree to that. My suggestion, let her know your true financial status and see her reactions.
Re: Would You Spend 75% Of Your Life Savings On Your Girlfriend? by Nobody: 8:32am On Jun 11, 2010
and she is not even your wife shocked no comment lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Would You Spend 75% Of Your Life Savings On Your Girlfriend? by Creamish(f): 8:35am On Jun 11, 2010
if she can bring 3/4 of it, then help. . dont spend 75% of ur savings on airticket when ur not even sure if the trip will end well . . (she might actually want to come to naija to see other pple . . .not just u . . ) and u might b hurt and regret later. Iv helped guyz wit loans from my pocket and its soo damn hard to pay back . .  no fall mugu sha  undecided
Re: Would You Spend 75% Of Your Life Savings On Your Girlfriend? by Ralvy(m): 8:43am On Jun 11, 2010
It really depends on how quick you get money. I could be in your shoes and buy the ticket without a second thought (if I really love her) knowing that I'd replenish my safe soon.
Re: Would You Spend 75% Of Your Life Savings On Your Girlfriend? by mrkoma2012: 11:16am On Jun 11, 2010
Hell NO.
Re: Would You Spend 75% Of Your Life Savings On Your Girlfriend? by eloii: 11:18am On Jun 11, 2010
I will also do it, if i were man cos the more u do it, d more d gurl feel dat u luv her more. Not that she won't have d money but it is just 2 show how much u luv her . Anywhere dre say THERE IS LOVE IN SHARING. She pay money when she is coming so u have 2 pay money when she will be going.
Re: Would You Spend 75% Of Your Life Savings On Your Girlfriend? by Basildon1(m): 11:19am On Jun 11, 2010
Is there any point answerin this, from the way the poster has placed this question,it's obvious that he knows he is embarking on a money spending spree that lacks any sense

Meanwhile,U have not finished school, u r thinking about engagement and marriage, Think like a real man, you think getting married is 'beans', what a child. Career,money,marriage,
Re: Would You Spend 75% Of Your Life Savings On Your Girlfriend? by Nobody: 11:21am On Jun 11, 2010
People have done more foolish things. Its just a trip and U want to strengthen your relationship. Just make sure U  enjoy urself well and if it doesnt work out @ the end dont regret it my man.  75%-25%whateva u can still recoup that money with time unless u want to tell me u're a dunce
Re: Would You Spend 75% Of Your Life Savings On Your Girlfriend? by Nobody: 11:22am On Jun 11, 2010
I kan ðo it =a
Re: Would You Spend 75% Of Your Life Savings On Your Girlfriend? by femmy2010(m): 11:24am On Jun 11, 2010
What if the guy was doing badly/not doing well financially and the lady was doing a bit better and they sincerely love each other.are we saying a lady can not knowingly deprive herself in some areas to satisfy her man for the sole aim of improving on a relationship they so much believe in and have a sure assertion in their hearts that it was made in heaven and definitely meant to be?
Many ladies here on Nairaland would definitely risk a lot for that person they love.They might say no or never but look back then you would know you must have done that or you have the tendency to do same for someone they truly love.
Might be a myopic view but that is just how i see it and might be a bit hard for me to see it otherwise.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Please Help, My Wife Is Always Pregnant! / MEET CALIGULA: The Most *Disgusting Man In ManKind History (Viewers Discretion) / How Do You Know When Your Man Is Cheating On You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.