Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,297 members, 7,819,000 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:48 AM

UCH Endorses Wearing Of Hijab By Nursing Students - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UCH Endorses Wearing Of Hijab By Nursing Students (17226 Views)

Nursing Students Admitted Into Nigerian Universities 2022 / Lead City University Nursing Students Cry Out Over Poor Hostel After Paying 200k / UNN Nursing Students Stand To Write Test Under The Sun (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UCH Endorses Wearing Of Hijab By Nursing Students by Orlarmeday(m): 2:24pm On Jul 14, 2018
damilordz:

if you don't understand the bible please don't quote........it shows you're not a Christian you're just a mere bible reader to tackle the Christians

Kindly educate us what the Bible says undecided
Re: UCH Endorses Wearing Of Hijab By Nursing Students by NOETHNICITY(m): 2:25pm On Jul 14, 2018
SadiqBabaSani:
Wen u So mix religion with state practices Ur Will Continue to be Beggarly in the Real world.

These Dirty muzlems mustn't alws av deir way
Whats this trash you put up here

half education is bad for you

go back to school bros
Re: UCH Endorses Wearing Of Hijab By Nursing Students by TAO11(f): 2:28pm On Jul 14, 2018
Re: UCH Endorses Wearing Of Hijab By Nursing Students by Aboki99(m): 2:32pm On Jul 14, 2018
SHOW ME THE CONTEXT PLS!quote author=asuustrike2009 post=69370097]
The Bible didn't say women should wear hijab. You are quoting those verses out of context[/quote]
Re: UCH Endorses Wearing Of Hijab By Nursing Students by Aboki99(m): 2:35pm On Jul 14, 2018
Show me the context please!
asuustrike2009:

The Bible didn't say women should wear hijab. You are quoting those verses out of context
Re: UCH Endorses Wearing Of Hijab By Nursing Students by Aboki99(m): 2:37pm On Jul 14, 2018
pulsatingpen:

It's absolutely fine to believe in whatever you do but do not drag in the Bible by misquoting it. Graçias

Quote it the right way for me please!
Re: UCH Endorses Wearing Of Hijab By Nursing Students by NOETHNICITY(m): 2:39pm On Jul 14, 2018
Sijo01:
When will they endorse wearing of choir rob for christian and other attires for different religion
what you fail to see is that, while Christians only put on their choir dress when going to church Muslim women wear their hijab all the time. And besides, it's not all Christians who wear choir dress, just the few in choir.

You guys should stop this intolerance
Re: UCH Endorses Wearing Of Hijab By Nursing Students by MikelIbe: 2:42pm On Jul 14, 2018
Aboki99:
Before any ignoramuses insult Islam, let them look these Biblical verses up: Genesis 24:65 and 1 Corriantians 11:6. This is so that they may know Hijab is also Biblical but most xtians lady decide to wilfully violate the Bible's injunction!
Then ,what stops you from obeying everything the bible says from Genesis to Revelation. Especially the bible prophecy about the Antichrist 666 that will bear a mark on the fore head and deny the son ship and resurrection of Jesus Christ. My man Just read about the Antichrist in the Bible and you will discover you are one of them.
Re: UCH Endorses Wearing Of Hijab By Nursing Students by NWgraphics(m): 2:54pm On Jul 14, 2018
HajimeSaito:
grin

Anything that helps me spot and isolate a MOOslim in a crowd is okay with me because at the end of the day, I'm the only one responsible for my own personal safety and security.
Most of Boko Haram's suicide bombers are always easily conspicuous because of their adherence to islamic dress codes. I'm always wary of MOOslims who try to blend in by dressing normally.
It's better for us non-MOOslims from a point of vigilance and awareness when MOOslims put their ISLIME-IC identity on display, because it serves as a warning sign.
While they're at it, they should also encourage more MOOslims to make a more prominent display of that black 666 mark on their foreheads.

indeed you are a Christian and u follow your so called Bible teachings
Re: UCH Endorses Wearing Of Hijab By Nursing Students by saltoasis: 2:56pm On Jul 14, 2018
I have no problem with Hijab, afterall they are not exposing their bodies like all these slay mamas.
Re: UCH Endorses Wearing Of Hijab By Nursing Students by bellooyin(f): 3:48pm On Jul 14, 2018
resurgent2019:

OMG!!! cry. 2010 This country has serious issues. I pray God will give u a good job pretty soon. It is well.
Amen, God bless you
Re: UCH Endorses Wearing Of Hijab By Nursing Students by Nobody: 4:23pm On Jul 14, 2018
Aboki99:
Show me the context please!
You quoted Gen 25:65 .The first text you quoted was the Jewish way of dressing. God never commanded them to put on veil at all the Jew choose to dress that way.
The second scripture you quoted which is 1 cor 11:6, you didn't finish the verses in the bible. You should have quoted 1 cor 11:1-15. The interpretation of the second scripture is that women should cover their hair when praying or prophesying( 1 cor 11:5).Aside that they are free to open their hair. But the scripture didn't make it compulsory as it is a choice to either cover or not ( 1 cor 11:15)
Re: UCH Endorses Wearing Of Hijab By Nursing Students by jiorhemen(m): 4:32pm On Jul 14, 2018
Aboki99:
Before any ignoramuses insult Islam, let them look these Biblical verses up: Genesis 24:65 and 1 Corriantians 11:6. This is so that they may know Hijab is also Biblical but most xtians lady decide to wilfully violate the Bible's injunction!
I am a Christian and I don't see anything wrong if a lady decides to use hijab so long as it is not used for evil. However, I am opposed to trying to defend an idea by wrongly referring to Bible verses and claiming that wearing hijab is a Biblical injuction just because you want to defend an Islamic tenet. There is no any "injuction" that women must use hijab in the two the two Biblical verses you mentioned. You can defend the use of hijab, there is no crime or sin in doing that. But trying to claim that those two verses are an "injuction" that women must wear hijab is a slanted argument.

1 Like

Re: UCH Endorses Wearing Of Hijab By Nursing Students by Egbetayo(m): 5:27pm On Jul 14, 2018
Morocco0:
Please help me before I commit suicide

Graduated from Uniport in 2016

I have served but till date no job

Please help me..
I'm ready to come for any job interview in Port Harcourt and prove my mettle

I'm a graduate of History and Diplomatic Studies
Why don't you embark on something practical. Gone are the days when you need to look for work to get yourself moving. Will appreciate if you can explore other means of income apart from salary.
Re: UCH Endorses Wearing Of Hijab By Nursing Students by ProudDick: 6:16pm On Jul 14, 2018
resurgent2019:

Because I fear the Hijab. Maybe the media’s coverage of worldwide Islamic terror has done a number on me. If I start having my children too, I will do a thorough check in their schools(private of course) to make sure no hijab kids are around. It’s just a mental thing. I fear what I don’t understand.

Are you ok now?

No. You need a world where no Muslims exist. This world is not for you. I recommend death.
Re: UCH Endorses Wearing Of Hijab By Nursing Students by mamachizzy(f): 6:25pm On Jul 14, 2018
HajimeSaito:

Lol, see ignorance! Genesis 24:65 has nothing whatsoever to do with head covering, it rather deals with consequences that came eating the forbidden fruit (Adam and Eve became aware of sin)

Corinthians 11:16 is limited only to worship. Men are to uncover their heads while in Church ( which is why we take off our hats in Church) while women are to either shave their heads or cover them.
Once you leave the Church premises, you may do whatever you want with your hair, it's nobody's business but yours.
Thank u. I was about too reply before I saw ur comment.
Re: UCH Endorses Wearing Of Hijab By Nursing Students by mamachizzy(f): 6:39pm On Jul 14, 2018
what is it with Nigerians and religion?? what? I don't get it. thousands of people have lost their lives because of religion and we have still refused to learn. See Christians and Moslems judging each other as if they are God. One moslem even said God will deny all Christians and I begin to wonder what our religions are teaching us. hatred or love? Tolerance or intolerance?
personally I see nothing wrong with a little head covering as long as it gives u enough space to do your job. However nobody's religious believes should ever be forced on another person. Considering the current security problems we face in naija at the moment, I think head coverings should be banned in public places for now., at least until naija gains a certain lever of sanity
And please don't go quoting the bible wrongly to justify your own ignorance. Christ never told Christians to wear hijab pls
Re: UCH Endorses Wearing Of Hijab By Nursing Students by Spidermon: 7:09pm On Jul 14, 2018
allanphash7:
Religion is nothing but a distraction

I swear down

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

High Quality Personal Statements For Foreign University Master's Applications / Statistics Of 2015/2016 Jamb Candidates Who Choose Your School / Death Of Student Sparks Violence In Ajayi Crowther University, Oyo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.