Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,000 members, 7,825,100 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 06:47 AM

Did Jesus Christ Really Say We Shouldnt Judge Other People? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Did Jesus Christ Really Say We Shouldnt Judge Other People? (14494 Views)

Did The Bible Really Say That A Woman Must Marry Her Rapist? / Hey Christians, How Much Can You Really Say To Defend Your Religion? / How To Answer The Question "Where Did Jesus Say, 'I Am God, Worship Me''? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did Jesus Christ Really Say We Shouldnt Judge Other People? by alBHAGDADI: 10:22am On Jul 15, 2018
SonOfAfonja:

With the Landlord, tin-something and co....

But I think, you only want to be justified by people when you bash others. So for me it's not about judging or rebuking, what you want is the license to condemn, troll and bash at will, while people cheer you on.Live and let live
I don't know what you mean by landlord.

bring the link here
Re: Did Jesus Christ Really Say We Shouldnt Judge Other People? by obekediamondfuto(m): 10:27am On Jul 15, 2018
jnrbayano:

Abraham did not lie in those times with Ambimalek and Pharaoh.

Is Sarah not his sister?

u see now, this is another mentality problem....
it's is a very big problem to pervert the truth or tell a half truth....

honesty and transparency are different things.

honesty deals with answering correctly all questions!!! transparency on the other hand deals with being open for all to see without any questions.

with just honesty u can tell a half truth. IE
question: did ur aunty give u money before she died.
honest answer :NO she didn't?
transparent answer: NO, she didn't but she gave the house help to give me.
transparent answer 2: NO, she didn't but I saw some money in her room and took it!

Don't ask, Don't tell.

Abraham knew y he was asked that question, he intentionally withheld the main truth for a Germane reason,,,,,, he felt he'd have been killed if he divulged that.... right motive for a wrong action

Did Jacob lie to Isaac? just answer plainly
Re: Did Jesus Christ Really Say We Shouldnt Judge Other People? by aribisala0(m): 10:27am On Jul 15, 2018
obekediamondfuto:

gracias, u have a keen understanding as well.

I wanted to also point this out, that he was trying to rectify the perversions of the synagogue as at that time......

the renderings of the today's bible sometimes do not conform to the intent....
judge as used in that scripture was meant to signify condemnation.

stoning in itself is not judgement.... judgement is actually forming an opinion on whether something or someone is right or wrong..
now the punishment for everyone who violates is given in the constitution... which is different from judgement....

administration of the law/constitution is of the judge actually.... but judging someone in its simplest form is determining if someone is right or wrong

The word judgment has several meanings.
Forming an opinion about rightness or wrongness was not what Jesus was talking about. That arguably is part of human makeup naturally with some input from conditioning

He was talking about condemnation by law i.e judicial pronouncement as in the case of the woman to be stoned. Her accusers had gone beyond determining wrong or right and were demanding punshment i.e stoning

A good example today among so called born agains is what I call

I better pass my neighbour morality.
"Yes I am adulterous but he is gay which is worse than me"
S Christians are free to form an opinion and advise even if they are not clean but that is not "judgment".
Christians should be motivated by love and therefore do not condemn

1 Like

Re: Did Jesus Christ Really Say We Shouldnt Judge Other People? by ollah2: 10:29am On Jul 15, 2018
alBHAGDADI:
The below verse needs your attention.

https://www.nairaland.com/4618381/verse-which-peoole-try-use

Jesus was telling Jesus that Jesus should forgive them.

Jesus was asking Jesus why Jesus forsaken Jesus.
Re: Did Jesus Christ Really Say We Shouldnt Judge Other People? by khalhokage(m): 10:29am On Jul 15, 2018
alBHAGDADI:
Judging a case doesn't mean you have to do it like a court judge who pronounces condemnation. It is condemnation Jesus warned about when he said the person without a sin should cast the first stone. That's why being a judge in court is a huge task in life. You have to be sinless to make condemnation .

But to judge, you can cos it also means making a decision e.g right or wrong.

Now, how can you show sinners the path to God if you don't point out their wrongs? Pointing out their wrongs is judging them, but stoning them for that is condemning them.

How can you preach to the world if you can't tell it that it is sinful?

The favourite pastime of most Christians is to judge people and tell them they're going to hell, this is what you are trying to justify this morning, showing sinners the path is completely different from what you people love to do.

Judging someone is not going to make them see the errors of their ways and seek Jesus, it does the opposite.

No one has ever changed because someone told them they were going to hell, not in today's world.

1 Like

Re: Did Jesus Christ Really Say We Shouldnt Judge Other People? by alBHAGDADI: 10:33am On Jul 15, 2018
khalhokage:

The favourite pastime of most Christians is to judge people and tell them they're going to hell, this is what you are trying to justify this morning, showing sinners the path is completely different from what you people love to do.
Judging someone is not going to make them see the errors of their ways and seek Jesus, it does the opposite.
Don't you still understand what the word Judge means? Judging sinners means to tell them their lifestyle is sinful and will lead them to hell. How can I show them the right path if you say I shouldn't judge their wrong?
Re: Did Jesus Christ Really Say We Shouldnt Judge Other People? by alBHAGDADI: 10:34am On Jul 15, 2018
ollah2:

Join me in that thread where I even used the Quran to prove he is God
Re: Did Jesus Christ Really Say We Shouldnt Judge Other People? by obekediamondfuto(m): 10:41am On Jul 15, 2018
aribisala0:

The word judgment has several meanings.
Forming an opinion about rightness or wrongness was not what Jesus was talking about.
That arguably is part of human makeup naturally with some input from conditioning

the early church as at then had so deviated that they go as far as doctoring and influencing judgement to suit their personal needs.
it was so bad that the elders then received some sort of payment to influence decision that will ultimately favor certain individuals

He was talking about condemnation by law i.e judicial pronouncement as in the case of the woman to be stoned. Her accusers had gone beyond determining wrong or right and were demanding punshment i.e stoning

A good example today among so called born agains is what I call

I better pass my neighbour morality.
"Yes I am adulterous but he is gay which is worse than me"
S Christians are free to form an opinion and advise even if they are not clean but that is not "judgment".
Christians should be motivated by love and therefore do not condemn

we are saying the same thing.

how come u know this much about the things of God and the Bible and u chose to worship ogun?

too much knowledge I presume
Re: Did Jesus Christ Really Say We Shouldnt Judge Other People? by Nobody: 10:44am On Jul 15, 2018
Proffdada:
Yes He did
Matthew 7:1 Judge not, that ye be not judged.

Today's my birthday, show me love wink kiss

Happy Birthday .. Bigger u.llnp
Re: Did Jesus Christ Really Say We Shouldnt Judge Other People? by Younghacka(m): 10:46am On Jul 15, 2018
OP. . . God Bless You.
There Is Great Moral Decadence In Among Men Today, Even In Churches.
The More Churches Multiply, The More Sin Multiply.
Men Are Taking The Grace Of God Forgranted, But The End Will Tell, For God Is Not Mocked At All!
To Pinpoint Your Post. . .
1 Corinthians 2:15 Says. . .
''But He That Is Spiritual Judgeth All Things, And He Himself Is Judged Of No Man''.
How Do U Advocate Christ When U Can't Tell SomeOne That What He Is Doing Is Wrong
This New Generation Churches That Preaches The Grace Only And Forget The Truth Has Contributed Greatly To This Trend.
Only God Can Help Us In This Race To The Kingdom.
God Bless Us All.
Re: Did Jesus Christ Really Say We Shouldnt Judge Other People? by aribisala0(m): 10:47am On Jul 15, 2018
obekediamondfuto:

we are saying the same thing.

how come u know this much about the things of God and the Bible and u chose to worship ogun?

too much knowledge I presume

You are programmed to believe the bible is from God and Ogun is not you have been enslaved by stuff you have maybe one percent knowledge of.

We were doing fine with Ogun before they brought their bibles and Qurans to enslave us.

Have you heard of the phenomenon of DULOSIS?

That is what Christianity and Islam is doing to Africans today.

The simple truth is that the Bible was written by men and not by God
Re: Did Jesus Christ Really Say We Shouldnt Judge Other People? by ollah2: 10:54am On Jul 15, 2018
alBHAGDADI:
Join me in that thread where I even used the Quran to prove he is God

Man. I don't give 2 fûcks about your foreign gods nonsense. Find someone else to talk about cavemen while I engage people with foresight about 22nd century discourse.
Re: Did Jesus Christ Really Say We Shouldnt Judge Other People? by ollah2: 10:56am On Jul 15, 2018
aribisala0:

You are programmed to believe the bible is from God and Ogun is not you have been enslaved by stuff you have maybe one percent knowledge of.

We were doing fine with Ogun before they brought their bibles and Qurans to enslave us.

Have you heard of the phenomenon of DULOSES?

Bros, thanks for this comment. Too many enslaved sheep who happen to love their chains. They believe their foreign god is the one true god, first thing I will discard from Nigeria if I happen to be a president is foreign gods. We will return to the worship of our local gods
Re: Did Jesus Christ Really Say We Shouldnt Judge Other People? by TheLoser: 10:56am On Jul 15, 2018
See Religious Discussion, Insults, Abuse left and right
Re: Did Jesus Christ Really Say We Shouldnt Judge Other People? by BluntBoy(m): 10:59am On Jul 15, 2018
khalhokage:
"Christ didn't say we shouldn't judge. He only said we shouldn't judge if we know we are partaking in the same kind of sin."

This was where I stopped reading, you're just deperately trying to justify your vices.

Jesus said he who is without sin should cast the 1st stone, not he who is without the same sin.

As a human you have no right to judge another human, you're not omniscient only God is, don't presume to do his job for him.

What are you saying? Don't you know that it is people who use the thou shalt not judge verses that are actually covering their vice?

And concerning the example you made, Christ was not talking about judgement in that case. He was talking about condemnation. The woman was condemned to death and Christ asked anyone who has no sin to begin the stoning.

Listen, since we are not totally free of sins, we cannot condemn someone to death. It is not like we can't judge bad behaviors.
Re: Did Jesus Christ Really Say We Shouldnt Judge Other People? by Proffdada: 11:00am On Jul 15, 2018
yuppy101:

Happy Birthday .. Bigger u.llnp
Thanks bro!

1 Like

Re: Did Jesus Christ Really Say We Shouldnt Judge Other People? by obekediamondfuto(m): 11:12am On Jul 15, 2018
aribisala0:

You are programmed to believe the bible is from God and Ogun is not you have been enslaved by stuff you have maybe one percent knowledge of

Have you heard of the phenomenon of DULOSIS?

well yes, might be 1percent or. less sef. but one thing is. certain,. Im increasing exponentially in the knowledge and wisdom of God.

funny enough, the more I do, the more I understand that Christianity is more than holding on too tightly to some form of doctrine that one was made to believe ...
it's more than having a right standing with God sef (this is where many people fail this exam, they focus more on observing all of the established protocols and policies though physical and forget there exists more spiritual policies than can be counted), it's more like a personal relationship with God through Jesus Christ whilst being directed by the Holy Spirit on the path u shud follow TO Avoid consequences and distractions. its not an easy feat I tell u.

when the Bible tells us about Enoch, it is recorded that he walked with God and was NO MORE..... wow, he literally stopped existing in this our plane. incredible.

sorry to derail op, I don't usually like to talk about these deep things on social media, dunno what came over me sef.

I am tempted to reveal even more mysteries.

oh well enjoy
Re: Did Jesus Christ Really Say We Shouldnt Judge Other People? by brodalokie: 11:18am On Jul 15, 2018
ollah2:

It looks like that cool
Re: Did Jesus Christ Really Say We Shouldnt Judge Other People? by aribisala0(m): 11:22am On Jul 15, 2018
obekediamondfuto:

well yes, might be 1percent or. less sef. but one thing is. certain,. Im increasing exponentially in the knowledge and wisdom of God.

funny enough, the more I do, the more I understand that Christianity is more than holding on too tightly to some form of doctrine that one was made to believe ...
it's more than having a right standing with God sef (this is where many people fail this exam, they focus more on observing all of the established protocols and policies though physical and forget there exists more spiritual policies than can be counted), it's more like a personal relationship with God through Jesus Christ whilst being directed by the Holy Spirit on the path u shud follow TO Avoid consequences and distractions. its not an easy feat I tell u.

when the Bible tells us about Enoch, it is recorded that he walked with God and was NO MORE..... wow, he literally stopped existing in this our plane. incredible.

sorry to derail op, I don't usually like to talk about these deep things on social media, dunno what came over me sef.

I am tempted to reveal even more mysteries.

oh well enjoy

The truth is no one has any idea what happens when we die and we use various doctrines too make life more tolerable which is OK. Where it becomes a problem is when it is a means of political and social control. CONTROL of others is at the heart of what is now called Christianity or Islam. That is why they claim to have CERTAINTY about the hereafter and why they claim books obviously written by men are from God.

You talk about increasing in knowledge of God. Hm

Start with knowledge of yourself.

Peter swore he would never betray Jesus and Jesus said he would betray him 3 times beforee the coc.k crows. What does that teach us.?

Peter did not know himself as he thought.

Do you really know yourself?

That is the only spiritual task we have

All this talk of knowing God is delusional.
Whatever it is that you "know" how do you know it iis GOD?

All this stuff about Holy Spirit is just the programme that you downloaded and are now running on your system
Re: Did Jesus Christ Really Say We Shouldnt Judge Other People? by obekediamondfuto(m): 11:31am On Jul 15, 2018
aribisala0:

The truth is no one has any idea what happens when we die and we use various doctrines too make life more tolerable which is OK. Where it becomes a problem is when it is a means of political and social control. CONTROL of others is at the heart of what is now called Christianity or Islam. That is why they claim to have CERTAINTY about the hereafter and why they claim books obviously written by men are from God.

Peter swore he would never betray Jesus and Jesus said he would betray him 3 tims beforee the cock crows. What does that teach us. Peter did not know himself as he thought.

well to a large extent, I think I do.
how do u know a product/equipment/machine and understand it's capabilities, functions, operation and troubleshooting? Every manufacturer has a manual for it's product.

U read the manual, so to understand urself u need to ask ur maker or in this case ur manufacturer.

so right back @ u.... who manufactured u? do u have a manual? how were u created? how often do u consult ur manual?

PS the Bible. is my own manual!
Quote me when u have the right answers then we'll continue from there and make sure ur answers do not have any atom of human intervention or interaction in them oh else ur response would be vague..... using ur measuring station as the basis of judgement oh.... remember u said, men wrote the Bible and not God.
Re: Did Jesus Christ Really Say We Shouldnt Judge Other People? by obekediamondfuto(m): 11:34am On Jul 15, 2018
aribisala0:

Peter swore he would never betray Jesus and Jesus said he would betray him 3 times beforee the coc.k crows. What does that teach us.?

Peter did not know himself as he thought.

That is the only spiritual task we have

All this talk of knowing God is delusional.
Whatever it is that you "know" how do you know it iis GOD?

All this stuff about Holy Spirit is just the programme that you downloaded and are now running on your system

yes ke.....
Re: Did Jesus Christ Really Say We Shouldnt Judge Other People? by aribisala0(m): 11:37am On Jul 15, 2018
obekediamondfuto:

well to a large extent, I think I do.
how do u know a product/equipment/machine and understand it's capabilities, functions, operation and troubleshooting? Every manufacturer has a manual for it's product.

U read the manual, so to understand urself u need to ask ur maker or in this case ur manufacturer.

so right back @ u.... who manufactured u? do u have a manual? how were u created? how often do u consult ur manual?

PS the Bible. is my own manual!
Quote me when u have the right answers then we'll continue from there and make sure ur answers do not have any atom of human intervention or interaction in them oh else ur response would be vague..... using ur measuring station as the basis of judgement oh.... remember u said, men wrote the Bible and not God.

Who wrote the bible? Do you know? Have you ever addressed that ?

You are entitled to believe whatt you like but in the public space all ideas must be examined and questioned just like Mohammed's claim that God gave him the Quran.

The truth is those books do not have any greater evidential backing than any other religious idea. ALL are MAN MADE

So when you criticize Ogun you do so out of indoctrination and ignorance
Re: Did Jesus Christ Really Say We Shouldnt Judge Other People? by AdeagboRA: 11:45am On Jul 15, 2018
Good post, To us muslims, Christians (ahlul kitab -meaning; people of the book) are known l to be people who twist the meaning of there book (Bible) to suit there thoughts... There are many instances that this happen..

They have gone far to using this above misconstrued verses to condemn the sharia law ...
Re: Did Jesus Christ Really Say We Shouldnt Judge Other People? by obekediamondfuto(m): 11:46am On Jul 15, 2018
aribisala0:

You are entitled to believe whatt you like but in the public space all ideas must be examined and questioned just like Mohammed's claim that God gave him the Quran.

The truth is those book do not have any greater evidential backing than any other religious idea. [/s]ALL are MAN MADE [s]

men. wrote the bible, I ain't disputing that..... but under the influence of a higher authority.

a drunk man can write a book, a mad mad can do same, a normal person can also write....... even me sef, I can decide to write a book.
keyword is INFLUENCE.

how can so many different people write several books with so many connecting dots here and there.

or is it the same person that wrote the books?

All religion require men for processing and propagation but I'm of the opinion that not all are MAN made.
Re: Did Jesus Christ Really Say We Shouldnt Judge Other People? by obekediamondfuto(m): 11:50am On Jul 15, 2018
aribisala0:

The truth is those books do not have any greater evidential backing than any other religious idea. ALL are MAN MADE

So when you criticize Ogun you do so out of indoctrination and ignorance

on the contrary bros, I ain't criticizing ur religion, it's just that u know so much about mine and I know so little about urs.
maybe if I get to know more I'll understand y u keep to it.

and u still didn't answer my questions.
I'd like to know those answers please, to better inform my line of thought
Re: Did Jesus Christ Really Say We Shouldnt Judge Other People? by Diso60090(m): 11:52am On Jul 15, 2018
post=69394701:
YES, Jesus said so........Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven.Luke 6:37.

Christ didn't say we shouldn't judge. He only said we shouldn't judge if we know we are partaking in the same kind of sin. It's the same as a thief judging a thief, or a rapist judging a rapist. If you are the type that loots company's money, you have no right to judge politicians who loot public funds because you are alike. If you open your mouth to state that a politician should be jailed for looting, then same will be your punishment for looting.

Yes Jesus said so

You dey there??
Re: Did Jesus Christ Really Say We Shouldnt Judge Other People? by nwakaibeya1: 11:57am On Jul 15, 2018
John 5,30>Today is another Sunday of history & geography teaching & fashion sermons,stories upon stories that don't empower humanbeigns spiritually by comedy, story telling pastors&prophets for spiritually blind Bornagain followers & church goers?bornagains & church goers enjoy it & continue to shout go deeper, prophesy, pastor ride on & after all the razzmatazz, you still remain in evil family&occult wickedness & evil marine bondages&can't sleep at night& witches & wizards feast on them without mercy and evil neighbors and landlords and evil people can't fear you because you have no power& pastors &prophets &apostles continue to use bornagains& church goers to make merchandise of their bellies without giving them empowerment & liberation&most importantly give followers PEACE that ,Jesus Christ promised to give to those who come to him?Again see Jeremiah 5.21,22 Jeremiah 12 10 you must help yourself &Seek for unbelievable power and receive it, which is LIGHT,MANTLE & THE POWER THAT BE &this is available only if you believe there is >many just claim Bornagain without spiritual wisdom &spiritual eyes & unbelievable power & they hate change &new truth&revelation of real JESUSCHRIST even when they read that God will do a new Thing in the Bible but they still question the same God why he is doing a new Thing? What a disaster humanbeings of the world.BEHOLD kingdom of God of Jesus Christ is not for everyone,neither is heaven for everyone, devil has his own children always &devils children hate change,especially the ones masquerading as BORNAGAINS who hate truth&good change with passion& pretend, they are those we call human CHAMELEONS,we have spoken again & those who have ear let them hear &investigate from JESUS CHRIST if indeed they know JESUSCHRIST #who can battle with God of justice & the power that be?remember this is authority & truth&revelation& power that is unbelievable to humanbeigns so it's not compulsory that you must embrace&believe us but only time will tell who is telling the truth or not as this is not like conventional bornagain &bornagain in vogue #NO & NEVER, Our own is accept the truth or perish,we dont beg human beigns to accept our truth&revelation,hence almost everyone claims to be bornagain,the same way many people claimed to know GOD more than JESUSCHRIST when Christ came before and do the forget the fact that Power talks and not empty critics and the confidence of a wise person is look before you leap Mathew 13,13-14

Re: Did Jesus Christ Really Say We Shouldnt Judge Other People? by hope4life: 11:57am On Jul 15, 2018
God bless you op.I've been thinking about this and trusting God to do an exegesis on it.There are what I call The Sinners Bible Verses.This is one of them.Another one is 'no one is righteous'and other verses they use to console themselves. They love Jesus stand that he didn't condemn the woman caught in adultery. They are quick to say if you are without sin than cast the stone etc. Unfortunately they pick a verse out of context. If one is doing something wrong and no one to correct the person ,it means one is on one's way to hell.Every pastor who preaches against sin is not judging but speaking the mind of God.
Satan is outhere to deceive people into hell.They won't see Isaiah 58:1 Cry aloud, spare not, lift up thy voice like a trumpet, and shew my people their transgression, and the house of Jacob their sins'.
Re: Did Jesus Christ Really Say We Shouldnt Judge Other People? by aribisala0(m): 12:02pm On Jul 15, 2018
AdeagboRA:
Good post, To us muslims, Christians (ahlul kitab -meaning; people of the book) are know to be people that twist the meaning of there book to suit there thoughts....

They have gone far to using this above misconstrued verses to condemn the sharia law ...

The truth about your prophet is that he is a fraud who plagiarized the bible

He lied and lied reppeatedly claiming to be inspired by God

One example :

Among his people a man could adopt children and treat them legally as his own with the same restrictions o sexual relations with them as with his own children

Mohammed claimed to have received Divine revelation direct from Allah that this was no longer to be . After he had gone to his adopted son's house and saw his wife nakedd.

Allah then revealed that the son was not his son anymore and he should divorce the woman so Mohammed could marry her.

Islam adds nothing of signifcance to Judaism as a doctrine.
Worship one God OK we heard that before?
Go to Mecca on pilgrimmage? That is just business for his Meccan people which was already a pilgrimmage destination for the Arabs of the Peninsula
Fast During Ramadan : just a means of social control

In short there was nothing new except for the fact that it allowed Arabs to deal with the feelings of inferiority they had for the Jews. Now they had theiir own truly Aran Monotheist religion.

Initially Muslims prayed facing Jerusalem but still the Jews treated Mohammed with the contempt he deserved as a fraud

The reality is the Torah which Mohammed copied is a work of man for the Jews not mankind

Why did Mohammed slaughter the Jews of Banu Qurayza when he lived in Medina?

Why did he engage in stealing and kidnappings as a means of livelihood while living in Medina?

The simple truth is these two religions are based on the history of Arabs and Jews and may be suitable for them but has no relevance to AFricans.

Ultimately they are based on falsehood.

Sura Al Baqara the 2nd book in the Quran starts witth the declaration.

"This is the Book whereof there is no doubt"

No doubt to the speaker or the hearer?

Th quran is full of doubt and LIES
In S 33. 37 Mohammed perfected his scheme to take his son's wife by forcing him to divorce her so HE could marry her claiming this was a directive from God.

Would we accept such nonsense today from any man of God

God has nothing to do buut to verbally dictate a verse that a son was no longer a son becaause he was adopted so that his father could marry his wife
Re: Did Jesus Christ Really Say We Shouldnt Judge Other People? by aribisala0(m): 12:08pm On Jul 15, 2018
This is Sura 33-36

And it becometh not a believing man or a believing woman, when Allah and His messenger have decided an affair (for them), that they should (after that) claim any say in their affair; and whoso is rebellious to Allah and His messenger, he verily goeth astray in error manifest.

What was the context?

That the son should divorce his wife so Mohammed could marry her
Re: Did Jesus Christ Really Say We Shouldnt Judge Other People? by jnrbayano(m): 12:10pm On Jul 15, 2018
obekediamondfuto:

u see now, this is another mentality problem....
it's is a very big problem to pervert the truth or tell a half truth....

honesty and transparency are different things.

honesty deals with answering correctly all questions!!! transparency on the other hand deals with being open for all to see without any questions.

with just honesty u can tell a half truth. IE
question: did ur aunty give u money before she died.
honest answer :NO she didn't?
transparent answer: NO, she didn't but she gave the house help to give me.
transparent answer 2: NO, she didn't but I saw some money in her room and took it!

Don't ask, Don't tell.

Abraham knew y he was asked that question, he intentionally withheld the main truth for a Germane reason,,,,,, he felt he'd have been killed if he divulged that.... right motive for a wrong action

Did Jacob lie to Isaac? just answer plainly

John 18:35-36

"Am I a Jew?" Pilate replied. "Your own people and chief priests handed you over to me. What is it you have done?"

Jesus said, "My kingdom is not of this world. If it were, my servants would fight to prevent my arrest by the Jewish leaders. But now my kingdom is from another place."

Did Jesus provide a direct answer to Pilate's question?

Matthew 10:16

"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be as shrewd as snakes and as innocent as doves."

Matthew 10:16 answers why Jesus, Abraham etc gave the answers to questions posed to them in that manner.

In fact, I can't recall where Jesus provided answers directly to questions from other people other than his disciples.

Understanding the bible isn't about writing long essays. Its simply staying humble and learning when taught.

No place Abraham was asked, "Is Sarah your wife or not" and he answered No. Show me the Chapter and verse where that happened.

Sarah is Abraham's sister, if you say No, I will provide bible Chapter and verse to support it
Re: Did Jesus Christ Really Say We Shouldnt Judge Other People? by aribisala0(m): 12:11pm On Jul 15, 2018
obekediamondfuto:

men. wrote the bible, I ain't disputing that..... but under the influence of a higher authority.

a drunk man can write a book, a mad mad can do same, a normal person can also write....... even me sef, I can decide to write a book.
keyword is INFLUENCE.

how can so many different people write several books with so many connecting dots here and there.

or is it the same person that wrote the books?

All religion require men for processing and propagation but I'm of the opinion that not all are MAN made.

They wrote under the influence of a higher authority? HOW DO YOU KNOW THIS? Did the writers ever say so?

Mohammed when he recited his Quran claimed to be under such influence. Do you have an source for such a claim by the writers of the Bible

Do we even know WHO wrote it?

Coonecting dots appear to you because the bible had an editor or editors so that means the bible had "candidate books" from which a final selection were chosen and others left out. Again you may claim the editors were under influence but did they claimm so and if they did what is that influence

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Is It Right Or Wrong To Give A Beggar My Tithes / OPM Trains Members, Non-members For Free, Use Tithe Money For Sewing Machines / TB Joshua Didnt Foresee Atta Mills Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.