Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,600 members, 7,816,492 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:54 AM

How Fayose Lost Ekiti - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Fayose Lost Ekiti (34816 Views)

See How Fayose Mocks Amosun As Dapo Abiodun Leads In Ogun State / Revealed: How Fayose Was Disgraced At Ado Monarch Daughter's Church Wedding / Fayemi’s Deputy Reveals How Fayose’s Last-minute Plan Failed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Fayose Lost Ekiti by Nobody: 1:27pm On Jul 16, 2018
You people will die because of politicians useless youths.

Those useless youths shouting PDP and APC, fayose and fayemi have you seen their kids insulting themselves or even voted for their parents?

I pity una, God punish all the useless youths in this country that refused to come together and say no to all this old and useless politicians
Re: How Fayose Lost Ekiti by Princedapace(m): 1:30pm On Jul 16, 2018
diegwu02:
can you explain how GEJ pulled over 1.5 million votes in each of the south east states when registered voter were less than 600k in each of those states. or how he pulled 1.6million votes in Rivers State with registered voters at 1.9million

Hahahha.. Both apc and pdp dey rug election na..

The last election was also rigged just like others.

I don't have pvc because I know elections would be rigged.

In 2015, they were heavily rigged too. Ask corpers who participated in that election, they will tell u better. Corners were paid to rig election.

Some corners collected up to 100k to manipulate elections. The rigging I'm talking about is not paying voters to vote o. That one is another type of rigging..

APC rigged better than pdp.. The type of rigging where even inec is involved, that is what I'm talking about..

Also ask police men who were involved in the elections.

Both apc and pdp rigged. Just that apc rigged better. Nigeria is finished.

The rigging usually involves a lot of money and that is why these politicians usually have to pay back heavily when they get elected.
Re: How Fayose Lost Ekiti by AroleOduduwa(m): 1:30pm On Jul 16, 2018
What party did Fayose contest under? Last I remember Eleka was the flag bearer of PDP

3 Likes

Re: How Fayose Lost Ekiti by hmuhammad(m): 1:31pm On Jul 16, 2018
Lordlestat:
Nope

This didn't have any effect ,he isn't the fisrt to alienate anyone , tinubu was against OBJ and the entire PDP run government but won re-election and even ensured Fashola won

APC rigged him out that's all

He hoped popularity would win but that works in countries with strong institutions where elections are free and fair and not where the electoral body in under the imcumbent

He lost same way GEJ lost by rigging

I see Nigerians say they voted out GEJ and I laugh

Votes don't count in Nigeria , rigging does

APC know how to rig , GEJ believed buhari was always loosing so he would loose again but reality kicked him in the balls

Buhari and APC had been perfecting rigging from State levels and did same in the federal

In 2019 your votes won't count either APC will rig and win again, unfortunately
chairman you can cry for all we care, PMB will return after the 2019 election without rigging

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Fayose Lost Ekiti by Lordofthewest(m): 1:31pm On Jul 16, 2018
All these people shouting get your PVC I wonder what theyre thinking how do you expect sowore, fela durotoye or donald Duke to defeat buhari in 2019 when even the south is not united against buhari some will vote for sowore some Donald Duke some moghalu. Northerners on the hand have one candidate which is buhari Mr atiku is just wasting his time. Buhari will still win that 2019 again except he changes his mind and refuse to run

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Fayose Lost Ekiti by rhythyson: 1:32pm On Jul 16, 2018
strangest:
[/s]

this is how he lost

This why he lost grin grin grin grin

Among those who left the party for Fayose were Senator Gbenga Aluko, Senator Ayo Arise, former Minister of Education, Prof. Tunde Adeniran; former chairman of the state chapter of the party, Ropo Adesanya; former PDP spokesman Taiwo Olatunbosun, former minister of agriculture, Senator Bode Olowoporoku, Ambassador Dare Bejide, former Deputy Governor Bisi Omoyeni, former Speaker Clement Akinyemi, former Speaker Femi Bamisile. Besides members of the House of Assembly, Fayose’s former commissioner for justice also left his cabinet and the party and defected to the APC.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Fayose Lost Ekiti by emaopel: 1:32pm On Jul 16, 2018
You got it right Sir...to compliment the real article...Fayose even fake Deputy governor to be Muslem when he was aware of his conversion to Christianity which was nailed by RCCG politics 48hrs to the election...
seunmsg:
Fayose stupidly believed that Ekiti people are fools because we gave him a second chance in 2014. The 2014 victory got into his head and he felt he's one kind of political genius that knows it all. He quickly dismantled the united coalition that worked for him and made himself the alpha and omega of everything in the state. He failed to fulfil all his promises to political leaders in his own party and when they complain, he tags them an enemy and start victimising them. People who couldn't stomach such nonsense started leaving the party for him. Instead of retracing his steps, he became more hardened and told everybody that cannot accept his dictatorship to leave the party. More people left.

With his attitude coupled with the fact that he doesn't listen to the opinions of others, his downfall was just a matter of time. To show how stupid and arrogant Fayose can be, he publicly announced his preferred successor almost a year before the election. That alone gave his opponents both within and outside the party enough time to strategies against him. APC quickly reached out to those they knew would be aggrieved after PDP primary and reached a working agreement with them to defect once Fayose succeeds in imposing Eleka.

More foolishly, Fayose choose a candidate from Ikere Ekiti and still went ahead to create problem for him in his hometown by wagging an unnecessary war against Olukere, the traditional and spiritual head of the town. Olukere was arrested and locked up for some days in Ado-Ekiti few months to the election. Fayose's supporters openly celebrated the public humiliation of the traditional ruler without thinking of the political consequences. On election day, Olukere's supporters and the people of Afao-Ikere quarters turned up for APC thereby resulting in an almost equal division of Ikere votes. If Ikere had voted solely for their son, PDP would have won the election.

Apart from his crass arrogance, Fayose is also very stingy. He believed he can always get what he wants from people by manipulating them. In days towards the election, billions of naira was raised from PDP governors but Fayose sat over the money alone. Even Eleka didn't have access to campaign funds. Party members were complaining discretely since nobody could confront him openly. His stinginess also led him not to fulfil his N10,000 promise to motorist that agreed to park their vehicles in government house when Buhari visited the state. Most of the drivers failed to turn up for him on election day.

Finally, he allowed Adeyeye to leave the party. That was the last straw that broke the camels back. Adeyeye was the leader of the party before Jonathan hijacked it for Fayose in 2014. Adeyeye was placated with a ministerial appointment so as not to leave the party. In 2018, Fayose saw no reason to placate him. He instead ordered Mere Olayinka and his lackeys to attack him in the media. The outcome is what we saw last Saturday.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Fayose Lost Ekiti by hmuhammad(m): 1:34pm On Jul 16, 2018
strangest:
[/s]

this is how he lost
did you see inec stamp on that pic? Stop sharing baseless pic

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Fayose Lost Ekiti by bluecircle470: 1:35pm On Jul 16, 2018
Lordlestat:
Nope

This didn't have any effect ,he isn't the fisrt to alienate anyone , tinubu was against OBJ and the entire PDP run government but won re-election and even ensured Fashola won

He hoped popularity would win but that works in countries with strong institutions where elections are free and fair and not where the electoral body in under the imcumbent

APC know how to rig , GEJ believed buhari was always loosing so he would loose again but reality kicked him in the balls

Buhari and APC had been perfecting rigging from State levels and did same in the federal

Warris this one even saying..... embarassed

2 Likes

Re: How Fayose Lost Ekiti by Icon79(m): 1:38pm On Jul 16, 2018
Question: How (did) Fayose Lost Ekiti State?
Answer: He was out rigged. Short and simple (or shall we say 'simple question, simple answer)

Nigerian democracy is a farce. There are NO elections in Nigeria - zero! What we have in Nigeria is a rigging contest. Whomever rigs better (more) wins the election. Even the so called "most free and fair election" won by MKO Abiola was a rigging contest as well.

O pari
Re: How Fayose Lost Ekiti by MrImole: 1:39pm On Jul 16, 2018
Thrash!

People were induced and influenced with money, simple.

Who told you they followed their conscience?

Don't ever underestimate the power of money.
Re: How Fayose Lost Ekiti by smalls001: 1:40pm On Jul 16, 2018
Lordlestat:
Nope

Some of you guys are just hypocrites. When PDP wins it "HURRAY" and business continues as usual. If APC wins you start crying "RIGGING".

8 Likes

Re: How Fayose Lost Ekiti by lafuria1(m): 1:40pm On Jul 16, 2018
strangest:
[/s]

this is how he lost

let me help you, the 60000 votes you are looking for is there, just add total number of vote cast for Ado ekiti, you will get 60k. the person who computed the figures failed to add ado ekiti total votes cast to the total sum , this is the reason you are having a diffrence of 60k. look at the first boc in the 2nd cloumn about total votes cast, the box is empty, fill it in and it will solve your mystry.

2 Likes

Re: How Fayose Lost Ekiti by olawealth93: 1:45pm On Jul 16, 2018
Using this medium to ask people for help. I don't owe anyone anything, but please hear me out. Am in trouble with my mums account, she must not know what i have done. I borrowed money wit r account just to go for a job in Lagos. But I was scammed. Check the link please. All I ask is please for God sake please read the post. Am out of options, I have no choice pls.any amount please. It is almost 27th.

https://www.nairaland.com/4615010/guys-pray-check-out#69373597

Re: How Fayose Lost Ekiti by PassingShot(m): 1:47pm On Jul 16, 2018
Firefire, is this different from my thoughts?

Reason for once brother. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: How Fayose Lost Ekiti by Firefire(m): 1:49pm On Jul 16, 2018
PassingShot:
Firefire, is this different from my thoughts?

Reason for once brother. grin grin grin

Wetin concern me. Let the CHAIN be progressive cool
Re: How Fayose Lost Ekiti by Nobody: 1:51pm On Jul 16, 2018
strangest:
[/s]

this is how he lost
is it only pdp and APC that’s there .
What about other party votes?
Get sense fast
Re: How Fayose Lost Ekiti by PassingShot(m): 1:51pm On Jul 16, 2018
strangest:
[/s]

this is how he lost
Add the missing figures for Ado and Ise Orun to the total before you foam in your mouth.

4 Likes

Re: How Fayose Lost Ekiti by PassingShot(m): 1:52pm On Jul 16, 2018
Firefire:

The CHANGE is indeed progressing tongue
Re: How Fayose Lost Ekiti by BigDealz: 1:52pm On Jul 16, 2018
strangest:
[/s]

this is how he lost

If you are not blind, you will see two local governments whose totals haven't been included... Do not let envy becloud your good sense of reasoning

2 Likes

Re: How Fayose Lost Ekiti by Resourceteam(f): 1:56pm On Jul 16, 2018
I love this piece

seunmsg:
Fayose stupidly believed that Ekiti people are fools because we gave him a second chance in 2014. The 2014 victory got into his head and he felt he's one kind of political genius that knows it all. He quickly dismantled the united coalition that worked for him and made himself the alpha and omega of everything in the state. He failed to fulfil all his promises to political leaders in his own party and when they complain, he tags them an enemy and start victimising them. People who couldn't stomach such nonsense started leaving the party for him. Instead of retracing his steps, he became more hardened and told everybody that cannot accept his dictatorship to leave the party. More people left.

With his attitude coupled with the fact that he doesn't listen to the opinions of others, his downfall was just a matter of time. To show how stupid and arrogant Fayose can be, he publicly announced his preferred successor almost a year before the election. That alone gave his opponents both within and outside the party enough time to strategies against him. APC quickly reached out to those they knew would be aggrieved after PDP primary and reached a working agreement with them to defect once Fayose succeeds in imposing Eleka.

More foolishly, Fayose choose a candidate from Ikere Ekiti and still went ahead to create problem for him in his hometown by wagging an unnecessary war against Olukere, the traditional and spiritual head of the town. Olukere was arrested and locked up for some days in Ado-Ekiti few months to the election. Fayose's supporters openly celebrated the public humiliation of the traditional ruler without thinking of the political consequences. On election day, Olukere's supporters and the people of Afao-Ikere quarters turned up for APC thereby resulting in an almost equal division of Ikere votes. If Ikere had voted solely for their son, PDP would have won the election.

Apart from his crass arrogance, Fayose is also very stingy. He believed he can always get what he wants from people by manipulating them. In days towards the election, billions of naira was raised from PDP governors but Fayose sat over the money alone. Even Eleka didn't have access to campaign funds. Party members were complaining discretely since nobody could confront him openly. His stinginess also led him not to fulfil his N10,000 promise to motorist that agreed to park their vehicles in government house when Buhari visited the state. Most of the drivers failed to turn up for him on election day.

Finally, he allowed Adeyeye to leave the party. That was the last straw that broke the camels back. Adeyeye was the leader of the party before Jonathan hijacked it for Fayose in 2014. Adeyeye was placated with a ministerial appointment so as not to leave the party. In 2018, Fayose saw no reason to placate him. He instead ordered Mere Olayinka and his lackeys to attack him in the media. The outcome is what we saw last Saturday.
Re: How Fayose Lost Ekiti by Nobody: 1:57pm On Jul 16, 2018
The election is obviously not free and fair Eleka did not lost, plateau killing, sokoto and others not even 100 policeman was deployed there but for Ekiti state election yuu brought 30,000 for what exactly, with what happen in Ekiti am 100 percent sure buhari will win coming 2019 and beside you people should stop mentioning fayose because he is not contesting
Re: How Fayose Lost Ekiti by AfonjaBoston: 1:58pm On Jul 16, 2018
Firefire:

I thought you and Johnny committed suicide.
Did you wake up from the dead or the rope cut?

1 Like

Re: How Fayose Lost Ekiti by Codes151(m): 1:59pm On Jul 16, 2018
Useless country.. how many ppl in ekiti get pvc?
Re: How Fayose Lost Ekiti by Firefire(m): 2:08pm On Jul 16, 2018
AfonjaBoston:

I thought you and Johnny committed suicide.
Did you wake up from the dead or the rope cut?

How can you wish your fellow man death? Is that how evil APC children of hate can be?

1 Like

Re: How Fayose Lost Ekiti by AfonjaBoston: 2:17pm On Jul 16, 2018
Firefire:

How can you wish your fellow man death? Is that how evil APC children of hate can be?

Have you not wished President Buhari death before?

4 Likes

Re: How Fayose Lost Ekiti by uwajeh(m): 2:18pm On Jul 16, 2018
strangest:
[/s]

this is how he lost
The figures you're quoting are from the 2014 elections. They were most likely doctored to look as though it's the 2018 election result.
Re: How Fayose Lost Ekiti by Firefire(m): 2:19pm On Jul 16, 2018
AfonjaBoston:

Have you not wished President Buhari death before?

When, where? be careful?

Btw:

Are you claiming the same status as President Buhary?
Re: How Fayose Lost Ekiti by Rhozabeth(m): 2:19pm On Jul 16, 2018
Lordlestat:
Nope

Are u saying PDP has never rigged an election? Elections in Nigeria is about the highest rigger! Obviously APC is currently the highest rigger until PDP can come out with better ways of rigging.

2 Likes

Re: How Fayose Lost Ekiti by romenna: 2:21pm On Jul 16, 2018
Lordlestat:
Nope

shut up ur mouth my friend! I am pro PDP but is it true that ekiti workers have not bn paid for 8months?
If na u dem treat like dat u go like am?
To think a prof was d deputy is even more appalling!
To hell with fayose n eleka if they didn't pay workers salaries but paid themselves
God punish the two of them!

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Fayose Lost Ekiti by Olalekanbanky1(m): 2:22pm On Jul 16, 2018
strangest:
[/s]

this is how he lost

This result is from the PDPEC and not INEC

1 Like

Re: How Fayose Lost Ekiti by OhiOfIhima: 2:22pm On Jul 16, 2018
HungerBAD:
A
Fayose lost because he took Ekiti State for granted,and treated the citizens there as his personal property. Imagine not paying people for 8 and 6 months, and then giving them 3k for transportation to vote for your party. Is that Fayose okay?

Imagine! Who does dat? They paid him in his own coins. They served him well after insulting d Ekiti people for that his ridiculous action.

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why We Walked Out Of Meeting With Nigerian Govt – NLC / African Footballer Of The Year Award - Mikel & Iheanacho Out Of List / Femi Fani-Kayode To Obi: Do Us All A Big Favour, Go And Never Come Back

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.