Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,455 members, 7,830,263 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:50 PM

Deji’s Only Option Is Suicide – Chief Alex Akinyele - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Deji’s Only Option Is Suicide – Chief Alex Akinyele (6075 Views)

President Buhari's Shoes Costs $8000 - Adeyanju Deji Claims (photos) / Akure Youths Flogged Eze-ndigbo Out Of Deji Of Akure, Oba Aladetoyinbo Palace / Is Chief Alex Ekwueme A True Igbo Leader? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Deji’s Only Option Is Suicide – Chief Alex Akinyele by KnowAll(m): 1:32pm On Jun 13, 2010
[size=14pt]Whether he likes it or not he better take his life now or enjoy a harrowing and gruesome death later, Death and his other cousin terminal illness are some of the unsavoury spirits that these Obas have had a daliance with during coronation, be assured they would come calling faster than u would say Jackie Stone, mark my word the night stalker is just round the corner.[/size]
Re: Deji’s Only Option Is Suicide – Chief Alex Akinyele by Omolulu(m): 1:58pm On Jun 13, 2010
no be only suicide
Re: Deji’s Only Option Is Suicide – Chief Alex Akinyele by coolier(f): 4:49pm On Jun 13, 2010
For once, I support Alex Akinyele!
Re: Deji’s Only Option Is Suicide – Chief Alex Akinyele by naijaking1: 5:20pm On Jun 13, 2010
Anybody looking at Deji's picture can easily tell, he's not the type to contemplate suicide. He's big, if not fat, enjoys the finer things of life, and he loves life too much. He's not going to kill himself.
Re: Deji’s Only Option Is Suicide – Chief Alex Akinyele by Pifa: 5:28pm On Jun 13, 2010
Suicide would be too dignified a way out for this Oba. He and his thugs, and the wife who accompanied him should do serious time in jail for violating the state’s criminal code. They should also be charged with civil rights violation, if there is a statutory law to that effect in Nigeria. At the minimum, the criminal charges should be as follows:

Aggravated Assault
Assault with a deadly weapon (the hot ash is a deadly weapon)
Unlawful entry
Trespassing
Unlawful detention
Criminal Property Damage

The prosecution can determine the number of counts associated with each charge.
Re: Deji’s Only Option Is Suicide – Chief Alex Akinyele by oderemo(m): 5:33pm On Jun 13, 2010
Royal suicide
But if the Deji of Akure were like other obas in the South- west- even Benin, there’s a calabash in the palace, once he opens the calabash, he will die automatically. An Oba is not supposed to see disgrace like the Deji of Akure. In our history, a lot of Obas have taken that way to exit and avoid disgrace[/quote
]
how many, in my life times had taken that route.?
cant remember, will like mr. alex akinyemi to jogg my memory.
Re: Deji’s Only Option Is Suicide – Chief Alex Akinyele by redsun(m): 6:23pm On Jun 13, 2010
It should be a calabash with a deadly cobra in it,like the suicide of the legendary Cleopatra, I hope people are literally believing that just opening a calabash containig a parrot egg could kill somebody.
Re: Deji’s Only Option Is Suicide – Chief Alex Akinyele by oderemo(m): 6:52pm On Jun 13, 2010
It should be a calabash with a deadly cobra in it,like the suicide of the legendary Cleopatra, I hope people are literally believing that just opening a calabash containig a parrot egg could kill somebody

maybe.who knows. what will actually kill the OBA.
Re: Deji’s Only Option Is Suicide – Chief Alex Akinyele by Osama10(m): 6:56pm On Jun 13, 2010
This modern age, Nigerians hardly commit suicide.
Re: Deji’s Only Option Is Suicide – Chief Alex Akinyele by oderemo(m): 7:05pm On Jun 13, 2010
This modern age, Nigerians hardly commit suicide.
the point i am driving at is all these yadayada, uncle akinyele is on about is bull shit.
commit suicide in nigeria, that will be the day.
Re: Deji’s Only Option Is Suicide – Chief Alex Akinyele by AloyEmeka5: 7:16pm On Jun 13, 2010
chidichris:

if the deji is a yorubaman, he shld know the culture and tradition and accepting that position means accepting the terms and conditions hence i advise him to commit suicide without fear or favour.
far back in my secondary school days when we learn govt, we were mearnt to understand that suicide is the only option in such situations and i mentioned that here in another topic.
pls deji must learn to die for what he believed in.

Did Afonja commit suicide as required by the same Yoruba tradition?. Why should Deji's case be any different?
Re: Deji’s Only Option Is Suicide – Chief Alex Akinyele by Osama10(m): 7:19pm On Jun 13, 2010
Chief Alex Akinyele if you were to be in Deji's position would you commit suicide with all the money you stole back then?
Re: Deji’s Only Option Is Suicide – Chief Alex Akinyele by redsun(m): 7:20pm On Jun 13, 2010
ode remo:

maybe.who knows. what will actually kill the OBA.

Cyanide will be quick and easy.But according to obasanjo,nigerian leaders like him are immune to embarrassment and he that doesn't feel the anguish of dishonor can never commit suicide
Re: Deji’s Only Option Is Suicide – Chief Alex Akinyele by Osama10(m): 7:22pm On Jun 13, 2010
redsun:

Cyanide will be quick and easy.But according to obasanjo,nigerian leaders like him are immune to embarrassment and he that doesn't feel the anguish of dishonor can never commit suicide

This is very funny about OBJ.
Re: Deji’s Only Option Is Suicide – Chief Alex Akinyele by redsun(m): 7:29pm On Jun 13, 2010
Osama10:

This is very funny about OBJ.

The statement by obasanjo about his immunity to embarrassment was a thread on this forum.And that is why he can never change because he doesn't realize he is nuisance.
Re: Deji’s Only Option Is Suicide – Chief Alex Akinyele by nex(m): 7:42pm On Jun 13, 2010
Alex Akinyele is a clown. I was the  Alaafin of oyo this applied to, not just any Oba in Yorubaland. How can an enlightened man expect that the Deji will stare at a parrot's egg and die.  if at all the man dies, then it's not suicide because it is clear that there were poisonous fumes released in his room. Stare at an egg and die. Naija abeg make una no use laugh kill me.
Re: Deji’s Only Option Is Suicide – Chief Alex Akinyele by coolier(f): 8:54pm On Jun 13, 2010
Osama10:

Chief Alex Akinyele if you were to be in Deji's position would you commit suicide with all the money you stole back then?

If he was in Deji's position, he would definitely commit suicide because then it would be the most honourable thing to do. He wouldn't have had the opportunity to become Minister, the privilege to steal all that money and the boldness or audacity to abuse power. He would just have been Deji, with no stolen money, ready to depart.
Re: Deji’s Only Option Is Suicide – Chief Alex Akinyele by AndreUweh(m): 9:45pm On Jun 13, 2010
Alex Akinyele was drawing reference from the tradition of the old Oyo empire. The old Oyo empire is no more and the Yorubas have moved on. Things that do not normally happen in the then Oyo empire happens this days. For example Chief M. Abiola was made Are ona kakanfo when he was not a military officer. There lots more.
Re: Deji’s Only Option Is Suicide – Chief Alex Akinyele by Nobody: 10:14pm On Jun 13, 2010
'and they sat down and said on june 12 we stand', classic
Re: Deji’s Only Option Is Suicide – Chief Alex Akinyele by ifele(m): 12:22am On Jun 14, 2010
The aborishas and their customs have so restricted the Deji's freedom there is no way he can have any personal freedom. The aborishas who refuse to

modernise are the ones partly responsible for the problems in Akure noble house. They are too pagan. They need to apply common sense instead of

superstition in their political dealings. Christianity can help them out.
Re: Deji’s Only Option Is Suicide – Chief Alex Akinyele by ifele(m): 12:25am On Jun 14, 2010
No institution has any right to command any one even a Noble to commit suicide. The old ways must pass away because they are oppressive and

unnecessary. This is a family problem that exploded and became a major public issue. The Deji should not have abused his wife even in public.
Re: Deji’s Only Option Is Suicide – Chief Alex Akinyele by nex(m): 4:57am On Jun 14, 2010
Abeg, they should give him a calabashed parrot egg to stare at and let's see if anything will happen. I don't know why these people will reject civilization and continue to pursue superstition. The law is there and someone elsewhere is suggesting some fantastic mysticism. If it were as Alex Akinyele put it, then one would have to wonder why Alao Akala had not been made to stare at a parrot's egg. Ignorant old man. Let them give the Deji a parrot's egg whether he will not only gaze at it in appreciation, but he'll also make of it his breakfast.

Re: Deji’s Only Option Is Suicide – Chief Alex Akinyele by tpiah: 9:31am On Jun 14, 2010
the aborishas and their customs have so restricted the Deji's freedom there is no way he can have any personal freedom. The aborishas who refuse to

modernise are the ones partly responsible for the problems in Akure noble house. They are too pagan. They need to apply common sense instead of

superstition in their political dealings. Christianity can help them out

sometimes you make a lot of sense. wink

other times, you act crazy.

i also heard the man reintroduced many ancient idols which were no longer worshipped. What's the meaning of that, and this is someone who used to live overseas?

he was trying to revert the entire town to paganism, it seems. That's absolutely not cool.

transatlantic slave trade here we come.
Re: Deji’s Only Option Is Suicide – Chief Alex Akinyele by Dede1(m): 9:51am On Jun 14, 2010
The posted article accredited to one Chief Alex Akinyele is an arrant nonsense. In the referenced Yoruba culture and tradition, Deji of Akure would have ordered Olori Balanle to be beheaded for desecrating the land and no eyelid would have bated.  Dr Nathanial Akinremi Fadipe must be turning in his grave.
Re: Deji’s Only Option Is Suicide – Chief Alex Akinyele by tpiah: 2:02pm On Jun 14, 2010
^^ who's he?

anyway, the fact that someone could have the power to arbitrarily behead people doesnt mean he cant still lose the throne sooner or later.

no one is indispensable.

despots also get their comeuppance.
Re: Deji’s Only Option Is Suicide – Chief Alex Akinyele by youngies(m): 3:25pm On Jun 14, 2010
Alex Akinyele continues to be a public clown. embarassed
Calabash of parrot's egg indeed!

Former Deji of Akure should simply assemble his crack team of lawyers for the legal battle ahead.
If found guilty, I pray the court to send him to gashua prisons for his sabbaticals cool
Re: Deji’s Only Option Is Suicide – Chief Alex Akinyele by Dede1(m): 4:51pm On Jun 14, 2010
tpiah:

^^ who's he?

anyway, the fact that someone could have the power to arbitrarily behead people doesnt mean he cant still lose the throne sooner or later.

no one is indispensable.

despots also get their comeuppance.

Do you not have respect for culture and tradition of our people? Or are you simply bent on trashing anything African? The Oba was/is the owner of the lands and companion of gods. In most cases, the Oba does no wrong.

If the Yoruba people have decided to junk their richly culture and tradition, which I found wonderfully fascinating, it is okay by me. But it is incredibly ridiculous to praise such throne and at the same time scorn it. It is very sycophantic to prostrate in the presence of Oba and in minutes later call on a mere state governor to dethrone the same Oba on a slightest of misstep.

I honestly believed that one of the constituent problems of Africa is the abandonment of our culture and tradition for anything European. Please do not get me wrong and jump into hasty conclusion that wife-beating is African culture and tradition. My plank of the argument is what led to the altercation. I strongly support the fact that Oba is entitle to more than one wife. Olori Balanle is a Yoruba lady and I believe she knew very well any Oba or Oba-to-be for that matter could opt for a second wife before she agreed to marry Deji of Akure.
Re: Deji’s Only Option Is Suicide – Chief Alex Akinyele by tpiah: 6:11pm On Jun 14, 2010
^^well, in this case, the oba has done wrong.

true, his wife should have been aware obas are polygamous by tradition, but that's no reason for him to publicly attack her in that manner.

maybe he offended one or more of his gods and babalawos, who then decided to rope him.

since he's anti-christian, he should know african idols arent synonymous with mercy.

the only song i can recommend now is:

what can wash away my sin

nothing but the blood of Jesus

what can make me whole again

nothing but the blood of Jesus
Re: Deji’s Only Option Is Suicide – Chief Alex Akinyele by otawa: 11:40am On Jun 15, 2010
Alex Akinyele is right. But it is the king makers that will give the Oba the choice to make.

Deji's action surely deserve that he open the calabash.

They will present him with 3 calabashes, whichever he chooses decides his fate; abdicate, suicide or exile.

Will the Ondo king makers stand up and be counted?

In the referenced Yoruba culture and tradition, Deji of Akure would have ordered Olori Balanle to be beheaded for desecrating the land and no eyelid would have bated.

You are wrong. Yorubas are moderate, what she has done does not warrant that, no king makers will support such action from the 'Kabiyesi'
Re: Deji’s Only Option Is Suicide – Chief Alex Akinyele by tpiah: 3:17pm On Jun 15, 2010
Will the Ondo king makers stand up and be counted?

do you mean akure kingmakers.

so far i'm yet to see anyone present solid evidence the calabash and parrot thingy apply anywhere outside oyo.

the govt has deposed him, which is the same express purpose of a calabash scenario.

allow some room for modernization.
Re: Deji’s Only Option Is Suicide – Chief Alex Akinyele by ud4u: 4:11pm On Jun 15, 2010
Please that is too far, instead of you to advise him to repent, you want him to commit suicide and go to hell fire.

Oga this your advise is not for this generation, abeg na olden days advise.
Re: Deji’s Only Option Is Suicide – Chief Alex Akinyele by Dede1(m): 5:22pm On Jun 15, 2010
otawa:

You are wrong. Yorubas are moderate, what she has done does not warrant that, no king makers will support such action from the 'Kabiyesi'

If you really know your culture and tradition, you would have understood that no Olori will allegedly abort unborn royal baby and live to see another day.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Chemical Tanker Explodes At Sangotedo Area, Lekki-Epe Expressway, Lagos / Troops In Mali Haven't Been Paid For 3 Months - Premium Times / Why I Support Gej.....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.