Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,560 members, 7,827,089 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:55 AM

As Parents, What Are The Most Common Words Use With Children? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / As Parents, What Are The Most Common Words Use With Children? (12819 Views)

Married Men With Children, How Much Do You Spend On Running Your Home Weekly? / Yahoo-Yahoo / Olosho Matter,Parents..what Precautionary Steps Are You Taking? / Most Common Words Used In 2020 So Far (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: As Parents, What Are The Most Common Words Use With Children? by imurboss: 11:01am On Jul 18, 2018
leave there
stop that rubbish
is something wrong with you
come here
let me hear word
if i get hold of you,you'll be sorry
stop shouting
sit down
etc grin

2 Likes

Re: As Parents, What Are The Most Common Words Use With Children? by honestivo(m): 11:01am On Jul 18, 2018
You're excellent Good boy The boss You're a king etc

1 Like

Re: As Parents, What Are The Most Common Words Use With Children? by ajagidiagbo1(m): 11:03am On Jul 18, 2018
Oh God
Come here
How are you
What's your problem
Open you mouth
Don't do that
Sit down
Be quiet
Don't beat her
Ha
Go and meet your mummy
Your mummy will open it
Eat your food
I'll not play with you again
Remove that
Call your mummy
Read aloud

And so many..

4 Likes

Re: As Parents, What Are The Most Common Words Use With Children? by chiboy1116: 11:05am On Jul 18, 2018
post=69486793:
Come and eat barbecue with fries or salad!
lwkmd...mad man.
Re: As Parents, What Are The Most Common Words Use With Children? by Mckandre(m): 11:09am On Jul 18, 2018
I'll flog u o
I'll call njiii for u grin

1 Like

Re: As Parents, What Are The Most Common Words Use With Children? by xynerise: 11:10am On Jul 18, 2018
Antelope grin
Re: As Parents, What Are The Most Common Words Use With Children? by Nobody: 11:12am On Jul 18, 2018
I’m an aunt but a mom in practice I ask them what are you doing it’s always good to see their reaction and know if their up to no good lol when they laugh I know their being naughty

1 Like

Re: As Parents, What Are The Most Common Words Use With Children? by Bryan88(m): 11:15am On Jul 18, 2018
Sense fall on you
Re: As Parents, What Are The Most Common Words Use With Children? by IFELEKE(m): 11:19am On Jul 18, 2018
There are no limit to words when one is handling children..
I usually add the prefix " My friend" to every word or line I use with my kids till the day my first child proudly announced in school that her daddy doesn't beat her but only squeeze his face and yell "My Friend"!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: As Parents, What Are The Most Common Words Use With Children? by HomeOfMe(f): 11:23am On Jul 18, 2018
todaynewsreview:
Guess the topic is self explanatory.

To kick start this, I have to share some of the most common words anytime I'm with my kids.

Leave there.
Come here.
Stop it
Stop that
Don't touch it
Don't go there
It's okay
Take

What are some of yours?

Oko mi,baba mi,get down from the centre table,leave the kichensee your head like your father's own,cry cry baby,ti mo ba na e gbogbo nkan lo ma wun e je,stop playing with water,make sure you finish your food...

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: As Parents, What Are The Most Common Words Use With Children? by McCobble(m): 11:29am On Jul 18, 2018
Hey!
leave it!
you will fall!
take
keep quiet!
are you ok?
I am tired
pyay (play or pray)
I love you
sit down
dont touch it
jojo (hot)
etc.

3 Likes

Re: As Parents, What Are The Most Common Words Use With Children? by Camberlo(m): 11:30am On Jul 18, 2018
Boy
How are u
Where is Nabeela
Nabby
Hey
Come
On the TV
Go to channel 309
Let me watch news
What did they taught u today
Did u attended Islamiyya
Take
Give me water inside fridge
Button up
Don't play rough
Is your bicycle OK
How's your uncle at school
Are you OK
Take ur siesta
Let's enter town

1 Like

Re: As Parents, What Are The Most Common Words Use With Children? by Omoboricash(m): 11:31am On Jul 18, 2018
Stop running
Don't beat your sister
Let me feed you
Don't play rough
Don't give me hypertension
You will fall down
Time to sleep
Pls eat small
The food is sweet, taste it
What do you want
Etc

5 Likes

Re: As Parents, What Are The Most Common Words Use With Children? by highchief3(m): 11:37am On Jul 18, 2018
Ooooooooohhhhhhh.
Re: As Parents, What Are The Most Common Words Use With Children? by Ogonimilitant(m): 11:41am On Jul 18, 2018
Iga ada

4 Likes

Re: As Parents, What Are The Most Common Words Use With Children? by temmijoyin(f): 11:45am On Jul 18, 2018
Does it mean we don't speak to our kids in our native languages? Anyway sha me: olorire orie da kuro ma na e abi o fe ni alubarika ni Olorun a fi ire fun
By boy understands Yoruba, English and little Arabic.

2 Likes

Re: As Parents, What Are The Most Common Words Use With Children? by TeamSimple(m): 11:50am On Jul 18, 2018
Jojo ( hot)
Ojuju calabar ( when she wants to wander alone)

1 Like

Re: As Parents, What Are The Most Common Words Use With Children? by SlyIg(f): 11:53am On Jul 18, 2018
I'll beat you
Re: As Parents, What Are The Most Common Words Use With Children? by SlyIg(f): 11:54am On Jul 18, 2018
Leave me alone
Re: As Parents, What Are The Most Common Words Use With Children? by Mentcee(m): 11:55am On Jul 18, 2018
McCobble:
Hey!
leave it!
you will fall!
take
keep quiet!
are you ok?
I am tired
pyay (play or pray)
I love you
sit down
dont touch it
jojo (hot)
etc.
Exactly!

Parenting!

2 Likes

Re: As Parents, What Are The Most Common Words Use With Children? by chris31(m): 12:01pm On Jul 18, 2018
If i hear pim from that ur mouth again u go hear nwii
Lol back in the days
Re: As Parents, What Are The Most Common Words Use With Children? by madridguy(m): 12:12pm On Jul 18, 2018
May God help me too.

Can't wait to have my Salamah
Re: As Parents, What Are The Most Common Words Use With Children? by Nobody: 12:19pm On Jul 18, 2018
Wow, no wonder our society is the way it is. Just raising angry frustrated children dt can't express themselves emotionally. There's nothing wrong with saying these words, there's sthn wrong if that's what you say the most. And it's usually said out of the parents own frustration, not out of a deliberateness to teAch or instill a value. No wonder these are the words little kids also use the most among themselves. No decency and just throwing insults around.

More Nigerian parents should watch super nanny or 3day nanny videos, or read books on child psychology, instead of telenovelas and sports.

One important tip to note is that shouting 'stop' and 'don't' all day is actually not discipline. When a child does sthn wrong, u explain sternly what he did wrong, let him serve a punishment/consequence for dt wrongdoing, and then allowing him apologize to u or whoever for the wrongdoing and then u embrace him. Dt is discipline.
Not shouting monosyllabic words all day with zero communication and zero relationship wt a child. They usually just keep repeating d same thing and never really learn consequences for actions, empathy, or how to express themselves. Same problem we are seeing in society.

2 Likes

Re: As Parents, What Are The Most Common Words Use With Children? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 12:21pm On Jul 18, 2018
Horlarwahleh:
Don't go near that swimming pool like D'banj son...

Lol
Re: As Parents, What Are The Most Common Words Use With Children? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 12:22pm On Jul 18, 2018
doctorkush:
leave me alone, I'm not your daddy

grin
Re: As Parents, What Are The Most Common Words Use With Children? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 12:22pm On Jul 18, 2018
jimmyolasun:
leave that thing( ps3 game controller) go and play with your mother breast... cheesy

grin
Re: As Parents, What Are The Most Common Words Use With Children? by tableshaker: 12:31pm On Jul 18, 2018
i will beat you oo

oya sorry
Re: As Parents, What Are The Most Common Words Use With Children? by memories1(f): 12:41pm On Jul 18, 2018
Stop staring and eat your food!

Put on some clothes.

Why are you so quiet, what are you doing there?!

You're blessed and favoured.

You're the light, shine bright.

I love you, but leave me alone, I want to rest.

Lower the volume!

Are you done with your homework?

Don't run on the stairs!

Etc
Re: As Parents, What Are The Most Common Words Use With Children? by Buffalo2(m): 12:42pm On Jul 18, 2018
Are you okay?
Re: As Parents, What Are The Most Common Words Use With Children? by konfused: 1:15pm On Jul 18, 2018
I speak only Igbo language to my child. No English at all, I dislike seeing young children of under 5years speaking English as their first language.

Bia
Gini ka ina eme
Bia sa ahu
Bia rie nri
Jiri Nwayo
Iga ada ooo
Bia ka m kuru gi
Re: As Parents, What Are The Most Common Words Use With Children? by holluphemydavid(m): 1:29pm On Jul 18, 2018
cynhamscakes:
Stop that
Sit down
Joanna!!
Mitchell!!
Stop that
What is in your mouth?
Why are you so quiet?
Leave the bathroom
Come inside the house
Leave it
Drop it

Etc
Etc

But i'm loving it grin grin grin
wow,u killed dis,cant wait to be using such words either
Re: As Parents, What Are The Most Common Words Use With Children? by cromele: 1:32pm On Jul 18, 2018
janellemonae:
Wow, no wonder our society is the way it is. Just raising angry frustrated children dt can't express themselves emotionally. There's nothing wrong with saying these words, there's sthn wrong if that's what you say the most. And it's usually said out of the parents own frustration, not out of a deliberateness to teAch or instill a value. No wonder these are the words little kids also use the most among themselves. No decency and just throwing insults around.

More Nigerian parents should watch super nanny or 3day nanny videos, or read books on child psychology, instead of telenovelas and sports.

One important tip to note is that shouting 'stop' and 'don't' all day is actually not discipline. When a child does sthn wrong, u explain sternly what he did wrong, let him serve a punishment/consequence for dt wrongdoing, and then allowing him apologize to u or whoever for the wrongdoing and then u embrace him. Dt is discipline.
Not shouting monosyllabic words all day with zero communication and zero relationship wt a child. They usually just keep repeating d same thing and never really learn consequences for actions, empathy, or how to express themselves. Same problem we are seeing in society.

You have said nothing meaningful. Maybe till you get your own kids before you will appreciate these statements.
Thanks.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Any Special Needs School In Nigeria / My Wife Hates And Starves Her Stepchildren / It's My Son's Birthday Today 19th JUL 2016..Happy Birthday Son

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.