Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,061 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:18 AM

Wrong Bank Transaction, How Can I reverse it - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Wrong Bank Transaction, How Can I reverse it (34449 Views)

Wrong Bank Transfer To Another Recipient Who Is To Blame / My Wife Mistakenly Sent Money To A Wrong Bank Account / How can i reverse 9mobile airtime that i mistakenly bought (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wrong Bank Transaction, How Can I reverse it by praise010(m): 2:52pm On Jul 17, 2018
tofolo:
Better, atleast the funds are safe, now the bank would get the customer to come and reactivate the account and the funds would be sent back to her, if the customer is delaying let her just go to the nearest court and get a court order necessitating the bank to reverse the funds to her.The order costs just like 1k only.

Were do you obtain a court order for N1k? Na wah ooo

Please note that Court Order is a Judgment. You require the service of a lawyer or the Police to obtain. You are to file some processes in court which in turn will be served on the Bank before the said order can be obtained.

Again the Customer need not reactivate any account. Once fund enters a Dormant account, it becomes active except were there is outstanding documentation on the account.

In all, once the Beneficiary gives a written instruction to the Bank, the money will be reversed. If he refuses, then court order and it's antecedent cost becomes the last resort
Re: Wrong Bank Transaction, How Can I reverse it by nnatobryno(m): 2:55pm On Jul 17, 2018
Quickly contact the wrong beneficiaries' bank to lien the amount in the (wrong) beneficiaries' account then go get a valid Court Order to enable the Bank holding the fund reverse it.
Re: Wrong Bank Transaction, How Can I reverse it by ajayiopy: 3:00pm On Jul 17, 2018
graciamore:
Please nairalanders I need your help... my friend mistakenly made a transactions to the wrong bank... she is asking what possible way can she get her money back...please anyone here with the idea pleaseee... mods help me move this to front page biko
GET A COURT ORDER ,TAKE IT TO RECIPIENT BANK AND YOUR FUND WILL BE RECALL WITHIN 24 HOURS
Re: Wrong Bank Transaction, How Can I reverse it by ckmayoca: 3:01pm On Jul 17, 2018
slapandfall:
What channel did he use for the transfer?

Bank branch? or Online channel (Mobile App / Internet / USSD) ?

Which ever channel that was used... name will pop up for verification. These ppl want to reverse paid money. The money is gone cos if such is allowed stores will always be victims.

1 Like

Re: Wrong Bank Transaction, How Can I reverse it by Dollabiz: 3:02pm On Jul 17, 2018
Gone forever
Re: Wrong Bank Transaction, How Can I reverse it by modupe2: 3:03pm On Jul 17, 2018
Court Order could be fast, but not encouraged…....the court attendants are only after the N 5k or N 1k irrespective of whether or not there is genuine motive behind such transaction. It could look good for the person requesting for fund repatriation, but not good for the system, especially when there is fraudulent intention. Let the prescribed fund repatriation procedures be followed.

chukwuka12:

Court order is the fastest way of getting your funds... Whether the account is dormant, or no bvn linked or any challenge.... Court order gives you your funds sharp sharp. However it cost about 5k... It may vary

1 Like

Re: Wrong Bank Transaction, How Can I reverse it by modupe2: 3:03pm On Jul 17, 2018
Not at all......

Dollabiz:
Gone forever
Re: Wrong Bank Transaction, How Can I reverse it by tofolo(m): 3:04pm On Jul 17, 2018
praise010:

Were do you obtain a court order for N1k? Na wah ooo

Please note that Court Order is a Judgment. You require the service of a lawyer or the Police to obtain. You are to file some processes in court which in turn will be served on the Bank before the said order can be obtained.

Again the Customer need not reactivate any account. Once fund enters a Dormant account, it becomes active except were there is outstanding documentation on the account.

In all, once the Beneficiary gives a written instruction to the Bank, the money will be reversed. If he refuses, then court order and it's antecedent cost becomes the last resort
Not in all cases some have been issued free sef. and its not all banks that activate accounts the moment funds enters.
Re: Wrong Bank Transaction, How Can I reverse it by Lexusgs430: 3:07pm On Jul 17, 2018
The problem your friend would face is if the owner of the account, does not visit the bank to ok the reverse..

The money would simply be blocked, but no progress....
Re: Wrong Bank Transaction, How Can I reverse it by peeta4u(m): 3:11pm On Jul 17, 2018
graciamore:
Please nairalanders I need your help... my friend mistakenly made a transactions to the wrong bank... she is asking what possible way can she get her money back...please anyone here with the idea pleaseee... mods help me move this to front page biko

Na long thing oooo, she go do affidavit, do police report but she might still bt get d money back, it happened to my mum b4, she had to 4get abt it.
Re: Wrong Bank Transaction, How Can I reverse it by egorov(m): 3:16pm On Jul 17, 2018
graciamore:

This thing happened to me recently. There's nothing u can do other than go to a court and get a court order, it will take like 2weeks for it to come out. Good luck

Court order will cost u 15k to file. And you will still pay a lawyer if you're using one.
Re: Wrong Bank Transaction, How Can I reverse it by crazyABO(m): 3:18pm On Jul 17, 2018
amiibaby:
I don't disclose my identity on social media.....
can i send u an email?
Re: Wrong Bank Transaction, How Can I reverse it by oneclickng: 3:41pm On Jul 17, 2018
deewhydoski:

What of if the person has withdraw the money from his/her bank account, how will the bank reverse it?
the bank will need to conact the account holder for reversal. If he/she has spent the money, nothing else could be done.
Re: Wrong Bank Transaction, How Can I reverse it by Moyanbe(m): 3:42pm On Jul 17, 2018
chukwuka12:

Hello, its very simple, go to the court and get a court order, show them the proof of the transfer made... With the court order, the bank will immediately debit the account if the money is still there.... Do that NOW!!!!
What are the process to get a court order.
Someone just scammed me of some money.

1 Like

Re: Wrong Bank Transaction, How Can I reverse it by Yusful131: 3:43pm On Jul 17, 2018
deewhydoski:

What of if the person has withdraw the money from his/her bank account, how will the bank reverse it?
Just leave everything to bank to handle, unless he stops using that bank and the BVN
Re: Wrong Bank Transaction, How Can I reverse it by Happychildlove(f): 3:45pm On Jul 17, 2018
tgmservice:
Very Important Notice!!!

Please if your name is Emma and you are 25 years old and you applied for a job in NNPC last year, I dont know how it happened oooo

I just what to tell you that am eating suya with your application letter.......
u wicked o

1 Like

Re: Wrong Bank Transaction, How Can I reverse it by IBreakRules: 3:47pm On Jul 17, 2018
Your friend or you?

No one here will beat u if you say the truth you hear?
Re: Wrong Bank Transaction, How Can I reverse it by amiibaby(f): 3:47pm On Jul 17, 2018
crazyABO:
can i send u an email?
hmmmm... I hope am safe
Re: Wrong Bank Transaction, How Can I reverse it by crazyABO(m): 3:49pm On Jul 17, 2018
amiibaby:
hmmmm... I hope am safe
sure just to b friends i could drop my no if u want me to, if u not cool with it no p
Re: Wrong Bank Transaction, How Can I reverse it by Shakushaku1(m): 3:56pm On Jul 17, 2018
GreenArrow1:

If they sent it to an account number and and wrong bank (e.g GTB account number and then wrongly chose Access bank as bank type), the money will hang. Call customer care of your bank and they'll resolve it in 3 days. My story.

Abeg wetin be dem CS number or mail add
Re: Wrong Bank Transaction, How Can I reverse it by uvmoses(m): 3:58pm On Jul 17, 2018
graciamore:

Go online Sir, to the banks website. Send a mail to the Customer care Service or anybody their platform with every detail necessary. Then someone will contact you, meanwhile approach your bank for advice and don't hesitate before the recipient withdraws the Money.
Re: Wrong Bank Transaction, How Can I reverse it by amiibaby(f): 4:10pm On Jul 17, 2018
crazyABO:
sure just to b friends i could drop my no if u want me to, if u not cool with it no p
OK no problem u are free
Re: Wrong Bank Transaction, How Can I reverse it by ronaldbecky(m): 4:28pm On Jul 17, 2018
tgmservice:
Very Important Notice!!!

Please if your name is Emma and you are 25 years old and you applied for a job in NNPC last year, I dont know how it happened oooo

abeg..nairaland no go kill me with laugh...lolz..
Re: Wrong Bank Transaction, How Can I reverse it by sseunth(m): 4:55pm On Jul 17, 2018
adewumiopeyemi:
They will have to put the acount on pnd. Bro.. imediately wen the person go to the bank to complain.... imediately. And they transfer the money back bro...he or she no is not the rightful owner.
OK sir but it happened to a friend. Infact the nigga never withdraw and we were told that since the owner of the acct has seen the alert, they can't debit it unless he agrees
Re: Wrong Bank Transaction, How Can I reverse it by chikason68(m): 5:37pm On Jul 17, 2018
tgmservice:
Very Important Notice!!!

1 Like

Re: Wrong Bank Transaction, How Can I reverse it by abimic(m): 5:50pm On Jul 17, 2018
Well, despite that mistakes are bound to happen, these are avoidable mistakes, if u said wrong amount, understandable but do people still transfer to wrong bank these days despite the validation always requested for both account name in correspondence with account number using mobile app or she used ATM instead? Anyway, since it's a self inflicted foolishness, Just go to your bank, the money can't be withdrawn as the account number can never exist in another bank except your friend foolishly again sent to another person's account number existing in that same wrong bank for you to have been told the account is dormant, Infact, reversal should have been automatical had it Been it happened the way u said it. Just ask your friend more questions as she doesn't even know what her errors are and visit your bank in the long run.
Re: Wrong Bank Transaction, How Can I reverse it by kolawoleibukun2: 6:12pm On Jul 17, 2018
hehehhehehehehehehehe
good response
amiibaby:
is that the only thing that captivated u in my profile
Re: Wrong Bank Transaction, How Can I reverse it by madgoat(m): 6:15pm On Jul 17, 2018
dominique:

Very stupid post.
Spending money gotten through such means is NOT a sign of God picking your call, it just shows that you're a thief. God can never bless you with someone else's sweat and pain.

Dey there dey speak Spanish. A blessing is a blessing and other people's sweat can be a blessing for others grin
How i wish i was the one that got the credit alert grin
Re: Wrong Bank Transaction, How Can I reverse it by madgoat(m): 6:17pm On Jul 17, 2018
Bintabisiriyu:
She should understand that it's not her fault, mugu must fall for guyman to chop, let her just take it as her contribution to humanity, God has used her to answer a broda's prayers

Correct.. Blessings fall on youkiss
Re: Wrong Bank Transaction, How Can I reverse it by jamjam1991(m): 6:22pm On Jul 17, 2018
dominique:

Very stupid post.
Spending money gotten through such means is NOT a sign of God picking your call, it just shows that you're a thief. God can never bless you with someone else's sweat and pain.
devil can bless abet �
Re: Wrong Bank Transaction, How Can I reverse it by israel2563(m): 6:33pm On Jul 17, 2018
Harmored:
grin there was a time Someone sent me 6k but mistakenly sent it to another bank..the person went to both banks to complain.. Till today the money was not recovered

grin grin grin
Owo ti looo
Re: Wrong Bank Transaction, How Can I reverse it by slapandfall(m): 7:18pm On Jul 17, 2018
graciamore:
Ussd

Was the beneficiary name not displayed to your friend before he Ok'd the transfer?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Mass Sack, Investment Cuts Loom As Price Rout Shatters Oil Industry / Femi Otedola Emerges Largest Shareholder In Tony Elumelu's Transcorp / Funds In My Brother's Bank Account Was Wiped Off

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.