Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,195 members, 7,818,651 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:49 PM

Wrong Bank Transaction, How Can I reverse it - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Wrong Bank Transaction, How Can I reverse it (34464 Views)

Wrong Bank Transfer To Another Recipient Who Is To Blame / My Wife Mistakenly Sent Money To A Wrong Bank Account / How can i reverse 9mobile airtime that i mistakenly bought (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wrong Bank Transaction, How Can I reverse it by thatigboman: 7:44pm On Jul 17, 2018
graciamore:
Please nairalanders I need your help... my friend mistakenly made a transactions to the wrong bank... she is asking what possible way can she get her money back...please anyone here with the idea pleaseee... mods help me move this to front page biko
bank transactions are final. She can only go to her bank and request for reversal. The bank will contact the counter bank who will in turn contact their customer that received the credit. Upon agreement of the customer that received the credit, they will initiate a reversal transaction.
Good thing for her, it was a wrong bank, so possibly, no one has the account number in the counter bank, that will make the reversal easier, since the money will still be sitting in the counter bank account
Re: Wrong Bank Transaction, How Can I reverse it by thatigboman: 7:46pm On Jul 17, 2018
dominique:
No need to panic, the cash is hanging somewhere. In some cases it is auto-reversed, in other cases you have to apply for a reversal. I had similar issue last year and I mesaaged the bank on their Verified facebook handle to find out why my recipient is yet to get her money. It was then I was told that the recipient's account number doesn't match with the bank I picked. They requested for the bank name and helped me complete the transaction. Tell your friend to either go to the nearest branch, call them or message them.
auto reverse wount work in this case since it is a settled transaction. But the reversal from counter bank can easily be done
Re: Wrong Bank Transaction, How Can I reverse it by thatigboman: 7:48pm On Jul 17, 2018
graciamore:
Please nairalanders I need your help... my friend mistakenly made a transactions to the wrong bank... she is asking what possible way can she get her money back...please anyone here with the idea pleaseee... mods help me move this to front page biko
if her bank did not act on her complain after 7 days, she can mail cpd@cbn.gov.ng and attach details of the transaction, she will get her money back
Re: Wrong Bank Transaction, How Can I reverse it by thatigboman: 7:49pm On Jul 17, 2018
CrazeMan69:

Shut up joor,
grin grin
u are insulting a mod. U go soon chop ban
Re: Wrong Bank Transaction, How Can I reverse it by thatigboman: 7:51pm On Jul 17, 2018
deewhydoski:

What of if the person has withdraw the money from his/her bank account, how will the bank reverse it?
since it was a wrong bank, probably no customer of the other bank has that account no, so the money will sit in the other bank's suspense account. Reversal will be easy.
Re: Wrong Bank Transaction, How Can I reverse it by thatigboman: 7:52pm On Jul 17, 2018
gurunlocker:

I believe it's not possible to make a transaction to a wrong bank, I think each bank have their own account code. So the money will be reversed.
exactly.
Re: Wrong Bank Transaction, How Can I reverse it by Respect55(m): 8:45pm On Jul 17, 2018
yusufmuhd:
i stand to be corrected
but flagging of bvn does not happen in nigeria
if you think they is anybank in nigeria that flags person bvn

well u must be joiking

all those scammers out there

thre victim must in one way or the other complain to the bank

and d best thing dey can do is put the acct on PND
There is. Diamond at mile one in portharcourt along ikwerre road did it to a Corp member whose account was used to transfer fraudulent money into and withdrawn and she claimed to be ignorant of the transaction
Re: Wrong Bank Transaction, How Can I reverse it by felixawe(m): 9:09pm On Jul 17, 2018
He should get his transaction hard copy details handy and his NIN card, ur Biro , approach ur bank or email ur institution logically and scan ur proof. Your instituion will contact the other bank. Its a common problem, it will be reversed.
Re: Wrong Bank Transaction, How Can I reverse it by tonye33(m): 9:22pm On Jul 17, 2018
The way you explained it here to us, kindly locate the bank and make same report as posted here. Thank you for banking with us.....

1 Like

Re: Wrong Bank Transaction, How Can I reverse it by calliope(f): 9:54pm On Jul 17, 2018
Bintabisiriyu:
She should understand that it's not her fault, mugu must fall for guyman to chop, let her just take it as her contribution to humanity, God has used her to answer a broda's prayers
People like you with this type of sicken mentality makes me cringe. . Idiot!

1 Like

Re: Wrong Bank Transaction, How Can I reverse it by SirBunky85(m): 9:56pm On Jul 17, 2018
tgmservice:
Very Important Notice!!!

Please if your name is Emma and you are 25 years old and you applied for a job in NNPC last year, I dont know how it happened oooo

I just what to tell you that am eating suya with your application letter.......
and u think dat u are funny abi?nonsense
Re: Wrong Bank Transaction, How Can I reverse it by 3moses: 10:22pm On Jul 17, 2018
gurunlocker:

I believe it's not possible to make a transaction to a wrong bank, I think each bank have their own account code. So the money will be reversed.

u are 100% wrong... It happened to me this month on 2nd... I wanted to transfer 20k to an account in Access bank with a number that ends with 6843 and I mistakenly typed 6283. It brought a name Olatoye O. Titilayo. I'm still disturbing my bank till today, so as retrieve it, which they assured me that I will get my money soon as they have messaged Access bank.
Re: Wrong Bank Transaction, How Can I reverse it by gurunlocker: 10:28pm On Jul 17, 2018
3moses:

u are 100% wrong... It happened to me this month on 2nd... I wanted to transfer 20k to an account in Access bank with a number that ends with 6843 and I mistakenly typed 6283. It brought a name Olatoye O. Titilayo. I'm still disturbing my bank till today, so as retrieve it, which they assured me that I will get my money soon as they have messaged Access bank.

Talking about the number that start, not end. You that want to transfer money, won't you also know the name of the recipient and see if it's correct before confirming the transaction?

1 Like

Re: Wrong Bank Transaction, How Can I reverse it by merits(m): 10:51pm On Jul 17, 2018
graciamore:
.which your friend?it's you and stop lieing to us here.

1 Like

Re: Wrong Bank Transaction, How Can I reverse it by zimakod(m): 1:48am On Jul 18, 2018
Talk to your bank customer care

see more: https:///2Lqs246
Re: Wrong Bank Transaction, How Can I reverse it by CrazeMan69(m): 1:54am On Jul 18, 2018
thatigboman:
u are insulting a mod. U go soon chop ban
shocked shocked
Re: Wrong Bank Transaction, How Can I reverse it by amiibaby(f): 9:04am On Jul 18, 2018
kolawoleibukun2:
hehehhehehehehehehehe
good response
abi oo

1 Like

Re: Wrong Bank Transaction, How Can I reverse it by mechanics(m): 12:14pm On Jul 18, 2018
Just pray if there is network failure.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Everything In My Account: Hilarious Bank Teller / Customers Queue For Bank Verification Number (BVN) In Dutse (Photo) / Funds In My Brother's Bank Account Was Wiped Off

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.